PDA

View Full Version : bourbon

reno hightower
02-28-2018, 10:29 AM
just got a couple of new bourbons for me. Anybody had Weller single barrel or Colonel Taylor small batch?? Gonna give them a go this weekend. weather looking great for a little day drinking--cheers

BeastMan
02-28-2018, 10:41 AM
I’ve had the weller and it’s good. Never had the other one.

reno hightower
02-28-2018, 01:36 PM
I?ve had the weller and it?s good. Never had the other one.

Cool. thanks Beast. I'll report on the Colonel Taylor over the weekend.

BeardoMSU
02-28-2018, 03:09 PM
just got a couple of new bourbons for me. Anybody had Weller single barrel or Colonel Taylor small batch?? Gonna give them a go this weekend. weather looking great for a little day drinking--cheers

Any Weller is going to be good. Weller Antique (aged about 7 to 9 years) is one of the best values you can find. Colonel Tayler is great too. I know they have several varieties; can't remember which one I had, but I liked it a lot.

Elmer T. Lee is a bourbon I've started drinking recently. At my local Total Wine, ETL, along with Weller, Angels Envy, and Blantons, are bourbons they don't even keep on the shelf; you've got to ask if they've got any in the back, which its getting rarer and rarer that they do, lol.

SpeckleDawg
02-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Yes, I like the weller. Really good for the price. I also like Buffalo Trace for a budget friendly bourbon. Too bad you can't find Old Charter 10 anymore.

My favorites have been Basil Hayden's, Woodford, Eagle Rare - at least for bourbons that aren't TOO pricey.

msstatelp1
02-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Yes, I like the weller. Really good for the price. I also like Buffalo Trace for a budget friendly bourbon. Too bad you can't find Old Charter 10 anymore.

My favorites have been Basil Hayden's, Woodford, Eagle Rare - at least for bourbons that aren't TOO pricey.

The owner of a local package store recommended the Basil Hayden. I've enjoyed it although I'm not a big bourbon drinker.

SapperDawg
02-28-2018, 04:42 PM

EH Taylor is a Buffalo Trace product and is very good. Weller is a great wheated bourbon, but pretty sure they only make a 12 year old (hard to find) a special reserve and an antique.

That Basil Hayden is a Beam product.

Howboutdemdogs
03-04-2018, 04:12 PM
I'm like two brands, Basil Hayden and Woodford Reserve. The last two bottles have been Bullet. Kind of liking it.

SpeckleDawg
03-04-2018, 10:17 PM
I'm like two brands, Basil Hayden and Woodford Reserve.

Good taste!