PDA

View Full Version : I know everybody is down about last night...

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2018, 10:20 AM
but we really need to put things in perspective. This team has taken gigantic strides this year. When I went to a couple of games over Christmas and New Years I honestly didn?t see how we would win more than a couple of conference games. We were winning, but we were winning ugly against not very good opponents. We still are winning ugly but we have done so against better opponents. The improvement has been remarkable. We still struggle in the half court, especially against a zone, and we need to improve our strength across the board but especially in the post. The bottom line is we are back to where we were when the wheels really came off. We have every chance to better that and then some the next couple of years. Last night sucked, but overall this has been a good year when you put it in perspective.

Commercecomet24
02-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Agreed. Great post.

BrunswickDawg
02-28-2018, 11:07 AM
I would disagree on one point - winning ugly. Watch some non-SEC basketball - basketball has become an ugly game. Lots of fouls, turnovers, and bad shooting. Big difference is we play great defense for the most part, so those trends (fouls, turnovers, bad shooting) are amplified.

Jack Lambert
02-28-2018, 11:08 AM
The fat lady might be in the dressing room polishing her viking hat but she isn't on the stage singing yet. There is still a chance. I am not giving up hope until selection Sunday and they are not in.

Bothrops
02-28-2018, 11:33 AM
I'm definitely not down on the team or coaches. We ran into a giant circle saw. I think it sucks that we can't make it to the big dance, but I want to keep ****ing winning games this year.

MarketingBully
02-28-2018, 11:34 AM
It was always about our player leadership, maturity, and our players accepting their roles. Last night showed more or less that our maturity level still needs to improve. There was never anything wrong with our talent or coaching at any point this year. We just have to continue to get better in maturity and toughness but that comes with time.

MetEdDawg
02-28-2018, 11:56 AM
We are still young and inexperienced for the most part. Got a chance to go 10-8 with this squad in conference. Going 10-8 in an 8 bid league would be super impressive.

This year was what we expected. Borderline NCAA year with NIT appearance. That's going to happen. So we are right where we need to be. Thing we should be impressed with is that if you were told at the beginning of the year that the SEC would be this strong, I think a lot of us probably think we don't get into the NIT.

So even though we are going to go to the NIT, I don't think any of us expected the league to be this difficult and for us to do as well against that as we have.

BigEasyDawg
02-28-2018, 12:17 PM
I think this team can still win a couple of games in the tournament next week. Who knows what can happen then. We did get our butts kicked last night and they were too physical for us which is one area of the game I hate to see us lose in. Even so, hail state.

HoopsDawg
02-28-2018, 12:45 PM
. Last night showed more or less that our maturity level still needs to improve.

I would love to see our body language improve. We have 3 or 4 guys that whine a little too much.

BuckyIsAB****
02-28-2018, 02:17 PM
I think this team can still win a couple of games in the tournament next week. Who knows what can happen then. We did get our butts kicked last night and they were too physical for us which is one area of the game I hate to see us lose in. Even so, hail state.

I think we win 1 or 2 in the tourney.

This team has been knocked down twice this year and we didnt lay down. It shouldnt happen this time either. LSU game will tell us a lot about who we are

basedog
02-28-2018, 02:36 PM
I believe Ben Howland want let this team give up, there is always a chance to keep playing.

Truth is, we have come a loonnnggggg ways this year. Finally I see us taking the next step. Some of the "everyday poster" haven't a clue about coaching nor some of our players. I have laughed as every single player on our team has been called out as "ain't worthy" for whatever reason. Howland has held the course and he will only improve our program moving forward.

Of all the years playing in the SEC, this has been one of the most competitive balanced conference that I can recall. Truth is there are 9 teams that probably deserve to dance this year, probably want happen but the next two games for Msu should determine our faith.

Think of this, 18 home victories, IF everyone comes back we just might make a nice run for the SEC.