PDA

View Full Version : Herbstreit say: LSU on upset alert this weekend in Starkville.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Desmond Howard was saying Georgia could be on upset alert after the emotional game vs LSU. I say Desmond continues to be a damn moron. Georgia WON, and they are way better than Tennessee even on an off week.

Herbstreit responded by saying that LSU is the team that lost, so he could see them being down, and going to Starkville and winning won't be easy. He said State has a really good defense, and get this, a really good QB in Dak Prescott that has had the offense looking better since taking over for Russell.

I agree, Kirk. I agree completely.

FlabLoser
10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I really think all Desmond knows about the SEC is weekly scores.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I really think all Desmond knows about the SEC is weekly scores.

He knows Michigan football and ginormous Windsor knots. That's about it

chef dixon
10-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Desmond makes the show more fun just by picking some different stuff. He can't be that dumb. Pretty much every time LSU comes to Starkville seems to be an "upset alert" but rarely do the experts actually think it will happen. I don't see a ton of difference in this MSU-LSU version, but I know one of these times the ball is gonna have to bounce our way.

Coach34
10-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Everybody in the ****ing world can see that Prescott needs to be the QB

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM

This is the main thing I was pointing out in what herby said.

Dawg61
10-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Except the only one that matters. I think Mullen views them as Co-1st String QB's. They will both play.

maroonmania
10-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Desmond Howard is truly the weakest link. I don't see how in the world he ever got a job on Gameday as bad as he is.

preachermatt83
10-04-2013, 09:34 PM
take it or leave it but word around the High School game tonight was that if Dak is able to be there he will be the starting qb but his mom took a really bad turn yesterday and he may be with her. Understandably.. I can't imagine being in his shoes right now. Football would be my last concern. Praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 09:37 PM
take it or leave it but word around the High School game tonight was that if Dak is able to be there he will be the starting qb but his mom took a really bad turn yesterday and he may be with her. Understandably.. I can't imagine being in his shoes right now. Football would be my last concern. Praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

That sucks. I really hope everything is okay wig his mom. I am definitely ok with Russell starting if that's the reason.

preachermatt83
10-04-2013, 09:44 PM
yea, she has fought a tough battle with cancer and is in hospice care now. sad deal man..

maroonmania
10-04-2013, 09:51 PM
That sucks. I really hope everything is okay wig his mom. I am definitely ok with Russell starting if that's the reason.

Hate to hear that about his Mom. Also hate to think we may not have an experienced backup QB available. Tyler has always been a little prone to injury.

blacklistedbully
10-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Our prayers are with you and your mom, Dak.

Dawg61
10-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Does this mean Dak is in Louisiana right now? Terrible news

TheDogFather
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Assuming everyone agrees with you is narcissistic at best.

thf24
10-04-2013, 10:34 PM
While it's good to get props from the national media, I've always viewed being on the favorable end of an upset alert as last minute bulletin board material for the other team. But it is very telling that even the national talking heads, who can't possibly be familiar with every single team outside of the top tier, see that our offense is much better with Dak at the helm. Surely Mullen will make the right decision.

RougeDawg
10-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Desmond Howard is truly the weakest link. I don't see how in the world he ever got a job on Gameday as bad as he is.

Seriously??

RougeDawg
10-05-2013, 12:44 AM
A win in 18 hours will do more for our program, as a whole, than it will for Mullen. A win tomorrow will instill a "yes we can" mindset in every single player on our team. That's something we have been lacking the last couple years. The 9 win team obtained this attitude by winning in the Swamp. It carried throughout the season. We need a win like tomorrow to catapult this season, our coach, and give recruits/national media the perception that MSU is for real and is no longer a gimme on the schedule.

Time to make OUR STATEment tomorrow.

HIGHDOG
10-05-2013, 06:28 AM
ole dez is dumb as a rock imho...seemingly a nice enough guy...tom

Dawgface
10-05-2013, 07:26 AM
That is terrible news about his mom. I had forgotten about her illness. I had hoped he would play, but understand if he can't be there. Best of luck to the Prescott family.

maroonmania
10-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Seriously??

Yes seriously, he's terrible.

RougeDawg
10-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes seriously, he's terrible.

Wasnt arguing that. Re read and contemplate deeper.

99jc
10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Any sporting event pales comparison to a loved one.

Coach34
10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Assuming everyone agrees with you is narcissistic at best.

Not so much narcissism as much as me trying to give credit to people for having an IQ above jello

Coach34
10-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Last word I got is Dakota is playing tonight- but obviously with a situation like this- things could change in an instant