PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Men's BB game in years- State vs Tenn Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

preachermatt83
02-27-2018, 08:46 PM
Ummm.... no. Howland is slowly building a winner. Next year IS the year. We are playing ahead of schedule this year. Unless we win the Tourney, it will be the NIT this year and I’m good with that.

Amen!! And may very well win the nit

preachermatt83
02-27-2018, 08:47 PM
I always thought he sucked. Couldn't do anything with Kevin Durant. But this team is really well coached.

Me too. Exactly my thoughts. That's why I'm suprised how well this team is coached.

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 08:48 PM
In fairness, the football team also had some major setbacks under Mullen before achieving better highs. Progress in sports programs isn't always linear.

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Maybe so but I live 3 hours away and I?ve already decided to get season tickets next year. I?ve worked out what I can do with the tickets when I can?t make it but I feel these guys deserve asses in the seats.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I totally agree.

HoopsDawg
02-27-2018, 08:51 PM
UT is really good, but they have played one of their best games of the year and we have played awful..especially this half.

Red Sox Dawg
02-27-2018, 08:52 PM
Wow we look as bad as we have all year in the most important game of the year.

msstate7
02-27-2018, 08:53 PM
This tenn loss will cost us vs LSU too. Tenn did not just beat us tonight, they completely cut our nuts off and flushed them down the toilet. We got physically and emotionally beat the F down. Howland has a tough task to get us back going

LC Dawg
We just need to get this over with and move on. We obviously don?t match up well with Tenn but if we get in the right bracket in the SEC tourney I think we can win it. We?re still a good team. We just got our ass handed to us. It happens. As I said earlier Bama beat this Tenn team by 28. Shit happens. If we go to the NIT I?ll root for us to win it.

MarketingBully
This tenn loss will cost us vs LSU too. Tenn did not just beat us tonight, they completely cut our nuts off and flushed them down the toilet. We got physically and emotionally beat the F down. Howland has a tough task to get us back going

Are you always this negative?

RocketDawg
02-27-2018, 08:54 PM

Otherwise we looked pretty good ....

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 08:54 PM

only about the basketball team and Joe Moorhead's recruiting

RougeDawg
02-27-2018, 08:56 PM
If the fouls are called even in 1st half and TN doesn?t make 11 more FT?s than we do we are most likely leading at half by 4-6 and we come out differently in 2nd half.

Acid mouth
02-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Looks like we will be playing a Thursday game at the SEC tourney. There is no other team that I want in the opposite bracket more than Tennessee. Assuming we beat LSU, do we get in if we make it to the SEC finals and lose?

msstate7
02-27-2018, 08:57 PM

No, i blame the refs for my negativity

Red Sox Dawg
So if we win @ LSU and get to the tournament finals do we still get in?

RougeDawg
Tennessee has shot around 75% in the 2nd half. Hard to beat that.

Quaoarsking
02-27-2018, 08:58 PM

Not unless we win the Finals

msstate7
If the fouls are called even in 1st half and TN doesn?t make 11 more FT?s than we do we are most likely leading at half by 4-6 and we come out differently in 2nd half.

Wow. Like when we were up double digits on auburn at the half? It is ok to admit we are completely outclassed... we outclassed

MarketingBully
We just need to get this over with and move on. We obviously don?t match up well with Tenn but if we get in the right bracket in the SEC tourney I think we can win it. We?re still a good team. We just got our ass handed to us. It happens. As I said earlier Bama beat this Tenn team by 28. Shit happens. If we go to the NIT I?ll root for us to win it.

No one can match up with Tennessee if the refs allow them to do what they are doing on defense. This is like playing a Frank Martin defensive team without the refs calling fouls. Williams should be gone by now and fouled out. So should Schofield. It’s terrible what the refs allowed them to get away with.

mparkerfd20
Guys we ain't getting in. Never were. It was a pipe dream. Give it up.

Dawgology
We are NIT bound

LC Dawg
I?m no expert but I would say that depends on who we beat to get to the finals and upsets in other conference tourneys.

RougeDawg
02-27-2018, 08:59 PM
Wow. Like when we were up double digits on auburn at the half? It is ok to admit we are completely outclassed... we outclassed

I?m saying mentally it has an impact. Did you ever play sports? In college?

Calling the 1st half evenly and evening out free throw attempts will impact the score and halftime mentality. You can not deny that. That’s what I’m saying

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 08:59 PM
At this point, we'll need to win the SECT. Can't overcome that putrid non-conference schedule.

MarketingBully
02-27-2018, 09:00 PM

Agreed. The refs allowed Tennessee to dictate that game and we didn’t recover. Got to fight through bad officiating but that is part of the maturation process.

Red Sox Dawg
02-27-2018, 09:01 PM
I think we have a chance if we make it to the finals, that’s 3 more wins, but it may take winning it

HoopsDawg
02-27-2018, 09:03 PM
At this point, we'll need to win the SECT. Can't overcome that putrid non-conference schedule.

this is correct. NCAAT dream is over.

RougeDawg
02-27-2018, 09:04 PM

So can you please defend the other teams currently in the tourney with worse non conference schedules than us and playing in worse leagues. The announcers talked about it early in the game.

LC Dawg
02-27-2018, 09:05 PM
At this point I just want to see how we respond Saturday. If we bounce back and win at LSU I?ll be very happy even if we have to settle for the NIT. It will signal growth of our team and those of us with reason know next year is going to be a very good year.

Esac44
02-27-2018, 09:05 PM
This team needs the NIT to play more basketball. The NCAA and they'd be a one and done.

tcdog70
02-27-2018, 09:06 PM

Take a 17ing breath. The truth is TN was the best team tonight. Ours bigs and Peters has a shitty night. They made like 9 shots in a row. They were shooting over 70% in the second half. Let's go beat LSU

msstate7
02-27-2018, 09:09 PM
Do we have to beat LSU to get NIT? If we lose that game, our rpi is most likely upper 70s

Cooterpoot
02-27-2018, 09:10 PM
If not for the women, this sports year would be pathetic.

BuckyIsAB****
Take a 17ing breath. The truth is TN was the best team tonight. Ours bigs and Peters has a shitty night. They made like 9 shots in a row. They were shooting over 70% in the second half. Let's go beat LSU

Yeah I agree. This team got cheated twice and got back up. This one wont put us down.

@ LSU will be tough tho. I think we win it they dont have what UT does in their frontcourt

HoopsDawg
Do we have to beat LSU to get NIT? If we lose that game, our rpi is most likely upper 70s

actually a good question. If we lose to LSU and go one and done, we might miss the NIT.

msstate7
02-27-2018, 09:12 PM
actually a good question. If we lose to LSU and go one and done, we might miss the NIT.

That would be a total kick in the nuts

BuckyIsAB****

9-4 in football is pathetic? 21-9 in mens is pathetic?

I'd like to see what a decent year is then. The Egg Bowl was a fluke if thats why youre saying that...I aint even tripping over that one anymore. They know what happened.

We are 2x the program they are right now and they know it. Thus the whole #MississippiMade push

Bothrops
We couldn't beat Tennessee if we played 'em 8 times this year. Gonna be tough to regroup after that beat down. I hope Howland has the formula.

MarketingBully
02-27-2018, 09:17 PM

Is this a joke question? We are solidly in the NIT at this moment no matter what happens but continue with your negative rant.

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2018, 09:21 PM

A 9 wn football team at MSU is not pathetic

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 09:22 PM
everyone needs to calm down. I'm pretty sure every team in the SEC except Kentucky** and Auburn have been taken out behind the woodshed at least once this year.

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2018, 09:23 PM

That is certainly not out of the question.

Coach34
02-27-2018, 09:24 PM
We beat LSU and we put ourselves back in the conversation with a big SEC Tourney. Tough loss tonight no doubt

Coach34
02-27-2018, 09:25 PM
That is certainly not out of the question.

Not a chance- we are a lock for the NIT

Ari Gold
02-27-2018, 09:26 PM
Everyone clam the **** down..
It was an ass whipping it happens. Tenn is very ****ing good and solid 3 seed coming tourney time.
Beat LSU and get a couple of wins in the SECT and let’s see what happens.

MarketingBully
02-27-2018, 09:26 PM
everyone needs to calm down. I'm pretty sure every team in the SEC except Tennessee and Auburn have been taken out behind the woodshed at least once this year.

Tennessee is going to win this ****ing league!!!!! We were 18-2 in the Hump. We will make the NIT if we don’t make the NCAA tournament. We are currently 21-9 and 9-8 in the SEC and these asshats are talking like this team sucks and has a below .500 record. I guess we prefer the days when no one gave a shit and we had Rick Ray. Me, I say the future is bright and looking great! If we don’t make the tournament this year, we will definitely make it next year guaranteed.

MarketingBully
02-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Not a chance- we are a lock for the NIT

Exactly.

LC Dawg
02-27-2018, 09:28 PM
9-4 in football is pathetic? 21-9 in mens is pathetic?

I'd like to see what a decent year is then. The Egg Bowl was a fluke if thats why youre saying that...I aint even tripping over that one anymore. They know what happened.

We are 2x the program they are right now and they know it. Thus the whole #MississippiMade push
I agree. I?ll admit the Egg Bowl loss still gets to me but luckily I don?t associate with any of that fan base and as you said they know how they won. The fact is that we cared about football in late November, we cared about men?s basketball in late February and our women?s basketball is undefeated and ranked #2.

bluelightstar
02-27-2018, 09:29 PM
Tennessee is going to win this ****ing league!!!!! We were 18-2 in the Hump. We will make the NIT if we don’t make the NCAA tournament. We are currently 21-9 and 9-8 in the SEC and these asshats are talking like this team sucks and has a below .500 record. I guess we prefer the days when no one gave a shit and we had Rick Ray. Me, I say the future is bright and looking great! If we don’t make the tournament this year, we will definitely make it next year guaranteed.

And UT -- as good as they are -- got absolutely demolished by a mediocre, at best, Alabama team. Bad nights happen in this league.

BuckyIsAB****
02-27-2018, 09:35 PM
I agree. I?ll admit the Egg Bowl loss still gets to me but luckily I don?t associate with any of that fan base and as you said they know how they won. The fact is that we cared about football in late November, we cared about men?s basketball in late February and our women?s basketball is undefeated and ranked #2.

I associate with a lot of them and none of them have talked nearly as much as they did in 15.

Dey know

Red Sox Dawg
02-27-2018, 09:39 PM
I think we have an outside shot if we beat LSU and make it to the tourney finals. Man I am looking forward to next year’s team. Perry, Woodard, and Jethro should help us big time and DJ will add another legit scorer. Add that to the experience coming back and we should be really improved next year.

Turfdawg67
02-27-2018, 09:41 PM
We beat LSU and we put ourselves back in the conversation with a big SEC Tourney. Tough loss tonight no doubt

https://s10.postimg.org/areihxdux/2_A331879-81_DF-4_C30-_ADDF-66_DECA9_C466_A.jpg

So I take it we won’t see any Q bashing or Peters worship tomorrow?!?

Turfdawg67
02-27-2018, 09:44 PM
****ing well ****ing said Ari! ****ing great ****ing post!

msstate7
02-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Anyone think ado may have gotten a concussion on the grant Williams flagrant? Ado was just awful after that play.

BuckyIsAB****
02-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Anyone think ado may have gotten a concussion on the grant Williams flagrant? Ado was just awful after that play.

He couldnt catch before than nor after.

He learned tonight

Coach34
02-27-2018, 09:55 PM
https://s10.postimg.org/areihxdux/2_A331879-81_DF-4_C30-_ADDF-66_DECA9_C466_A.jpg

Q scored well- did you see the asswhoppin he got defensively? Wow

BeardoMSU
02-27-2018, 09:56 PM
He learned tonight

https://memecrunch.com/meme/BSAVH/you-gon-learn-today/image.gif?w=499&c=1

msstate7
02-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Ark is destroying auburn in the paint. Auburn run is over. They will not even come close to the sweet 16

parabrave
02-27-2018, 10:27 PM
I hope that Ado has G williams build next year/ Our boys just looked like a bunch of 9th graders compared to the Tenn players.

Turfdawg67
02-27-2018, 10:45 PM

Okay... so maybe not the Peters praise. The crapper to either is I love them both!

tcdog70
02-27-2018, 10:58 PM

I saw asswhoppin by several. Why pick on him? Cause that's what you do. Beat a dead horse much? Wonder why both announcers said Q was our best player, dumbasses, should have checked with you.

MarketingBully
02-27-2018, 11:18 PM

Did you see Nick Weatherspoon get racked by Grant Williams and not a call was heard by any ref....oh yeah, they stopped the action when we got the ball back to help Nick off the floor. And I love this zinger by Don Daily the ref to Lamar Peters:

https://twitter.com/scoutstever/status/968646537105563649

Dawgcap
02-27-2018, 11:45 PM
Was at the game and what I felt was we came into the 2 nd half was we were beat. Look I don’t agree with the calls in the first half I felt our guys let that dictate our play to start the 2nd. I may be wrong but I felt by the 2-3 possession we were beat. That’s a team to young to handle adversity. By the time Howland tried to stop it it was too late. Was at the game and I knew 2 minutes in it was gonna get ugly