PDA

View Full Version : Game Tonight

stalkingpoon
02-27-2018, 09:26 AM
I haven't been pumped up for a MBK game in a lonnnggggggg time. Tonight can't get here fast enough. It's taken a while but men's basketball is finally fun again!

Cloak
02-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Hoping the Hump is humpin'. Saw that we are a 1 point favorite.

Bulldog1
02-27-2018, 09:30 AM
I’m ready! Hope the Hump is rocking tonight! This is our biggest game in a LONG time.

msudawglb
02-27-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm more worried that our team will start out tight. They really haven't had a game this big and if the crowd is big that will be somewhat new for them too. Meanwhile, TN knows they are already dancing and should be fairly loose.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Officially the play-in game in the tourney isn?t for a couple of weeks, but to me I?m looking at the next 2-3 games as play-in games for us. Win the next 3 and we keep playing in the tourney.

HoopsDawg
02-27-2018, 11:15 AM
If we lose, we will have to win the SECT to get in.

msstate7
02-27-2018, 11:16 AM

Maybe. If we lose, we need to play and beat auburn in sec tourney

Cloak
02-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Athletic Department is really pushing for attendance. 4 seperate emails so far today to my student account, first 1500 students get free t-shirts

msbulldog
02-27-2018, 11:43 AM
HAIL STATE!! GO DAWGS!!

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Athletic Department is really pushing for attendance. 4 seperate emails so far today to my student account, first 1500 students get free t-shirts

This game “could” be the game that awakens the Hump again and gets it back to its old self again. If we win this game and get into the tourney I predict we will look back at this game and say it’s the one that put us over the hump. (No pun intended). Win this one and lose to LSU and miss the tourney we’re still stuck where we are begging folks to come to the game. Huge game tonight for our athletic department.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Polk say that a big crowd puts too much pressure on these young kids. **

RougeDawg
02-27-2018, 01:34 PM
I'm more worried that our team will start out tight. They really haven't had a game this big and if the crowd is big that will be somewhat new for them too. Meanwhile, TN knows they are already dancing and should be fairly loose.

I think we will be fine. We seem to come out tight on weekend games we play earlier in the day. The later games we seem to be more awake and active. Maybe I?m wrong, but I think we?ll be ready.

Anyone know if we are doing Sr stuff after the game like the ladies? If we get emotional before the game... oh wait we don?t have any senior starters. So we should be fine.

MCsMGs
02-27-2018, 01:56 PM
This game “could” be the game that awakens the Hump again and gets it back to its old self again. If we win this game and get into the tourney I predict we will look back at this game and say it’s the one that put us over the hump. (No pun intended). Win this one and lose to LSU and miss the tourney we’re still stuck where we are begging folks to come to the game. Huge game tonight for our athletic department.

Saturday's game against USC will be that game if we win tonight.

Lord McBuckethead
02-27-2018, 02:01 PM

They should extend that to 5000. Students can sit in the blue hair seats after the first tv timeout spot.

Intramural All-American
02-27-2018, 02:03 PM
They should extend that to 5000. Students can sit in the blue hair seats after the first tv timeout spot.

There were 800 students at the game Saturday, I doubt we get 4000+ more tonight.

fishwater99
02-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Polk say that a big crowd puts too much pressure on these young kids. **

Worked out okay vs the Bears at Home..

thf24
02-27-2018, 03:08 PM

They can push all they want, I just hope they realize they've in large part created the attendance situation themselves and do something about it in the offseason.

BuckyIsAB****
02-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Win and nothing else matters

BuckyIsAB****
02-27-2018, 03:09 PM
But I will say this, they should absolutely move the students back to courtside and not behind the net

Ari Gold
02-27-2018, 03:30 PM

I disagree. This game will help will a few of those stupid factors like SOS , and prob RPI even with a loss.
Lose the next 2 Tho and I agree. It’s SECT champs or bust .

But I think we can pick up 2 maybe 3 quality wins on a neutral site in the tourney , still lose in the finals and it be enough if we lose tonight and win @ LSU

@LSU is a quality win if we can get the job done there ..

It’s a must we go 1-1 to have any shot without having to win the SECT.

HoopsDawg
02-27-2018, 03:44 PM
I disagree. This game will help will a few of those stupid factors like SOS , and prob RPI even with a loss.
Lose the next 2 Tho and I agree. It’s SECT champs or bust .

But I think we can pick up 2 maybe 3 quality wins on a neutral site in the tourney , still lose in the finals and it be enough if we lose tonight and win @ LSU

It’s a must we go 1-1 to have any shot without having to win the SECT.

Hopefully we don’t have to find out who’s right.

Ari Gold
02-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Hopefully we don’t have to find out who’s right.

Agree even more with that. Just keep ****ing winning.

BrickCityDawgs
02-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Lose the next 2 Tho and I agree. It?s SECT champs or bust .

It?s a must we go 1-1 to have any shot without having to win the SECT.

According to WarrenNolan, a win will move the RPI up about 10 spots to around 50 and a loss will drop it 5-7 spots to 68. Not impossible to win at LSU and in the SEC tournament to get it close enough to make the NCAAs, but very difficult to gain 20-25 spots back. Will really depend on opponent obviously. To me, win the next two games to make the field and a couple of wins (maybe only one?) in St. Louis gets us out of Dayton.