PDA

View Full Version : Why was Ado held out?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-26-2018, 02:12 PM
I don't follow our basketball program as closely as our football or baseball programs. I know Ado was held out. I thought it was confirming a qualifying ACT score or transfer classes?

msbulldog
02-26-2018, 02:17 PM
I don't follow our basketball program as closely as our football or baseball programs. I know Ado was held out. I thought it was confirming a qualifying ACT score or transfer classes?

As far as I have read grade or class inconsistencies from his home country caused concerns by the NCAA clearing house.

msbulldog
02-26-2018, 02:19 PM
And hey I played basketball in Itta Bena's old gym in jr. hi at Riverside.

HoopsDawg
02-26-2018, 02:27 PM
academically ineligible due to transcript issues since he transferred from Nigeria to the States despite the fact that he had the highest GPA on the team. I think he had a 4.0 at the time of the appeal. That's the NCAA for you..no common sense. Ado is probably in the top 5% academically, yet the NCAA made him sit out a year for academics.

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 02:37 PM
NCAA always rules players coming from Nigeria ineligible at first. It's blatant racism on their part. Nothing can be done about it though apparently.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Maybe somebody at the NCAA fell for that Nigerian Prince Scam. ****

DanDority
02-26-2018, 05:15 PM
Mark my word the NCAA's days are numbered!

Coach34
02-26-2018, 06:01 PM

you may be right. College sports cant continue on the way they are currently

Bully13
02-26-2018, 06:06 PM
academically ineligible due to transcript issues since he transferred from Nigeria to the States despite the fact that he had the highest GPA on the team. I think he had a 4.0 at the time of the appeal. That's the NCAA for you..no common sense. Ado is probably in the top 5% academically, yet the NCAA made him sit out a year for academics.

so that 4.0 was from his Nigerian transcripts? and the NCAA was reluctant to deem them sufficient? guy seems very intelligent. I enjoyed that interview with that lady showing off his soccer skills. I'd be willing to bet he's killing it in the classroom.

bulldawg28
02-26-2018, 06:17 PM

I hope so.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2018, 06:18 PM
so that 4.0 was from his Nigerian transcripts? and the NCAA was reluctant to deem them sufficient? guy seems very intelligent. I enjoyed that interview with that lady showing off his soccer skills. I'd be willing to bet he's killing it in the classroom.

The 4.0 was from his first semester at MSU. The NCAA declared him ineligible for the entire season AFTER he had turned in a 4.0 1st semester.

Bully13
02-26-2018, 06:33 PM
The 4.0 was from his first semester at MSU. The NCAA declared him ineligible for the entire season AFTER he had turned in a 4.0 1st semester.

You're shitting me. No 17ing way. when did he actually come to the U.S.? anybody know?

msbulldog
02-26-2018, 07:11 PM
You're shitting me. No 17ing way. when did he actually come to the U.S.? anybody know?

He did at least 1 year of high school ball Tx I think.

RocketDawg
02-26-2018, 07:28 PM
NCAA always rules players coming from Nigeria ineligible at first. It's blatant racism on their part. Nothing can be done about it though apparently.

I'm not sure why that would be racism since virtually all the college basketball players are black, and they don't get automatically ruled ineligible. It would be more of an "America First" bias if anything. Maybe the Nigerian schools are subpar? I have no idea. But he seems to be pretty sharp, based on the interview they had with him a few days ago (when he played soccer with Brooke W.).

RocketDawg
02-26-2018, 07:29 PM

What'd they expect? A 5.0? **

MCsMGs
02-26-2018, 07:55 PM
He did at least 1 year of high school ball Tx I think.

Tennessee...graduated with honors.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2018, 08:12 PM

That's what happened. I belive the thing the NCAA didn't like was his 9th grade transcript from Nigeria. No joke.

MaroonFlounder
02-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Tennessee...graduated with honors.

Chattanooga area, I think it was

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure why that would be racism since virtually all the college basketball players are black, and they don't get automatically ruled ineligible. It would be more of an "America First" bias if anything. Maybe the Nigerian schools are subpar? I have no idea. But he seems to be pretty sharp, based on the interview they had with him a few days ago (when he played soccer with Brooke W.).

Alright they just hate Africa I guess

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-26-2018, 11:57 PM
The only reason I asked is that earlier today, I was finishing some paperwork up in my office and half listening to the noon show on 105.9 out of Jackson. The host had on Barrett Sallee and Barrett was asked about the FBI/college basketball situation and how this will effect tournament and the schools that are involved. Barrett said something like he's not sure what's going to happen but you've got schools like Michigan State, Arizona and Mississippi State that are playing their guys.

17 that prick.....throwing our name out there like we're one of the teams involved. That MF'er will say anything to make us look bad.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-27-2018, 12:02 AM
And hey I played basketball in Itta Bena's old gym in jr. hi at Riverside.

Riverside? I don't recall a Riverside. Only school in town that I remember was Leflore County. I'm thinking it was 1-12 grade.

msbulldog
02-27-2018, 07:46 AM
Riverside? I don't recall a Riverside. Only school in town that I remember was Leflore County. I'm thinking it was 1-12 grade.

HaHa, that's because I'm 3 days older than dirt, I'm talking about Riverside Jr. High playing Itta Bena Jr. High. That was probably in 1967 or 68. Riverside is in Avon Ms, about 20 miles south of Greenville. Riverside is where DJ Stewart, one of our 2018 BB signees plays. Sorry the way I wrote that comment was not clear.

Bully13
02-27-2018, 07:58 AM
The only reason I asked is that earlier today, I was finishing some paperwork up in my office and half listening to the noon show on 105.9 out of Jackson. The host had on Barrett Sallee and Barrett was asked about the FBI/college basketball situation and how this will effect tournament and the schools that are involved. Barrett said something like he's not sure what's going to happen but you've got schools like Michigan State, Arizona and Mississippi State that are playing their guys.

17 that prick.....throwing our name out there like we're one of the teams involved. That MF'er will say anything to make us look bad.

where does this out of control hatred for MSU come from this AU grad? did the radio host question the MSU reference? this shit takes the cake.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-27-2018, 08:49 AM
HaHa, that's because I'm 3 days older than dirt, I'm talking about Riverside Jr. High playing Itta Bena Jr. High. That was probably in 1967 or 68. Riverside is in Avon Ms, about 20 miles south of Greenville. Riverside is where DJ Stewart, one of our 2018 BB signees plays. Sorry the way I wrote that comment was not clear.

No problem, I get it now. Had little league practice behind LCHS ('79 & '80) but never got a chance to shoot ball in the gym.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-27-2018, 08:57 AM
where does this out of control hatred for MSU come from this AU grad? did the radio host question the MSU reference? this shit takes the cake.

No Idea where it comes from but I'm guessing it might be derived from his association with AU. I was walking out of the room as it was said and didn't hear if the host questioned the MSU reference or not.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Regarding Ado, I hate that he had to sit last year, but selfishly did the NCAA do us a favor by letting him basically redshirt and get a year under his belt by practicing with the team and maturing and getting stronger that year? Instead of getting thrown to the wolves last year when obviously he wasn?t ready as seeing it took the better part of this year to get acclimated to where he could actually contribute and make a difference?

This is one of the things I?m looking forward to next season. Getting some highly ranked guys in here and letting them get ready at their own pace before having to depend on them to make a difference.

ETA....17 Salley