PDA

View Full Version : And again I say, Lance Lynn sucks

Todd4State
10-04-2013, 04:12 PM
The guy that throws batting practice would have been an equal or better option. He sucks, (yes, I said it again) and he is one of the few attitude problems on the team.

They need to trade him. I don't even care if it's for an A ball player that is hitting .150.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-04-2013, 04:26 PM
What's the rotation, I would definitely put wacha or Kelly in his place

Todd4State
10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Joe Kelly is up next- he has pitched very well against the Pirates, vs. Francisco Liriano who has been even better against the Cardinals. Wacha will pitch game four against Charlie Morton. Then if there is a game five, it will probably be Wainwright again.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-04-2013, 04:34 PM
What happened to Shelby miller

Todd4State
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Matheny is being an idiot is what happened to Shelby Miller. He brought him out of the bullpen today. The reason Matheny started Lynn was because he pitched well in his last few starts- bear in mind this was after the Cardinals SECOND "this is your last chance" meeting with Lynn this season- and because Lynn has postseason experience. Granted, most of that experience involves getting completely shelled.

Lance Lynn is the kind of guy that will pitch well for a little while, and then during a game he will start to show up his teammates on the field or get lazy. So, then you have a come to Jesus talk with him and then he straightens up for a little while and then goes in the crapper. Rinse, repeat.

They should trade him anyway because I don't see how he fits into the future anyway- Wainwright just signed a big extension, and then Wacha and Miller are under club control longer and are better. Then Carlos Martinez should be ready for the rotation by next year. And finally they have some left handers to choose from in Gast and Garcia depending on who is the most healthy not to mention Joe Kelly.

Lynn has some trade value- they need to take advantage of it before his attitude issues get around MLB. Which it's probably too late for that now. The Cardinals need to find someone with a need for starting pitching that has a logjam at shortstop.