PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs vs Vols - Attendance

ReikInTheKnees
02-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Long time reader, first time poster. I was curious to see everyone's take on what the attendance will be tomorrow night considering it's the biggest game on the men's side of things in 6 or 7 years. I'm a grad student and have been to every home game this season and am to the point where I don't know what else this team can do to get a packed house. Thought the crowd Saturday ended up being decent, but was pretty chapped all things considered that we've got a bubble team who's won 7 of their last 9 fighting their asses off for postseason play and we can't get a full crowd at 2:30 on a Saturday with great weather. Thoughts?

Ari Gold
02-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Long time reader, first time poster. I was curious to see everyone's take on what the attendance will be tomorrow night considering it's the biggest game on the men's side of things in 6 or 7 years. I'm a grad student and have been to every home game this season and am to the point where I don't know what else this team can do to get a packed house. Thought the crowd Saturday ended up being decent, but was pretty chapped all things considered that we've got a bubble team who's won 7 of their last 9 fighting their asses off for postseason play and we can't get a full crowd at 2:30 on a Saturday with great weather. Thoughts?

Welcome to the party pal..

bigplayslay
02-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Even though it’s a 6 o’clock game tomorrow I really hope people find a way there. It’s the biggest game for the men in about 8 years or so. If you can find a way to come, be there and let’s get this dub!

TXDawg
02-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Announced (paid) - 8,800

Actual (butts in seats) - 6,800

BrunswickDawg
02-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the party pal..

https://media.giphy.com/media/fY4AWE5NkNRhS/giphy.gif

BulldogDX55
02-26-2018, 11:19 AM

I love your user name.

ReikInTheKnees
02-26-2018, 11:22 AM
I love your user name.

Appreciate it. I thought about several others and this one hit me and I've never made an easier decision in my life

mstatefan91
02-26-2018, 11:55 AM
I love your user name.

2nded

It's gonna take folks getting over Stansbury.. plain and simple.. I think an NCAA tournament appearance does that

RougeDawg
02-26-2018, 01:14 PM
2nded

It's gonna take folks getting over Stansbury.. plain and simple.. I think an NCAA tournament appearance does that

No. No it?s has nothing to do with Stan?s. It has everything to do with the product on the court over the last 7-10 years. Stand started the downward trend and Rick Ray took the nose dive ever farther. The RR experience soured the mouths of just about all MSU alumni and basketball fans. He was absolutely atrocious and in way over his head. We sucked ass for about 4-5 straight years and we?re not competitive. What sane person is going to take off of work early, mid week to make the 4 hour drive to Starkville to watch a shot team play? Winning is the driving factor in buts in the seats. If the women?s attendance doesn?t explain this, you?ll never understand it.

mstatefan91
02-26-2018, 01:18 PM
No. No it?s has nothing to do with Stan?s. It has everything to do with the product on the court over the last 7-10 years. Stand started the downward trend and Rick Ray took the nose dive ever farther. The RR experience soured the mouths of just about all MSU alumni and basketball fans. He was absolutely atrocious and in way over his head. We sucked ass for about 4-5 straight years and we?re not competitive. What sane person is going to take off of work early, mid week to make the 4 hour drive to Starkville to watch a shot team play? Winning is the driving factor in buts in the seats. If the women?s attendance doesn?t explain this, you?ll never understand it.

Take a chill pill.. Nobody was coming at you aggressively.. I agree that what you said is a big part of it.. go drink a beer or smoke a cig or something.

Edit: Stans was the last time we won.. it is not ridiculous to SAY that people are still hung up on that.. it is ridiculous that they are still hung up on it though..

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 02:58 PM

Ok love the username bud. Here's the simple truth. The athletic department is still selling season tickets like it's 1998 and there is a stalemate going on with a big portion of season ticket holders right now. In my opinion after this season the Hump needs to build a club level type area opposite the tv camera for all the season ticket holders to go. This is the ONLY section in the entire Hump that needs to be reserved seating and it needs to be made into a closed off type of area like you see at the football stadium. That way when people don't come that are season ticket holders it won' be noticed at all. The rest of the hump needs to be general admission only or seasonal tickets like UT does. It's a one time fee of $99 getting you a ticket to every home game and you get to pick your seat online. The corporate season tickets need to be totally scrapped and the student sections need to be moved to only lower level and reduced in total size but given a better seat in the house. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done this season about all the season tickets that were sold beyond allowing people to move down and occupy those seats ten minutes after tipoff.

It_Could_Happen
02-26-2018, 04:03 PM
part of your problem is the damn Student Association on campus scheduled an interest meeting for tuesday during the middle of the game. Things like that don't seem like a lot, but if the entire student body would get behind the team, i feel like a lot of the alumni would follow suit. I expect a much better student section that what was there on saturday.

Bulldog1
02-26-2018, 04:25 PM
They need to move the student section behind the benches, or better yet- the first 5 or 6 rows all the way around the court (I believe this is what Duke does). And then move season ticket holders off the TV angle.

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 04:41 PM
They need to move the student section behind the benches, or better yet- the first 5 or 6 rows all the way around the court (I believe this is what Duke does). And then move season ticket holders off the TV angle.

Duke is a basketball school. They have built that reputation for 40 years straight now. First 5 or 6 rows all the way around would be awesome some games and terrible during most of the games. I do like your idea to give students the best seats but it can't be that many seats or we are at the mercy of them showing up and they have proven to not show up to all the games.

Bulldog1
02-26-2018, 04:50 PM
I really don’t care who we move where, as long as the seats are full. If the season tickets aren’t used, take away some BDC points or something.

ScoobaDawg
02-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Ok love the username bud. Here's the simple truth. The athletic department is still selling season tickets like it's 1998 and there is a stalemate going on with a big portion of season ticket holders right now. In my opinion after this season the Hump needs to build a club level type area opposite the tv camera for all the season ticket holders to go. This is the ONLY section in the entire Hump that needs to be reserved seating and it needs to be made into a closed off type of area like you see at the football stadium. That way when people don't come that are season ticket holders it won' be noticed at all. The rest of the hump needs to be general admission only or seasonal tickets like UT does. It's a one time fee of $99 getting you a ticket to every home game and you get to pick your seat online. The corporate season tickets need to be totally scrapped and the student sections need to be moved to only lower level and reduced in total size but given a better seat in the house. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done this season about all the season tickets that were sold beyond allowing people to move down and occupy those seats ten minutes after tipoff.

Just no.. no...no.. we ain't building a club level for "all the season ticket holders" which I would guess is around 5-6k. The best you can hope for is some suites for the corporate boys..and thats been talking about in the past.
But most of.. what you said about UT is wrong wrong wrong. you dont sell all your tickets at that $99 package, they set aside a SMALL amount that is either returned tickets or unsold for that $99 package.
Just stop with your idea that any university is going to scrap the traditional $$$ bulldog club donation + season ticket price for a $99 "season pass ticket"

ScoobaDawg
02-26-2018, 05:35 PM
part of your problem is the damn Student Association on campus scheduled an interest meeting for tuesday during the middle of the game. Things like that don't seem like a lot, but if the entire student body would get behind the team, i feel like a lot of the alumni would follow suit. I expect a much better student section that what was there on saturday.

Just keep winning..and they will come... next year. We aren't even ranked this year. As much as we all are excited about the team and the potential ncaa ticket, That doesn't get the casual student coming to games it seems.

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Just no.. no...no.. we ain't building a club level for "all the season ticket holders" which I would guess is around 5-6k. The best you can hope for is some suites for the corporate boys..and thats been talking about in the past.
But most of.. what you said about UT is wrong wrong wrong. you dont sell all your tickets at that $99 package, they set aside a SMALL amount that is either returned tickets or unsold for that $99 package.
Just stop with your idea that any university is going to scrap the traditional $$$ bulldog club donation + season ticket price for a $99 "season pass ticket"

Something has to change Scooba. Basketball team is fed up with it just look at their twitter today to see.

the59dawg
02-26-2018, 06:17 PM
I really don?t care who we move where, as long as the seats are full. If the season tickets aren?t used, take away some BDC points or something.

And because tickets are scanned in upon entry to the Hhump, the admin knows exactly whose seats are not being used for each game and therefore the year. Send letter to each nxt yr in advance and tell them USE 'em or LOSE 'em.

Bully13
02-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Something has to change Scooba. Basketball team is fed up with it just look at their twitter today to see.

what are they saying 61? can you post some examples?

Bully13
02-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Oh, and I'm not getting new dude's handle. musta missed something. can someone splain it to me? must be pretty good considering all the love, for some reason, I ain't getting it .

ScoobaDawg
02-26-2018, 06:50 PM

I agree...but what it it.. im not sure.. look at this pic from saturday.. thats a pitful crowd from the students, thats their sections not full in the upper deck

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW-_Uc7U8AAWQHl.jpg

RocketDawg
02-26-2018, 07:12 PM
I agree...but what it it.. im not sure.. look at this pic from saturday.. thats a pitful crowd from the students, thats their sections not full in the upper deck

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW-_Uc7U8AAWQHl.jpg

Looks like a lot of folks moved down from the upper reaches to the empty seats in the lower level. There were a lot of empties early on. Maybe some that moved were students.

RocketDawg
02-26-2018, 07:16 PM
Oh, and I'm not getting new dude's handle. musta missed something. can someone splain it to me? must be pretty good considering all the love, for some reason, I ain't getting it .

I was wondering the same thing. It's vague in my mind, but I think I read a few days ago where somebody mentioned Reik as being one of our players at one time. As I said ... very vague.

BulldogDX55
02-26-2018, 07:33 PM

John Reik. 7'2" Stans signee. Was a five star but tore both ACLs. Ran like a damn baby giraffe the few times he saw the floor. Pronounced like weak.

MCsMGs
02-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Looks like a lot of folks moved down from the upper reaches to the empty seats in the lower level. There were a lot of empties early on. Maybe some that moved were students.

I can see me in that pic and all my seats are full...LOL!

All kidding aside, Saturday was the loudest I have heard the Hump in many years and I hope we can do it again tomorrow night.

Howboutdemdogs
02-26-2018, 08:05 PM
We will be there,,,, as I said before...... it is the product on the floor and BH & JC has to sell the program big time in the off season. BH has to sell himself to the fans and let everyone get to know him.

Dawg61
02-26-2018, 08:53 PM
what are they saying 61? can you post some examples?

https://twitter.com/HailStateMBK/status/968148062915977216

Pit Bull
02-27-2018, 03:23 AM

..........8,000 tonight. And I have one to two tickets available in the lower section I can't seem to sell.....and will likely go unused at game time. $20 per seat ain't bad for lower seats, but doesn't seem to be any interest in them.

MCsMGs
02-27-2018, 07:18 AM
..........8,000 tonight. And I have one to two tickets available in the lower section I can't seem to sell.....and will likely go unused at game time. $20 per seat ain't bad for lower seats, but doesn't seem to be any interest in them.

If you're going to the game, go to the ticket office area and sell them there or give them away. Someone is always there doing that...

Dawg61
02-27-2018, 09:03 AM

Get on twitter and follow the thread #hailstatetix they have people exchanging tickets just like yourself on there with video instructions on how to do it

ReikInTheKnees
02-27-2018, 10:07 AM
John Reik. 7?2? Stans signee. Was a five star but tore both ACLs. Ran like a damn baby giraffe the few times he saw the floor. Pronounced like weak.

Hit the nail on the head.

Also, I think the most tired excuse about attendance at this point is just keep winning. I understand that we've had an abysmal past 7 years, but these guys are competitive, talented, and fun to watch. Not to mention we're 21-8 (9-7) in the most competitive league in the country so winning is not an excuse any more. I'm right behind y'all with the fact that the students need to be better. Not all of them had the childhood I did where we were great in basketball, very competitive in baseball most years, and just flat had no chance with the pigskin. It's gonna take a group effort and this is a huge W the dawgs are about to get tonight!