PDA

View Full Version : I hope Eli Wright stays.

Thick
02-25-2018, 10:20 AM
He plays good defense, can rebound with the bigs (very sneaky hops), not a bad shooter, and can finish around the rim. Can do some things that the others cannot. Feel free to roast my lilly white ass!

Bully13
02-25-2018, 10:33 AM
what he did yesterday was awesome beyond belief. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. would definitely like him to stay.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 10:37 AM
I hope it ain't Eli, actually I hope it isn't anybody, but somebody is going to have to go, We have 1 more coming in next year than we have scholarships for.

BeastMan
02-25-2018, 10:39 AM
I wasn’t with you weeks back but I am now. He’s played really well and is grinding out a role on the team. Somebody has to get processed and I hope it’s Datcher or X.

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Me too. Just don't see how we get him and Carter and DJ Stewart minutes next year. I'm sure Wright isn't thrilled with the minutes he's getting now. Do you cut Carter's minutes for Wright? Even if you wanted them all to stay, someone has to go based on the available scholarships. I certainly hope Lamar doesn't leave early, so it'll have to be Wright or Carter. With Carter being a hometown legacy...

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Someone just needs to pay for school next year and MSU can give them some juicy jumbos on the low low

Red Sox Dawg
02-25-2018, 10:51 AM
X has my vote as does Datcher

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2018, 10:52 AM
I wasn’t with you weeks back but I am now. He’s played really well and is grinding out a role on the team. Somebody has to get processed and I hope it’s Datcher or X.

Could X be a grad transfer? If so, that seems like the best option to me.

boot
02-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Cut X and Carter’s minutes and give them to Eli. Eli attacks the rim way more than those two. Datcher will probably be the one transferring if I had to guess.

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Would have to think if X leaves its because he will be a grad transfer. Don’t see him leaving to have to sit another year
I having a feeling one if not both of Datcher / Eli are gone unless we have some others leave. Lamar still worries me. Lots of cash can be made overseas.

BeastMan
02-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Could X be a grad transfer? If so, that seems like the best option to me.

I have no idea what his academics look like but it could be

BeastMan
02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Would have to think if X leaves its because he will be a grad transfer. Don’t see him leaving to have to sit another year
I having a feeling one if not both of Datcher / Eli are gone unless we have some others leave. Lamar still worries me. Lots of cash can be made overseas.

With you on everything in this post

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Cut X and Carter’s minutes and give them to Eli. Eli attacks the rim way more than those two. Datcher will probably be the one transferring if I had to guess.

You cant cut Carters minutes if he is scoring. He is most consistent outside threat , and Eli can’t defend the 4

Coach34
02-25-2018, 11:08 AM
Peters is my worry. He will certainly get bad advice about coming out for that green. He needs the structure of college for one more season as he develops a consistent 12 foot jumper plus more consistent from 3. Hopefully he will listen to the right people and not come out.

Covercorner2
02-25-2018, 11:08 AM
He plays good defense, can rebound with the bigs (very sneaky hops), not a bad shooter, and can finish around the rim. Can do some things that the others cannot. Feel free to roast my lilly white ass!

Just process Datcher. End of story.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 11:14 AM

That makes the most sense.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 11:18 AM
Peters is my worry. He will certainly get bad advice about coming out for that green. He needs the structure of college for one more season as he develops a consistent 12 foot jumper plus more consistent from 3. Hopefully he will listen to the right people and not come out.

Not worried about Lamar right now. Things could change but he understands he needs a full season of play like his last 8-10 games.

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2018, 11:19 AM

I don't think it's that simple. You would have Carter, Wright, Stewart, X and Woodard all playing for backup minutes at the 2 and 3 with maybe X and Woodard able to give single digit minutes at the 4 if Holman and Perry are both in foul trouble. No way you can keep everyone happy. I would rather have Datcher as an emergency 3rd 5 behind Ado and Jerhro than eight guys playing 1-3.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 11:22 AM
I don't think it's that simple. You would have Carter, Wright, Stewart, X and Woodard all playing for backup minutes at the 2 and 3 with maybe X and Woodard able to give single digit minutes at the 4 if Holman and Perry are both in foul trouble. No way you can keep everyone happy. I would rather have Datcher as an emergency 3rd 5 behind Ado and Jerhro than eight guys playing 1-3.

Same way I feel. Tough spot but it has to be Xay as a grad transfer or Eli leaving.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Stewart, Woodard and Feazell should be red-shirted.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Stewart, Woodard and Frezell (sp?) should be red-shirted.

Woodard shouldn't

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Same way I feel. Tough spot but it has to be Xay as a grad transfer or Eli leaving.

Or X can just pay for his last year of school and MSU drops off a big box of juicy jumbos like I have been saying for a month now. It's not that difficult. MSU is dirt cheap. One year of juicy jumbos ain't hurting. Redshirt like 3 dudes too.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Or X can just pay for his last year of school and MSU drops off a big box of juicy jumbos like I have been saying for a month now. It's not that difficult. MSU is dirt cheap. One year of juicy jumbos ain't hurting. Redshirt like 3 dudes too.

Keep saying this isn't going to make it happen. None of these kids are going to give up their scholarship.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 11:31 AM
I don't like to argue with you pnut, you are quite knowledgeable. Red-shirting is the answer of lack of minutes that we need to use.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 11:35 AM
I don't like to argue with you pnut, you are quite knowledgeable. Red-shirting is the answer of lack of minutes that we need to use.

There's only 2 possible guys who I see could RS. DJ Stewart, we're deep at guard & he can put on some weight. Feazell his minutes are going to be non existent with Holman & Perry at the 4. RS him & in 2019-2020 he & Perry get the 4 minutes. Woodard is going to find minutes somewhere. Maybe not a ton but he's going to find the floor some.

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Keep saying this isn't going to make it happen. None of these kids are going to give up their scholarship.

I would if I got a box of jumbos equal if not more than what that scholarship costs, just paperwork here not actual money lost

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 11:53 AM
50 schools implicated by the FBI, $100,000 offered to Ayton and MSU can't get creative on how to pay for 1 basketball scholarship next year? Like really? I will say it in plain english. Play the ****ing game MSU. Handing someone a shit load of jumbos just so they'll say they are paying their own way for one year hurts nobody. We have a chance to have a very very strong team and Xavian can help us a lot. With all these schools worried about the FBI shit we might even sneak in and get a final four next year. Do NOT push Stapleton, Datcher or Eli out the door.

whosyourdawgy
02-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Stewart, Woodard and Feazell should be red-shirted.

You think Stewart and Woodard are coming here to redshirt? Hell no. Redshirting in college basketball is a pretty rare thing these days. And high 4 stars aren?t signing anywhere to sit

whosyourdawgy
02-25-2018, 12:14 PM
There's only 2 possible guys who I see could RS. DJ Stewart, we're deep at guard & he can put on some weight. Feazell his minutes are going to be non existent with Holman & Perry at the 4. RS him & in 2019-2020 he & Perry get the 4 minutes. Woodard is going to find minutes somewhere. Maybe not a ton but he's going to find the floor some.

Feazell could benefit from a year on the weights and just another year to mature. Next season would be the ideal time for that to happen too. Good call there iyok. Don’t see DJ accepting a redshirt year. May do him some good but he didn’t sign to sit.

Bully13
02-25-2018, 12:14 PM
50 schools implicated by the FBI, $100,000 offered to Ayton and MSU can't get creative on how to pay for 1 basketball scholarship next year? Like really? I will say it in plain english. Play the ****ing game MSU. Handing someone a shit load of jumbos just so they'll say they are paying their own way for one year hurts nobody. We have a chance to have a very very strong team and Xavian can help us a lot. With all these schools worried about the FBI shit we might even sneak in and get a final four next year. Do NOT push Stapleton, Datcher or Eli out the door.

Is what you're suggesting a common practice throughout the country? Are there examples on other teams where players are "paying their own way"?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 12:23 PM
Feazell could benefit from a year on the weights and just another year to mature. Next season would be the ideal time for that to happen too. Good call there iyok. Don’t see DJ accepting a redshirt year. May do him some good but he didn’t sign to sit.

Oh I agree on DJ & most kids don't RS it just doesn't happen but he'd likely play less minutes than Feazell played this year.

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Stewart Redshirts. Unless we have more than expected leaving or we get hit with injury bug.

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Even in the fantasy land you are living in, there still isn't enough minutes to go around. You'd be wasting your box of juicy jumbos on a guy that might average 3 minutes a game.

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Even in the fantasy land you are living in, there still isn't enough minutes to go around. You'd be wasting your box of juicy jumbos on a guy that might average 3 minutes a game.

Stapleton averages more than 3 minutes a game. Not a waste of juicy jumbos.

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Is what you're suggesting a common practice throughout the country? Are there examples on other teams where players are "paying their own way"?

Varnado paid his own way his last year here and he's the all-time SEC blocks leader

Bully13
02-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Varnado paid his own way his last year here and he's the all-time SEC blocks leader

Forgot about that. Speaking of him, what's he up to these days?

maroonmania
02-25-2018, 12:51 PM

Seems to me if we bring in RPerry and the JUCO Center that Datcher becomes totally expendable. Heck, he's not getting much time right now without those 2 additional guys.

Madisonmd
02-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Seems to me if we bring in RPerry and the JUCO Center that Datcher becomes totally expendable. Heck, he's not getting much time right now without those 2 additional guys.

Looking to RS Feazell and Stewart next year. Attrition likely to come from Wright and/or X.Woodard should cut into X minutes. JC center 10-12 min/game. Perry at 4. Datcher will stay, comfortable with his role.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2018, 12:59 PM

I'd rather have a 5th big than an 8th guard/wing.

Covercorner2
02-25-2018, 01:16 PM
I'd rather have a 5th big than an 8th guard/wing.

If Datcher leaves, we still have Ado, Holman, Jethro, Perry, and Feazell

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Stapleton averages more than 3 minutes a game. Not a waste of juicy jumbos.

I feel like Andy Dufrane...Are you being obtuse on purpose? Perry gets all the backup 4 minutes, Peters and the Weatherspoons get theirs, so you are splitting 20-30 backup minutes between X, Wright, Carter, Stewart and Woodard. Even if you redshirt Stewart, which seems unlikely, someone is getting cut out that would be expecting to play.

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 01:31 PM
I feel like Andy Dufrane...Are you being obtuse on purpose? Perry gets all the backup 4 minutes, Peters and the Weatherspoons get theirs, so you are splitting 20-30 backup minutes between X, Wright, Carter, Stewart and Woodard. Even if you redshirt Stewart, which seems unlikely, someone is getting cut out that would be expecting to play.

X and Eli deserve to be a part of the team next year. Period. Figure something else out besides cutting one of them.