PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA QB Commits

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Savannah Morning News Player of the Week http://savannahnow.com/sports/2013-09-30/player-week-versatile-fitzgerald-leads-richmond-hill#.Uk6689Kkobg Nick Fitzgerald and Richmond Hill (4-0, 1-0) will be hosting Groves High of Savannah (0-4, 0-1). As bad as I thought Richmond Hill would beat Glynn Academy (and they did), this could be a game in which Nick only plays the first half - and maybe just the first quarter. Groves is really, really bad. In 4 games, Groves has been shut out twice and scored a total of 15 in the other two games. Groves lost by 25 to a team 3 classifications lower than they are. Did I say they are bad?

In Groves defense, they have been the victim of economics, location and piss-poor rezoning by Chatham County School as they have opened new schools, and they are a school on a rapid decline. Population wise, what was a AAAAA school has lost half it's student body this year and should probably be A or AA. It killed the roster leaving only 32 players, only one of whom weighs more than 200 lbs. Hopefully the RH coach shows some mercy and lets the Freshman team play....

In light of this week's developments with Elijah Staley and the Wheeler Wildcats (2-3, 0-1), I'm not going to comment on the their game as they host the Roswell Hornets (2-3, 0-1).

I'll be on the road, and unlikely to update scores this weekend.
Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
10-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Nick and Richmond Hill won 41-6, but it reads like it wasn't his best game:

http://m.savannahnow.com/sports/2013-10-04/richmond-hill-rolls-past-groves-41-6

Hotdawg66
10-05-2013, 10:29 AM
This was a trap game for Richmond Hill. Coming off the big game with Glynn Academy and with their hated rival Effingham next week. Plus it was homecoming. Lot of distractions. After Nick took over the game last week the coach wanted to spread the ball around more and get other players more involved because we will need them down the road. Nick threw his first pick of the year. Coach called the same play 3 times in a row and they jumped it the third time. Our defense allowed Groves some long drives so we were only up 21-6 at the half. Nick played first series of third and was done for the night. While Nick was in the offence scored on 4 of 5 possessions. He had 8 carries for 69 yards. Was 2-5 passing with a pick. Had WR stop on a corner route to back of end zone that would have been a TD.