PDA

View Full Version : We are the most complete team in the SEC

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Yes, AU can beat anyone when they are hitting shots, especially at home, UT is good, etc., BUT top to bottom, we have what you want:

Guards galore

A stretch 4 that can shoot it and mix it up in the paint

A big man that gets better every game

Stapleton that can play a lot of positions AND provide a spark.

I don't think Datcher and/or Feazell even played today.

We are deep

We are arguably the best team in the SEC right now.

It's tough to find a weakness.

BuckyIsAB****
02-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Yes, AU can beat anyone when they are hitting shots, especially at home, UT is good, etc., BUT top to bottom, we have what you want:

Guards galore

We are deep

All true. But we do have a major tendency to make some stupid plays and struggle at the free throw line

BuckyIsAB****
02-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Well except today, we were pretty good at the line today

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 07:50 PM
All true. But we do have a major tendency to make some stupid plays and struggle at the free throw line

Did*

Peters made some clutch free throws today and we made plays when it counted. That's what good teams do.

calidawg
02-24-2018, 07:54 PM
We have the talent in place for a national title run next year. We need to make the NCAA tournament this year for experience.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:22 PM
If we are then the SEC is overrated. We are better than we have been impossibly a decade, but we aren't a complete team. We still really struggle when forced to break down a zone. I don't understand why we ever even see a man to man.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:26 PM
If we are then the SEC is overrated. We are better than we have been impossibly a decade, but we aren't a complete team. We still really struggle when forced to break down a zone. I don't understand why we ever even see a man to man.

More soccer. Less posts.

A&M zoned us ALOT and we dropped 93. We just played a team known for defense, played like shit, and still won.

I would explain it to you, but you also think you have to take a charge to send the other team to the foul line late. LOL.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:32 PM
More soccer. Less posts.

A&M zoned us ALOT and we dropped 93. We just played a team known for defense, played like shit, and still won.

I would explain it to you, but you also think you have to take a charge to send the other team to the foul line late. LOL.

A&M was very short handed due to suspensions. We have a good team, but if we are the most complete team in the SEC then the SEC is overrated. I've seen complete teams at MSU. This one isn't there, yet. The half court offense is just barely adequate. It's the glaring weakness. I never said you have to take a charge, but an Ole and grab in that situation is an intentional foul. Had it been called we lose. He ref did us a huge favor there, and he sucked overall.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:35 PM
A&M was very short handed due to suspensions. We have a good team, but if we are the most complete team in the SEC then the SEC is overrated. I've seen complete teams at MSU. This one isn't there, yet. The half court offense is just barely adequate. It's the glaring weakness.

A&M is in the SEC last time I checked? Which team in the SEC is more complete?

This isn't a post about the strength of the conference, btw.

Bully13
02-24-2018, 08:39 PM
A&M was very short handed due to suspensions. We have a good team, but if we are the most complete team in the SEC then the SEC is overrated. I've seen complete teams at MSU. This one isn't there, yet. The half court offense is just barely adequate. It's the glaring weakness. I never said you have to take a charge, but an Ole and grab in that situation is an intentional foul. Had it been called we lose. He ref did us a huge favor there, and he sucked overall.

for 17's sake Liver. seriously.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2018, 09:19 PM
This team has matured and are hitting on all cylinders. This team would?ve lost this game by double digits 7-8 weeks ago. We have come a long way. Credit Howland for staying the course and the players for working their butts off.

LC Dawg
02-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Our biggest weakness is that if Ado and Holman have foul trouble and we have to play Datcher extended minutes.
What impresses me about this team is that we don?t count on the same one or two guys every night. Peters is obviously the guy that makes us go but today we got 13 points off the bench from Carter and we don?t win today without Eli Wright.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Our biggest weakness is that if Ado and Holman have foul trouble and we have to play Datcher extended minutes.
What impresses me about this team is that we don?t count on the same one or two guys every night. Peters is obviously the guy that makes us go but today we got 13 points off the bench from Carter and we don?t win today without Eli Wright.

Exactly, but what other teams have big men off the bench they can count on? Not many. And if they do, they probably don't have our guard depth also.

FanninDawg
02-24-2018, 09:39 PM
You’re killing it today. You must feel great!

justwin
02-24-2018, 10:43 PM
Here's the thing....elite & tourney college basketball comes down to guards and we have 2 elite guards in peters and lil spoon who taking over. They are our horses

Big4Dawg
02-24-2018, 11:06 PM

This isn’t true. We just play X at the 4

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Here's the thing....elite & tourney college basketball comes down to guards and we have 2 elite guards in peters and lil spoon who taking over. They are our horses

Exactly. See: guards galore.

We have 5 good ones.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 11:59 PM
You’re killing it today. You must feel great!

Actually I do, we won. So did Liverpool! Great day!

KB21
02-25-2018, 12:14 AM
The biggest thing about this season is that Ben Howland is getting to the point that he has coached almost all of the AAU habits out of these players. I was chatting with a guy who is a big Pitt fan on twitter the other day, and he is a big fan of Howland. He made the comment to me that Ben isn't for everyone. Ben has recruited at a high level during his three years at Mississippi State, and as a result, he has taken on a lot of what I call AAU brats. Some of them simply haven't stayed the course. They transferred out instead of losing their habits. The ones that have stayed have become better basketball players.

Lamar Peters may have been the toughest nut to crack, but it at least appears that Howland has reached him and is started to get his potential out of him.

Dawgcap
02-25-2018, 12:34 AM
This team has matured and are hitting on all cylinders. This team would?ve lost this game by double digits 7-8 weeks ago. We have come a long way. Credit Howland for staying the course and the players for working their butts off.

Totally agree! Love what I’m seeing! We have to continue to battle through the adversities. So far so good.

Johnson85
02-25-2018, 09:25 AM

Guards galore

We are deep

We don't have a go to scorer or a consistent pure shooter. Maybe carter could fill in some as the latter. But we largely have streak shooters and then if things aren't going well, we don't have a go to guy that can put the team on their back. We're still a very dangerous team.

Covercorner2
02-25-2018, 09:34 AM
We don't have a go to scorer or a consistent pure shooter. Maybe carter could fill in some as the latter. But we largely have streak shooters and then if things aren't going well, we don't have a go to guy that can put the team on their back. We're still a very dangerous team.

Peters is becoming that guy who you want the ball in his hands late.

Q also has a history of being clutch.

Joe Schmedlap
02-25-2018, 09:37 AM
The weakness is mental.

QUOTE=Covercorner2;894027]Yes, AU can beat anyone when they are hitting shots, especially at home, UT is good, etc., BUT top to bottom, we have what you want:

Guards galore

We are deep

It's tough to find a weakness.[/QUOTE]

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Where are all the We Suck and Howland isn’t the guy posters now????
How ****ing stupid do you all feel.

Bulldog1
02-25-2018, 09:48 AM

You’re right, they didn’t play yesterday. I’m proud of our guys roughing it out and playing lots of minutes yesterday.
I agree with you on this post. We are, IMO, becoming the most consistent team in the league. We’ve won 7 of 9 with the 2 losses being screwed on the road. I’m proud of this team!