PDA

View Full Version : Leave Q on the bench

Apoplectic
02-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Too slow lazy and confident

msudawglb
02-24-2018, 05:12 PM

Yep. The only thing he has more than the others is experience.

vv83
02-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Post less

msudawglb
02-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Anyone who doesn’t agree should post less. Goodness, he has stunk it up.

Apoplectic
02-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Post less

You were saying

vv83
02-24-2018, 05:43 PM
You were saying

I was saying post less. Did you not see it the first time?

vv83
02-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Anyone who doesn’t agree should post less. Goodness, he has stunk it up.

13-7-3... yeah let’s bench him

lawdawg
02-24-2018, 05:47 PM

smootness
02-24-2018, 05:48 PM
I was saying post less. Did you not see it the first time?

This is one of my favorite posts ever.

Homedawg
While he isn't perfect, q that is, this thread shows the level of moronic among not one but many of our fans. Just damn stupid.

somebodyshotmypaw
Q had a big strip, a big rebound, and 2 big free throws at the end. Nobody can deny that.

BuckyIsAB****
02-24-2018, 05:49 PM
He made up for it at the end. I was bitching about him in the game thread too

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2018, 05:50 PM

You took a strong position... and started a new thread when the post should of been in the game thread. Im tempted to merge it but instead..you look like an IDIOT and I'm gonna let it stay so everyone can see it.

Apoplectic
Q had a big strip, a big rebound, and 2 big free throws at the end. Nobody can deny that.

And we win by ten if we had two nicks instead of one nick and one Q

Apoplectic
You took a strong position... and started a new thread when the post should of been in the game thread. Im tempted to merge it but instead..you look like an IDIOT and I'm gonna let it stay so everyone can see it.

Please edit it as needed snowflake

Jack Lambert
02-24-2018, 05:51 PM
With out Q there are several games we lose this season.

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2018, 05:51 PM
Please edit it as needed snowflake

Really? you are really making yourself looking even dumber and dumber.

Apoplectic
02-24-2018, 05:54 PM
Really? you are really making yourself looking even dumber and dumber.

Yawn it?s a 17n message board precious

Jack Lambert
02-24-2018, 05:57 PM

It's their message board.

msbulldog
02-24-2018, 06:00 PM

That deserves a rep, but it won't let me. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScoobaDawg again.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-24-2018, 06:01 PM
Ah, my favorite maneuver. Throw out an idiotic hot take, get called out for being a dumbass, then excuse your dumb take with the ole "it's just a message board, snowflake!!1!1!!"

vv83
02-24-2018, 06:09 PM

Maybe third time?s the charm? Post less

Apoplectic
02-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Maybe third time?s the charm? Post less

Ban me scoobasnowflake

Coach34
02-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Wouldnt hurt to play Wright a little more though- better defender

tireddawg
02-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Ban me scoobasnowflake

If you want to be banned, why even post?

AROB44
02-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Just to make sure I stay up with all the silly words you can call someone.....a snowflake is anyone that doesn't agree with you. Have I got that right?

Bothrops
02-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Q had 8 rebounds today, that's crucial. Thread should be removed.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 06:25 PM

What a dumbass

vv83
02-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Q had 8 rebounds today, that's crucial. Thread should be removed.

He only had 7 not 8 he should be benched***

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2018, 06:40 PM
Ban me scoobasnowflake

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67613183/your-wish-is-my-command.jpg

Come back by when football season starts...maybe

Acid mouth
02-24-2018, 06:40 PM
Q brings a lot to this team. He struggled finishing to the basket today but the others weren?t moving and Nick was on the bench. I don?t want the offensive to revolve around Q but he is an excellent role player. I do however have high expections for him in tournament play. He is the team leader and I expect him to play a huge role in the remaining games.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Q brings a lot to this team. He struggled finishing to the basket today but the others weren?t moving and Nick was on the bench. I don?t want the offensive to revolve around Q but he is an excellent role player. I do however have high expections for him in tournament play. He is the team leader and I expect him to play a huge role in the remaining games.

He also had AT LEAST one key steal and rebound in crunch time.

basedog
02-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Just to make sure I stay up with all the silly words you can call someone.....a snowflake is anyone that doesn't agree with you. Have I got that right?

Snowflakes melt and we have several, just go to a thread when they post every minute over and over, it's gotten really bad.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Geez. Tough crowd. Q played well. His off ball defense and rebounding were huge.

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 07:20 PM
Q is a steady offensive player for us, he's good at driving to the basket and getting to the line after being fouled, he's a good rebounder and he's good on the fast break and he has a calming presence for the rest of the team. He offers a lot more positives than negatives. Nobody that would replace him can offer near as much positives as he can and you risk disrupting the team and causing a lot of bad.

RougeDawg
02-24-2018, 07:20 PM
His boneheaded plays definitely had us in a tight spot. His turnovers led to at least 6-8 USC points but his strips, rebounds and FTs at the end were critical.

He has lazy streaks and makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. When he?s on we don?t lose, when he?s off like today we are now still winning. The true difference is we now have other guys who step up whenQ is off.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 07:26 PM
He is still to good to leave on the bench. Benching him for a few minutes when he really screws up, which is becoming way to common, would be benificial.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2018, 07:30 PM
We need Eli and Nick to be on the floor in late game situations.

Coach34
02-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Geez. Tough crowd. Q played well. His off ball defense and rebounding were huge.

His 6 turnovers, defensive lapses, and getting his shot swatted damn near got us beat also. Wright deserves a little more time

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 07:40 PM
We need Eli and Nick to be on the floor in late game situations.

No

Just because Eli made tough, contested fast break lay- ups does not mean you want the ball in his hands late. Do you even realize that Q being clutch is arguably the best part of his game?

When has Eli hit a tough jumper?

Not sure your name fits, tbh

SailingDawg
02-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Q didn't give up the three at the end of the game, though.

Coach34
02-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Q didn't give up the three at the end of the game, though.

well- yeah he did. When Peters fell- it was up to him to stop the ball. He didnt nor did he foul. We were still fine because SC only had 4 players on the offensive end because the guy that threw the ball in hadnt made it up the court. It's a simple rotation and he blew it.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 07:52 PM
well- yeah he did. When Peters fell- it was up to him to stop the ball. He didnt nor did he foul. We were still fine because SC only had 4 players on the offensive end because the guy that threw the ball in hadnt made it up the court. It's a simple rotation and he blew it.

He fouled him. The refs just blew the call, yet they called a touch fall on Carter and the guy shooting the 3

Y'all need to give Q a break. He is what he is- a solid player that makes us good.

Edit to add:
You can say he should have fouled him "harder," but then you risk an intentional foul and he did enough to get what was called a foul all day. Can't fault him for doing his job.

Coach34
02-24-2018, 07:54 PM
He is what he is- a solid player

He didnt foul him- the ref didnt call it.

And I certainly agree with that part of your post

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 07:56 PM

Read my edit. What else was he supposed to do? Intentionally foul him? Could you imagine the backlash on this board if that happened?

Not to mention, what if the guy threw up a shot? Then there's a risk of a 4 point play.

He did his job. Why are you hating? Not his fault the ref blew the call.

Unless you have a bone to pick.

Jarius
02-24-2018, 07:59 PM
That no call on the foul was on the referee. Q did more than enough to get a foul called, but SEC refs are what they are.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:00 PM
That no call on the foul was on the referee. Q did more than enough to get a foul called, but SEC refs are what they are.

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:04 PM
His 6 turnovers, defensive lapses, and getting his shot swatted damn near got us beat also. Wright deserves a little more time

Yep.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:05 PM

Had he done the same thing from in FRONT of the offensive player, the call would have been made. He was lazy and it damn near cost us the game.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 08:08 PM

His 6 steals responsible for and 7-8 from the line were big. Pluses outweigh the minuses.

Q is what he is, a solid player. Not some super star. But the hate he gets on here is often unwarranted.

And I agree Wright needs more time.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Exactly.

It was a foul. The announcers said as much and so did the studio guys during the highlights.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:15 PM
It was a foul. The announcers said as much and so did the studio guys during the highlights.

No shit. That's why I said "exactly". But, hey, let's give Eli Wright the ball in crunch time so he can commit an intentional foul and hit clutch shots (cause, you know, he's done it before LOL).

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:16 PM

With the way he did it, had it been called it would have HAD to have been called an intentional foul. Had it been called they beat us. All he had to do is get in front of him and bump him. He had position. What he did was either dumb or lazy, or both. We were lucky it DIDN'T get called.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:18 PM
With the way he did it, had it been called it would have HAD to have been called an intentional foul. Had it been called they beat us. All he had to do is get in front of him and bump him. He had position. What he did was either dumb or lazy, or both. We were lucky it DIDN'T get called.

Are you serious?

So, you have to get in position and take a charge to get someone to the line in the late minutes? Like, have you watched basketball?

Goldendawg
02-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Played basketball in HS, have watched all my life, but not a coach like some of you guys. Question, why do we put no rebounders on the O end when we are barely up with less than 6 or so seconds left and we have a 2 to 3 point lead (like against Vandy and today)? Looks like we might steal a rebound on a miss or at least slow them down a couple of seconds as they try to rush down the court for the last shot. Maybe we could at least find our man to matchup on D. We seem to have had a tough time getting into position on D in these situations as the other 4 players try to find their man and play D waiting at the other end. Your expertise and opinions appreciated.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Are you serious?

So, you have to get in position and take a charge to get someone to the line in the late minutes? Like, have you watched basketball?

He grabbed him as he was going by and made no effort to go for the ball. Had it been called the only call that could have been made was an intentional foul.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Played basketball in HS, have watched all my life, but not a coach like some of you guys. Question, why do we put no rebounders on the O end when we are barely up with less than 6 or so seconds left and we have a 2 to 3 point lead (like against Vandy and today)? Looks like we might steal a rebound on a miss or at least slow them down a couple of seconds as they try to rush down the court for the last shot. Maybe we could at least find our man to matchup on D. We seem to have had a tough time getting into position on D in these situations as the other 4 players try to find their man and play D waiting at the other end. Your expertise and opinions appreciated.

I think what Howland is thinking is have 5 guys down the court so there?s no way they out run us. I wouldn?t mind Lamar/ Nick guarding the ball handler to run time off, if that makes any sense.

ETA: The problem with this is- Q got beat in regulation on that last play, still

Coach34
02-24-2018, 08:28 PM
His 6 steals responsible for and 7-8 from the line were big. Pluses outweigh the minuses.

Q is what he is, a solid player. Not some super star. But the hate he gets on here is often unwarranted.

And I agree Wright needs more time.

he only had 4 steals- which is still good

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:30 PM
He grabbed him as he was going by and made no effort to go for the ball. Had it been called the only call that could have been made was an intentional foul.

NEWSFLASH: that's a foul that sends the other team to the line 90% of the time.

You literally just said "he grabbed him"

Like WTF?

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:31 PM
He didn't have a great game, but he has experience and he fills the stat sheet. Def not the most talented, but gets the job done. Would do much better if he got his head out of his ass and played defense and stopped trying to do too much on offense.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:31 PM

How about my posts?

Coach34
02-24-2018, 08:33 PM
The guy blew by Q like he wasn’t even there. He could have done a much better job of making sure he got a foul call. What he did was awful and damn near cost us the game. Especially after his turnover up 4 with 25 seconds left

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:35 PM
The guy blew by Q like he wasn’t even there. He could have done a much better job of making sure he got a foul call. What he did was awful and damn near cost us the game. Especially after his turnover up 4 with 25 seconds left

Exactly.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Not the first time he's given up a big 3 like that at the end of the game. If he switches to Vandy's guy at the buzzer he probably misses that game winner. Then we aren't forcing ourselves to win out like we are now.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:38 PM
The guy blew by Q like he wasn?t even there. He could have done a much better job of making sure he got a foul call. What he did was awful and damn near cost us the game. Especially after his turnover up 4 with 25 seconds left

You can't say with a straight face that you haven't seen that called a foul ALOT. Come on, man. Even your boy Liverpool said he grabbed him? What else did you want him to do? Give him a reach- around? aKA risk am intentional foul?

He did was he was supposed to do. And, guess what? We won. If he did more, we risk losing and this board imploding.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:40 PM
You can't say with a straight face that you haven't seen that called a foul ALOT. Come on, man. Even your boy Liverpool said he grabbed him? What else did you want him to do? Give him a reach- around? aKA risk in intentional foul?

Put a body on him. Don't give him a free lane to the 3pt lane.

Coach34
02-24-2018, 08:41 PM

This

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:42 PM

So risk an intentional foul? Got it.

Tell me the last time you saw a guy hockey check someone in that scenario. I'll wait...

Especially 30 feet from the basket. You think he got "blew by?" Trying to set your feet a take charge in that scenario would have been even worse.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Hockey check? No. Step in front of him, don't let him run past you and grab his hips. It's called a blocking foul. Not uncommon. I really don't see how anyone thinks that is good defense. The refs weren't gonna call that hand checking stuff at the end with us up by 3.

Jarius
02-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Had he done the same thing from in FRONT of the offensive player, the call would have been made. He was lazy and it damn near cost us the game.

Ok, well the announcers and the guys on the sec network hat have forgotten more about basketball than you or I will ever know disagree.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:46 PM

Exactly.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Hockey check? No. Step in front of him, don't let him run past you and grab his hips. It's called a blocking foul. Not uncommon. I really don't see how anyone thinks that is good defense. The refs weren't gonna call that hand checking stuff at the end with us up by 3.

Lmao. A for effort. So, instead of getting "blown by," you wanted him to take a charge 30 feet out? You can't be serious.

Yes, "hand checks" are called fouls when down under a minute the majority of the time. You have all night to watch other games and see.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Ok, well the announcers and the guys on the sec network hat have forgotten more about basketball than you or I will ever know disagree.

Did it get called, and not called intentional? If so then it was a good play. If not he screwed up.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Lmao. A for effort. So, instead of getting "blown by," you wanted him to take a charge 30 feet out? You can't be serious.

In that situation that is eactly what you want him to do. If he had its game over we win. Jeez man, you can't be THAT...... well.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:50 PM
He wasn't blown by. He just failed to guard him. He reached for him when he went by. And no not a charge, just saying stepping in front of the ball handler isn't going to get you an intentional foul. Don't get so hurt. We aren't saying he's a terrible player. It is just that his defense almost lost us another critical game.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Did it get called, and not called intentional? If so then it was a good play. If not he screwed up.

It was a mistake from the refs. It happens. And most of the time we understand. Unless you have other motives or are just clueless or both.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:52 PM
In that situation that is eactly what you want him to do. If he had its game over we win. Jeez man, you can't be THAT...... well.

OK, man you're right. It's takes a charge to send a guy to the line. You're right.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 08:52 PM
If he stayed in front of him, it’s a common blocking foul- not intentional.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 08:54 PM
If he stayed in front of him, it’s a common blocking foul- not intentional.

So you have to "stay in front of him" to send a guy to the line late? I must be watching a different game.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 08:58 PM
It was a mistake from the refs. It happens. And most of the time we understand. Unless you have other motives or are just clueless or both.

Get in front of him and th ref doesn't matter as much

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 08:58 PM
They're not gonna call that attempt of a foul he made in that situation. He didn't even turn his body. Maybe in the regular flow of the game it gets called, but in that situation you need to make certain you get the foul on the guy. So yes, maybe in normal circumstances that is a foul, but the refs aren't gonna call that then and there.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:00 PM
They're not gonna call that attempt of a foul he made in that situation. He didn't even turn his body. Maybe in the regular flow of the game it gets called, but in that situation you need to make certain you get the foul on the guy. So yes, maybe in normal circumstances that is a foul, but the refs aren't gonna call that then and there.

It's actually the opposite. If it's late in the game and you "grab" a guy, they will call it because it's obvious what you are trying to do- stop the clock.

Percho
02-24-2018, 09:02 PM
You can't say with a straight face that you haven't seen that called a foul ALOT. Come on, man. Even your boy Liverpool said he grabbed him? What else did you want him to do? Give him a reach- around? aKA risk am intentional foul?

He did was he was supposed to do. And, guess what? We won. If he did more, we risk losing and this board imploding.

It was more of a foul than the one they called on Carter that gave them 3 shots.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Get in front of him and th ref doesn't matter as much

For Q and Peters to "get in front of him," someone else would be wide open, which, again, would be dumb.

Q did his job and fouled like he was told to. Not his fault it didn't get called.

But, it ended up in a win

If fouled him even harder, he risks an intentional foul and/or he's not doing his job.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:04 PM
It was more of a foul than the one they called on Carter that gave them 3 shots.

Exactly.

You don't have to mug a guy to get a foul called, especially with today's rules, AND in the waning seconds when it is OBVIOUS what you are trying to do (foul).

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 09:05 PM
For Q and Peters to "get in front of him," someone else would be wide open, which, again, would be dumb.

Q did his job and fouled like he was told to. Not his fault it didn't get called.

But, it ended up in a win

If fouled him even harder, he risks an intentional foul and/or he's not doing his job.

No you, had the inbounds guy still coming up court behind the half court line. Thats 4 v 4 with Peters slipping down.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 09:06 PM
It's actually the opposite. If it's late in the game and you "grab" a guy, they will call it because it's obvious what you are trying to do- stop the clock.

Yes if you are trailing and trying to get back in the game. We were UP 3. When you're down they are looking for that grab.

whosyourdawgy
02-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Q on the bench is just stupid. Having Q on the defender in last second game tying or winning shit in the line is not ideal. Mizzou Vandy and now S Carolina. In 2 of those games tho, Lamar was at fault as much as Q. Tonight he slipped and allowed dude to get momentum going and Q did a piss poor job of trying to foul him. Vandy game, Peters was totally lost in that last shot, spinning around for some reason, but Q can’t just leave him wide open for that shot and he did Mizzou, Q just got caught cheating inside in a late game scenario that made absolutely no sense. All that being said, we are no where near 21-8 right now without Q on the court for us for most of the game. He made winning plays in OT and clutch free throws to put us up 3 that sealed the W.

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 09:07 PM

This I will agree on. And I'm not disputing that it wasn't a foul. I think it definitely SHOULD have been called. However, in that situation you have to take the doubt away and not give them a free shot.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Yes if you are trailing and trying to get back in the game. We were UP 3. When you're down they are looking for that grab.

They should also be looking for us to foul in that situation? What is different?

You are just trying to make this fit your narrative.

If anything, you would think the refs would be cognizant to that situation. Same with Q, and that's why you can't be too overzealous.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:10 PM
This I will agree on. And I'm not disputing that it wasn't a foul. I think it definitely SHOULD have been called. However, in that situation you have to take the doubt away and not give them a free shot.

So risk an intentional foul?

You are agreeing that Q did his job and the refs ****ed up. Like end it there.

I guess Q should have gone above and beyond what he was told and coached to do. Come on, man.

whosyourdawgy
02-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Lot of this is on Howland too imo. He should’ve told that side official close to him that we were gonna foul before they get a3 off. Also our players shoulda been screaming foul foul foul when Q was grabbing him. Lamar slipping screwed thar play all up too

stalkingpoon
02-24-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm not blowing the whistle. The refs are. If he did his job we aren't in OT. His effort was piss poor on that play, that's been his story this year. And no narrative just would like to see some type of effort from him on that play with the NCCAT on the line. If you're satisfied with his play then that is great, but he's burned us once at the buzzer and did it again today.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:15 PM

I guess Q should have gone above and beyond what he was told and coached to do. Come on, man.

A blocking foul IS NOT an intentional foul. If he stayed in front, it’s a block or a charge. Either way, it’s not an intentional foul

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:17 PM
So you have to "stay in front of him" to send a guy to the line late? I must be watching a different game.

No, but my point is that if he stayed in front of him, it?s a block or charge- not intentional.

Covercorner2
Lot of this is on Howland too imo. He should’ve told that side official close to him that we were gonna foul before they get a3 off. Also our players shoulda been screaming foul foul foul when Q was grabbing him. Lamar slipping screwed thar play all up too

Q did. Watch the replay. He was pissed they didn't call it.

Coach34
For Q and Peters to "get in front of him," someone else would be wide open, which, again, would be dumb. .

no- he guy that threw the ball in never even made it to half court. They only had 4 offensive players

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:19 PM
No, but my point is that if he stayed in front of him, it?s a block or charge- not intentional.

It wasn't even his man! He did what he was coached to do- grab him and foul. And he did.

Again, whole point of this thread. Believe it or not, he is not Superman.

If anything, blame Lamar.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:21 PM

Which is I why I phrased it steals responsible for. He had 4 steals and knocked two loose that his teammates then possessed and got credit for.

Coach34
So what? He rotated over and should have stopped the ball. Just like his ****-up with Vandy- the guy with the ball is the most dangerous

Covercorner2
no- he guy that threw the ball in never even made it to half court. They only had 4 offensive players

So... Q is supposed to somehow play helpside, take a charge, not foul while the guy is shooting, etc?

Lol

I would say all things considered, he did a good job. He did his job. He fouled him and it wasn't intentional, and the guy wasn't shooting.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:23 PM
It wasn't even his man! He did what he was coached to do- grab him and foul. And he did.

Again, whole point of this thread. Believe it or not, he is not Superman.

If anything, blame Lamar.
All he did was touch him. They weren’t gonna call ticky tack foul.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:24 PM

Ahh. Yes, bc sec officials make correct calls 100% of the time.

The bottom line is q has way more positives than negatives. He is not our best player. The standard y?all hold him to is ridiculous.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:24 PM
So what? He rotated over and should have stopped the ball. Just like his ****-up with Vandy- the guy with the ball is the most dangerous

Also, WHO’S HE GONNA THROW IT TO? There was like 2 seconds left!

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:25 PM
All he did was touch him. They weren’t gonna call ticky tack foul.

They did all game and usually do in the final seconds, especially if that is your intent.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:25 PM

The bottom line is q has way more positives than negatives. He is not our best player. The standard y?all hold him to is ridiculous.
We don’t hold him to high standards, we just expect fundamental basketball

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:26 PM

Delete

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:27 PM

He did. He fouled the guy. Not his fault they didn't call it.

whosyourdawgy
02-24-2018, 09:27 PM
This is over the top fellas. I mean shit. We won the game. And Q actually made the plays late for us to get the W. Let’s stop crucifying the dude if at all possible. Shit, i just thought i was bad about talking about our players. Q is gonna be on the court for 30 minutes a game and most definitely in crunch time so accept that shit and get over it already. Move on to UT, who we will not beat without a very good game from Q

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:30 PM
This is over the top fellas. I mean shit. We won the game. And Q actually made the plays late for us to get the W. Let’s stop crucifying the dude if at all possible. Shit, i just thought i was bad about talking about our players. Q is gonna be on the court for 30 minutes a game and most definitely in crunch time so accept that shit and get over it already. Move on to UT, who we will not beat without a very good game from Q

Exactly, but sometimes egos have to prevail. It's stupid. Q is good and did his job, especially in that situation, and, guess what,? We won.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:30 PM
I’m done arguing about this- it’s obvious he’s not a good defender. I’ll say so until he proves me wrong.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:33 PM
I’m done arguing about this- it’s obvious he’s not a good defender. I’ll say so until he proves me wrong.

That's fair, but to say he should've done more than he did it that situation with the guy shooting the 3 is reaching. If anything, it's on Lamar.

FanninDawg
02-24-2018, 09:35 PM
I?m done arguing about this- it?s obvious he?s not a good defender. I?ll say so until he proves me wrong.

Spoken like a true bulldog fan, run coaches and players down so you can be right! Amiright 34?

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:37 PM

The numbers disagree with you. He is fourth in the league in steals. Sixth in steals per game. But by all means, carry on...

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:41 PM
We don’t hold him to high standards, we just expect fundamental basketball

Ok. Lets make this whole thread about q and not mention it was Lamars falling down that created the whole mess. Lets put it on q and expect him to come up in help defense and stay in front of a guy who has a 40 foot running start. That is not fundamentals. That would be being a superior athlete with elite lateral quickness, which q is not.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:42 PM
The numbers disagree with you. He is fourth in the league in steals. Sixth in steals per game. But by all means, carry on...

I don’t care what his numbers are. If you watch our games, you can tell he’s not a very good defender.

Coach34
02-24-2018, 09:42 PM

steals have nothing to do with him getting beat off the bounce or him standing there watching the guy shoot a 3 as he did a couple of times today

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Ok. Lets make this whole thread about q and not mention it was Lamars falling down that created the whole mess. Lets put it on q and expect him to come up in help defense and stay in front of a guy who has a 40 foot running start. That is not fundamentals. That would be being a superior athlete with elite lateral quickness, which q is not.

Not that play in particular. When he traveled when we were up 4, he should’ve dribbled out and been fouled and we win in regulation.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 09:45 PM
steals have nothing to do with him getting beat off the bounce or him standing there watching the guy shoot a 3 as he did a couple of times today

Let's talk about the things he did well today? Novel idea, or na?

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:48 PM

True, but steals do have something to do with playing defense.

Nobody is saying q is an elite defender. He lacks the quickness to be one. He is a very good help defender though. That is where most of his steals come from.

confucius say
02-24-2018, 09:52 PM
Not that play in particular. When he traveled when we were up 4, he should’ve dribbled out and been fouled and we win in regulation.

Agree. But this thread has become about his defense.

Q is about the 4th most talented guy on our roster, but we treat him like he is supposed to be an all American.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2018, 09:56 PM
No

Just because Eli made tough, contested fast break lay- ups does not mean you want the ball in his hands late. Do you even realize that Q being clutch is arguably the best part of his game?

When has Eli hit a tough jumper?

Not sure your name fits, tbh

for defense genius.

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 10:14 PM
for defense genius.

So... the if Q is out of the game, what guard is going to take a big shot? Peters is better as a facilitator. That leaves Nick? Again, who is going to take a big shot? I get defense, but you also have to score.

If you score more, you win. Genius.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2018, 10:28 PM
So... the if Q is out of the game, what guard is going to take a big shot? Peters is better as a facilitator. That leaves Nick? Again, who is going to take a big shot? I get defense, but you also have to score.

If you score more, you win. Genius.

Ever heard of a defensive substitution?

End game against Mizzou: Q drops off his man when not necessary and his man hits the winning 3 in the corner
End game against Vandy: Q inexplicably leaves the man with the ball and he hits the game winning 3
End game against South Carolina: Guard blows right by him for the game tying 3.

whosyourdawgy
02-24-2018, 10:33 PM
End game scenario, he doubles Silva and gets a huge steal

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 10:38 PM
End game scenario, he doubles Silva and gets a huge steal

Yep. And he's a calming precense that can make big shots. But let's replace him with a guy that has shown spurts. Lol

Covercorner2
02-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Ever heard of a defensive substitution?

End game against Mizzou: Q drops off his man when not necessary and his man hits the winning 3 in the corner
End game against Vandy: Q inexplicably leaves the man with the ball and he hits the game winning 3
End game against South Carolina: Guard blows right by him for the game tying 3.

So what do you do when you are out of timeouts (like we were)?

Genius

tcdog70
02-24-2018, 11:19 PM
The guy blew by Q like he wasn?t even there. He could have done a much better job of making sure he got a foul call. What he did was awful and damn near cost us the game. Especially after his turnover up 4 with 25 seconds left

I think Peters actually fell down and He was to be the one to foul ole Red. Q fouled Him and the Refs did not call it. What is the argument, his job was to foul him and he did. Q made some mistakes but he also made huge plays to win the Game. I still don't get the Q bashing. I want him to have the ball at crunch time. Also maybe you noticed he had 4 steals, and made some big time free throws.plus he get the rebound when we need it.

Homedawg
02-24-2018, 11:19 PM

Double down on stupid. Good. There is one nick. But I'm glad we have q.

Dawgcap
02-24-2018, 11:23 PM

What was the call on Peters the play before? Same play.

Dawgcap
02-24-2018, 11:28 PM
My problem is blaming Q at the end of the game peters is by the guy at 4.2 with us up 1. No foul called there the game is over. We hit 2 free throws go up 3. Q makes the same play and no foul called. They hit the 3. Why are we bashing our guys??

tcdog70
02-24-2018, 11:30 PM
I don?t care what his numbers are. If you watch our games, you can tell he?s not a very good defender.

Please shut the **** up. You are maybe the worst MSU fan on this board. We heard what you said the first time. Saying the same shit 100 more times doesn't make you right. The majority of people on this board with an ounce of basketball IQ, think you are ignorant, and I think they would be correct.

Intramural All-American
02-24-2018, 11:32 PM
My problem is blaming Q at the end of the game peters is by the guy at 4.2 with us up 1. No foul called there the game is over. We hit 2 free throws go up 3. Q makes the same play and no foul called. They hit the 3. Why are we bashing our guys??

Because we have the worst fans ever. A select few would rather be right rather than be wrong and us succeed. It's truly sad

whosyourdawgy
02-24-2018, 11:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^this

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 11:38 PM
Bottom line... we won.

Dawgcap
02-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Because we have the worst fans ever. A select few would rather be right rather than be wrong and us succeed. It's truly sad
Exactly! Don’t blame the guys for inconsistency by the officials.

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Please shut the **** up. You are maybe the worst MSU fan on this board. We heard what you said the first time. Saying the same shit 100 more times doesn't make you right. The majority of people on this board with an ounce of basketball IQ, think you are ignorant, and I think they would be correct.

The only ones against me are the ones that think Q hung the moon. No, I’m one of the more realistic posters on this board. I mean you are an idiot when it comes to basketball. I said earlier that I’m done talking about this, BUT YOU WANT TO CALL ME OUT! I’m no expert, BUT I HAVE SENSE. Its okay to say our guys aren’t perfect. I know I seem like I’m bashing Q, but I’m not. I expect more from him- he is supposed to be the leader of this team. He is supposed to be our leader. I gave him props in the game thread. Like I said, make him prove me wrong, and I’ll never bash him again. I PROMISE!

Bulldog1
02-24-2018, 11:47 PM
Why would I want him or anyone on our team to fail? I support anyone who wears a state jersey/ uniform. If it makes y’all feel better, I won’t say anything bad about him AGAIN. I’m dropping it. I just want us to win and get to the NCAA tourney.
At the end of the day, we’re all state fans and have the same goal- to see Ms state succeed in any and all sports. Hail State!

Dawgcap
02-24-2018, 11:56 PM
It’s a 40 minute game, sometimes 45. We weren’t playing against air. Mistakes made?? Of course. Everyone play perfect? Nope? Did we battle and win a game we absolutely sucked for the first 15 minutes? Yep!the last 5 years we fold up and quit after that start. We are a team that fights and plays hard! Every play? Hell no but we are getting closer than we ever have. I’m proud of the way each has fought! Wish we could appreciate the effort

Acid mouth
02-25-2018, 12:47 AM
He fouled him. The refs just blew the call, yet they called a touch fall on Carter and the guy shooting the 3

Y'all need to give Q a break. He is what he is- a solid player that makes us good.

Edit to add:
You can say he should have fouled him "harder," but then you risk an intentional foul and he did enough to get what was called a foul all day. Can't fault him for doing his job.

My thoughts exactly. The refs should?ve called the foul but they didn?t. I thought the refs were harder on Q tonight than anyone else on the floor.
It?s great to see Wright take the ball strong to the basket on those three possession. Other people saying that he should take minutes from Q are stretching it but it?s great to see depth on our bench. Lack of depth has plagued us for years.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 09:45 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67613183/your-wish-is-my-command.jpg

Come back by when football season starts...maybe

Thank you.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 09:50 AM

correct.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Exactly.

Damn somebody has to be drinking heavily. You 2 (34 & Liverpool) agreeing is just weird?

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 10:19 AM
Spoken like a true bulldog fan, run coaches and players down so you can be right! Amiright 34?

No truer words have ever been spoken. Rep given.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 10:30 AM
The only ones against me are the ones that think Q hung the moon. No, I?m one of the more realistic posters on this board. I mean you are an idiot when it comes to basketball. I said earlier that I?m done talking about this, BUT YOU WANT TO CALL ME OUT! I?m no expert, BUT I HAVE SENSE. Its okay to say our guys aren?t perfect. I know I seem like I?m bashing Q, but I?m not. I expect more from him- he is supposed to be the leader of this team. He is supposed to be our leader. I gave him props in the game thread. Like I said, make him prove me wrong, and I?ll never bash him again. I PROMISE!

You said it once, twice is enough!

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Didn’t read any of this thread , because I’m sure it’s ridiculous
Not saying Q an elite defender but he had a key steal on help Defesne at end of the OT and pulled down the last rebound and knocked down the 2 free throws to seal it
Also he drew the defensive assignment of guarding Booker and Minaya most of the game. Who had a combined 2 points

Turfdawg67
02-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Didn?t read any of this thread , because I?m sure it?s ridiculous
Not saying Q an elite defender but he had a key steal on help Defesne at end of the OT and pulled down the last rebound and knocked down the 2 free throws to seal it
Also he drew the defensive assignment of guarding Booker and Minaya most of the game. Who had a combined 2 points

Truer words were never spoken...

Coach34
02-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Q guarded Gravett some as well. His 2 3's right before halftime were on Q. The 2nd one when he didnt step out on him was ridiculous

Plus- we switch so much on defense on the perimeter- none of our guys really defend 1 guy.

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Q guarded Gravett some as well. His 2 3's right before halftime were on Q. The 2nd one when he didnt step out on him was ridiculous

Plus- we switch so much on defense on the perimeter- none of our guys really defend 1 guy.

Again not saying Q is the best defender on the team that would the other Spoon.
But Q takes WAY too much blame game in game out for his play

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Again not saying Q is the best defender on the team that would the other Spoon.
But Q takes WAY too much blame game in game out for his play

Tell if Ari!

tcdog70
02-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Didn’t read any of this thread , because I’m sure it’s ridiculous

But, but just go back and watch the games, you can clearly see that Q sux****. Forget get he had 4 steals and knocked 2 more ball away that teammates recovered. Forget , he did foul the guy and the ref just swallowed his whistle, just know this if Q was on the bench we would have lost the game. There are some stupid mfers in this thread

Bulldog1
02-25-2018, 12:06 PM
But, but just go back and watch the games, you can clearly see that Q sux****. Forget get he had 4 steals and knocked 2 more ball away that teammates recovered. Forget , he did foul the guy and the ref just swallowed his whistle, just know this if Q was on the bench we would have lost the game. There are some stupid mfers in this thread
I never said he sucks, I said he didn’t play very well. Good job Q coming up clutch in OT. I’m proud of him, and hope he continues to improve.

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 12:38 PM
If any of you were at the game ( and I doubt it was many) you would have seen Howland coaching him and in his ass a little on the way to the locker room.
The next “perfect” game Q plays will be his first , but I will take his 15/ 7 / 3 Which is about what he brings game in game out.

msbulldog
02-25-2018, 12:56 PM
If any of you were at the game ( and I doubt it was many) you would have seen Howland coaching him and in his ass a little on the way to the locker room.
The next “perfect” game Q plays will be his first , but I will take his 15/ 7 / 3 Which is about what he brings game in game out.

Totally agree.

biggun
02-25-2018, 11:26 PM
His boneheaded plays definitely had us in a tight spot. His turnovers led to at least 6-8 USC points but his strips, rebounds and FTs at the end were critical.

He has lazy streaks and makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. When he?s on we don?t lose, when he?s off like today we are now still winning. The true difference is we now have other guys who step up whenQ is off.

Well said! Agree 100%

Jarius
02-26-2018, 07:33 AM

You probably also think Lamar Peters screwed up against Missouri because the ref called a charge on him at the end of the game. Bad calls happen. You?re wrong. It?s ok. We won.

Acid mouth
02-26-2018, 09:49 AM

These statements are both true. What gets me about some of you message board geniuses is that you?d rather Q play bad in order to look like you knew what you were talking about. But regardless of the outcome, bashing an MSU player makes you look like a ****ing idiot. I wish some of you had been born into Mississippi Black Bear families so we would be spared your senseless internet rambles.

RougeDawg
02-26-2018, 10:10 AM
The next ?perfect? game Q plays will be his first , but I will take his 15/ 7 / 3 Which is about what he brings game in game out.

I personally think the fan bases? perception of Q is result of typical Human behavior. Most humans tend to remember more negative things than positive. For whatever reason this tends to be the norm. Be it self preservation or something else, most people learn more from negative consequences than positive.

Q can be having a lights out game, but this perception is blurred by the handful of boneheaded lazy plays he makes during a game. We expect Q to lead the team in scoring but don?t expect the bad plays he mixes in. People remember more what wasn?t expected than what they?ve come to normalize.

tcdog70
02-26-2018, 10:57 AM
I personally think the fan bases? perception of Q is result of typical Human behavior. Most humans tend to remember more negative things than positive. For whatever reason this tends to be the norm. Be it self preservation or something else, most people learn more from negative consequences than positive.

Q can be having a lights out game, but this perception is blurred by the handful of boneheaded lazy plays he makes during a game. We expect Q to lead the team in scoring but don?t expect the bad plays he mixes in. People remember more what wasn?t expected than what they?ve come to normalize.

Understand this, when Q is in the game He usual touches the ball every possession . When the clock is running down, they give it to Q to make something happen. Nobody handles the ball a much as Lamar and Q , so naturally they will have some turnovers. What we need to remember is more good happens than bad. Q gets caught helping on defense and sometimes His man is left open or He doesn't move quick enough to cover the switch. But when it is crunch time I want Q to have the ball. Also when we need a big rebound--it is usually Q who grabs it.

Johnson85
02-26-2018, 11:20 AM
You probably also think Lamar Peters screwed up against Missouri because the ref called a charge on him at the end of the game. Bad calls happen. You?re wrong. It?s ok. We won.

Q screwed up. He should have stayed in front of him. Had the ref made the right call and the guy shot the ball when Q grabbed him, he would have gotten three free throws. If he had stayed in front of him, he could have put a hand on the ball/arm and made it difficult for the guy to look like he was shooting.

Pretty understandable mistake. It was at the end of the game, he was tired, and he got lazy. He didn't have a great game, and made some crucial mistakes towards the end of regulation, but still shook it off and helped close the game out.

Bad games happen. Ideally your upper classmen's bad games would consist more of off shooting nights than mental mistakes, but you're going to get both at times. And at the end of the day, his stat line was still good and we don't win the game without him.

Q is good and we are lucky to have him. People are unduly harsh on him because of a combination of people having unrealistic expectations because of how good he was as a true freshman and also his style of play lends itself to looking lazy even when it's not. Even some of his drives where he gets a step on his man it looks like he's going three quarter's speed.

drunkernhelldawg
02-26-2018, 11:25 AM

Did you make this post with your right hand while doing one handed push ups with your left hand? I'm pretty sure you did, and I am impressed.

TimberBeast
02-26-2018, 11:40 AM

This is correct

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-26-2018, 11:43 AM
This is one of my favorite posts ever.

Why? He didn't say "What did you say?" He said "You were saying" Therefore the response
I was saying post less. Did you not see it the first time?didn't make sense.

msudawglb
02-26-2018, 11:57 AM
I love how so many of you are blasting the guy for his post. I mean, did you not watch the game? And the games before? Yes, Q has done a lot for our team in the past. There may be times this season that he has done things that won us a game. But this isn't Mullen style of coaching here. We don't start players because of what they did for us last year or because they are older. If you took our players who are getting minutes and Joe Lunardi seeded them 1 to 7, then there would be 6 players with arrows facing up next to them and then there'd be Q seeded at 5 with his arrow pointing down. You can't deny that he is getting more and more lost each and every game as this team continues to get better around him.

smootness
02-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Why? He didn't say "What did you say?" He said "You were saying" Therefore the response didn't make sense.

Yes, it did.

smootness
02-26-2018, 12:07 PM
I love how so many of you are blasting the guy for his post. I mean, did you not watch the game? And the games before? Yes, Q has done a lot for our team in the past. There may be times this season that he has done things that won us a game. But this isn't Mullen style of coaching here. We don't start players because of what they did for us last year or because they are older. If you took our players who are getting minutes and Joe Lunardi seeded them 1 to 7, then there would be 6 players with arrows facing up next to them and then there'd be Q seeded at 5 with his arrow pointing down. You can't deny that he is getting more and more lost each and every game as this team continues to get better around him.

Last 10 games:
15.2 PPG
48% FG
33% 3 (was 36% in that stretch before the 0-3 of the last 2)
6.5 RPG
3.1 APG
1.6 SPG
2.3 TO/G

Outside of FG% and assists (both slight dips), those are all better than his season averages.

Last 3: 15.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.7 SPG.

So.....huh?

Coach34
02-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Some of you need to stop with the "we have the worst fans" bullshit. It's sports and people discuss what is going on- good and bad. Fanbases such as OM, LSU, and Bama when things are going bad are absolutely abysmal.

Pretty much nobody agrees with the original post that Q needs to sit and someone else start. But it wouldnt hurt us and likely helps a good deal if we would cut his minutes some to get Wright a few more. It might help with Q being so dead-legged at the end of some games. He played 38 minutes vs SC- thats too many. Q has a good shot and rebounds. He does some really good things on the floor. But he does some stupid shit and is not a very good on-ball defender. He has average footspeed and thats why he has to play the 3 instead of being a 2.

At the end of the day- its sports and we are here to discuss them. That's what fans do. Pumping sunshine all the time is stupid. Be real and discuss what is going on. These guys get all the perks of a free education, free clothes, food, notoriety, and TV time. They can handle some criticism.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-26-2018, 12:25 PM
Yes, it did.

No actually it didn't but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

msbulldog
02-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Some of you need to stop with the "we have the worst fans" bullshit. It's sports and people discuss what is going on- good and bad. Fanbases such as OM, LSU, and Bama when things are going bad are absolutely abysmal.

Pretty much nobody agrees with the original post that Q needs to sit and someone else start. But it wouldnt hurt us and likely helps a good deal if we would cut his minutes some to get Wright a few more. It might help with Q being so dead-legged at the end of some games. He played 38 minutes vs SC- thats too many. Q has a good shot and rebounds. He does some really good things on the floor. But he does some stupid shit and is not a very good on-ball defender. He has average footspeed and thats why he has to play the 3 instead of being a 2.

At the end of the day- its sports and we are here to discuss them. That's what fans do. Pumping sunshine all the time is stupid. Be real and discuss what is going on. These guys get all the perks of a free education, free clothes, food, notoriety, and TV time. They can handle some criticism.

Hell 34, we have a whole bunch of great fans. We also have folks that have too bitch. HAIL STATE!

msudawglb
02-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Last 10 games:
15.2 PPG
48% FG
33% 3 (was 36% in that stretch before the 0-3 of the last 2)
6.5 RPG
3.1 APG
1.6 SPG
2.3 TO/G

Outside of FG% and assists (both slight dips), those are all better than his season averages.

Last 3: 15.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.7 SPG.

So.....huh?

6 turnovers his last game. 8 in his last 2 games. Had 2 very crucial turnovers in the last minute+ of regulation of SC game. Very slow on defense to the point that he's a liability.

smootness
02-26-2018, 01:35 PM
No actually it didn't but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

No, he didn't ask for clarification. He was trying to throw his own words back in his face somehow. Which is why the response was so perfect.

smootness
02-26-2018, 01:36 PM
6 turnovers his last game. 8 in his last 2 games. Had 2 very crucial turnovers in the last minute+ of regulation of SC game. Very slow on defense to the point that he's a liability.

So his turnovers were an issue against SC. That's far different than 'he is getting more and more lost each and every game.' Especially since, even with the 6 turnovers against SC, his TO average over his last 10 is still slightly below his season average. So he's actually been much better on turnovers recently and had a bad game in that regard against SC. That's it.

msudawglb
02-26-2018, 02:14 PM
So his turnovers were an issue against SC. That's far different than 'he is getting more and more lost each and every game.' Especially since, even with the 6 turnovers against SC, his TO average over his last 10 is still slightly below his season average. So he's actually been much better on turnovers recently and had a bad game in that regard against SC. That's it.

You need to watch him play. And I'm not talking just about his last game. Watch the last few. He is showing signs of frustration and confusion on both ends of the floor. He's passing on open shots. He doesn't seem to have much confidence in his shot lately. Most of his points seem to be from free throws. We can go back and forth on this all day. I'm not saying he needs to be benched and not play, but he currently is the 5th guy in the rotation to me. I would share his minutes. Have him getting 30-32 max.

confucius say
02-26-2018, 02:22 PM

But things are not going bad. They are going better than at any point in 8 years. Post deserved to be called out. Keep the over emotional stupid stuff in the game thread.

Sure, all fan bases bitch when things are going bad. But you have to admit we are pessimistic and have a ?woe is me? attitude. It is the msu way.

msbulldog
02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
HAIL STATE!!!!

Coach34
02-26-2018, 02:35 PM
But things are not going bad. They are going better than at any point in 8 years. Post deserved to be called out. Keep the over emotional stupid stuff in the game thread.

Sure, all fan bases bitch when things are going bad. But you have to admit we are pessimistic and have a ?woe is me? attitude. It is the msu way.

I agree it was a bad post and deserved to be called out. But this "we have the worst fans" crap is just bs. You have message boards to argue and inform about sports- thats why they were invented.

Jack Lambert
02-26-2018, 02:38 PM
You need to watch him play. And I'm not talking just about his last game. Watch the last few. He is showing signs of frustration and confusion on both ends of the floor. He's passing on open shots. He doesn't seem to have much confidence in his shot lately. Most of his points seem to be from free throws. We can go back and forth on this all day. I'm not saying he needs to be benched and not play, but he currently is the 5th guy in the rotation to me. I would share his minutes. Have him getting 30-32 max.

I think he makes up for his short comings with experience that they need on the floor. We have two true Freshman starting.

confucius say
02-26-2018, 02:40 PM

30-32 is what he gets. Remember sat game went to OT.

tcdog70
02-26-2018, 11:00 PM

Thank goodness you have nothing to do with Q minutes. Damn, you wonder why Ben can't see all the Q faults. What the Hell is wrong with Q getting to the free throw line. It is pretty clear to Me that our coaching staff doesn't feel Q is the 5th guy, but hey wtf do they know? I'm pretty sure Ben has told Q to try and drive the ball and get to the free throw line. And I wonder how he manages to get his rebounds since he is confused and frustrated .