PDA

View Full Version : NCAA FBI Investigation

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 08:49 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html (https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html)

Lots of names in here including Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Duke, Witchita State, NC State and many others.
We?re not on it.

parabrave
02-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Yep the ncaa of course will slam WKU and East Carolina just to show they are tough.

msstate7
02-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Please get coach K. Hate how everything thinks he is above reproach

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Please get coach K. Hate how everything thinks he is above reproach

I hope they bust Cal like crazy. Can’t stand to hear all the announcers hang all over him. He is an average bench coach

msudawg1200
02-23-2018, 09:15 AM
I wonder if the Tim Jumper listed on the agent loan list is the one that played at Ole Miss back in the 80's?

msstate7
02-23-2018, 09:16 AM
I hope they bust Cal like crazy. Can’t stand to hear all the announcers hang all over him. He is an average bench coach

Everyone knows cal cheats though. He has been labeled a cheater for years. Everyone seems to think players go to Duke for nothing though, and it is ridiculous

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 09:24 AM
Everyone knows cal cheats though. He has been labeled a cheater for years. Everyone seems to think players go to Duke for nothing though, and it is ridiculous

I just hope we don’t surface in any of these reports. Maybe we can win the title next year haha!

Bully13
02-23-2018, 09:29 AM

I remember a pretty good while back about how the parents of elite players at Duke were given some VERY cushy jobs. But when we landed Malik, there was so much national chatter as to how much we must have cheated to sign him.

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 09:30 AM
I remember a pretty good while back about how the parents of elite players at Duke were given some VERY cushy jobs. But when we landed Malik, there was so much national chatter as to how much we must have cheated to sign him.

If we payed Malik, we got ROBBED! But, we didn’t pay him.

bobcat91
02-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Duke is the dirtiest team in college BB. Everyone acts like K is a saint, but he is much worse than Cal

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-23-2018, 09:39 AM
They didn't mention anything about Auburn on here. What did they say about the two players and coaches when they were suspended? Don't remember anything. Also mentioned Bama, which hasn't been noted.

HancockCountyDog
02-23-2018, 09:40 AM
I can tell you now, Avery Johnson is screwed.

I knew he was screwed when he was asked about the Chuck Person arrest 24 hours after it happened and he acted like he didn't know who Chuck Person was, despite the fact that they played together for FOUR DAMN YEARS!!!

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Duke is the dirtiest team in college BB. Everyone acts like K is a saint, but he is much worse than Cal

Duke is the dirtiest, UNC is second, UK is third, and Kansas is fourth... and so on

Bulldog1
02-23-2018, 09:41 AM
They didn't mention anything about Auburn on here. What did they say about the two players and coaches when they were suspended? Don't remember anything. Also mentioned Bama, which hasn't been noted.

I heard they didn’t mention them because they have already been on notice.

Student Athlete B
02-23-2018, 09:59 AM
Ohmar Carter is listed in the document for a loan of $4k. Dates line up with someone who is no longer on our team.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Ohmar Carter is listed in the document for a loan of $4k. Dates line up with someone who is no longer on our team.

That’s not Omhar Carter.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-23-2018, 10:50 AM

That's not Ohmar Carter that's Omar Carter a former college basketball player.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 10:51 AM

Yeah, they misspelled his name in the ledger lol. What a bear troll. Hell you even misspelled his name.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 10:52 AM
That's not Ohmar Carter that's Omar Carter a former college basketball player.

He’s a bear troll IYOK. Someone needs to ban him.

Brahmabull
02-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Tim Jumper was Donte Jones agent back in the day.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 10:56 AM

Some mod please ban this idiot. He’s an obvious bear troll.

Student Athlete B
02-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Omar Carter the player that played at App State? I am sure agents were drooling to get a piece of him.

RougeDawg
02-23-2018, 11:11 AM
Emmerts response if comical. How can the NCAA clowns make statements like this with a straight face? They?ve all but condoned impermissible benefits by their recent football investigations.

SO Pearl is implicated yet again?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Omar Carter the player that played at App State? I am sure agents were drooling to get a piece of him.

St. Joe's, New Mexico St, Murray St, Georgia St, ULL, & New Mexico all have had 1st rd draft picks in the last 5yrs. So yes agents drool over kids even at small colleges.

RougeDawg
02-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Emmerts response if comical. How can the NCAA clowns make statements like this with a straight face? They?ve all but condoned impermissible benefits by their recent football investigations.

The only way to stop this is start shutting down programs for 4+ years. If Duke is implicated, shut them down for 4 years. The universities will then be forced to start policing themselves. Until something this drastic is implemented, this will continue.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 11:17 AM

First of all, if it was Omhar Carter as you suggest, wouldn’t they have gotten his name right? IYOK is correct. It was Omar Carter the basketball player...

Commercecomet24
02-23-2018, 11:27 AM

The only way to stop this is start shutting down programs for 4+ years. If Duke is implicated, shut them down for 4 years. The universities will then be forced to start policing themselves. Until something this drastic is implemented, this will continue.

The NCAA has become a laughingstock.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 11:39 AM
So no mod will ban Student Athlete B even though he’s an obvious bear troll? Seriously? We are just going to let him post negative false propaganda? That’s really good guys especially considering he revealed himself as a bear troll.

dawgs
02-23-2018, 11:48 AM
St. Joe's, New Mexico St, Murray St, Georgia St, ULL, & New Mexico all have had 1st rd draft picks in the last 5yrs. So yes agents drool over kids even at small colleges.

You could make a good living just representing players playing overseas too.

Cooterpoot
02-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Who's the biggest laughing stock? The NCAA or the FBI? This one is going to be fun to watch.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Who's the biggest laughing stock? The NCAA or the FBI? This one is going to be fun to watch.

Good question. And yes it is gonna be fun to watch since apparently we are not involved. I guess you could say Rick Ray helped us in that respect. No way anyone looks at our basketball program during his tenure and says we were buying players lol

ScoobaDawg
02-23-2018, 12:25 PM
So no mod will ban Student Athlete B even though he’s an obvious bear troll? Seriously? We are just going to let him post negative false propaganda? That’s really good guys especially considering he revealed himself as a bear troll.

He did? Where. Calm down calling for everyone with 10 posts to be banned..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-23-2018, 12:29 PM
So no mod will ban Student Athlete B even though he?s an obvious bear troll? Seriously? We are just going to let him post negative false propaganda? That?s really good guys especially considering he revealed himself as a bear troll.

What happened to Enforcer? Wouldn't a little investigating confirm any troll activity?

parabrave
02-23-2018, 12:40 PM
The Ncaa is going to cover for the bigs with the Scam excuse in that the HCs had no idea that their minions were arranging all this.

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 01:01 PM
He did? Where. Calm down calling for everyone with 10 posts to be banned..

First of all, I don’t call for every poster below 10 posts to be banned. Secondly, don’t you find it eerily suspicious this guy’s second and third posts are jumping to an erroneous conclusion that the named party was Omhar Carter? He could talk about a number of topics but chose this one. Thirdly, this is the mantra from the Ole Miss fan base because they so desperately want us to be involved with this thing (which we are not). Just saying it’s pretty obvious he’s a bear troll.

Coach34
02-23-2018, 01:07 PM
First of all, I don’t call for every poster below 10 posts to be banned. Secondly, don’t you find it eerily suspicious this guy’s second and third posts are jumping to an erroneous conclusion that the named party was Omhar Carter? He could talk about a number of topics but chose this one. Thirdly, this is the mantra from the Ole Miss fan base because they so desperately want us to be involved with this thing (which we are not). Just saying it’s pretty obvious he’s a bear troll.

If we get more evidence of him being just a troll- we'll run him. Until then- he's been proven that he doesnt know what he is talking about. Hopefully the next time he posts it will be with factual info.

Student Athlete B
02-23-2018, 01:22 PM
My apologies. If there is one name I am worried about with this FBI stuff and us it is Ohmar Carter. When I saw his name and the date i connected the dots (too quickly).

There are some weird names on that list like Brendan Haywood for $300?

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 01:36 PM
My apologies. If there is one name I am worried about with this FBI stuff and us it is Ohmar Carter. When I saw his name and the date i connected the dots (too quickly).

There are some weird names on that list like Brendan Haywood for $300?

Got it but his name is Omhar Carter. Also the list you looked at was a player list. If they had paid Carter to give it to Kegler, Kegler’s name would have been on that list not Carter’s. That’s why when you see Omar Carter it’s correct to assume that it’s the player not the handler. Hell, they have Nerlins Noel on that list and he hasn’t played at Kentucky since 2013.

ScoobaDawg
02-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Got it but his name is Omhar Carter. Also the list you looked at was a player list. If they had paid Carter to give it to Kegler, Kegler’s name would have been on that list not Carter’s. That’s why when you see Omar Carter it’s correct to assume that it’s the player not the handler. Hell, they have Nerlins Noel on that list and he hasn’t played at Kentucky since 2013.

There ya go.. He was just trying to connect the dots and thought he saw something others would be interested in. Even if it was bad news, people would want to know.. and some people like to try and break news with out double checking things. Does that make him a bear? No.. an idiot who made a mistake? yea..

MarketingBully
02-23-2018, 02:50 PM
There ya go.. He was just trying to connect the dots and thought he saw something others would be interested in. Even if it was bad news, people would want to know.. and some people like to try and break news with out double checking things. Does that make him a bear? No.. an idiot who made a mistake? yea..

Lol, gotcha.

Token Bammer
02-23-2018, 08:42 PM
I can tell you now, Avery Johnson is screwed.

I knew he was screwed when he was asked about the Chuck Person arrest 24 hours after it happened and he acted like he didn't know who Chuck Person was, despite the fact that they played together for FOUR DAMN YEARS!!!

From what I understand, neither Avery Johnson or Alabama is in anyway worried about this investigation. Both have done their due diligence and have been given no reason to be worried.

TUSK
02-23-2018, 08:55 PM
From what I understand, neither Avery Johnson or Alabama is in anyway worried about this investigation. Both have done their due diligence and have been given no reason to be worried.

Wasn't Sexton held out at the beginning of the season as a precautionary measure while the FBI and/or the NCAA cleared him/Bammer?

chef dixon
02-23-2018, 10:12 PM
Is there a chance this could make it easier for us to get to the dance if some programs get in trouble?

Token Bammer
02-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Wasn't Sexton held out at the beginning of the season as a precautionary measure while the FBI and/or the NCAA cleared him/Bammer?

That is correct. Missed at least one game, maybe two. Cannot remember which.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 11:58 PM

So they aren't worried about it? I can maybe understand that if it was the NCAA. The FBI on the other hand would make me pucker up to the Max. Where they are involved the IRS can't be far behind. When THEY get involved, umlike every other branch of constitutional law, they don't have to prove you are guilty, YOU have to prove you are innocent. All they have to do is accuse you, and if you can't provide ironclad proof you are innocent, you are guilty.

Ari Gold
02-24-2018, 11:07 AM

Ok...

MarketingBully
02-24-2018, 11:09 AM

I’d be worried about Nick Stapleton and why Sexton’s personal trainer was working as a runner for Dawkins/ASM.