PDA

View Full Version : Jamoral Graham

Phillipms11
02-23-2018, 05:33 AM
Do y?all remember this guy? Him and Mullen didn?t do very well together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK5ZVRgvgA&feature=share

Bully13
02-23-2018, 08:51 AM
wasn't this the guy nicknamed 'Smokey" ?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-23-2018, 09:35 AM

Yes what about him?

BulldogDX55
02-23-2018, 09:41 AM
wasn't this the guy nicknamed 'Smokey" ?

That's the one.

Bully13
02-23-2018, 09:55 AM
he got a misdemeanor DUI in Jan '17 after completing his Jr. season. reports are is that he quit the team saying nothing but good things and thanking MSU but said he's moving on via twitter. had a successful SR season at Delta State and tried out at the combines. hoping to land in the NFL now. would have been nice to have had him last year.

Phillipms11
02-23-2018, 10:13 AM
he got a misdemeanor DUI in Jan '17 after completing his Jr. season. reports are is that he quit the team saying nothing but good things and thanking MSU but said he's moving on via twitter. had a successful SR season at Delta State and tried out at the combines. hoping to land in the NFL now. would have been nice to have had him last year.

He emailed me and asked me to cut him a highlight tape. Have me some insight on a few things and how they went down from his perspective.

the peeper
02-23-2018, 10:25 AM
I remember him as fumbling more punt returns than ones he fielded cleanly, he was horrible as a returner. The choice of music on the video, well......

Phillipms11
02-23-2018, 10:32 AM
I remember him as fumbling more punt returns than ones he fielded cleanly, he was horrible as a returner. The choice of music on the video, well......

He was a freshman when he was returning punts, and I let the athletes pick their own music, I just edit the film they give me.

deltadawg99
02-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Immaturity was his biggest issue. He was a freak athlete and i wish he would have stuck around.

I also wish we would have redshirted him to help him find a true position instead of wasting a year at WR.

louisvilledawg
02-23-2018, 10:52 AM
He was a freshman when he was returning punts, and I let the athletes pick their own music, I just edit the film they give me.

So him being a freshman is an excuse for fumbling punts? Nice. I'm gonna start using that one.

Bully13
02-23-2018, 10:54 AM
So him being a freshman is an excuse for fumbling punts? Nice. I'm gonna start using that one.

big 17, he sucked at catching punts. so 17ing what? he was good as a CB. sure would have liked having his "immaturity " at the egg bowl last year.

Coach34
02-23-2018, 10:55 AM
I said it then and I’ll say it again- it’s not very smart as a coach to have a true freshmen punt returner

Commercecomet24
02-23-2018, 10:58 AM
I said it then and I’ll say it again- it’s not very smart as a coach to have a true freshmen punt returner

+1.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-23-2018, 11:08 AM
big 17, he sucked at catching punts. so 17ing what? he was good as a CB. sure would have liked having his "immaturity " at the egg bowl last year.

He had his moments. I don't know if I would say he was good.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 11:21 AM

I always liked Smokey, he is a great athlete and I think Don Muffins didn't utilize him very well. Hope he gets a shot in the NFL. Good for him.

quickstrike2
02-23-2018, 11:35 AM
Remember him being a big recruit for us. Great athlete. I thought he probably should have stayed at WR. The CB position, while he looked good at times, there were some toast moments in big situations. I am not sure why Mullen continued to put him as the punt returner when it was evident it wasn't working. Mullen didn't seem to handle his ability correctly.

Phillipms11
02-23-2018, 11:53 AM

Freshman do tend to make more mistakes from my history of watching football. That’s not even very debatable.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Remember him being a big recruit for us. Great athlete. I thought he probably should have stayed at WR. The CB position, while he looked good at times, there were some toast moments in big situations. I am not sure why Mullen continued to put him as the punt returner when it was evident it wasn't working. Mullen didn't seem to handle his ability correctly.

His 1st 3 games returning he looked good. Then something happened & he just couldn't get it together. He muffed punts in 4 straight games. After that Ross took over & from then on Mullen only cared about fielding the punt gave a damn about a return.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-23-2018, 12:02 PM
He emailed me and asked me to cut him a highlight tape. Have me some insight on a few things and how they went down from his perspective.

Did you get permission from MSU before using their footage, if not Derek Cody will be all over your ass when he see it.

Video is out of my jurisdiction, I only handle the paysite information**

quickstrike2
02-23-2018, 12:10 PM
His 1st 3 games returning he looked good. Then something happened & he just couldn't get it together. He muffed punts in 4 straight games. After that Ross took over & from then on Mullen only cared about fielding the punt gave a damn about a return.

Want to say it was the Arkansas game when he put Ross back there after a first half muff. I was really glad to see it. I thought Graham looked good in the slot that season.

Johnson85
02-23-2018, 12:19 PM
I always liked Smokey, he is a great athlete and I think Don Muffins didn't utilize him very well. Hope he gets a shot in the NFL. Good for him.

Certainly Mullen thought a lot of him initially to let him catch punts as a true freshman on a very good team. Him getting lost in the shuffle after that, I don't know whether Mullen didn't utilize him correctly and whether Graham maybe didn't progress like he should because of immaturity, but I find it hard to believe his potential wasn't much higher than was realized based on Mullen's initial evaluation of him.

Hopefully he makes it.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Certainly Mullen thought a lot of him initially to let him catch punts as a true freshman on a very good team. Him getting lost in the shuffle after that, I don't know whether Mullen didn't utilize him correctly and whether Graham maybe didn't progress like he should because of immaturity, but I find it hard to believe his potential wasn't much higher than was realized based on Mullen's initial evaluation of him.

Hopefully he makes it.

I thought Smokey looked pretty promising as a WR to be getting significant minutes on the field as a freshman and Mullen discarded him forever after a couple drops. He had his moments on defense but it always bothered me some that Smokey was never given a better shot on offense. I mean he was good enough to get playing time as a freshman which was rare for Muffins. Smokey was a victim of Muffins punishing players for far too long for physical errors i.e. dropped pass or punt. It's like he completely forgot about the player after he sent them to Siberia for making a mistake. I am glad Muffins is gone and I wish Smokey the best in his attempt at getting paid to play football. Hope the Lions pick him up and we can have Smokey & Slay to watch.

msbulldog
02-23-2018, 01:32 PM
You're right 61, about how he was handled. Smokey had blazing speed, we should have found some way to use him.

Bothrops
02-23-2018, 05:28 PM
Graham is an elite talent, could have played on both sides of the ball for us.

Todd4State
02-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Hopefully he makes it.

Dan does not like players with swag. See Josh Robinson or anyone else we had with any kind of emotion.