PDA

View Full Version : Jay Johnson(Arizona)

preachermatt83
02-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Don't be suprised if he is not the first candidate to interview. I'm not saying he ends up getting the job(he very well could) but remember this thread when you start hearing his name a ton when the season starts winding down.

Drugdog
02-20-2018, 06:15 PM
We will have JoMo and JayJo. Cool.

The Federalist Engineer
02-20-2018, 08:25 PM
I like west coach coaching for the SEC, is the Oregon State coach off limits

The OSU coach probably make less than MSU football recruiting coordinator, MSU would be quite the raise

Todd4State
02-20-2018, 08:31 PM

The OSU coach probably make less than MSU football recruiting coordinator, MSU would be quite the raise

As much as our fans thought Cohen bunted too much we probably need to stay away from anyone on the West Coast.

I actually think we had the right formula with the Cann hire- it's just that he screwed himself up. That does not mean that hiring another young coach like Cann would result in the same transgressions.

Ideally we would hire a combination of a Cann as a head coach and a Wes Johnson as a pitching coach. And allow them to build their program instead of rush into it like Wes did trying to get quick results because we hired him pretty close to after fall was over. I'll add I think it would be good if one of the assistants was a catching guru. We've been lacking there since Ed Easley went pro except for maybe Kruger.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Don't be suprised if he is not the first candidate to interview. I'm not saying he ends up getting the job(he very well could) but remember this thread when you start hearing his name a ton when the season starts winding down.

Is this because Cohen recommended him for that job or something else?

HoopsDawg
02-20-2018, 09:40 PM

nah

DanDority
02-20-2018, 09:55 PM
We just need to make sure our next coach is like Polk, in that he doesn't like women! He just loves baseball.

Todd4State
02-20-2018, 10:14 PM
We just need to make sure our next coach is like Polk, in that he doesn't like women! He just loves baseball.

We never had these problemz when we hadz Rooooooonnnnn Polk.**

I don't think I could stomach Polk III. And I don't think Polk would work for Cohen.

The Federalist Engineer
02-20-2018, 10:57 PM
We never had these problemz when we hadz Rooooooonnnnn Polk.**

I don't think I could stomach Polk III. And I don't think Polk would work for Cohen.

Polk probably doesn’t use a cell phone or have a twitter account, so d pics would never be a problem for him

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Polk probably doesn’t use a cell phone or have a twitter account, so d pics would never be a problem for him

`I see him on twitter all the time

Todd4State
02-20-2018, 11:21 PM

Yeah. And he has a flip phone. I'm being dead serious.

BuckyIsAB****
02-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Yeah. And he has a flip phone. I'm being dead serious.

What. A. Beast. I respect that

ShotgunDawg
02-21-2018, 01:13 AM

The Osu coach starts a registered sex offender on Friday nights. Just so you know

Todd4State
02-21-2018, 01:29 AM
The Osu coach starts a registered sex offender on Friday nights. Just so you know

Doesn't that pitchers family say he's innocent or something like that too? (sorry for the hijack)

I agree overall with what you are saying- I would cut Babe Ruth over that.

Did Oregon State know about it before hand? Because didn't the way everyone found was he didn't register one month and got popped for it?

Cooterpoot
02-21-2018, 05:57 AM
As much as our fans thought Cohen bunted too much we probably need to stay away from anyone on the West Coast.

I actually think we had the right formula with the Cann hire- it's just that he screwed himself up. That does not mean that hiring another young coach like Cann would result in the same transgressions.

Ideally we would hire a combination of a Cann as a head coach and a Wes Johnson as a pitching coach. And allow them to build their program instead of rush into it like Wes did trying to get quick results because we hired him pretty close to after fall was over. I'll add I think it would be good if one of the assistants was a catching guru. We've been lacking there since Ed Easley went pro except for maybe Kruger.

If we can’t get a proven guy, then it’s time to stop talking about our program like it’s still 1985. If we’re a blue blood, we get a proven coach. This isn’t MSU football.

The Federalist Engineer
02-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Doesn't that pitchers family say he's innocent or something like that too? (sorry for the hijack)

I agree overall with what you are saying- I would cut Babe Ruth over that.

Did Oregon State know about it before hand? Because didn't the way everyone found was he didn't register one month and got popped for it?

Welp, I researched Pat Casey a bit and he is a committed beaver. He even rejected interest in the Texas job. Also he makes +$1M

RougeDawg
02-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Damn. When did twitter come out with a typewriter app?

ETDawg
02-21-2018, 06:41 PM

Not really. Oregon authorities thought he needed to register. Filed some form or something. Turns out they were wrong. So he was "outted" on a mistake of someone else's doing

DanDority
02-21-2018, 08:17 PM

This was only a joke by the way.

Johnson85
02-21-2018, 08:18 PM

So he's committed to winning. Sounds like what we need**

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-22-2018, 01:20 AM
Casey's not leaving the PNW. He was born in Oregon, played college ball in Oregon, played pro ball in Oregon and has only coached in Oregon.

Paul Casey = Chris Petersen

BiscuitEater
02-22-2018, 05:30 AM

No, don't think so.

?For the past six years, I have done everything in my power to demonstrate that I am someone my family and my community can be proud of, and show the one person who has suffered the most that I am committed to living a life of integrity,? Heimlich said in a statement released by a family friend.

Ray announced Thursday that Heimlich is no longer a member of the 2017 Beavers squad, as the junior decided not to join the Beavers in Omaha at the upcoming College World Series. The move comes a week after a report from The Oregonian revealed that Heimlich pleaded guilty in August 2012 to molesting a 6-year-old family member.

HossDawg97
02-22-2018, 09:28 AM
No, don't think so.

?For the past six years, I have done everything in my power to demonstrate that I am someone my family and my community can be proud of, and show the one person who has suffered the most that I am committed to living a life of integrity,? Heimlich said in a statement released by a family friend.

Ray announced Thursday that Heimlich is no longer a member of the 2017 Beavers squad, as the junior decided not to join the Beavers in Omaha at the upcoming College World Series. The move comes a week after a report from The Oregonian revealed that Heimlich pleaded guilty in August 2012 to molesting a 6-year-old family member.

Yeah, he was 15 at the time and it happened at his family's home. http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/luke_heimlich_sex_crime_surfac.html

02-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Pipe dream

KB21
02-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Define proven head coach for me. Two of the most prestigious jobs in college baseball have been open in the past two years. The Texas job and the South Carolina job. If by proven head coach, you mean someone who is currently considered an elite guy in college baseball, well, Texas hired David Pierce and South Carolina hired Mark Kingston. One was the head coach at Sam Houston State and the other the head coach at South Florida.