PDA

View Full Version : The Dispatch

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Just saw where The Dispatch reported that MS State athletic department was investigating Cann about all of it and a few baseball team members were interviewed.

I think we all know now why we looked like shit vs USM. Time to let that one go

Political Hack
02-20-2018, 11:33 AM
YEah. They were very distracted to say the least.

Cooterpoot
02-20-2018, 11:35 AM
So, are we talking Eustachy type stuff plus thumping dumplings with Danny's skank? Canns was obviously garbage.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Kind a gives a little more insight as to why our team looked unprepared and played like the bad news bears. Their Coach was to busy with things other than baseball. Man, Cann let so many people down, most importantly he let down his wife and children big time.

TrapGame
02-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Bo Bounds insinuated there were rumors about Cann before he took the State job. He didn't elaborate but said Cohen should have dug a little deeper on him. Evidently he had a rep as a man whore.

was21
02-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Looking back, it seemed curious to a lot of people why Tulane passed on him and maybe that was it but maybe not

Bothrops
02-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Dude thought he was a sensation around here. He fooled a lot of folks.

shoeless joe
02-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Dude thought he was a sensation around here. He fooled a lot of folks.

To be honest he fit the profile almost to a T. Guess I'm just a hater but this was zero surprise to me.

I mean the guy wears a tobagon inside**

LC Dawg
02-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Bo Bounds insinuated there were rumors about Cann before he took the State job. He didn't elaborate but said Cohen should have dug a little deeper on him. Evidently he had a rep as a man whore.

Maybe Cohen knew a little and thought it was worth the risk. I can't imagine Cohen not being thorough. That may be why he was so quick to act on this. He may have warned Cann that he was on a one strike policy.

VandelayIndustries
02-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Looking back, it seemed curious to a lot of people why Tulane passed on him and maybe that was it but maybe not

This is a good point, thought them not hiring Cann was insane. They may have found dirt on him

Ari Gold
02-20-2018, 11:58 AM

That’s Bo being Bo. **** that..

Cooterpoot
02-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Cann is an example of why we need to be hiring proven coaches. If we can't do that this time- with so much time to find someone, the best facilities in the country, and the tradition, then we aren't the program we all believe we are and it's time to realize it.

TrapGame
02-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Maybe Cohen knew a little and thought it was worth the risk. I can't imagine Cohen not being thorough. That may be why he was so quick to act on this. He may have warned Cann that he was on a one strike policy.

"I've got one rule, son. Keep it in your pants."

TrapGame
02-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Yeah, funny how Bo knows shit AFTER it happens.

HancockCountyDog
02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.

gtowndawg
02-20-2018, 12:04 PM
"I've got one rule, son. Keep it in your pants."

I remember John Bramlett spoke at my high school FCA meeting once. Early 90's. I was probably 16 at the time. He asked the girls to leave for a few minutes and the only thing I remember him saying was "you can't say no once your dick gets hard."

I'm not paraphrasing, that's exactly what he said.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2018, 12:05 PM
Yeah, funny how Bo knows shit AFTER it happens.

Absolutely amazing isnt it? He always seems to have known all along. It's why I quit listening to him a long time ago.

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2018, 12:05 PM

Yeah its easy to say now. Bo is obviously a saint himself

BeardoMSU
02-20-2018, 12:07 PM
then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xT0GqfvuVpNqEf3z2w/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
02-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Or Maybe Bo was full of shit.

BeardoMSU
02-20-2018, 12:08 PM
I remember John Bramlett spoke at my high school FCA meeting once. Early 90's. I was probably 16 at the time. He asked the girls to leave for a few minutes and the only thing I remember him saying was "you can't say no once your dick gets hard."

I'm not paraphrasing, that's exactly what he said.

Holy shit...at a high school FCA meeting?

HancockCountyDog
02-20-2018, 12:09 PM

That was basically our baseball coach - no one cared because of all the winning. I still wouldn't care, you know - because of the winning and recruiting at elite level thing.

BeardoMSU
02-20-2018, 12:09 PM
That was basically our baseball coach - no one cared because of all the winning. I still wouldn't care, you know - because of the winning and recruiting at elite level thing.

Yeah, good points. I guess I hadn't really put it all together, but you're right. Perspective is everything.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2018, 12:13 PM

I vote for this.

preachermatt83
02-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Cann is an example of why we need to be hiring proven coaches. If we can't do that this time- with so much time to find someone, the best facilities in the country, and the tradition, then we aren't the program we all believe we are and it's time to realize it.

I agree with this 100 percent!!!!! Rep given

The Federalist Engineer
02-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, did the team know about this last Friday?

If our boys were totally in freak-out over their coach, it explains our collapse and it means these three games don’t define our season.

We are fortunate to have Henderson for continuity and HC experience to call upon.

BrunswickDawg
02-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.

Why did this guy pop in my head after that description?

https://media.giphy.com/media/JIsfyNln6LMD6/giphy.gif

msstate7
02-20-2018, 12:42 PM

This is one of my favorite posts here, ever.

The Federalist Engineer
02-20-2018, 12:50 PM

In retrospect I know another dude like this and the narcissistism that drives the behavior is potentially a problem. From watching SEC Network, we even know he likes to text ?swollen up? pictures at 5am.

Once you are 40 and have some kids, this stuff is questionable at the very least.

What I don?t understand is why a private relationship is getting him fired? Were pictures going to be posted by Strickland? Were players and recruits being informed by rival groups? Was the 6-ish blonde suing MSU? Was he ?me too?ed?? What about Dan Mullen, wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s

BeardoMSU
02-20-2018, 12:54 PM
wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s

https://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2013/06/sopranos.gif

sandwolf
02-20-2018, 12:55 PM

Hahah, this is spot on.

HancockCountyDog
02-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Bottom line is that he was banging someone that was either a student or in the athletics department, that is a pretty big no-no. Not sure how the story broke, but considering his latest videos of wearing ski caps indoors while shooting hoops and lifting weights, I'm not sure we are dealing with someone that was worried about appearances.

Avelso
02-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Bottom line is that he was banging someone that was either a student or in the athletics department, that is a pretty big no-no. Not sure how the story broke, but considering his latest videos of wearing ski caps indoors while shooting hoops and lifting weights, I'm not sure we are dealing with someone that was worried about appearances.

The coaching search will be very different this time. The IB made the best hire he could in November 2016. Most proven coaches aren't picking up in the middle of fall practice.

The Federalist Engineer
02-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Yeah, but what about Mullen? Is this not his problem equally to Cannizzaro?

Seems we are lucky Moorehead and Henderson are on-site and ready to go. This would have nuked two sports about 6 months ago

Dental Dawg33
02-20-2018, 01:40 PM

Great Post

Todd4State
02-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Kind a gives a little more insight as to why our team looked unprepared and played like the bad news bears. Their Coach was to busy with things other than baseball. Man, Cann let so many people down, most importantly he let down his wife and children big time.

You've given me a lot of rep over the years. Now it's my turn to give you some rep.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Of course he said that...he knew all along...

RougeDawg
02-20-2018, 02:09 PM

Yea, no doesn?t know dick. He can?t even get inside scoop on JA or Jackson Prep tennis. What makes you think he knows about this?

My source did say that people were warned that Cann wasn?t the sharpest pencil in the box. That was his biggest knock.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2018, 02:12 PM
You've given me a lot of rep over the years. Now it's my turn to give you some rep.

Thank you, Todd.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2018, 02:18 PM
In retrospect I know another dude like this and the narcissistism that drives the behavior is potentially a problem. From watching SEC Network, we even know he likes to text ?swollen up? pictures at 5am.

Once you are 40 and have some kids, this stuff is questionable at the very least.

What I don?t understand is why a private relationship is getting him fired? Were pictures going to be posted by Strickland? Were players and recruits being informed by rival groups? Was the 6-ish blonde suing MSU? Was he ?me too?ed?? What about Dan Mullen, wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s
There is a pretty much standard clause in every coach’s contract now that covers this. It gets you fired at most places.

gtowndawg
02-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Holy shit...at a high school FCA meeting?

Yes. There's a reason it's still burned into my mind 25 years later.

Mimi's Babies
02-20-2018, 07:10 PM

His contract.... is the reason...

maroonmania
02-20-2018, 11:10 PM
There is a pretty much standard clause in every coach?s contract now that covers this. It gets you fired at most places.

Yep, most places you would get fired. Probably not at Ole Miss and its apparently even encouraged at Louisville (see Pitino and Petrino).

maroonmania
02-20-2018, 11:16 PM

Agree with your sentiment in general, but really, as it applies to AC, what faults did we KNOW about until this bombshell dropped? I mean the dude has been the toast of the town in Starkville for a year and a half. Hadn't heard a negative word about him from anyone personally or professionally, not even from any anonymous message board posters. People that may have known some negative stuff obviously kept their mouth shut about it.

RocketDawg
02-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Yeah, exactly right.

TrapGame
02-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Heard some rumors this morning from someone that works in the AD.

1) Cann requested use of the school jet about a month ago to fly to Texas but he went to Gainesville instead.

2) Mullen is not out of this. This could get embarrassing for him too. The phone stuff just isn't her and Cann.

iPat09
02-21-2018, 10:01 AM

1) Cann requested use of the school jet about a month ago to fly to Texas but he went to Gainesville instead.

2) Mullen is not out of this. This could get embarrassing for him too. The phone stuff just isn't her and Cann.

Did he think he could hide the fact he used a jet owned by the university and registered with the FAA to go to a completely different part of the country than what he requested it for? Man's dumb.

Bulldog1
02-21-2018, 10:05 AM

I’m interested in this right here...

Commercecomet24
02-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Did he think he could hide the fact he used a jet owned by the university and registered with the FAA to go to a completely different part of the country than what he requested it for? Man's dumb.

Sometimes people that reach his station in life think they're untouchable. 10 foot tall and bulletproof. Eventually it all comes out. I agree he wasn't very bright.

maroonmania
02-21-2018, 10:16 AM

If Mullen is proven to be involved with his own recruiting coordinator that would be bad news for him given the boss-subordinate relationship there.

PassInterference
02-21-2018, 10:33 AM

Good point. If we are an elite program, we shouldn?t have to hire up & comers.

RocketDawg
02-21-2018, 10:51 AM

You'd think he'd go see his girlfriend at his own expense, on his own time. If he did that, it's worse than dumb.

shoeless joe
02-21-2018, 10:52 AM

ISWYDT

RougeDawg
02-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Pay attention to #2 here. There are FOIA requests for she and and Dons phones as we speak. There are some hungry underpaid journalists setting up shop in the swamp. Their main target is Merlin?s. Secondary target is Loafers. These journalists know Loafers was covering up when he was in Stark and they know she recruits Dons D more than actual players. Bout to get real. Benedict Arnold always loses in the end.

MaroonBelle
02-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Just had an interesting twitter convo with Brant Blaylock's mom. Was tweeting yesterday with someone about Brant and how we thought he would turn out to be a big loss to us in the same way as Luke Reynolds. Great kid, lots of talent, leader and dreamed of playing for State. He's playing really well for his JUCO and is committed to Southern Miss. She plainly stated that Cann was the reason he left because he "knew what wasn't good for him." This kid is not a "problem" kid. This is the kind of young man any program needs and wants. He didn't leave because of playing time, he didn't leave because of disciplinary reasons...he left because Cann and the evironment he created "wasn't good for him."

Bothrops
02-21-2018, 11:34 AM
If Mullen is proven to be involved with his own recruiting coordinator that would be bad news for him given the boss-subordinate relationship there.

Quid pro quo. And if a proven illicit relationship is uncovered, UF would have to terminate him. Stricklin would likely be out as well.

RougeDawg
02-21-2018, 11:40 AM

To be honest, we are not the program everyone is still stuck in the 90?s on. We got passed up by some pretty shitty programs when we brought Polk back. Vandy and South Caroline are just two who passed us by. We are still a top 25 baseball program but we aren?t anywhere near where we should be. Thank LT for that.

Just putting this in perspective. At some point we have to stop stepping on our own Dick?s to take the next step and win something of meaning.