PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I have been reading all of these sites that think our game will be close tomorrow. With that being said, I feel like Special Teams could play a major role in tomorrow's game...and that scares the shit out of me.

Do we know if Bell is still going to be kicking all of he field goals for us?

Also, I think our punt return team and field goal block team, needs to be constantly expecting fakes in this game against ole Lester. LSU does not respect or fear us, so don't be surprised to see Les pull out some shit just for fun against us. We have to take advantage of every boneheaded decision he makes.

And finally, we have got to have our return guys take a knee if the ball is in the end zone. We can't be starting on our 10 yard line because we get cute and run a ball out of the end zone. We also have to avoid muffed punts (Jameon), and overall limit turnovers.

If we can win the Special Teams battle, we could very well end up winning this game if it ends up as close as the "experts" think it will. Stopping a fake punt, and making all of our field goals could cause as much as a 10-13 point swing in this one.

I really hope we see Mullen and Company come out with a great game plan and that we make all of the routine plays. We can beat this team if we avoid stupidity. I still expect a 10-14 point loss because I worry about Special Teams and our secondary....but that doesn't mean we can't get it done.

HailState

BulldogBear
10-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I have been reading all of these sites that think our game will be close tomorrow. With that being said, I feel like Special Teams could play a major role in tomorrow's game...and that scares the shit out of me.

Do we know if Bell is still going to be kicking all of he field goals for us?

Also, I think our punt return team and field goal block team, needs to be constantly expecting fakes in this game against ole Lester. LSU does not respect or fear us, so don't be surprised to see Les pull out some shit just for fun against us. We have to take advantage of every boneheaded decision he makes.

And finally, we have got to have our return guys take a knee if the ball is in the end zone. We can't be starting on our 10 yard line because we get cute and run a ball out of the end zone. We also have to avoid muffed punts (Jameon), and overall limit turnovers.

If we can win the Special Teams battle, we could very well end up winning this game if it ends up as close as the "experts" think it will. Stopping a fake punt, and making all of our field goals could cause as much as a 10-13 point swing in this one.

I really hope we see Mullen and Company come out with a great game plan and that we make all of the routine plays. We can beat this team if we avoid stupidity. I still expect a 10-14 point loss because I worry about Special Teams and our secondary....but that doesn't mean we can't get it done.

HailState
Lewis scares me with those over the shoulder punt catches. He is going to muff one and I pray it's not a game like this.

Bell will either win some big game on a FG and all will be forgiven.... or lose by not making one. Either way his career will be made or broken by a single kick sometime this season... my prediction anyway

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Although we are better than ISU and LSU>Texas......I think we play them close with a chance to win at the end. Let's just hope we can seal the deal unlike IowaSt last night. I got a feeling LSU is going to let us hang around until the 4th, then they will wake up and start swinging. I hope we can with stand it.

Anyway......to get to that 4th quarter......Like you said, we will need a solid special teams game. No turnovers but receive a few gift turnovers from them. Also, don't give up the big play (hail mary to end the half or fake FG for a TD/1stdown). We need a pick 6 or punt return too.

I fully expect Dak to start. Tyler may play some but I believe his status is a smoke screen at this point. However, I think Mullen's game plan will be very conservative regardless of QB. I wish we could have saved all those Troy trick plays for Saturday.

maroonmania
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Lewis scares me with those over the shoulder punt catches. He is going to muff one and I pray it's not a game like this.

Bell will either win some big game on a FG and all will be forgiven.... or lose by not making one. Either way his career will be made or broken by a single kick sometime this season... my prediction anyway

If Bell trots on the field to kick any FG under 40 yards then our coaching staff is comprised of either very hardheaded or very stupid people. Neither is good.

Bubb Rubb
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Lewis scares me in general. He is athletic and makes good plays, but he also does some really stupid stuff too. I don't like him returning punts and kicks. He brings too many kicks out that he should kneel on, and he dances too much.

Bullmutt
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
This is a winnable game for us, but [I]only[I] if we play aggressively the whole game regardless of the score. We are expected to lose, so why not take some calculated risks if it may give us a shot to win? It's difficult as a player to have much confidence or stay fired up if you sense your coach doesn't have confidence in you. We need balls to the wall, pedal to the metal fpr four full quarters.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
This is a winnable game for us, but [I]only[I] if we play aggressively the whole game regardless of the score. We are expected to lose, so why not take some calculated risks if it may give us a shot to win? It's difficult as a player to have much confidence or stay fired up if you sense your coach doesn't have confidence in you. We need balls to the wall, pedal to the metal fpr four full quarters.

Exactly. We're expected to lose, so leave it all on the field. Take some chances, and give it everything we've got from a player and play calling standpoint. In other words, Mullen needs to be involved and aggressive with play calling the entire game. No more lazy assed play calling where we run a QB draw up the middle for 1 yard on 3 straight plays...that is just plain lazy for an OC.

I think too many times Mullen and Les get too caught up in the field position game and take their focus off of the fact that if they call a good game, we won't have to punt much. Look at every drive as a scoring drive, and don't let the defense dictate what we do, make them adjust to our offense.