PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

Bully13
02-19-2018, 08:29 AM
pretty damn impressive for his 1st year considering he hadn't played in 12 years . last year to play baseball was his jr year in high school.
dude could be doing other things with his life but he's grinding it out in advanced A ball and from reports he's working his ass off.

the Mets GM is confident he will make the majors.

I've always liked and respected Tebow and now I do even more.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/02/19/tim-tebow-will-play-in-major-leagues-mets-gm-says.html

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 08:40 AM
I'll buy a Mets Tebow jersey when he makes the majors. Hoping he has a strong spring training with them. He'd be phenomenal for MLB.

Todd4State
02-19-2018, 09:07 AM
I doubt he makes it. No GM is going to tell the media "yeah that guy has no chance".

Cooterpoot
02-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Baseball has changed. A .225 hitter that can hit 20+ HRs is considered and adequate hitter now. If age doesn't get him, he might have a shot.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 09:25 AM
I doubt he makes it. No GM is going to tell the media "yeah that guy has no chance".

He will sell tickets and the Mets will be a story in a city dominated by the Yankees. I think he gets a shot for this reason. It's a brilliant move by the Mets. Tebow will be the #1 story in baseball not Stanton and Judge.

Coach34
02-19-2018, 09:32 AM
We'll find out alot this Spring as he heads to AA ball.

Cooterpoot
02-19-2018, 09:35 AM
We'll find out alot this Spring as he heads to AA ball.

This too. AA is going to be tough for him to handle IMO.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Nice clip of him going opposite field yard for a walk off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmdYyklp8o

Bully13
02-19-2018, 09:42 AM
this one shows him taking a few pitches before going yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs39nyQ6LEQ

Bully13
02-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Here's one where he steps away from the on deck circle to shake the hand of an autistic child which causes the child to cry because he's so overjoyed with emotion. Then Tebow steps into the batters box and crushes an opposite field 3 run HR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J8RuaUA180

msstate7
02-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Baseball has changed. A .225 hitter that can hit 20+ HRs is considered and adequate hitter now. If age doesn't get him, he might have a shot.

According to his obp and defense

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 10:30 AM

No.

Not all .225 hitters are created equal.

Tim Tebow had an OPS below .700. His OBP and SLG numbers suck. And he's shown nothing to demonstrate he can hit 20 HRs. He hit 8 last season. Oh yeah, and he's a defensive liability. All of this in A ball last year.

By contrast, look at someone like Todd Frazier. He only hit .217 last year. But he got on base at a .344 clip, slugged .428, and played elite defense while hitting 27 home runs at the major league level. The guy had a WAR of 3.4 despite only hitting .217.

People who don't understand how the game is played will compare their batting average and think Tebow has a shot. He doesn't have a shot. The only thing he does of value for the organization is sell tickets. I love the guy and admire his work ethic, but he won't be a major leaguer.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 11:08 AM
this is a good article on Tebow's 1st year. breaks down his complete game. the highs and lows. I think it's too early to predict what will happen considering how long he was out of baseball and this being his first year back after a 12 year absence.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/so-how-did-mets-outfielder-tim-tebow-do-in-his-first-baseball-season/c-253230002

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 11:15 AM
this is a good article on Tebow's 1st year. breaks down his complete game. the highs and lows. I think it's too early to predict what will happen considering how long he was out of baseball and this being his first year back after a 12 year absence.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/so-how-did-mets-outfielder-tim-tebow-do-in-his-first-baseball-season/c-253230002

I just read an article from a scout who is watching him in camp right now. Said he "swings like a lumberjack" and "doesn't use his legs at all" and his swing "won't be effective against major league pitching." Defensively, he said Tebow "throws like he's trying to throw a wad of paper into a wastebasket" and he is "stiff and lacks mobility" in the field. This is despite him going through a rigid off season workout program designed to get him in better baseball shape.

But the best thing about baseball - the numbers will tell the tale. If he performs, he will make it. But he's got to become magically better at all of the following to even have a chance: hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, defensive range, and fundamental technique. Oh yeah, and the guy is 30. Most of the guys working through these things in the low minors are 19/20 years old. The odds are very long against him. He's never even seen a pitch above A ball and we're contemplating his major league career.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 11:18 AM
People who don't understand how the game is played will compare their batting average and think Tebow has a shot. He doesn't have a shot. The only thing he does of value for the organization is sell tickets. I love the guy and admire his work ethic, but he won't be a major leaguer.

Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
I just read an article from a scout who is watching him in camp right now. Said he "swings like a lumberjack" and "doesn't use his legs at all" and his swing "won't be effective against major league pitching." Defensively, he said Tebow "throws like he's trying to throw a wad of paper into a wastebasket" and he is "stiff and lacks mobility" in the field. This is despite him going through a rigid off season workout program designed to get him in better baseball shape.

But the best thing about baseball - the numbers will tell the tale. If he performs, he will make it. But he's got to become magically better at all of the following to even have a chance: hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, defensive range, and fundamental technique. Oh yeah, and the guy is 30. Most of the guys working through these things in the low minors are 19/20 years old. The odds are very long against him. He's never even seen a pitch above A ball and we're contemplating his major league career.

Tebow is always gonna have haters no matter what. Haters are jealous douche bags. If you find yourself hating on Tebow maybe you should ask yourself if you're jealous and be honest with yourself. You probably hate Tom Brady too. Haters smell.

msstate7
Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.

Mike trout lol

dawgs

I see msstate7 and bubb rubb beat me to it, but what they said.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Mike trout lol

Lebron James would sell more tickets than Tebow but he ain't playing baseball and I actually don't think Trout would sell more than him as crazy as that sounds. Tebow is a massive story just waiting for the Mets to drop it at anytime.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 11:26 AM

Yoenis Cespedes and Noah Syndergaard will sell many more tickets than Tebow if they are competing for a division title.

The only way Tebow plays for the Mets this year is if they are out of the playoff chase and playing meaningless games in September. In that case, you will see a modest increase in ticket sales.....they will go from crummy to slightly better than crummy.

There are only 25 spots on the major league roster. They are not going to give a roster spot to someone based on ticket sales. If they are competing for the division, which is what they expect to be doing given their power in the middle of the lineup and arguably the best starting rotation in the game, Citi Field will not need a gimmick to sell tickets. NY fans notoriously come out for winners, and stay home for losers.

He currently has Jay Bruce, Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Conforto, Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, and Mat Den Dekker at the MLB level ahead of him, and a host of AAA and AA outfielders ahead of him. His ability to sell tickets will not be a factor in whether he gets a promotion or not.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Tebow is always gonna have haters no matter what. Haters are jealous douche bags. If you find yourself hating on Tebow maybe you should ask yourself if you're jealous and be honest with yourself. You probably hate Tom Brady too. Haters smell.

I don't hate Tebow and if you read my comments you will understand that. My comments are based on his ability to play baseball, a subject you are clearly retarded about.

dawgs
02-19-2018, 11:28 AM

NYC ain’t the south. He’s not gonna move the ticker in NYC for more than a couple days, if that. He’d be more of a headline generator than actually attracting fans to the games. And when he’s hitting .150 after a couple weeks, no one is gonna give a shit about the headlines either. Someone that’d actually help the Mets win enough games to compete for a wild card would sell more tickets, maybe an Ahmad Rosario breakout.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 11:50 AM
I don't hate Tebow and if you read my comments you will understand that. My comments are based on his ability to play baseball, a subject you are clearly retarded about.

Clean it up bruh looks like we found the jealous one

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Clean it up bruh looks like we found the jealous one

Do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? I mean, anything based on fact or logic?

Wait...you're dawgs61....of course you don't. My bad.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? I mean, anything based on fact or logic?

Wait...you're dawgs61....of course you don't. My bad.

Jesus turned water into wine. That's not based on fact or logic. Tebow will shine in the city that doesn't sleep this year. That's also not based on fact or logic. Spell my name correctly if you're gonna use it Bubb Rubb and Little Sis.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Jesus turned water into wine. That's not based on fact or logic. Tebow will shine in the city that doesn't sleep this year. That's also not based on fact or logic. Spell my name correctly if you're gonna use it Bubb Rubb and Little Sis.

I doubt very seriously he gets called up to Flushing, NY this year. whether they're in the hunt in Sept or not. that would give the Tebow haters lots of negative ammo to throw at him. (denying a more qualified player a shot).... He's just not ready yet. I also don't think he's ready for spring training yet either and I hope the invite he got isn't keeping someone else whose more qualified from an invite.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 01:03 PM
I doubt very seriously he gets called up to Flushing, NY this year. whether they're in the hunt in Sept or not. that would give the Tebow haters lots of negative ammo to throw at him. (denying a more qualified player a shot).... He's just not ready yet. I also don't think he's ready for spring training yet either and I hope the invite he got isn't keeping someone else whose more qualified from an invite.

America needs Tebow in MLB. I hope he gets called up and mashes 65 homeruns taking the Mets all the way to game 7 of the NLCS before they lose to the Giants.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 01:18 PM
America needs Tebow in MLB. I hope he gets called up and mashes 65 homeruns taking the Mets all the way to game 7 of the NLCS before they lose to the Giants.

While you're at it, dawgs61, hope to win the lottery. You have an exponentially better chance of that happening than Tebow doing any of this. Most baseball insiders would be shocked to see him in AAA, let alone the show.

He will grant a couple of make-a-wish wishes, he will sign a lot of autographs, and he will conduct himself with integrity. Credit to him for all of that. And he will do all of that in Binghampton...if he makes it through spring training. If he struggles in spring training, there's a better than even chance he gets released.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 01:20 PM

In other words, it will be a miracle. Thanks for finally acknowledging this, dawgs61.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 01:34 PM
While you're at it, dawgs61, hope to win the lottery. You have an exponentially better chance of that happening than Tebow doing any of this. Most baseball insiders would be shocked to see him in AAA, let alone the show.

He will grant a couple of make-a-wish wishes, he will sign a lot of autographs, and he will conduct himself with integrity. Credit to him for all of that. And he will do all of that in Binghampton...if he makes it through spring training. If he struggles in spring training, there's a better than even chance he gets released.

and there's a better chance of winning the lottery than Tebow getting released if he struggles in spring training. I think you are jumping the gun on his chances since this was his first year after a 12 year absence.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 01:41 PM
and there's a better chance of winning the lottery than Tebow getting released if he struggles in spring training. I think you are jumping the gun on his chances since this was his first year after a 12 year absence.

I'm not making it up. There are rumblings of it in the press in NY. Tebow is popular in Florida so he draws crowds to Port St. Lucie. Binghampton, Las Vegas, and New York are different stories. It will be a novelty for a bit but it will wear off. They aren't going to block the development of a young player with high upside by putting a 30 year old, no glove, .200 hitter ahead of him. It's not going to happen. His value to the organization was positive press with the signing, and ticket sales in Florida. They got all of that last year. If he don't start playing better, he will no longer be of use to them.

Quaoarsking
02-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years.

I could see the Rays trying something like that in September, but I don't see Tebow making much splash in attendance or attention in New York.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 02:05 PM
I'm not making it up. There are rumblings of it in the press in NY. Tebow is popular in Florida so he draws crowds to Port St. Lucie. Binghampton, Las Vegas, and New York are different stories. It will be a novelty for a bit but it will wear off. They aren't going to block the development of a young player with high upside by putting a 30 year old, no glove, .200 hitter ahead of him. It's not going to happen. His value to the organization was positive press with the signing, and ticket sales in Florida. They got all of that last year. If he don't start playing better, he will no longer be of use to them.

his defense picked up the 2nd half of the season, I think he'll continue to improve. the newspapers are not calling the shots, the GM is. and the GM likes him. if he didn't he would have said "He'll get a fair chance to see if he can improve" but he didn't. he said that he thinks Tebow could make it to Flushing. but personally, I don't think the invite to spring training was wise. there are many others more deserving of that invite that him at this point. I still think it's impressive for him to have been out 12 years and accomplish what he did in his first year. dude's gonna get a chance, but I agree with you in that he'll have to get better. they will not let him continue indefinitely for the reasons you stated.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years.

I could see the Rays trying something like that in September, but I don't see Tebow making much splash in attendance or attention in New York.

I would say not playing for 12 years then performing at the level in his first year is something of note. But I agree with you, in NYC he's not going to be as much of a splash. but he'd be great for MLB overall. T.V. ratings would see a significant boost nationwide.

Coach34
02-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years..

They were all up his ass when he was with the Jets

ScoobaDawg
02-19-2018, 02:24 PM

Ticket sales don't equal wins. If they bring Tebow up to sit on the bench the NY media will crucify the management. If they bring him up and he plays and blows a game or sucks it up.. The NY MEDIA will crucify the management. Tebow has a better chance of selling more tickets being announced as the new Mr. Met.

On that note.. I'm not a hater.. but George Takei has a message for YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCb3bgUozh4

ScoobaDawg
02-19-2018, 02:30 PM

Your troll game is so weak dude...

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Your troll game is so weak dude...

Not trolling I fully expect Tebow to beat out one of these bums soon Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, or Mat Den Dekker. I don't expect Tebow to play over the 3 starting OFs Bruce, Conforto, Cespedes but I expect one of them will get an injury cough cough Cespedes cough cough and I expect the Mets will start falling down the standings and the fans will call for Tebow to give the team and fans an emotional lift and that's when Tebow will take the 5th OF spot on the MLB roster bumping out a bum.

msstate7
02-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Not trolling I fully expect Tebow to beat out one of these bums soon Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, or Mat Den Dekker. I don't expect Tebow to play over the 3 starting OFs Bruce, Conforto, Cespedes but I expect one of them will get an injury cough cough Cespedes cough cough and I expect the Mets will start falling down the standings and the fans will call for Tebow to give the team and fans an emotional lift and that's when Tebow will take the 5th OF spot on the MLB roster bumping out a bum.

Lagares can go get it defensively

BrunswickDawg
02-19-2018, 03:54 PM

I'd love to know what you are smoking, because its some high quality stuff. Side effects are delusions about the abilities of Tebow, but I could put up with that if it made me as optimistic as you are about the guy.

Tim Tebow is a great human being. He does tremendous things for kids and charities. He is not an NFL QB, and he is not an MLB OF, DH, or anything else. He is an above average CFB analysts, and needs to stick with it.

BeardoMSU
02-19-2018, 04:24 PM
First time caller, long time listener. Love the show, btw.

I've got a question...

Is it possible to believe both that: 1) Tim is a great guy (with a great charity, who was an awesome college QB, and a pretty decent tv guy)...and 2) Tim isn't Major League material, or NFL QB material.

?????
I'll hang up and listen.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 04:41 PM
I'd love to know what you are smoking, because its some high quality stuff. Side effects are delusions about the abilities of Tebow, but I could put up with that if it made me as optimistic as you are about the guy.

Tim Tebow is a great human being. He does tremendous things for kids and charities. He is not an NFL QB, and he is not an MLB OF, DH, or anything else. He is an above average CFB analysts, and needs to stick with it.

no. he's gonna give it another year or two and see what happens. and he should. being out of the game for 12 years and he just completed his first professional season. go read the article I posted earlier in this thread and tell me he should quit. no way. and it's not biased, it talks about the negatives and positives.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 04:44 PM

I've got a question...

Is it possible to believe both that: 1) Tim is a great guy (with a great charity, who was an awesome college QB, and a pretty decent tv guy)...and 2) Tim isn't Major League material, or NFL QB material.

?????
I'll hang up and listen.

sure it's possible. but then again he just might get better. we'll see. after 12 years of not playing, what he did year ONE is quite impressive IMO. go read that article I posted earlier in the thread. very unbiased with good stats.

dawgs
02-19-2018, 04:53 PM
The problem is that Tebow may get better, but he?s already on the wrong side of 30. Even if he spends a few years improving and becomes a MLB caliber OF or DH, he?ll be 32-34. At that age in the post-roid era, even many of the best players are becoming a shell of their former selves. I seriously doubt Tebow is ever a legitimate MLB player, but even if (a big if) he develops, he squeezes in a couple seasons before age catches up to him. A smart franchise would rather give those ABs to a <25 year old who can potentially contribute to the team over the entirety of his team control years. Tebow would be 38-40 before he was out from under team control.

I mean there?s always a 1 in a million chance, but there?s a minuscule chance I could turn into a MLB player too.

dawgs
02-19-2018, 04:54 PM

I've got a question...

?????
I'll hang up and listen.

It depends, can you be critical of Tebow as a NFL QB and MLB prospect without being a “hater” of Tebow as a person? The Tebow fluffers don’t seem to think so. Should note that no one in here attacked Tebow’s character, religion, charity work, etc.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 04:58 PM

I believe in the unbelievable in life. It's just my makeup. I believe in humans to do seemingly impossible things. If I would tell you in 2005 that Dustin Pedroia would be the starting 2b for the Red Sox for over a decade straight, win an MVP, win 2 World Series and hit over 140 career homeruns you'd ask me what I was smoking just like you did here. People do amazing things every single day. I believe Tebow isn't done showing us to stop underestimating him.

dawgs
02-19-2018, 05:29 PM
I believe in the unbelievable in life. It's just my makeup. I believe in humans to do seemingly impossible things. If I would tell you in 2005 that Dustin Pedroia would be the starting 2b for the Red Sox for over a decade straight, win an MVP, win 2 World Series and hit over 140 career homeruns you'd ask me what I was smoking just like you did here. People do amazing things every single day. I believe Tebow isn't done showing us to stop underestimating him.

Sure I’d believe you. In 2005, at the age of 21, Pedroia slashed .293/.385/.452 with more BBS than Ks in AA and AAA. He was also a 2nd round draft pick. Looks like at worst you have an average future MLB starter with those numbers at that level at that age. I don’t see how this is comparable to tebow’s situation.

BrunswickDawg
02-19-2018, 06:05 PM
Underestimating Tim Tebow is one of the more tired tropes in sports. The only time any one underestimated the guy was when he walked on the campus at Nease High School as a Home Schooler and said ?I wanna play QB?. He was a 5* recruit who signed with UF, played as a true Freshman, won a Heisman, was an intense competitor, won Nattys - but his abilities only took him to that level. Scouts said he would have a tough time making it in the NFL due to his mechanics, the offenses, and the speed of the guys on D. They were right. Does he have some baseball ability? Sure. He?s a damn good athlete. But, as you admitted, it would pretty much take a miracle for him to make MLB. He hasn?t played since high school, and I bet most of his rec ball was in Upward leagues. He doesn?t have the talent level of Josh Hamilton or Evan Gattis - guys who were all world talents who washed out, took time off, and had the ability to make it back. That is the level of talent it takes to do it at his age. That?s not underestimating him, it being truthful.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Sure I’d believe you. In 2005, at the age of 21, Pedroia slashed .293/.385/.452 with more BBS than Ks in AA and AAA. He was also a 2nd round draft pick. Looks like at worst you have an average future MLB starter with those numbers at that level at that age. I don’t see how this is comparable to tebow’s situation.

Find dawgs if I was to tell you in 1998 Dustin Pedroia would be who he'd become. Better for ya now? Does my point resonate yet?

dawgs
02-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Find dawgs if I was to tell you in 1998 Dustin Pedroia would be who he'd become. Better for ya now? Does my point resonate yet?

I’m sure Dustin pedroia was the best or one of the best 14-15 year old kids in his region/state. He was recruited to Arizona st, a traditional baseball powerhouse, so I’m assuming by then he was on the radar as baseball talent by then. Given his age, he also had years of development and physical and mental maturation ahead of him and was still over a decade younger that most baseball players prime years which typically fall in the 25-30 range. Whereas Tebow is a poor hitting, poor fielding 30 year old that put up a sub-.700 ops against guys 10 years younger than him, and he’s already at an age where most players’ prime years are ending. And he spent 7 years playing in the NFL and CFB as a battering ram at QB, plus another couple seasons on practice squads, so his body has taken more of a beating than most 30 year old MLB players, most of whom stopped playing football sometime in HS.

So yeah, there’s no comparison at all. Picking one of the best teenage baseball players in the country and declaring they’d win MVPs and world series’ and play every day in the bigs for over a decade, I’d say you have a relatively good chance at being right (some of those teens are going to grow up and be stars, so picking one of the best teens gives you as good of a shot at being right as anyone). Picking a 30 year old who hasn’t played in 12 years and who had a sub-.700 ops and his .226 doesn’t have quite the same ceiling or expectation of success.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 07:15 PM
I’m sure Dustin pedroia was the best or one of the best 14-15 year old kids in his region/state. He was recruited to Arizona st, a traditional baseball powerhouse, so I’m assuming by then he was on the radar as baseball talent by then. Given his age, he also had years of development and physical and mental maturation ahead of him and was still over a decade younger that most baseball players prime years which typically fall in the 25-30 range. Whereas Tebow is a poor hitting, poor fielding 30 year old that put up a sub-.700 ops against guys 10 years younger than him, and he’s already at an age where most players’ prime years are ending. And he spent 7 years playing in the NFL and CFB as a battering ram at QB, plus another couple seasons on practice squads, so his body has taken more of a beating than most 30 year old MLB players, most of whom stopped playing football sometime in HS.

So yeah, there’s no comparison at all. Picking one of the best teenage baseball players in the country and declaring they’d win MVPs and world series’ and play every day in the bigs for over a decade, I’d say you have a relatively good chance at being right (some of those teens are going to grow up and be stars, so picking one of the best teens gives you as good of a shot at being right as anyone). Picking a 30 year old who hasn’t played in 12 years and who had a sub-.700 ops and his .226 doesn’t have quite the same ceiling or expectation of success.

You're just arguing to argue. I can't spark inspiration in your life bruh only you can. Good luck

Maroon Wizardry
02-19-2018, 08:08 PM
i think you are just arguing to argue. it's sad no one can't spark rational thought processes for you in regards to the risks professional sports teams take when investing in talent.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 08:46 PM
Tebows net worth is $4M. I Love what he's doing. He's working his ass off. His teammates love him. He's a great human being. I would love to see him pull something great off. This season will tell us more how realistic his chances are.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 09:48 PM

Man you are one dumb MFer. The best troll jobs need a hint of believability to be effective. Juan Lagares is a gold glove winner. Half the league asked about trading for Nimmo during the winter. He is going to be the Mets opening day leadoff hitter. Matt den Dekker is a plus plus defender. There are no less than 10 OF in the minors that would get a call before Tebow. The only reason they are putting him in AA is because he's 30 years old.

Nothing says emotional lift more than striking out twice a night, either.

Jose Reyes and Wilmer Flores, two guys who have never played OF in their careers, are getting time in the OF during spring training. That should tell you what the mets really think of your boy. Tebow isnt on anyone's radar. You will be an outfielder for the Mets before Tim Tebow. I realize you are just trolling at this point because nobody is this stupid, but as someone else said, your troll game is weak.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 10:02 PM
61s trolling on the overly optimistic side but he's right on the positive impact it would have on MLB overall.
To be convinced he has no chance After one year preceded by a 12 year absence from the game is stupid too.

Maroon Wizardry
02-19-2018, 10:04 PM
Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter on LSD. Clearly Tebow just needs to take some more LSD.

Dawg61
02-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Man you are one dumb MFer. The best troll jobs need a hint of believability to be effective. Juan Lagares is a gold glove winner. Half the league asked about trading for Nimmo during the winter. He is going to be the Mets opening day leadoff hitter. Matt den Dekker is a plus plus defender. There are no less than 10 OF in the minors that would get a call before Tebow. The only reason they are putting him in AA is because he's 30 years old.

Nothing says emotional lift more than striking out twice a night, either.

Jose Reyes and Wilmer Flores, two guys who have never played OF in their careers, are getting time in the OF during spring training. That should tell you what the mets really think of your boy. Tebow isnt on anyone's radar. You will be an outfielder for the Mets before Tim Tebow. I realize you are just trolling at this point because nobody is this stupid, but as someone else said, your troll game is weak.

You seem mad Bubb Rubb maybe Tebow can help you with your anger issues towards him and life in general

dawgs
02-19-2018, 10:11 PM
61s trolling on the overly optimistic side but he's right on the positive impact it would have on MLB overall.
To be convinced he has no chance After one year preceded by a 12 year absence from the game is stupid too.

It’s his age as much as anything. He’ll probably improve, but he has a very very short window to get mlb ready before his body is too old to produce at the level necessary. Guys that played baseball their whole lives see significant drops around 32-33 in the post-roids era and most are out of the league quickly thereafter.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 10:17 PM
You seem mad Bubb Rubb maybe Tebow can help you with your anger issues towards him and life in general

I'm not mad at all. Just in awe of your stupidity.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 10:22 PM

No it's not. Any improvement he may make will be offset by decline in ability due to his age. He's also not playing in a vacuum. He will step up to AA where the pitching is much better and defense is more important. He will have to improve just to put up similar numbers to what he did in A ball.

I'm rooting for him but he really has no chance.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 10:32 PM
No it's not. Any improvement he may make will be offset by decline in ability due to his age. He's also not playing in a vacuum. He will step up to AA where the pitching is much better and defense is more important. He will have to improve just to put up similar numbers to what he did in A ball.

I'm rooting for him but he really has no chance.

He does have a chance and you are NOT rooting for him. Quit hating.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 10:47 PM

I've said nothing derogatory about him as a person. He's a tremendous human being. He's just a really crappy baseball player. And if his name was Joe Tebow, he wouldn't be playing pro ball right now. Of course you know all this, but your rather go the route of the troll and call me a hater.

It would probably disappoint you to know that Santa Claus isn't real either.

dawgs
02-19-2018, 10:50 PM

I mean, he has a chance. Just like I have a chance to be the president of the United States. He even has a realistic chance to get some MLB ABs if the Mets do something dumb thinking he can get some press in a lost season. But it’s pretty unrealistic to think he has a chance to be a regular MLB player beyond a September call up chasing headlines and tickets. And in NYC, there wouldn’t be a boom in ticket sales. ESPN would probably run the shit out the headlines cause they have a financial interest in promoting Tebow.

Bully13
02-19-2018, 11:02 PM
I've said nothing derogatory about him as a person. He's a tremendous human being. He's just a really crappy baseball player. And if his name was Joe Tebow, he wouldn't be playing pro ball right now. Of course you know all this, but your rather go the route of the troll and call me a hater.

It would probably disappoint you to know that Santa Claus isn't real either.

You've said nothing derogatory because you have to hide your true feelings. Your deception is obvious. For someone to be age 30 with 12 years since he's played the game to do what he did in year ONE is impressive. This guy is not your average athlete. He's got the "it" factor going fot him. He's a mental elite, something you can't coach or develop. Let's see what happens this year prior to knowing we've got it all figured out.

Bubb Rubb
02-19-2018, 11:20 PM
You've said nothing derogatory because you have to hide your true feelings. Your deception is obvious. For someone to be age 30 with 12 years since he's played the game to do what he did in year ONE is impressive. This guy is not your average athlete. He's got the "it" factor going fot him. He's a mental elite, something you can't coach or develop. Let's see what happens this year prior to knowing we've got it all figured out.

There is nothing impressive about putting up a sub 700 OPS and a sub 940 fielding percentage as an outfielder in A ball. I say again...in A ball. Nothing about it is remarkable, no matter how long its been since he played, given his athletic ability and time to work on his game. He's only there because of who he is.

SEC baseball is on par with high A/low AA ball, so let that add a little perspective for you. He was out there against a bunch of 18/19 year olds. It defies all logic and common sense to suggest he is suddenly going to become a dramatically better player in AA. I understand these are inconvenient facts for you, but they are facts nonetheless.

Bully13
07-12-2018, 08:03 AM

https://www.app.com/story/sports/baseball/2018/07/11/improving-tim-tebow-its-now-never/764001002/

Sometimes dismissed as a sideshow or a novelty over the last couple minor league seasons, Tebow?s bat has caught fire over the last couple months for the Binghamton (N.Y.) Rumble Ponies, the Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets. Hitting .390 in July and .305 in June, Tebow bumped his season batting average up from .234, where it sat on the last day of May, to .270.

The surge made him an All-Star, at least a minor league All-Star, and speculation is growing that Tebow could get promoted to Triple A or even the big leagues later this season.

https://s33.postimg.cc/e03vbl97j/Reagan_Laughing.gif

Bully13
07-12-2018, 08:16 AM
There is nothing impressive about putting up a sub 700 OPS and a sub 940 fielding percentage as an outfielder in A ball. I say again...in A ball. Nothing about it is remarkable, no matter how long its been since he played, given his athletic ability and time to work on his game. He's only there because of who he is.

SEC baseball is on par with high A/low AA ball, so let that add a little perspective for you. He was out there against a bunch of 18/19 year olds. It defies all logic and common sense to suggest he is suddenly going to become a dramatically better player in AA. I understand these are inconvenient facts for you, but they are facts nonetheless.

https://s33.postimg.cc/e03vbl97j/Reagan_Laughing.gif

MetEdDawg
07-12-2018, 08:23 AM

This post did not age well

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Athletes can make adjustments.

fishwater99
07-12-2018, 10:31 AM
If he ever makes the majors it will be in September when the team is out of any payoff contention like this year.

Tebow will never be a full-time MLB player staring in April.

msstate7
07-12-2018, 10:34 AM
I love Tebow, but he has 2 numbers working against him...

Babip = .423
K rate = 35.6%

ETA... k rate appears to be getting better. Since beginning of June, k rate is 27.7%

DownwardDawg
07-12-2018, 11:12 AM
I hope he makes it, if that?s what he really wants. The world could use a lot more Tim Tebow?s.

preachermatt83
07-12-2018, 11:40 AM
I hope he makes it, if that?s what he really wants. The world could use a lot more Tim Tebow?s.

Amen

BrunswickDawg
07-12-2018, 12:18 PM
I love Tebow, but he has 2 numbers working against him...

Babip = .423
K rate = 35.6%

ETA... k rate appears to be getting better. Since beginning of June, k rate is 27.7%

You forgot the 3rd number -

Age = 30

Baseball players are in their prime from roughly 26-33. He's half way through that and is still trying to learn what most players are learning at 23-25.

Hot Rock
07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
That last number, is going to be the problem. He is running out of time.

If he gets called up later this year, then he has to stay up and be on next year's starting roster now. Even doing that, he would only have 2 more years or so before he passed his prime.

I don't see it happening for him but I wish I could go give it a try myself. He still is playing and has a chance. More power to you young man!

Dawg61
07-12-2018, 01:50 PM
I'd watch the Mets if he gets called up. So would half the baseball world. I hope he gets the call. Tebow, Bautista, Cespedes, Bruce, Reyes, DeGrom, Syndeergard, yeah I'd watch that team.

msstate7
07-12-2018, 02:06 PM
I don't consider age as much of a problem. I think if Tebow can make it on an mlb roster for a few non-September months this was a success. He's already set financially

Matty Dispatch
07-12-2018, 03:21 PM
I don't consider age as much of a problem. I think if Tebow can make it on an mlb roster for a few non-September months this was a success. He's already set financially

Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure what his baseball career is about, but it's not about money. He's written three books now which I'm sure will bring in more money than he'll ever make playing baseball. I'd imagine his main reason for playing is just to keep his competitive juices flowing, and secondly to see how far he can go - because you know he's going to give it all he's got. He's on SEC Network so it's not to keep himself in the spotlight. I'd bet he continues to play until he's played for about 5-6 years and if he's made it to the show, then he made it, and if not so be it. In my estimation, he will be in AAA next year if for nothing else, a way to help generate revenue for another Mets minor league club. If he can hit around .250 or so and the Mets suck again, he'll get a September call up. Maybe he'll make the opening day roster in 2020 and then fizzle out his career that year in AAA before hanging it up at age 33. That would be a tremendous success if he accomplished that.

lefty96
07-12-2018, 03:43 PM
The Mets should just promote him. They are awful, whether you like him or not, he's interesting and will move some tickets and sell jerseys and his meter is running age wise whether people want to admit it or not - Tebow maybe a great athlete but age takes away reflexes and older guys are struggling against today's pitching - period.

So there's no real loss in giving him a shot. If he makes it - great, if he doesn't he can get in the booth and get on with it.

Bully13
07-12-2018, 04:00 PM
The Mets should just promote him. They are awful, whether you like him or not, he's interesting and will move some tickets and sell jerseys and his meter is running age wise whether people want to admit it or not - Tebow maybe a great athlete but age takes away reflexes and older guys are struggling against today's pitching - period.

So there's no real loss in giving him a shot. If he makes it - great, if he doesn't he can get in the booth and get on with it.

I'd prefer the call up to be based on merit, not PR. Don't wanna feed the Tebow hating machine.

dawgs
07-12-2018, 04:38 PM
I don't think Tebow would move the needle much in NYC tbh. Yeah it'd be all over sports media, but i don't think the average NYCer will care enough to buy tix to watch a terrible team and an overpriced jersey for a guy that is purely there for media coverage.

dawgs
07-12-2018, 04:39 PM
I'd watch the Mets if he gets called up. So would half the baseball world. I hope he gets the call. Tebow, Bautista, Cespedes, Bruce, Reyes, DeGrom, Syndeergard, yeah I'd watch that team.

So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers? Degrom and/or Syndergaard is/are gonna be playing elsewhere in a few weeks too.

Also, whoever mentioned a guy's prime going to 33, that ain't really the case. In the post-roids era, most guys are slowing down noticeably once the cross into their 30s, even many of the best players. Sure there's always some that maintain close to their prime into their mid-30s, but they are few and far between. And most of those guys didn't spend 10 or so years of their life getting the shit beat out of their body playing QB from HS to the nfl like they were a fullback.

lefty96
07-12-2018, 04:45 PM
So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers? Degrom and/or Syndergaard is/are gonna be playing elsewhere in a few weeks too.

Also, whoever mentioned a guy's prime going to 33, that ain't really the case. In the post-roids era, most guys are slowing down noticeably once the cross into their 30s, even many of the best players. Sure there's always some that maintain close to their prime into their mid-30s, but they are few and far between. And most of those guys didn't spend 10 or so years of their life getting the shit beat out of their body playing QB from HS to the nfl like they were a fullback.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23916211/major-league-baseball-aging-cycle-how-mike-trout-becomes-albert-pujols

msstate7
07-12-2018, 04:50 PM

I wouldn't count on degrom and syndergaard getting traded just yet. Certainly could happen, but not many teams have the prospects to pull one of those guys

Dawg61
07-12-2018, 08:41 PM
So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers?

I certainly prefer watching Bautista, Cespedes and Tebow over whoever the 17 the Marlins are trotting out. Apparently all of Miami agrees with me.

Bubb Rubb
07-12-2018, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't count on degrom and syndergaard getting traded just yet. Certainly could happen, but not many teams have the prospects to pull one of those guys

Neither of them are getting traded unless somebody just blows them away with a crazy offer of prospects.

They are still under team control for multiple years at below market value, and degrom is one of the best pitchers in baseball, while Syndergaard is when healthy.

Goldendawg
07-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Jim Carrey says, "So there is a chance?"
Michael Jordan says, "Hello from Birmingham."
Bill Veeck says" Bring him up asap."
Goldendawg says, "I hope he does make the show." Would be quite another positive chapter to his life's story.

dawgs
07-12-2018, 09:49 PM
I certainly prefer watching Bautista, Cespedes and Tebow over whoever the 17 the Marlins are trotting out. Apparently all of Miami agrees with me.

I'd rather watch a beer league softball game than the marlins, but that doesn't mean I'd watch the Mets. There's still 28 other teams out there to pick from if I wanna watch a baseball game.

dawgs
07-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Neither of them are getting traded unless somebody just blows them away with a crazy offer of prospects.

They are still under team control for multiple years at below market value, and degrom is one of the best pitchers in baseball, while Syndergaard is when healthy.

Yankees could do it and are in need of a SP. Mets problem is they are old and don't really have much in the way of a farm system. Amed Rosario may turn into a star, but he has struggled thus far and doesn't look like he'll join guys like lindor and seager as the new generation of elite SSs. Conforto has been up and down and can't stay healthy. They simply aren't going to be ready to win before Syndergaard's and degrom's contracts are up. Trading those guys now maximizes trade value. Maybe the Yankees would give up andujar and another good prospect. Coming into 2018, Yankees had 7 prospects rated as high or higher than the Mets best prospect (Torres and andujar now in the bigs), they definitely have the ammo to get a guy and the need for another SP.

TUSK
07-13-2018, 07:04 AM
Y'all oughta quit fussin' 'bout Tebow's potential MLB career and just bet some money on it.

And while I'm here, and know less than dick about baseball:

How big a jump is it from HS, to the Minors, to the Majors? and what is the hierarchy of A, AA, AAA, etc?

Oh, and explain it so a 'neck, Bammer Marine can understand... some comparatives would help.

msstate7
07-13-2018, 07:59 AM
Y'all oughta quit fussin' 'bout Tebow's potential MLB career and just bet some money on it.

And while I'm here, and know less than dick about baseball:

How big a jump is it from HS, to the Minors, to the Majors? and what is the hierarchy of A, AA, AAA, etc?

Oh, and explain it so a 'neck, Bammer Marine can understand... some comparatives would help.

HS to minors (rookie/A)= big jump. Think 2007 bama loss to ULM.

A to A+ = this is where real prospects start separating. Think 2008 bama loss to Florida

A+ to AA = this is future mlb players start to really become apparent. Many prospects go straight to mlb from here. Think 2010 bama loss to LSU

AA to AAA = not that big of a jump imo. Lots of AAAA players and mlb wash outs here. Think 2010 bama loss to auburn

AAA to mlb = huge jump... the biggest imo. Think 2014 stomping bama took from Ohio state in playoffs or 2018 loss at home to miss state

BrunswickDawg
07-13-2018, 08:31 AM

A to A+ = this is where real prospects start separating. Think 2008 bama loss to Florida

A+ to AA = this is future mlb players start to really become apparent. Many prospects go straight to mlb from here. Think 2010 bama loss to LSU

AA to AAA = not that big of a jump imo. Lots of AAAA players and mlb wash outs here. Think 2010 bama loss to auburn

AAA to mlb = huge jump... the biggest imo. Think 2014 stomping bama took from Ohio state in playoffs or 2018 loss at home to miss state

https://media.giphy.com/media/4wycNsucv3ofC/giphy.gif

TUSK
07-13-2018, 09:53 AM

Congratulations, you have been promoted to "SDI" (Senior Drill Instructor) for the day.

dawgday166
07-13-2018, 10:46 AM

Outstanding ... LMFAO.

HotMop
07-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Congratulations, you have been promoted to "SDI" (Senior Drill Instructor) for the day.

Shiny black belt for him.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2018, 02:40 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/nAcBUt2UEJrDa/giphy.gif

Bully13
07-13-2018, 08:00 PM
I Laughed. I Appreciated the research. But Tusk didn't dish out low hanging fruit. Just Saying.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2018, 08:37 PM
But Tusk didn't dish out low hanging fruit.

Huh!?! Tusk's the "wiffleball" of message board hot-takery*******

LC Dawg
07-13-2018, 10:00 PM

Pure greatness!

TUSK
07-14-2018, 01:09 AM
Huh!?! Tusk's the "wiffleball" of message board hot-takery*******

You get the billet of "SDI" starting ~1 hour ago, when MSSTATE7's time was up....

Sublime retort, by friend.

edit: disallowed to rep you.