PDA

View Full Version : Hunter renfroe to braves? (Doubt it)

msstate7
02-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
Trade interest in Hunter Renfroe has picked up since #Padres reached agreement with Eric Hosmer, sources say. #Braves are known to be looking for an outfielder. @MLB @MLBNetwork
9:34 PM - Feb 18, 2018

Not sure if this tweet is even linking the 2 clubs or just throwing something against the wall. Would be nice to have inciarte, acuna, and hunter though

preachermatt83
02-18-2018, 10:47 PM
I would love that move

Bulldog1
02-18-2018, 10:51 PM
I wish!

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Renfroe would cost at least one high end prospect if not two on the trade market.

If I'm the Padres I wouldn't trade Renfroe unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

msstate7
02-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Renfroe would cost at least one high end prospect if not two on the trade market.

If I'm the Padres I wouldn't trade Renfroe unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Teheran for renfroe could work

Bulldog1
02-18-2018, 11:04 PM
I’m ready to see Acuna play.

msstate7
02-18-2018, 11:08 PM
I’m ready to see Acuna play.

Acuna, Albies, gohara, and Swanson (big bounce back coming) will be fun this year. I think Newcomb has a nice season too

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 11:10 PM
Teheran for renfroe could work

I doubt the Padres would want to take Tehran and his salary for Renfroe. The Braves would have to throw in another prospect or two to take what would amount to be a salary dump in a way.

I'm thinking that they would want one of the Braves higher end young pitchers in AA or AAA.

Homedawg
02-18-2018, 11:10 PM

I'm w you, based on how the padres are built this isn't happening, unless the braves part w multiple prospects. 3/4 he's 5 years away from free agency. Can't see it

Bulldog1
02-18-2018, 11:14 PM
Acuna, Albies, gohara, and Swanson (big bounce back coming) will be fun this year. I think Newcomb has a nice season too

I hope Swanson bounces back. I loved that trade to get him, and I hope it ends up paying off.

msstate7
02-18-2018, 11:16 PM
I doubt the Padres would want to take Tehran and his salary for Renfroe. The Braves would have to throw in another prospect or two to take what would amount to be a salary dump in a way.

I'm thinking that they would want one of the Braves higher end young pitchers in AA or AAA.

The fact the padres are listening to offers is telling to me that renfroe has lost some luster in their organization. His .284 obp and 29.2% k rate last season has certainly hurt his value. I am not sure I send Teheran straight up much less kicking in more

BoomBoom
02-18-2018, 11:42 PM

Yeah, but the Braves have such prospects to spare. Allard plus Wisler/Blair and a medium prospect should do it, assuming the Padres are low on Hunter.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 11:42 PM
The fact the padres are listening to offers is telling to me that renfroe has lost some luster in their organization. His .284 obp and 29.2% k rate last season has certainly hurt his value. I am not sure I send Teheran straight up much less kicking in more

Well, someone like the Braves calling the Padres up and asking about Renfroe doesn't mean that the Padres are listening to offers. A lot of these media guys like Morosi tweet stuff like that out based on speculation a lot of times. The way it looks to me and following a number of these baseball media people- this one looks more like speculation to me rather than fact. I'll change my tune if other national baseball media guys jump in.

In a deal straight up for Teheran the Padres would be taking all the risk and Renfroe has only played about a year. It's very possible he will improve and he could become a potential All-Star OF or GG OF that could be under the Braves control for several years meaning he's cheap for them. Teheran is going to cost 11 million I think starting next year and then 12 million with a 1 million buyout at age 29 and his ERA was over 4. There's a lot more risk and expense on the Padres part of it not working out in their favor without the Braves adding more to the deal to lessen the risk.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but the Braves have such prospects to spare. Allard plus Wisler/Blair and a medium prospect should do it, assuming the Padres are low on Hunter.

Something more like this 7 ^^^^^^^

Although I would be thinking more like Fried than Whisler because if I'm not mistaken Fried has had some injury issues?

msstate7
02-18-2018, 11:52 PM

Although I would be thinking more like Fried than Whisler because if I'm not mistaken Fried has had some injury issues?

I would do that in a heartbeat over giving up Teheran. Allard is tumbling in prospect ratings and wisher/Blair are pretty much DOA. I am interested in seeing Blair now that he lost 40 lbs this offseason though

The Federalist Engineer
02-19-2018, 06:06 AM

Fried was traded to the Braves by the Padres. Yeah, he is a California kid with a long TJ episode that ended last year

BoomBoom
02-19-2018, 07:20 AM

Blister and back issues 1st half of last season. Was healthy and dealing 2nd half.

shoeless joe
02-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Renfroe is frenchy without the average...think about that

Acid mouth
02-19-2018, 09:14 AM
I?m looking forward to seeing all but Dansby. I label him a sleeper.... like Rip Van Winkle, as he has slept thru his entire MLB career to date

smootness
02-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Renfroe would not cost all that much. He certainly would not cost Teheran. He's now 26. His value has come down a bunch.

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Hunter Renfroe in RF and Corey Dickerson in LF. They played each other in HS...that would be cool

msstate7
02-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Hunter Renfroe in RF and Corey Dickerson in LF. They played each other in HS...that would be cool

Those two cannot hold a candle to acuna

Bulldog1
02-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Those two cannot hold a candle to acuna

Inciarte, Acuna, Renfroe. That means no markakis, won’t it?

msstate7
02-19-2018, 10:13 AM

I doubt seriously we can rid ourselves of Markakis

Bulldog1
02-19-2018, 10:16 AM
I doubt seriously we can rid ourselves of Markakis

Are they still trying Freddie at 3rd. If they are, try nick at 1st?

msstate7
02-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Are they still trying Freddie at 3rd. If they are, try nick at 1st?
FF will be at 1b. Camargo (barring an unexpected move) will be at 3b

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-19-2018, 10:29 AM

CF - Acuna
LF - Dickerson
RF - Renfroe
4th - Ender

smootness
02-19-2018, 10:36 AM
CF - Acuna
LF - Dickerson
RF - Renfroe
4th - Ender

What in the.

Inciarte is a much better player than Dickerson, and a MUCH better player than Renfroe.

msstate7
02-19-2018, 10:40 AM
CF - Acuna
LF - Dickerson
RF - Renfroe
4th - Ender

Ender - cf
Acuna - rf
Markakis - lf

I doubt we get Dickerson unless someone will take Markakis

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-19-2018, 10:40 AM
I was just trying to rile up msstate7

msstate7
02-19-2018, 10:44 AM
I was just trying to rile up msstate7

I am chill, bro. I actually think the braves have a productive year... no playoffs, but the youngsters all play well and give us momentum headed into next season

parabrave
02-19-2018, 11:17 AM
FF will be at 1b. Camargo (barring an unexpected move) will be at 3b

Camargo at 3rd and Ruiz as the backup at 3rd in case they have to move cam to SS when Dansby fs up. Oh yeah they just signed Moylan to be a reliever.

shoeless joe
02-19-2018, 12:50 PM
I am chill, bro. I actually think the braves have a productive year... no playoffs, but the youngsters all play well and give us momentum headed into next season

At what point do u begin calling for snitker to be fired?

msstate7
02-19-2018, 12:54 PM
At what point do u begin calling for snitker to be fired?

When did I stop?

Barring a playoff run, I fully expect AA to hire his guy after the season

Bulldog1
02-19-2018, 01:02 PM
When did I stop?

Barring a playoff run, I fully expect AA to hire his guy after the season
Probably to early, but who can/ will we hire?

msstate7
02-19-2018, 01:05 PM

John cohen**

No idea

Bulldog1
02-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Haha.

shoeless joe
02-19-2018, 01:27 PM

Doesn't matter...they'll just be the next that he'll call to be fired

msstate7
02-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Doesn't matter...they'll just be the next that he'll call to be fired

I am sorry I do not think Fredi and snit are good. You would think in a profession where coaches/managers are just recycled over-and-over the great Fredi Gonzalez would have a manager job by now

Bulldog1
02-19-2018, 02:29 PM
I am sorry I do not think Fredi and snit are good. You would think in a profession where coaches/managers are just recycled over-and-over the great Fredi Gonzalez would have a manager job by now

Fredi no doubt should’ve been fired, and he was

somebodyshotmypaw
02-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Defensively, Hunter needs to settle in and not try to do too much. His arm was strong but erratic at times.

Offensively, it's about pitch recognition and plate discipline. Hunter has to walk more. And no pitcher will throw a power hitter strikes if said hitter is more than willing to swing at balls.

The bottom line is that Hunter has these great tools, and sometimes tries too hard to show them off. But if he doesn't improve his plate discipline, he's not going to remain an everyday player. The OBP and batting average will just be too low if he can't be more selective. When he gets selective, he hits around 0.280 with power.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-19-2018, 03:17 PM

Cardinals will give you matheny for a bucket of baseballs