PDA

View Full Version : Rick Cleveland trolling Todd

msstate7
02-17-2018, 08:12 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/02/17/luke-reynolds-makes-usm-better-state-surely-use-guy-power/

Haha

Noxdog
02-17-2018, 08:21 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/02/17/luke-reynolds-makes-usm-better-state-surely-use-guy-power/

Haha

He quit. Yea, sell that bullshit somewhere else tits. I will give Todd credit on one thing. That dude grabs hold of a narrative and never let's go.

The Federalist Engineer
02-17-2018, 08:31 PM
“They all look like 30 year olds”

-coach Cannizzaro

Wouldn’t surprise me if USM is not a rampant PED program. Reynolds was listed as 180lbs for us but looked 170lbs, now 215 lbs. I must be autistic to remember this crap.

civildawg
02-17-2018, 08:45 PM

-coach Cannizzaro

Wouldn’t surprise me if USM is not a rampant PED program. Reynolds was listed as 180lbs for us but looked 170lbs, now 215 lbs. I must be autistic to remember this crap.

LOL now we are acting like ole miss fans

02-17-2018, 09:10 PM
?They all look like 30 year olds?

-coach Cannizzaro

Wouldn?t surprise me if USM is not a rampant PED program. Reynolds was listed as 180lbs for us but looked 170lbs, now 215 lbs. I must be autistic to remember this crap.
Interesting observation

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 09:21 PM
He quit. Yea, sell that bullshit somewhere else tits. I will give Todd credit on one thing. That dude grabs hold of a narrative and never let's go.

From the article.

When 2016 was about to begin, he was asked to red-shirt. He thought he had earned the right to play. And so he transferred to Southern Miss where he had to sit out the entire 2017 season.

I'll just leave that here.

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 09:26 PM

Haha

I like Rick. And I hope he enjoys this as much as I enjoyed the time we beat his team last year. And the time that we beat the guy he called the greatest pitcher in USM history with Luis Pollorena. Hopefully he'll cover the series as intently next year too.

He can keep writing these fluff pieces as long as we keep beating his team in meaningful situations.

And Rick- you might want to do your homework because if Reynolds had stayed at State he would have graduated by now. So, it's pretty silly to say that he would be helping this team right now when he wouldn't even be on the team.

JoseBrown
02-17-2018, 09:27 PM

-coach Cannizzaro

I know chemo is no PED, but when I was on chemo I was 128. Now I check in at 208 on the reg.****

Noxdog
02-17-2018, 09:29 PM
From the article.

When 2016 was about to begin, he was asked to red-shirt. He thought he had earned the right to play. And so he transferred to Southern Miss where he had to sit out the entire 2017 season.

get over it. It was a mistake. It happens. You love u a narrative, LOL. BTW, He did NOT quit.

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 09:37 PM
get over it. It was a mistake. It happens. You love u a narrative, LOL. BTW, He did NOT quit.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/quit

Believe what you want to believe. I'll believe what is right.

He quit. He could have come back. He did not. Others have confirmed. HE QUIT.

It's not like cheating on a girlfriend at all. That's stupid.

Noxdog
02-17-2018, 09:44 PM

You are funny. Narrative. tits.

Johnson85
02-17-2018, 10:22 PM
From the article.

Is there a typo on that paragraph? He was asked to redshirt before 2016, and then he had to sit out 2017? Why didn't he sit out 2016 and play in 2017 of that was the case? Did he redshirt at MSU and then transfer?

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Is there a typo on that paragraph? He was asked to redshirt before 2016, and then he had to sit out 2017? Why didn't he sit out 2016 and play in 2017 of that was the case? Did he redshirt at MSU and then transfer?

I think that is correct.

I'm assuming what happened was he quit school at MSU after he quit the team meaning if you aren't a student- you don't lose any eligibility if you are not enrolled anywhere. He would have found out whether he was on the team by January that he wasn't on the 35 man roster so, that's probably the most likely thing that happened.

I'm also assuming he redshirted last year at USM while enrolled as a student because of the transfer rules. I'm assuming that because it said in the article that he was practicing with the team- and I don't believe you can do that if you are not enrolled as a student.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

confucius say
02-17-2018, 10:50 PM

It is exactly like that. And you have know idea if he could have come back.

And as for your bolder quote above, he had earned the right to play. Who cares about struggling in the fall when you just closed the last 13 games of the season hitting .500? You know who had the worst fall of anybody that year. Brent freaking Rooker.

confucius say
02-17-2018, 10:54 PM
I think that is correct.

I'm assuming what happened was he quit school at MSU after he quit the team meaning if you aren't a student- you don't lose any eligibility if you are not enrolled anywhere. He would have found out whether he was on the team by January that he wasn't on the 35 man roster so, that's probably the most likely thing that happened.

I'm also assuming he redshirted last year at USM while enrolled as a student because of the transfer rules. I'm assuming that because it said in the article that he was practicing with the team- and I don't believe you can do that if you are not enrolled as a student.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

He found out the day before opening day in 2016 that he was cut. Stupid ncaa rule. You do not have to make final cut to 35 until opening day. He transferred after spring of 2016. He had to sit out 2017. At least that is what I was told by juco coaches.

wasabaka
02-17-2018, 11:05 PM
I like Rick. And I hope he enjoys this as much as I enjoyed the time we beat his team last year. And the time that we beat the guy he called the greatest pitcher in USM history with Luis Pollorena. Hopefully he'll cover the series as intently next year too.

He can keep writing these fluff pieces as long as we keep beating his team in meaningful situations.

And Rick- you might want to do your homework because if Reynolds had stayed at State he would have graduated by now. So, it's pretty silly to say that he would be helping this team right now when he wouldn't even be on the team.

Dude, quit beating your chest on this point. You are wrong. If he had redshirted as he was asked to do, he would be a SR.

2015: SO
2016: RS
2017: JR
2018: SR

I used to respect you as a baseball poster, but I am out. You are quickly approaching Will James level. Just stop while you are ahead.

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 11:57 PM
It is exactly like that. And you have know idea if he could have come back.

And as for your bolder quote above, he had earned the right to play. Who cares about struggling in the fall when you just closed the last 13 games of the season hitting .500? You know who had the worst fall of anybody that year. Brent freaking Rooker.

I don't know definitively- but you don't know either because he didn't even try. "Earned the right to play" over who? Rooker? Sounds pretty entitled to me.

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 11:59 PM
He found out the day before opening day in 2016 that he was cut. Stupid ncaa rule. You do not have to make final cut to 35 until opening day. He transferred after spring of 2016. He had to sit out 2017. At least that is what I was told by juco coaches.

That does make sense because of the transfer rule.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 12:04 AM
Dude l, quit beating your chest on this point. You are wrong. If he had redshirted as he was asked to do, he would be a SR.

2015: SO
2016: RS
2017: JR
2018: SR

I used to respect you as a baseball poster, but I am out. You are quickly approaching Will James level. Just stop while you are ahead.

Yeah- but he clearly said he wasn't willing to redshirt and had he made the team in 2016 he would have graduated last year at the earliest. I'm not the only one on this board saying this either. I've seen it said on sixpack as well. And not by me. I'll let 8dog know that you lost respect for him as a poster as well over FACTS.

Rick was trying to take a potshot at us- and failed.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2018, 12:05 AM

So...are all the players that have transferred (in football, basketball, and baseball) to State over the years quitters too?

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 12:10 AM
So...are all the players that have transferred (in football, basketball, and baseball) to State over the years quitters too?

Nope. It's situation dependent on a case by case basis.

Noxdog
02-18-2018, 12:53 AM

LMAO.

Keep digging.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2018, 01:02 AM

Ah, dependent on if it benefits MSU or not. Case by case. I see.

Cooterpoot
02-18-2018, 06:31 AM
Rick is a USM fan. USM doesn?t look like 30 year olds, we look like 12 year olds. Hell, everybody is going to look big compared to our little guys. Canns better put an end to the midget recruiting.
This whole Reynolds BS doesn’t matter. He would be gone already had he stayed and nobody knows if he would’ve helped us or not last year. Move the hell along.

MarketingBully
02-18-2018, 08:15 AM
It?s very interesting. I looked at our schedule and if we can pull this game out today to salvage a game in the series it wouldn?t surprise me if we are 14-4 or 15-3 entering SEC play. Then some of these opening weekend melts would look really dumb.

Bully13
02-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Rick is a USM fan. USM doesn?t look like 30 year olds, we look like 12 year olds. Hell, everybody is going to look big compared to our little guys. Canns better put an end to the midget recruiting.
This whole Reynolds BS doesn’t matter. He would be gone already had he stayed and nobody knows if he would’ve helped us or not last year. Move the hell along.

nobody knows if he would have helped us or not last year? seriously?

Cooterpoot
02-18-2018, 10:53 AM
nobody knows if he would have helped us or not last year? seriously?

I?ll let you attempt to prove it.

BankerDog
02-18-2018, 11:48 AM
He would've helped us. And not only on the field but he would've been a leader in the locker room. Let's just say that the culture in the locker room is far from what many of you think it is.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Ah, dependent on if it benefits MSU or not. Case by case. I see.

Nope. Case by case like are they a grad transfer? Is their program on probation? Did they get kicked off the team for being arrested? Did their former team cut them?

I could go on but you're going to turn this into what you want to.

I remember people doing the same shit to me after I said that I could tell by Dan's body language that he didn't care if we won the 2015 Egg Bowl or not. As soon as Dan left a lot more posters suddenly agreed with me. It is what it is.

Coach34
02-18-2018, 01:31 PM
I?ll let you attempt to prove it.

We had Tanner Poole and Belmont in the line-up last year- he damn sure would have helped us

Coach34
02-18-2018, 02:26 PM
He also could have platooned in 2016 with Humphries- RHP's hammered Hump during SEC play- especially the last 2 months of the season

confucius say
02-18-2018, 02:38 PM
He also could have platooned in 2016 with Humphries- RHP's hammered Hump during SEC play- especially the last 2 months of the season

Rooker in left every day. Better defender and hitter than hump.

Then Platoon hump and Reynolds at DH depending on righty/lefty. It was easy to see then and easy to see looking back.

02-18-2018, 02:49 PM

Yep.

Cohen did some dumb things for sure, but I am ultimately ok with how it worked out. At the end of the year, we will see who is standing taller

maroonmania
02-18-2018, 04:03 PM
It?s very interesting. I looked at our schedule and if we can pull this game out today to salvage a game in the series it wouldn?t surprise me if we are 14-4 or 15-3 entering SEC play. Then some of these opening weekend melts would look really dumb.

Well you can forget that, we aren't salvaging squat. We can't even score unless the opposing pitcher walks or hits us. Yes, USM has a good lineup but their pitching is supposed to be rather suspect past the first 1 or 2 guys.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Well you can forget that, we aren't salvaging squat. We can't even score unless the opposing pitcher walks or hits us. Yes, USM has a good lineup but their pitching is supposed to be rather suspect past the first 1 or 2 guys.

I'm worried about our pitching too. None of our guys look any different than they did last year as of this first weekend. Other than the Tommy John guys just because they weren't physically able to be there. No one is attacking the strike zone.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 04:43 PM

Or Cody Brown.

confucius say
02-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Or Cody Brown.

We tried that. Brown hit .240.

Todd4State
02-18-2018, 05:09 PM

He did struggle that year. He also hit two key grand slams that keyed a big series win on the road against Florida and early in the year against Oregon and was a beast last year. Including our regional win against USM.

People kind of forget things like that in the moment.

confucius say
02-18-2018, 05:51 PM
He did struggle that year. He also hit two key grand slams that keyed a big series win on the road against Florida and early in the year against Oregon and was a beast last year. Including our regional win against USM.

People kind of forget things like that in the moment.

He was great as a SR. No doubt.

Coach34
02-18-2018, 05:56 PM

Cohen ****ed Cody Brown hard:

Soph- .309 for the season as a starter
Junior- .241 as a platoon/part-time player
Senior- .323 for the season as a starter

02-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Cohen ****ed Cody Brown hard:

Soph- .309 for the season as a starter
Junior- .241 as a platoon/part-time player
Senior- .323 for the season as a starter

I am going to go and throw this out there - I would have been happy with Brown in LF and Reynolds at 3B, over Humphreys and Collins. There, I said it

Our rise in 2016 was mainly due to Hudson, Rigby, Lowe and Kruger

confucius say
02-18-2018, 09:28 PM
I am going to go and throw this out there - I would have been happy with Brown in LF and Reynolds at 3B, over Humphreys and Collins. There, I said it

Dont forget Rooker. Think he hit .340 with 11 HR.

msstate7
02-18-2018, 09:32 PM

Collins had an ops of .921
Hump had an ops of .888

They were pretty dang good in 2016

Homedawg
02-18-2018, 09:40 PM

Wow. Just wow.

confucius say
02-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Looking back, we should have made hump a pitcher full time. He was 94-97 and turned into a good bullpen option with just 1 year of focusing on pitching.

Homedawg
02-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Looking back, we should have made hump a pitcher full time. He was 94-97 and turned into a good bullpen option with just 1 year of focusing on pitching.

No we should have just let him hit against lhp. He wore them out. Serrano no like rhp slider. And we ran him out there over and over against it.....and pitched too of course

confucius say
02-18-2018, 10:34 PM
No we should have just let him hit against lhp. He wore them out. Serrano no like rhp slider. And we ran him out there over and over against it.....and pitched too of course

True. That would have been ideal. Platoon DH against lefties and pitch. Damn Cohen. And I like Cohen.