PDA

View Full Version : Commit Nathaniel Watson arrested

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2018, 11:24 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/recent-mississippi-state-commit-arrested-charged-felony-drag-racing-accident/

Bully13
02-17-2018, 11:33 AM
247 shows he's already signed with our 2018 class.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this by some but I don't think this incident should deny him entry into college or deny him an opportunity to play football.

I hope he's ok and has learned his lesson and how stupid he was to have done that.

Ari Gold
02-17-2018, 11:34 AM
It’s not going to be nearly as bad as it seems.
It was dumb , no one was killed , it will all be ok.

whosyourdawgy
02-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Raise your hand if you ever raced a car in high school ����*♂️ I’d be willing to bet most of us have and a lot of us are lucky we didn’t wreck and hurt or kill someone This was a dumb thing to do and luckily no one died. He should pay his fines, do community service to make up for the damages done and still be allowed to go to school and play football Bet he will never race a car again after this

Bully13
02-17-2018, 11:41 AM
he may consider buying a 10 speed to get around for about a year , maybe more.

LC Dawg
02-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Kids have been drag racing since cars were created. The popularity of Street Outlaws makes it even more enticing. Kids don?t respect the danger involved. About 7 years ago my kid was with a friend when he was busted for being clocked at 120 on a four lane highway. I was shocked that they didn?t see what the big deal was. I say all this to say that I think Watson needs to be punished to understand what he did was wrong but I don?t see it as being something shocking or something that should affect his career at State in any form. I do hope the kid understands and regrets that his actions caused injuries to someone else.

shrimp
02-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Shit, them boys is having the time of their lives!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/recent-mississippi-state-commit-arrested-charged-felony-drag-racing-accident/

Dawg61
02-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Didn't read cause it's from saturdaydownshit. You might as well just post a nafoom or clarion liar link.

Dawgology
02-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Basically like clockwork. He will still attend state. Ole Miss folks will be fake outraged (hoping we drop him so they can sign him). Rinse. Repeat.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Well at least he didn’t stick his finger in someone’s ass...we can always go back to that one if OM douches wants to give us hell about anything.

Dawg61
02-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Well at least he didn’t stick his finger in someone’s ass...we can always go back to that one if OM douches wants to give us hell about anything.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ap6wcjRyi8HoA/giphy.gif

TXDawg
02-17-2018, 01:30 PM
I can’t believe they came up with a felony assault charge from this. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, someone got hurt. But how does this elevate to felony assault?

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 01:31 PM

Yeah. That's pretty hard to live down.

But he did have four stars by his name...

Todd4State
02-17-2018, 01:32 PM
I can’t believe they came up with a felony assault charge from this. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, someone got hurt. But how does this elevate to felony assault?

I can't figure that out either unless someone else was injured besides the person in the car.

Bothrops
02-17-2018, 01:42 PM
How the hell do you get charged with a felony for a drag racing accident where you don't hurt anyone? That SDS needs to be eradicated.

RougeDawg
02-17-2018, 01:47 PM
How the hell do you get charged with a felony for a drag racing accident where you don't hurt anyone?

The same way you can bitch and moan about the ncaa penalty matrix not being followed when you got off Scott free to begin with. It?s the old. What I do is ok and what you do is terrible, no matter the reality.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Shit, them boys is having the time of their lives!

Love the movie reference!

Rep given!

Percho
02-17-2018, 01:54 PM

American common law has defined assault as an attempt to commit a battery. Assault is typically treated as a misdemeanor and not as a felony (unless it involves a law enforcement officer). The more serious crime of aggravated assault is treated as a felony.
Assault - Wikipedia

Tbonewannabe
02-17-2018, 06:58 PM
I have went 130 mph in a car and 110 on a motorcycle when I was young and dumb. Boys do dumb shit but this was as much just an accident as anything.

Bully13
02-17-2018, 07:00 PM
felony assault my ass. this was an extreme reckless driving offense. prolly gonna lose his license for a while.

Goldendawg
02-17-2018, 07:24 PM
I have went 130 mph in a car and 110 on a motorcycle when I was young and dumb. Boys do dumb shit but this was as much just an accident as anything.

137 (summer of '87) in my '79 vette that I still have and 113 on my Honda 350 2 cylinder street bike ( high handle bars and sissy bar of course) on the way to Oktibbeha Co Lake when I was a Jr. at State in'76. I was dumber that you on both, so do I get a Rep point?**

DogsofAnarchy
02-17-2018, 08:07 PM

This will be a Plea Bargain down to a misdemeanor and fine. By the way, he signed already.

Mimi's Babies
02-18-2018, 08:55 AM
I can?t believe they came up with a felony assault charge from this. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, someone got hurt. But how does this elevate to felony assault?

I don't believe that charge will stick. Maybe a lessor punishment. Wonder if Om has shown up at his house like they did JS. just saying

Bully13
02-18-2018, 09:45 AM
137 (summer of '87) in my '79 vette that I still have and 113 on my Honda 350 2 cylinder street bike ( high handle bars and sissy bar of course) on the way to Oktibbeha Co Lake when I was a Jr. at State in'76. I was dumber that you on both, so do I get a Rep point?**

110 on my Honda 400 cc on a bumpy , crappy road between Greenwood and Slaughter. What a dumbass I was back in '80. Was high on weed as well. How the hell I made it to age 55 is beyond me.

Commercecomet24
02-18-2018, 12:02 PM
This will be a Plea Bargain down to a misdemeanor and fine. By the way, he signed already.

This. There?s no way any decent lawyer let?s the felony assault stick.

RougeDawg
02-18-2018, 02:05 PM
This. There?s no way any decent lawyer let?s the felony assault stick.

Well he better steer clear if any bearshart grads

BoomBoom
02-18-2018, 06:29 PM
I can?t believe they came up with a felony assault charge from this. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, someone got hurt. But how does this elevate to felony assault?

If he was the one in the far left lane, then maybe for coming head on at another vehicle at illegal speeds. I guess that could be interpreted as communicating intent to cause injury.

Drag racing over a hill in the other lane is a bit of stupidity beyond just going too fast.