PDA

View Full Version : Today was the first day you could check out your spot in the LFL.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Here are a few observations and photos.

1. Still great seats but it has lost its uniqueness.
2. Our crew should have plenty of room for all of our regulars but I know a lot won't.
3. Foul pole to foul pole the stadium is going to be simply amazing!
4. After all of these years, its going to take getting used to but I think it'll grow on me. Bottom line, I love MSU baseball and would be there if I had to climb on top of the Hump to watch it!

They were handing out new stadium rules for this year and I forgot to get a copy but I did read these two things.
1. No pull behind wagons will be allowed in the stadium on game day.
2. No large cooler with or without wheels will be allowed in the stadium on game day.

Now, what is considered a 'large' cooler? Also, what if you put a 'large' cooler in your spot on Thursday? Are they going to make you remove it on game day?

Here is the view from our spot:
https://s18.postimg.org/7ins5428p/20180215_162727.jpg

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Original post would only let me add 1 photo. Here is another of the lounge to our right towards the left field line.
https://s18.postimg.org/8yzamrcq1/20180215_163359_1.jpg

West Tn Dawg
02-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Not much of a view!***

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Storage areas for everyone is underneath the front part of the second row of spots. Just behind the guy on the phone in the previous photo. Their size is listed in the FAQs about the new stadium. The storage areas are metal boxes. There are two drain holes in them but those don't do any good if they aren't at the lowest part of the box. Ours currently has standing water in it.
https://s18.postimg.org/jykhydy09/20180215_170911.jpg

Todd4State
02-15-2018, 08:27 PM
I will be interested to hear your opinions after we have an actual game and also after a SEC weekend.

I think it's going to be great overall- although the drain holes in the top confuse me too.

West Tn Dawg
02-15-2018, 08:29 PM
I'm not seeing any pictures.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 08:31 PM
I'm not seeing any pictures.

Hmmm. I posted 3 pics in the first post and when I posted it, only the first pic showed up so I added two more posts with 1 pic each and it worked. I can see them.

Goldendawg
02-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Storage areas for everyone is underneath the front part of the second row of spots. Just behind the guy on the phone in the previous photo. Their size is listed in the FAQs about the new stadium. The storage areas are metal boxes. There are two drain holes in them but those don't do any good if they aren't at the lowest part of the box. Ours currently has standing water in it.

Drain holes sub-contractor, UNM Engineering Dept!

Todd4State
02-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Hmmm. I posted 3 pics in the first post and when I posted it, only the first pic showed up so I added two more posts with 1 pic each and it worked. I can see them.

I see them too.

mstatefan91
02-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Pics are working for me... lol at the drain holes

HoopsDawg
02-15-2018, 09:03 PM
it's going to be an adjustment. the LFL will definitely never be the same.

RocketDawg
02-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Drain holes sub-contractor, UNM Engineering Dept!

They have one?

West Tn Dawg
02-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Well Dang! Still not seeing anything!

Homedawg
02-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Here are a few observations and photos.

1. Still great seats but it has lost its uniqueness.
2. Our crew should have plenty of room for all of our regulars but I know a lot won't.
3. Foul pole to foul pole the stadium is going to be simply amazing!
4. After all of these years, its going to take getting used to but I think it'll grow on me. Bottom line, I love MSU baseball and would be there if I had to climb on top of the Hump to watch it!

They were handing out new stadium rules for this year and I forgot to get a copy but I did read these two things.
1. No pull behind wagons will be allowed in the stadium on game day.
2. No large cooler with or without wheels will be allowed in the stadium on game day.

Now, what is considered a 'large' cooler? Also, what if you put a 'large' cooler in your spot on Thursday? Are they going to make you remove it on game day?

Here is the view from our spot:
https://s18.postimg.org/7ins5428p/20180215_162727.jpg

Agree to disagree about uniqueness. It stil is. There is nothing like it. And after people modify their spots, not many spots will look the same. It's not stadium seats. It's still cool it has an great view and has the same people that make it. Now, the negative, storage is a huge issue and we have two storage spots. Don't know what we are going to do but guess we will figure it out.

AlSwearengen
02-15-2018, 09:26 PM
That place is going to be a spectacle during a super regional. I imagine the people in the outfield will do a good job putting their brand on it. Can’t wait to hear the baseball people ohh and ahh over the whole product.

BuckyIsAB****
02-15-2018, 09:29 PM
it's going to be an adjustment. the LFL will definitely never be the same.

Nope. Should've done whatever else we wanted to do but left it untouched

Goldendawg
02-15-2018, 09:30 PM
They have one?

So they say.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Agree to disagree about uniqueness. It stil is. There is nothing like it. And after people modify their spots, not many spots will look the same. It's not stadium seats. It's still cool it has an great view and has the same people that make it. Now, the negative, storage is a huge issue and we have two storage spots. Don't know what we are going to do but guess we will figure it out.

We're probably going to wait until next year to do any mods. We're going to wait to see what other people do that works and doesn't work. As for storage, we'll probably just put a big plastic container in there with plates, seasonings, forks, spoons and such and the radio. I don't know about the others I'm with but I'm just going to pack my chair in for every game. We're going gas grill this year so we don't have to eat up our storage with charcoal. My biggest concern is what do they consider a 'large' cooler?

Homedawg
02-15-2018, 09:33 PM
I. Ink you can have a large cooler there if you bring it on thurs and store it. Just not when you bring it in at game time.

Homedawg
02-15-2018, 09:34 PM
Nope. Should've done whatever else we wanted to do but left it untouched

This wasn't an option. Why can't people understand this. It was this or nothing. Just how it is.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2018, 09:41 PM
This wasn't an option. Why can't people understand this. It was this or nothing. Just how it is.

Exactly. It's 2018. Rusty nails and rickety structures had to go.

Todd4State
02-15-2018, 09:44 PM
That place is going to be a spectacle during a super regional. I imagine the people in the outfield will do a good job putting their brand on it. Can?t wait to hear the baseball people ohh and ahh over the whole product.

That's why I want to hear opinions once we play a game. It's going to be a lot different and even better once everyone out there has everything set up and then the atmosphere that goes along with the game being played. I think it will be pretty awesome!

Gutter Cobreh
02-15-2018, 10:05 PM

How?s Hobie going to fit his Tiki Lounge (w/ lights) in that????****

HoopsDawg
02-15-2018, 10:09 PM

I get it. I've been going out there for 30 years. It's just hard to swallow. It was such a special place.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2018, 10:10 PM
How?s Hobie going to fit his Tiki Lounge (w/ lights) in that????****

I saw the Tiki Lounge today but didn't see Hobie or anybody there. At the place where you enter each spot, they all now have numbers on them and most of them also have the name of the family, business or group name that own them on a plaque. If somebody tells you to come out to their place, it should be easy to find.