PDA

View Full Version : Sick of hearing it

MoreCowbell
02-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Sick of hearing it but wait until next year. Had you told me at start of the year we would be mentioned as a bubble team in mid February I would have taken it. 6-7 in the SEC and to be honest we could or should easily be as good as 10-3. Up 10+ @ Ole Miss and didn?t finish, should have won. Led top 10 Auburn by 12 at home, should have won. Could have easily won @ Missouri who is hottest team in the league. Should have won the game tonight. That?s 4 games where we could have and probably should have won but we don?t know how to finish games yet. That comes with maturity. Heartbreaking close losses like this will help this team going forward into next year IMO if we learn from it and understand every possession matters. This loss and Missouri loss really hurt because I thought we were the better team. Offense is improving, we just have to get both Offense and Defense going at the same time. I predicted, with many calling me crazy, that we would be top half of SEC this year and on the bubble and that in 2019 we would be a tourney team and competing for the overall SEC Chanpionship and I think we are right on schedule for that. It sucks right now but those are some positives to look forward to. An NIT appearance for this team is going to be huge this year and that is still definitely within reach.

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 10:57 PM
Sick of hearing it but wait until next year. Had you told me at start of the year we would be mentioned as a bubble team in mid February I would have taken it. 6-7 in the SEC and to be honest we could or should easily be as good as 10-3. Up 10+ @ Ole Miss and didn?t finish, should have won. Led top 10 Auburn by 12 at home, should have won. Could have easily won @ Missouri who is hottest team in the league. Should have won the game tonight. That?s 4 games where we could have and probably should have won but we don?t know how to finish games yet. That comes with maturity. Heartbreaking close losses like this will help this team going forward into next year IMO if we learn from it and understand every possession matters. This loss and Missouri loss really hurt because I thought we were the better team. Offense is improving, we just have to get both Offense and Defense going at the same time. I predicted, with many calling me crazy, that we would be top half of SEC this year and on the bubble and that in 2019 we would be a tourney team and competing for the overall SEC Chanpionship and I think we are right on schedule for that. It sucks right now but those are some positives to look forward to. An NIT appearance for this team is going to be huge this year and that is still definitely within reach.

Most of this team won't care about making the NIT.

bluelightstar
02-14-2018, 11:11 PM

And you base this insight on...?

Ari Gold
02-14-2018, 11:50 PM
And you base this insight on...?

On nothing he has no idea.
Hell every team that makes the NIT is going to wish they had been in the Big dance.

Todd4State
02-14-2018, 11:56 PM
My expectation has been to beat Ole Miss and make the NIT. If we do that I'm good for this year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-15-2018, 12:00 AM

The extra playing time, practice time ,and coaching time the NIT provides will help us for net year. And yes, the kids care about it. Even if they didn't though, it's still great to get for next year. Just like the extra bowl game practices are important for next year, even if the bowl game itself is too low to matter