PDA

View Full Version : WHY DONT WE PRESS!?!?

cheewgumm
02-14-2018, 09:48 PM
What are our strengths?

1) Athletic
2) good d
3) we play 8-10 people

We should be pressing AS MUCH as POSSIBLE!!!

MCsMGs
02-14-2018, 10:04 PM
I think this is a legit question...when we couldn't penetrate the zone, I would have pressed and tuned it into a transition game.

Of course, if you compare my track record as a coach to Howland's, you would get a ugly baby!

Irondawg
02-14-2018, 10:18 PM
Especially against Vandy and Mizzou which rely on outside shooting. Gets them out of their normal offensive flow.

I'd certainly do it with our second string that really struggles with halfcourt offense normally.

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 10:29 PM
What are our strengths?

1) Athletic
2) good d
3) we play 8-10 people

We should be pressing AS MUCH as POSSIBLE!!!

I no longer agree with #2, especially in the last two games.

cheewgumm
02-14-2018, 10:29 PM
I'm not coach either, and not saying I know more than Howland. However, the one time I saw us do it, we clamped down on Missouri, went on a 17-0 run to force OT....then stopped doing it and lost. Ha.

Regardless, seems our strengths as players demand it. We'd thrive in it. Yet..we dont do it.

MCsMGs
02-14-2018, 10:40 PM
We are as good as anybody in the league in transition offensively...it's when we get lazy on offensive rebounds and don't get back on defense that pressing doesn't work.

cheewgumm
02-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Then just press after made baskets. Problem solved.

Ari Gold
02-14-2018, 11:54 PM
I think this is a legit question...when we couldn't penetrate the zone, I would have pressed and tuned it into a transition game.

Of course, if you compare my track record as a coach to Howland's, you would get a ugly baby!

We scored 80 points . We had no issue with the zone the second half because we made shots

Ari Gold
02-14-2018, 11:55 PM
Then just press after made baskets. Problem solved.

When else do you want to press after missed shots ?? Thanks for solving that problem. If you all think we get in foul trouble now if we pressed all the time it would double

msbulldog
02-15-2018, 07:08 AM
We could have pressed 1 time at the end after the made shot and the timeout and that would have slowed them down enough to make time run out on their buzzer beater.

cheewgumm
02-15-2018, 09:04 AM
When else do you want to press after missed shots ?? Thanks for solving that problem. If you all think we get in foul trouble now if we pressed all the time it would double

I?ll take my chances with foul trouble if we can build a lead.

There?s always an excuse.

People love to argue.