PDA

View Full Version : Bubble busted??

mparkerfd20
02-14-2018, 09:23 PM
Oh well... There's always next year.

confucius say
02-14-2018, 09:25 PM
5 game season. Need em all. Favored in 3, have to upset Lsu on road and Aggie on road.

civildawg
02-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Oh well... There's always next year.

Should be the Mississippi state motto

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2018, 09:26 PM
We deserved it with the way we played tonight. You can say whatever excuse you want, getting screwed at Mizzou, long trip home, Vandy has won the last 3 at home. Nah.

Fact is we are better than them and we lost with the tourney on the line. We werent ready and it showed in our effort and energy esp on defense and rebounding

msugolf
02-14-2018, 09:26 PM
And next year, it will be better the next year.

msugolf
02-14-2018, 09:32 PM
We deserved it with the way we played tonight. You can say whatever excuse you want, getting screwed at Mizzou, long trip home, Vandy has won the last 3 at home. Nah.

Fact is we are better than them and we lost with the tourney on the line. We werent ready and it showed in our effort and energy esp on defense and rebounding

We just have several guys that still don't understand what it takes night-in, night-out. Good teams overcome issues. Good teams focus, keep their composure and don't let circumstances dictate their actions. We desperately are in need of strong upperclassmen leadership and I'm not sure there is a person on this team that can be that down the line.

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2018, 09:34 PM
We just have several guys that still don't understand what it takes night-in, night-out. Good teams overcome issues. Good teams focus, keep their composure and don't let circumstances dictate their actions. We desperately are in need of strong upperclassmen leadership and I'm not sure there is a person on this team that can be that down the line.

Lamar Peters and Nick W are the leaders of this team. And its not close. X has a good moment then he has the shh at the FT line with 6 secs left.

Coach34
02-14-2018, 09:36 PM
4-1 gets us on the bubble and we have to win 1 in the SEC Tourney. Our RPI has to get as close to 40 as possible.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-14-2018, 09:44 PM
Out of conference schedule busted bubble before we ever played a game...

IMissJack
02-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Shit this team rips your heart out. We can't finish, I'm writing it off to a young team, but I'd like to see someone step-up and be a leader. It's like we have a huge void in that dept.

Coach34
02-14-2018, 09:48 PM
Out of conference schedule busted bubble before we ever played a game...

again- this is erroneous.....If we had scheduled tougher- we would have more losses

We are in the 50's in RPI- we have to get to 40. To do that we have to go 4-1 down the stretch and grab 1 in the SEC Tourney

StarkVegasSteve
02-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Afraid it'll probably take all 5 down the stretch and at least one in the tournament to even get in the conversation. Tonight's loss did us in.

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 09:53 PM
We are 6-7 in the SEC and the other 12 victories are against teams that is about the easiest OOC cupcake schedule in the country. This team is fool's gold, but I hope I'm wrong and they make a miracle run. We put ourselves in the position to lose two very winnable games with no 3 pt D.

civildawg
02-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Ain?t no way in hell we are going 4-1. Hell we can?t beat the last place team in the league

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Should be the Mississippi state motto

"Wait till next year".It was in football for many of my 50 plus years of being a fan.*

Leeshouldveflanked
02-14-2018, 09:58 PM
The committee looks at SOS.... ours is crap

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Ain?t no way in hell we are going 4-1. Hell we can?t beat the last place team in the league

Why we would have beat them if we had only given up 13 three's instead of 14!*

JEDdawg 12
02-14-2018, 10:00 PM
^this all day long.

Coach34
02-14-2018, 10:02 PM
The committee looks at SOS.... ours is crap

No P5 team has been left out with an RPI of 40 or better. That is our watermark

sonofozarka
02-14-2018, 10:05 PM
again- this is erroneous.....If we had scheduled tougher- we would have more losses

Didn't you make literally the opposite argument for years ad nauseum when Stans had weak OOC schedules? You might literally have 1,000 + posts contradicting this one

Dawg61
02-14-2018, 10:05 PM
I think we have to win out regular season and 1 in SECT to get in and that will be a first four game. Bubble isn't completely busted technically yet but it's Conor McGregor in the 9th round bout to be. This team could do something stupid and win the SECT though. We were up 13 on the best team in this league and we really have been in every single game except Florida and the refs were atrocious in that game like they always are on the road. Do I think we'll win out? No. Do I think we'll win the SECT? No. But I didn't think Stapleton would make 5 3's tonight and I didn't think we'd comeback on Missouri down 13 in the last 90 seconds. What I am saying is we do have a tendency to be polarizing on the court at times. Maybe the good polarizing part will show up? Idk but I'll watch to find out.

msstate7
02-14-2018, 10:07 PM
I think we have to win out regular season and 1 in SECT to get in and that will be a first four game. Bubble isn't completely busted technically yet but it's Conor McGregor in the 9th round bout to be. This team could do something stupid and win the SECT though. We were up 13 on the best team in this league and we really have been in every single game except Florida and the refs were atrocious in that game like they always are on the road. Do I think we'll win out? No. Do I think we'll win the SECT? No. But I didn't think Stapleton would make 5 3's tonight and I didn't think we'd comeback on Missouri down 13 in the last 90 seconds. What I am saying is we do have a tendency to be polarizing on the court at times. Maybe the good polarizing part will show up? Idk but I'll watch to find out.

Our D has checked out. Could be our legs are getting heavy. Whatever the reason though, we done unless we find it again.

Dawg61
02-14-2018, 10:11 PM

Vandy is a scrappy well coached team. They haven't given up like Ole Miss and Georgia. I do not think Vandy is the worst team in the SEC this year even though the standings might not show it.

Goldendawg
02-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Vandy is a scrappy well coached team. They haven't given up like Ole Miss and Georgia. I do not think Vandy is the worst team in the SEC this year even though the standings might not show it.

We better hope UNM has given up and don't come out like their FB team does against us when we have been the better team, they're ready and fired up and we are not.

confucius say
02-14-2018, 10:35 PM

Vandy will finish 7-11 most likely. Look at their schedule. Their SOS ranks #1 in the country. Won?t be worst team in league.

Homedawg
02-14-2018, 11:00 PM
4-1 gets us on the bubble and we have to win 1 in the SEC Tourney. Our RPI has to get as close to 40 as possible.

Sorry but no. This loss is the nail prior to the sec tourney. We are toast wo a sec tourney win at 4-1. Won't matter we won't go 4-1 so we can just have internet convo about it.

Bothrops
02-14-2018, 11:17 PM
And next year, it will be better the next year.

And after that it will be the next year. Will we make the tourney by 2025?? 2030?

Ari Gold
02-14-2018, 11:46 PM
10-8 in the league absolutely gets you on the bubble. And any games won in the tourney just imporoves your stock.
Shit we were on the bubble tonight at 6-6 why would 10-8 with a win over either Tenn or Am or both not have us there.

parabrave
02-14-2018, 11:48 PM
"Wait till next year".It was in football for many of my 50 plus years of being a fan.*

Since 1978, still have the shirt.

Ari Gold
02-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Again you all act like we were a tourney team ever year in the 2000’s ..

MarketingBully
02-15-2018, 01:38 AM
We better hope UNM has given up and don't come out like their FB team does against us when we have been the better team, they're ready and fired up and we are not.

Ole Miss doesn’t have a road win in the SEC. We will beat the shit out of them.

MarketingBully
02-15-2018, 01:42 AM
So we lose two games by very controversial officiating calls and all of a sudden the negative assholes are back? Oh boy...

msbulldog
02-15-2018, 07:15 AM

Mine too Golden!

msbulldog
02-15-2018, 07:19 AM

Stapleton freaked me out tonight with 5 in a row, every time he threw one up I expected him to miss.

Dawgface
02-15-2018, 07:43 AM

True. Probably win a couple and go to NIT.

MarketingBully
02-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Nick Weatherspoon and Abdul Ado are good leaders. Aric Holman and Lamar Peters are good vocal leaders as well.

MarketingBully
02-15-2018, 08:01 AM

Technically, Vandy isn?t the last place team. South Carolina and Ole Miss are. Also, it wouldn?t surprise me if Vandy beats Florida this weekend. They haven?t lost at Memorial Coliseum since January.

MarketingBully
02-15-2018, 08:05 AM
True. Probably win a couple and go to NIT.

3-2 down the stretch is extremely doable. That gets us to 21-10 and 9-9 in the league. That’s a pretty damn big jump from last year. It gets us solidly in the NIT and if you told me we would be in the bubble discussion but would make the NIT at the end I’d take it. Everyone loves to move those goal posts back when wanting to support this team but I’m happy where we are especially considering we will be doing something we haven’t done since 2012. Perspective.

confucius say
02-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Lot of bitch*s in here. We were 3 point underdogs last night for a reason.

We need to win next 5. We are favored in all 3 at home and a 2 point underdog at Lsu. Just have to upset Aggie.

Ari Gold
02-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Lot of bitch*s in here. We were 3 point underdogs last night for a reason.

We need to win next 5. We are favored in all 3 at home and a 2 point underdog at Lsu. Just have to upset Aggie.

Yeah I’m not sure what planet most on here live on when it comes to hoops but 10-8 gets us on the bubble. It’s just going to depend on who else is on there and where we fit.
Again if we were on the bubble and we were the first 4 out according to most at 6-6 , we are going to be there at 10-8 that’s not hard to understand.

Acid mouth
02-15-2018, 09:46 AM
No P5 team has been left out with an RPI of 40 or better. That is our watermark

I agree that 40 is the ideal number but back in 01-02, Stansbury finished 40 in RPI and was the lowest RPI team to not make the tourney. With the talent on the team, we certainly have a chance at winning out or only losing one. I just hope that?s enough because we have a history of being left out.

Coach34
02-15-2018, 09:57 AM
I agree that 40 is the ideal number but back in 01-02, Stansbury finished 40 in RPI and was the lowest RPI team to not make the tourney. With the talent on the team, we certainly have a chance at winning out or only losing one. I just hope that?s enough because we have a history of being left out.

In 2001- we were 16-12 after the SEC Tourney and not close to being an NCAA Team. 7-9 in the SEC and losy in the 1st round of the SEC Tourney. Made the NIT