PDA

View Full Version : Myles Jack is lighting up Utah...

engie
10-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Just another in the series of our fairly close recruiting misses(that really weren't rated all that high) that are having huge first seasons in CFB. Jack is one of the better LBs in the Pac12 as a true freshman...

msstate7
10-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Hate to lose a recruit, but I don't mind losing em when they're halfway across the country

maroonmania
10-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Keep up with recruiting to a decent degree (at least I thought) and I had never heard the name Myles Jack in association with MSU until this post.

engie
10-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Keep up with recruiting to a decent degree (at least I thought) and I had never heard the name Myles Jack in association with MSU until this post.

We were his #2 choice in the previous class. Thought was that we had a great chance if we ever got him in on a visit.

I like seeing guys we chased do well -- especially basically unheralded guys...

Jack Lambert
10-04-2013, 08:56 AM
We still have some pretty good LB.

engie
10-04-2013, 09:15 AM
We still have some pretty good LB.

We've got too many?

This thread isn't really about us -- just more and more examples of guys our staff chased that are turning out to be great players that WEREN'T household names in recruiting. Although, looking back, he apparently got a ton of late offers when I look at his offer list...

bulldawg28
10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
We've got too many?

This thread isn't really about us -- just more and more examples of guys our staff chased that are turning out to be great players that WEREN'T household names in recruiting. Although, looking back, he apparently got a ton of late offers when I look at his offer list...

Are you stating that our coaches do a great job of finding talent or that we whiffed on another? I hope the first because anyone can see Mullen has put talent every year in the NFL. He's doing an outstanding job of developing our guys.

engie
10-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Are you stating that our coaches do a great job of finding talent or that we whiffed on another? I hope the first because anyone can see Mullen has put talent every year in the NFL. He's doing an outstanding job of developing our guys.

How can it be reasonably assumed in ANYTHING I've said that I'm talking about "whiffing on another"? It's about our evaluations more than anything else.

We chased a kid from Washington state. That was a 24/7 3* and low 4* composite -- that is now one of the best LBs in the Pac12 as a true freshman. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure we have played a trFR LB since KJ Wright. All that to say, we've recruited and built great depth at the LB position under Mullen.

John O'Korn is lighting it up at Houston as a true freshman.
Za'Darius Smith has been tremendous at Kentucky.
I've seen Damien Jacobs making a ton of plays at Florida.
Jalen Ramsey has been a total badass at FSU(kinda different since he actually was a total blue chip).
and those are just the ones off the top of my head...

HoopsDawg
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Too bad we didn't target O'korn from the beginning instead of Sandburg.

And Myles Jack is one of the fastest LB's I have seen. He is legit.

sandwolf
10-04-2013, 11:49 AM

I know 247 had him as a 3*, but they just missed the boat on this guy. Scout had him rated as a 4*, the 4th best OLB in the country, and the 65th best recruit, regardless of position......and per his Scout profile, he had offers from big name schools all over the country (Oregon, Florida, FSU, Stanford, USCe, etc.). So he may not have been a household name around here because he is from Washington, but the guy was a big time national recruit.

bulldawg28
10-04-2013, 03:06 PM
How can it be reasonably assumed in ANYTHING I've said that I'm talking about "whiffing on another"? It's about our evaluations more than anything else.

We chased a kid from Washington state. That was a 24/7 3* and low 4* composite -- that is now one of the best LBs in the Pac12 as a true freshman. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure we have played a trFR LB since KJ Wright. All that to say, we've recruited and built great depth at the LB position under Mullen.

John O'Korn is lighting it up at Houston as a true freshman.
Za'Darius Smith has been tremendous at Kentucky.
I've seen Damien Jacobs making a ton of plays at Florida.
Jalen Ramsey has been a total badass at FSU(kinda different since he actually was a total blue chip).
and those are just the ones off the top of my head...

I'm just checking guy. Some Mullen faithful have wavered lately.

bully99
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
If Mullen wins a few more games, some of those players might have come to state.

bulldawg28
10-04-2013, 05:06 PM
If Mullen wins a few more games, some of those players might have come to state.

9 and 8 win seasons is pretty good. If they wanted more wins they all would go to Bama.