View Full Version : Cann sets rotation for this weekend

Bulldog1
02-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Friday - Pilk
Saturday - Small
Sunday - Billingsley

Todd4State
02-14-2018, 06:07 PM
No surprises. He also said that France and Self could be available out of the bullpen.

Also- I'd look for Jordan Anderson to find his way in the lineup somehow after the way he has hit this spring.

MetEdDawg
02-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Really excited to see Small again. He’s got a ton of potential and could really be a lock down guy with that FB.

Commercecomet24
02-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Really hope France arm is better. We gonna need him. He?s an experienced arm that can eat innings.

Harrydawg
02-14-2018, 07:58 PM
What does anyone know about the USM starters......one of them is a true freshman?

The Federalist Engineer
02-14-2018, 08:10 PM
From the Cannizarro interview, it sounds like McQ and Stephens are expected to serve a suspension and return, but not this weekend.

So, that's 30-40 innings we can still hopefully log with McQ as a key pitching resource in 2018....if he can let his talent shine and avoid other issues

weblow
02-14-2018, 10:00 PM
From the Cannizarro interview, it sounds like McQ and Stephens are expected to serve a suspension and return, but not this weekend.

So, that's 30-40 innings we can still hopefully log with McQ as a key pitching resource in 2018....if he can let his talent shine and avoid other issues
I thought he was saying that 2 WERE serving suspensions this weekend. I assumed it was them. Did he say differently somewhere else?

MoreCowbell
02-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Small has a chance to be a southpaw version of 2016 Zach Houston. He?s got the skill set to be a 1st round guy if it all comes together.

Todd4State
02-14-2018, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if both McQuary and Stephens redshirt at this point. That could be a good thing because it would push McQuary back into the incoming class along with Ashcraft- which would help offset the lack of pitching recruiting some in this incoming freshman class.

Todd4State
02-14-2018, 11:52 PM
Small has a chance to be a southpaw version of 2016 Zach Houston. He?s got the skill set to be a 1st round guy if it all comes together.

Except maybe even better than Houston.

Todd4State
02-14-2018, 11:55 PM
Really hope France arm is better. We gonna need him. He?s an experienced arm that can eat innings.

I'm thinking that if France is healthy we're going to break him in during midweek games. I think Keegan James is going to hold that spot down for the moment. It will be interesting to see how it plays out because I like Billingsley a lot. If our bullpen struggles I could see us moving JB to the pen and Keegan to Sunday if he pitches well. I think our bullpen is going to be fine though.

The Federalist Engineer
02-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Except maybe even better than Houston.

What are the reasonable expectations for Breaux and Keegan James this year? Could KJ be the Zach Houston of 2018?

Todd4State
02-15-2018, 03:05 PM
What are the reasonable expectations for Breaux and Keegan James this year? Could KJ be the Zach Houston of 2018?

I think Breaux will be a LOOGY this year and maybe progress to middle relief by the end of the year.

I think KJ could have a similar arc as Houston where maybe he ends up in the top three of the rotation by the end of the end of the year or we shuffle the rotation for the SEC Tournament. Billingsley is good enough to hold down the Sunday job I think but he also has struggled some at times too. I think for me the difference is at the time I thought Houston should have been the Sunday guy from the start instead of Daniel Brown or Pilkington. Keegan is recovering from an injury so I just personally prefer that we take it slow with any of those guys. If Keegan goes out against Jackson State and is lights out I might rethink my position.

bulldogcountry1
02-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Stephens has the measurables (5-10, 163) of a Polk recruit. I imagine he's headed for a RS, either way.

Todd4State
02-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Stephens has the measurables (5-10, 163) of a Polk recruit. I imagine he's headed for a RS, either way.

True. I would be kind of surprised if he makes the team next year.