PDA

View Full Version : Time for Huge Freeze to show his true colors

PassInterference
10-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Will he practice what he preaches? Or is he gonna let those players skate?

Worse yet, will he discipline just the expendable ones and let the headliners skate?

Soon, we will see Hugh's true colors. Hell, this is worth a vcash question.

Original48
10-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Worse yet, will he discipline just the expendable ones and let the headliners skate?
I imagine this..especially since there's not a list of players who were there and if there is many can still say they didn't say anything.

Bo Darville
10-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I agree with Original48. He will punish some of the freshman who are redshirting by not letting them play for a few games (they are redshirting, so they weren't going to play anyway). That way he can take a stand as a disciplinarian. The headliners will probably skate or be punished in other ways ("we handled it in house").

quickstrike2
10-04-2013, 08:26 AM
He is going to suspend the headliners from doing wind sprints at the end of practice. I really doubt Freeze does anything at all.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I imagine this..especially since there's not a list of players who were there and if there is many can still say they didn't say anything.

They know who the 20 are because they were required to be there. I think all 20 will be punish in some manner but if it is a game suspension it will not be this weekend. Freeze is a show boat christian.

HancockCountyDog
10-04-2013, 08:30 AM
All I know is that if I was a freshman that was redshirting, I would expect to hear my name selected as someone who is about to be suspsended for the season.

Better duck Ryan Buchanan.

smootness
10-04-2013, 08:34 AM
They know who the 20 are because they were required to be there. I think all 20 will be punish in some manner but if it is a game suspension it will not be this weekend. Freeze is a show boat christian.

They know. No one else does, at least as far as I know. That means that, while it won't be effective, they can essentially just come up with their own list, punish those players, and let others, like Nkemdiche and Treadwell, go and claim they weren't there.

C222
10-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Will he practice what he preaches? Or is he gonna let those players skate?

Soon, we will see Hugh's true colors. Hell, this is worth a vcash question.

Student Affairs is handling the investigation and punishment.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
They know. No one else does, at least as far as I know. That means that, while it won't be effective, they can essentially just come up with their own list, punish those players, and let others, like Nkemdiche and Treadwell, go and claim they weren't there.

I am not disagreeing with you but the director seems pretty upset and he might not let the Athletic department get away with it. He knows who they are and all he has to do is go public and what can the university do to him? Fire him? Just the nature of the story will stop that. I just don’t think they are going to skate. Way too many people are upset and many of them are liberal teachers at the school and I am pretty sure a lot of them don’t give a rat tail about football. Plus this gives the school a black eye and they have to do something to show they care.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-04-2013, 09:21 AM
All I know is that if I was a freshman that was redshirting, I would expect to hear my name selected as someone who is about to be suspsended for the season.

Better duck Ryan Buchanan.
If I was one that got suspended and had my name drug through the dirt and had to take the fall for the stars, who were probably the ones leading the pack, I would go tell the preacher to go **** himself, pack my shit, withdraw from school, and drop every name and what they said to every news outlet that would listen.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I know every theatre production is videoed, so shouldn't there be a tape of the play?

slickdawg
10-04-2013, 09:46 AM
The CL article said referred to "all incoming freshmen" being in there, so that would be the highly touted recruiting class.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Should every player in the audience be suspended, regardless of whether or not they personally made any inappropriate comments? What about non-players in attendance, suspended as well? Curious about everyone's stance on this.

smootness
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I am not disagreeing with you but the director seems pretty upset and he might not let the Athletic department get away with it. He knows who they are and all he has to do is go public and what can the university do to him? Fire him? Just the nature of the story will stop that. I just don’t think they are going to skate. Way too many people are upset and many of them are liberal teachers at the school and I am pretty sure a lot of them don’t give a rat tail about football. Plus this gives the school a black eye and they have to do something to show they care.

Very true.

slickdawg
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Should every player in the audience be suspended, regardless of whether or not they personally made any inappropriate comments? What about non-players in attendance, suspended as well? Curious about everyone's stance on this.

I'd suspend every football player in attendance. You do things as a team. As for the students, if they were participating in this behavior as well, whatever the student code of conduct says do, then do it, even if that means kick them out of school. I would expect us to do the exact same thing if it happened in Starkville.

I'm tired of getting that look when I tell someone I'm from Mississippi. I know what they mean with that look. They stereotype me in with these inbreeds that are full of bigotry, intolerance and hatred. Crap like this only reinforces that. Until Mississippi steps up and puts a stop to this kind of crap, and makes examples of people that do this kind of crap, nothing will change.

Gregg Doyle did a great article on a HS team with a similar issue. He made every player turn their jersey in and earn it back. Same kind of thing needs to happen here.

smootness
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
The funny thing is, most of those Ole Miss freshmen weren't from Mississippi, but that will obviously be the perception.

ChupacabraDawg
10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I see this as a situation in which the discipline is handled "inside the locker room" or whatever coaches say these days when they make a guy run an extra lap or carry the water jug to practice...

chef dixon
10-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I see this as a situation in which the discipline is handled "inside the locker room" or whatever coaches say these days when they make a guy run an extra lap or carry the water jug to practice...

Notice game day is already right around the corner. Things like this slowly get swept under the rug.

Westdawg
10-04-2013, 03:09 PM
here is what is troubling....as a head coach, I had a situation where I had 18 of my players broke their player contracts for how they acted/reacted in a given situation. they and their parents had to sign that contract prior to the staff issuing them equipment and being allowed to practice this fall. The penalty for their behavior was the loss of the first half of the next game. I knew that when I had that many of our players involved, and many were either starters or saw significant minutes, we would lose that week. it is hard to have to accept it, and especially given that we ended up losing our spot in the playoffs because of that game; however, I would do it again if given a second chance. If Freeze wants to make a statement and follow through on how he will handle this program, then he should suspend all 20 players for this week, and those that are redshirted should lose their first game next season. If he doesn't, he will lose much footing in terms of control of his program. I have a lot of angry parents and fans right now, but ultimately, you have to draw a line and let them know that there are serious repercussions for their actions.

Martianlander
10-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Admire your stance Westdawg. We need more discipline like this.