PDA

View Full Version : A&M lost 2 guards today

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Texas A&M game got a little more winnable today. Kicked off a guard and suspended another indefinitely. They only averaged 27 minutes and 7 points a game combined. But I think they're down to 8 scholarship players now and presumably are severely short on guards.

RougeDawg
02-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Looks like Pot possession. Damn what shitty and ignorant laws we have. If it weren?t for big alcohol, pot would be legal and we wouldn?t have an overpopulated prison system. Same thing with the groups who wanted to prevent Sunday beer and cold beer sales, does God care what day you buy it? Or drink it or care what you put into your own body willingly? And why would we outlaw something that has much less impacts on a human body than alcohol? Marijuana?

This may or may not help us but these laws have to change.

West Tn Dawg
02-11-2018, 07:40 PM
They were also upset by LSU!

HoopsDawg
02-11-2018, 07:49 PM
might need to throw some press at them.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Are we talking men or women?

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Men, these two aren't big contributors but aTm's starting PG has a partially torn ACL and has had to leave both of the last two games for extended minutes to deal with pain issues. I doubt he's able to finish the season he's been hanging on by a thread literally. Tough player and good too. He goes out they are going to be fooked at the guard position real quick.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Men

Homedawg
02-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Looks like Pot possession. Damn what shitty and ignorant laws we have. If it weren?t for big alcohol, pot would be legal and we wouldn?t have an overpopulated prison system. Same thing with the groups who wanted to prevent Sunday beer and cold beer sales, does God care what day you buy it? Or drink it or care what you put into your own body willingly? And why would we outlaw something that has much less impacts on a human body than alcohol? Marijuana?

I'm glad you don't limit stupid posts to baseball. It's against the law. You might. Or like the law but it's still illegal. They knew and blew it. Sorry they are held to a different standard.

BulldogDX55
02-11-2018, 08:25 PM
I'm glad you don't limit stupid posts to baseball. It's against the law. You might. Or like the law but it's still illegal. They knew and blew it. Sorry they are held to a different standard.

I?d say that?s the smartest post I?ve seen from him. Cheers, Rouge, to one of the few issues I agree with you on.

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Weed should be legal in all 50 states and USA territories. Mississippi refusing to legalize it is just pissing away millions of dollars the state could be making every year. It's a billion dollar legal business in California and Colorado etc..

West Tn Dawg
02-11-2018, 08:47 PM
My Bad!
I was talking women.

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Don't political posts belong on the Politics Board?

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Don't political posts belong on the Politics Board?

A&M losing two guards isn't political. Talking about weed legalization is but since weed isn't legal in MS this is something our sports teams might also be dealing with soon.

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 09:48 PM
A&M losing two guards isn't political. Talking about weed legalization is but since weed isn't legal in MS this is something our sports teams might also be dealing with soon.

Geez ....

msstate7
02-11-2018, 09:54 PM
This is not Caldwell first time to be in trouble. Looks like Stansbury has his new pg lol

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 10:23 PM
This is not Caldwell first time to be in trouble. Looks like Stansbury has his new pg lol

He any good? Barely got minutes for aTm but yea Stansbury most likely recruited him so you might be right.

msstate7
02-11-2018, 10:27 PM
He any good? Barely got minutes for aTm but yea Stansbury most likely recruited him so you might be right.

This story says Caldwell played 16 mins a game and chandler 11.4.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/02/11/texas-am-kicks-guard-jj-chandler-team-indefinitely-suspends-jay-jay-caldwell-violations

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 10:34 PM
This story says Caldwell played 16 mins a game and chandler 11.4.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/02/11/texas-am-kicks-guard-jj-chandler-team-indefinitely-suspends-jay-jay-caldwell-violations

Yea they are basically down to 8 guys worth a damn and Wilson looks to be going down soon with his partial ACL tear. We need to run up and down the court on aTm. They are big as hell but we can easily wear them down if we press them and run up-tempo the entire game. They will be totally gassed by the 2nd half.

dawgs
02-12-2018, 03:03 AM

He’s not questioning whether it’s against the law or not, he’s pointing out how stupid it is to even be against the law and all the problems that arise from having it be illegal. Completely different point he’s making.

When you have former politicians going on the record as cracking down on weed just so they could break up Vietnam protestors (hippies) and civil rights leaders, then you should take a real look at the laws and whether they even have a place in modern society.

WinningIsRelentless
02-12-2018, 08:27 AM

And to think it?s 1,000x safer than alcohol or even the pain meds they will prescribe the guard with the torn acl.

msstate7
02-12-2018, 08:29 AM
And to think it?s 1,000x safer than alcohol or even the pain meds they will prescribe the guard with the torn acl.

Apparently it is not either/or with Caldwell, he has gotten a DUI at aTm also

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Apparently it is not either/or with Caldwell, he has gotten a DUI at aTm also

You can get a DUI without consuming any alcohol but most likely it's alcohol

Jarius
02-12-2018, 08:41 AM
It’s really stupid that pot is illegal. It’s also really stupid to get yourself arrested for it, knowing it is illegal.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I don't really have an opinion, but I personally know a few people who have moved from Colorado to another state because they claim pot is ruining the state. They claim pot stores are everywhere, pot smell is everywhere, homelessness is up, and they were having trouble with employees getting hooked and turning from good employees to worthless employees. I haven't been to Colorado in about 15 years, so I can't state the accuracy of their claims. But they've never lied to me before. And as a business owner in Mississippi, I can tell you from my personal experience, that pot ruined two damn good employees of mine (now ex-employees).

dawgs
02-12-2018, 10:47 AM
I don't really have an opinion, but I personally know a few people who have moved from Colorado to another state because they claim pot is ruining the state. They claim pot stores are everywhere, pot smell is everywhere, homelessness is up, and they were having trouble with employees getting hooked and turning from good employees to worthless employees. I haven't been to Colorado in about 15 years, so I can't state the accuracy of their claims. But they've never lied to me before. And as a business owner in Mississippi, I can tell you from my personal experience, that pot ruined two damn good employees of mine (now ex-employees).

As someone that lives in Oregon, that’s some bullshit. Denver, Portland, and Seattle are all booming cities in states with legal weed, attracting businesses and jobs at a rate much faster than the rest of the country. Largely these jobs are professional jobs requiring college and advanced degrees. So if weed was literally ruining the workforce, seems like all these businesses would be looking to move elsewhere. Someone that shows up to work high is no different than someone showing up to work drunk, so would you make alcohol illegal by that logic? I can say that smoking weed at night doesn’t affect you the next morning, whereas having a couple too many drinks leaves you hungover even if you get up and make it into work, so you’ll spend a significant chunk of the workday at less than 100%. This said as a guy that has a garage full of craft beer and a liquor cabinet full of bourbon, scotch, and Japanese whiskey.

dawgs
02-12-2018, 10:50 AM

The pain med thing blows my mind. Weed is many times less addictive than opioid painkillers, and even if you get addicted, you just sit around eating Doritos and watching dumb movies, you don?t literally kill yourself with heroin after your opioid perscription runs out.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2018, 10:54 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6a1306028970c85bb5f468373406ff13/tenor.gif?itemid=8584332

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2018, 11:26 AM
As someone that lives in Oregon, that’s some bullshit. Denver, Portland, and Seattle are all booming cities in states with legal weed, attracting businesses and jobs at a rate much faster than the rest of the country. Largely these jobs are professional jobs requiring college and advanced degrees. So if weed was literally ruining the workforce, seems like all these businesses would be looking to move elsewhere. Someone that shows up to work high is no different than someone showing up to work drunk, so would you make alcohol illegal by that logic? I can say that smoking weed at night doesn’t affect you the next morning, whereas having a couple too many drinks leaves you hungover even if you get up and make it into work, so you’ll spend a significant chunk of the workday at less than 100%. This said as a guy that has a garage full of craft beer and a liquor cabinet full of bourbon, scotch, and Japanese whiskey.

I'm simply stating what they claim, and said so in the post. As I said, I have not been to Colorado in 15 years, so I have no opinion (also stated in my post). They didn't say weed was ruining the Denver workforce. They said THEY were having problems with THEIR particular workforce (I stated that in my post also - THEIR workforce, not Denver's workforce). I can state with 100% certainty that pot ruined two of my good employees. Certainly other things can ruin good employees, such as divorce, alcohol, etc.

Bulldog1
02-12-2018, 01:05 PM
The guy with the torn acl just announced he is quitting basketball

msstate7
02-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Who?

Bulldog1
02-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Duane Wilson for aTm. He was their starting PG. Down to 7 scholarship players.

msstate7
02-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Duane Wilson for aTm. He was their starting PG. Down to 7 scholarship players.

Wow

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Woah that is a major loss for them. This game just became a must win now for us. We can't afford to lose to them with only 7 guys.

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 02:49 PM

somebodyshotmypaw I hope I don't offend you with my post but it'd be a shame in my opinion for you to live your whole life with these fears towards pot. I think you should take a trip to Colorado for a couple days and see for yourself and indulge in it yourself. Discover. It's totally legal. Grab a cookie or brownie if you're against inhaling smoke of any kind. Get you a body high while you're chilling in your hotel room. Leave 1950 behind for good. Marijuana is one of the most amazing things this world has to offer and I'd hate for you to never discover that during your one time on this planet. Oh and my sister lives in Seattle and I've been there many times. All of what you posted is straight fear-mongering crap and you've been taken for a ride by whoever told you that garbage. Especially love the part about "pot smell everywhere" and "homelessness is up" though. That's some heavy shit man.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6s3HtZfGOaqUU/giphy.gif

civildawg
02-12-2018, 03:31 PM
They just lost their starting PG today I believe. Was playing on a partial ACL tear.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2018, 04:40 PM
somebodyshotmypaw I hope I don't offend you with my post but it'd be a shame in my opinion for you to live your whole life with these fears towards pot. I think you should take a trip to Colorado for a couple days and see for yourself and indulge in it yourself. Discover. It's totally legal. Grab a cookie or brownie if you're against inhaling smoke of any kind. Get you a body high while you're chilling in your hotel room. Leave 1950 behind for good. Marijuana is one of the most amazing things this world has to offer and I'd hate for you to never discover that during your one time on this planet. Oh and my sister lives in Seattle and I've been there many times. All of what you posted is straight fear-mongering crap and you've been taken for a ride by whoever told you that garbage. Especially love the part about "pot smell everywhere" and "homelessness is up" though. That's some heavy shit man.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6s3HtZfGOaqUU/giphy.gif

First off, I stated I didn't have an opinion. So I'm not living my life with fears towards pot. I never stated that at all and I'm not sure where you got that from. I only gave my personal experience with it and two ex-employees. And what I stated about that particular situation is 100% fact. I also simply told you what I was told and stated that I didn't have an opinion and had not been there. Actually, I'm scheduled to go to Denver in June 2019. "Pot smell everywhere" is what I was told and I admitted that I could not confirm. Same with "increase in homelessness". Can't confirm it but statistics do show that (HUD states Colorado's homelessness jumped 13% from 2015 to 2016 while nationally it was down 3%)

I honestly don't have an opinion for/against pot. I haven't been around it enough to really form one. So I'm neutral. But somehow, because I didn't jump on the "LEGALIZE POT NOW DAMMIT" bandwagon, then you think I'm against it. Hell, I admitted in the first sentence that I didn't have an opinion. Heaven forbid that folks like me have enough to sense to admit when they don't understand something. I know it goes against message board etiquette because on message boards everyone is supposed to be a 100% expert on everything. I was simply stating what I was told, and my very own limited experience with it. And I qualified my statements as such (note I said many times "THEY CLAIM").

dawgs
02-12-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm simply stating what they claim, and said so in the post. As I said, I have not been to Colorado in 15 years, so I have no opinion (also stated in my post). They didn't say weed was ruining the Denver workforce. They said THEY were having problems with THEIR particular workforce (I stated that in my post also - THEIR workforce, not Denver's workforce). I can state with 100% certainty that pot ruined two of my good employees. Certainly other things can ruin good employees, such as divorce, alcohol, etc.

Were your employees ruined because they couldn’t stop smoking pot long enough to work or were they ruined because they got caught up in the antiquated war on drugs laws or antiquated drug testing policies that treat weed as bad as heroin?

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 05:10 PM
First off, I stated I didn't have an opinion. So I'm not living my life with fears towards pot. I never stated that at all and I'm not sure where you got that from. I only gave my personal experience with it and two ex-employees. And what I stated about that particular situation is 100% fact. I also simply told you what I was told and stated that I didn't have an opinion and had not been there. Actually, I'm scheduled to go to Denver in June 2019. "Pot smell everywhere" is what I was told and I admitted that I could not confirm. Same with "increase in homelessness". Can't confirm it but statistics do show that (HUD states Colorado's homelessness jumped 13% from 2015 to 2016 while nationally it was down 3%)

I honestly don't have an opinion for/against pot. I haven't been around it enough to really form one. So I'm neutral. But somehow, because I didn't jump on the "LEGALIZE POT NOW DAMMIT" bandwagon, then you think I'm against it. Hell, I admitted in the first sentence that I didn't have an opinion. Heaven forbid that folks like me have enough to sense to admit when they don't understand something. I know it goes against message board etiquette because on message boards everyone is supposed to be a 100% expert on everything. I was simply stating what I was told, and my very own limited experience with it. And I qualified my statements as such (note I said many times "THEY CLAIM").

Calm down. Smoke a joint it'll help.

the59dawg
02-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Weed should be legal in all 50 states and USA territories. Mississippi refusing to legalize it is just pissing away millions of dollars the state could be making every year. It's a billion dollar legal business in California and Colorado etc..

All we need is more pot heads running around. Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh. Step 1 pot
Step 2 heroin, meth, etc.

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh.

Look up % violent crimes, murder, rape etc.. that are committed after the offender has been drinking. Now look it up for pot.

Bully13
02-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Look up % violent crimes, murder, rape etc.. that are committed after the offender has been drinking. Now look it up for pot.

This is very true. The thing I will say in defense of alcohol though is that when taken responsibly, you don't get impaired. Can't say that about firing one up.

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 06:37 PM
This is very true. The thing I will say in defense of alcohol though is that when taken responsibly, you don't get impaired. Can't say that about firing one up.

I love a drink just as much as the next guy but alcohol is a depressant and it slows reaction time as well as reducing vision, balance etc. It impairs you on purpose. That's what drinking does to everyone. Cheers!

dawgs
02-12-2018, 06:42 PM
All we need is more pot heads running around. Safer than alcohol? Don't make me laugh. Step 1 pot

Lulz, not quite. That you, Jeff?

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

Weed, alcohol, and nicotine are all about equivalent “gateway” substances. So either ban them all or group weed with alcohol and nicotine.

Really though, those are just the substances more readily available to people, so of course people who end up hooked on meth or heroin started on something else more readily available. I don’t think there are many people who went from straight edge directly to heroin.

dawgs
02-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Entirely disagree there. 1 or 2 hits or a low dose edible will make you feel good but won’t leave you impaired. Similar to drinking 2 beers or an old fashioned.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Were your employees ruined because they couldn?t stop smoking pot long enough to work or were they ruined because they got caught up in the antiquated war on drugs laws or antiquated drug testing policies that treat weed as bad as heroin?

They lived next door to each other. Started smoking pot, started coming in late, then started showing up about 3 days per week. Finally had to let them go. They weren't troublemakers. They just quit giving a damn. One worked at Dominoes Pizza after that for a few months. They are unemployed now, and have been for about 6 months. They live in Kosciusko with each other, because they have been friends since 6th grade. They admit they would rather smoke dope all day rather than work.

dawgs
02-12-2018, 07:01 PM
They lived next door to each other. Started smoking pot, started coming in late, then started showing up about 3 days per week. Finally had to let them go. They weren't troublemakers. They just quit giving a damn. One worked at Dominoes Pizza after that for a few months. They are unemployed now, and have been for about 6 months. They live in Kosciusko with each other, because they have been friends since 6th grade. They admit they would rather smoke dope all day rather than work.

First of all, dope is heroin, maybe meth or crack. Second of all, just sounds like they are unmotivated and if it wasn’t weed, it’d been alcohol or video games or whatever excuse they could come up with to not show up to work.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2018, 07:11 PM

Lolz

https://gif-free.com/uploads/posts/2017-11/1509958350_shocked-spit-out-drink.gif

WinningIsRelentless
02-12-2018, 07:25 PM
The pain med thing blows my mind. Weed is many times less addictive than opioid painkillers, and even if you get addicted, you just sit around eating Doritos and watching dumb movies, you don?t literally kill yourself with heroin after your opioid perscription runs out.

I?ve never worked a death due to overdosing on pot, but I?ve worked more than my fair share from opioids and the like.

I?ve even worked deaths from alocohol poisoning and liver damage from alocohol.

Bully13
02-12-2018, 08:37 PM
I love a drink just as much as the next guy but alcohol is a depressant and it slows reaction time as well as reducing vision, balance etc. It impairs you on purpose. That's what drinking does to everyone. Cheers!

Alcohol, when used in moderation is a stimulant, in excess becomes a depressant.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Alcohol, when used in moderation is a stimulant, in excess becomes a depressant.

Well, depending on scale, that could be said for a lot of things...

Dawg61
02-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Sure if moderation means 1 or less drinks than yea alcohol in the first couple of minutes is a stimulant but you gotta be a total moron to think it's not a depressant. Someone been lying to you Bully and that someone is......

somebodyshotmypaw
02-12-2018, 09:55 PM
First of all, dope is heroin, maybe meth or crack. Second of all, just sounds like they are unmotivated and if it wasn’t weed, it’d been alcohol or video games or whatever excuse they could come up with to not show up to work.

It was weed. But you are correct about the fact that if it wasn't weed, it could be something else. That's why I mentioned alcohol and divorce in a previous post as an example of other things that can cause employment issues. But they were motivated until they discovered weed.