PDA

View Full Version : Odd - Bama pursuing Garner Minshew

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2018, 03:46 PM
https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/962788854448103425

I love how Bama just uses grad transfers as free agency.

Looks like Saban expects to lose Hurts or Tua

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2018, 03:53 PM
That's not just Bama every team uses grad transfers as free agency. We tried to do the same last year at OL & CB.

02-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Check the comments. Those silly Bammers really think that they are taking this guy so they can have 4 capable quarterbacks on the roster. No way Hurts stays there unless he is playing running back.

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/962788854448103425

I love how Bama just uses grad transfers as free agency.

Looks like Saban expects to lose Hurts or Tua

He probably will lose one of them. He knows a lot more than I do, but he needs to be careful. Tua had one good game; Hurts has had a lot of them.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2018, 05:20 PM
That's not just Bama every team uses grad transfers as free agency. We tried to do the same last year at OL & CB.

Yeah. Bama Just gets who they want in graduate transfers and no one else does.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2018, 05:20 PM
He probably will lose one of them. He knows a lot more than I do, but he needs to be careful. Tua had one good game; Hurts has had a lot of them.

Agree

whosyourdawgy
02-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Agreed. This means to me that Hurts is probably gone. Will be Tua starting and only have a redshirt qb to back him up. Having a smart experienced qb there in case something happens to Tua is a good plan. Minshew would be a pretty damn good back up plan

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Do you give up being a starter at East Carolina to be Bama’s backup?

Lord McBuckethead
02-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Hurts hasn't had what I would say a lot of good games. Dude barely can throw the ball downfield. If he had our WRs he would be less than 50%

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Yes.

msstate7
02-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Yes.

I would not. Bama wanting him just made him a commodity. Gardner can choose a better spot now where he can actually start

PassInterference
02-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Hurts is an average at best QB. Just goes to show a Bama doesn?t need a great QB to be a great team.

bulldawg28
02-11-2018, 06:00 PM

No, he would have better options to play rather than sit.

Jack Lambert
02-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Is it true that Tua's family moved to Tuscaloosa and his little brother is just as good and planning on going to Bama?

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2018, 06:19 PM
I know him very well and I think hes gonna go

bulldawg28
02-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Is it true that Tua's family moved to Tuscaloosa and his little brother is just as good and planning on going to Bama?

Their entire family moved to the Birmingham area when Tua enrolled. His younger brother is putting up big numbers out here but he's smaller than his brother. I don't follow him recruiting wise to know if Bama has offered.

bulldawg28
02-11-2018, 06:26 PM
I know him very well and I think hes gonna go

It's the Mississippi upbringing Bama lore that's got him. He's defeating the purpose of a graduate transfer.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2018, 07:10 PM
It's the Mississippi upbringing Bama lore that's got him. He's defeating the purpose of a graduate transfer.

Hes a competitive guy he may change his mind and go somewhere to want to start but you only get so many chances at a realistic shot at a ring.

I dont blame him if he goes either way

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Hes a competitive guy he may change his mind and go somewhere to want to start but you only get so many chances at a realistic shot at a ring.

I dont blame him if he goes either way

Not sure I call it “getting a ring” when you don’t play. I don’t see the personal accomplishment on riding the coattails of others.

Go buy one off EBay if you want one that bad.

Transfer to Arkansas, LSU, etc if he wants to play in the SEC. He’d have a chance to play at those schools.

I would blame him if he went to Bama. Seems like a pretty shitty move
to leave your friends and teammates at ECU to go be a back up somewhere.

If he wasn’t going to start at ECU, I’d see it differently

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Their entire family moved to the Birmingham area when Tua enrolled. His younger brother is putting up big numbers out here but he's smaller than his brother. I don't follow him recruiting wise to know if Bama has offered.

Bama has offered.

02-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Not sure I call it ?getting a ring? when you don?t play. I don?t see the personal accomplishment on riding the coattails of others.

Transfer to Arkansas, LSU, etc if he wants to play in the SEC. He?d have a chance to play at those schools.

If he wasn?t going to start at ECU, I?d see it differently

LSU would seemingly be a GREAT landing spot for him honestly.

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Hurts sucks. He forgotten how to throw the ball. He's totally gun shy and just tucks and runs every single time after his initial read is covered. Something happened to him because he was pretty good when he first started for Bama and made the two other guys transfer but he's totally lost it now. He's like a golfer that can't make a 3 foot put anymore. He's got the yips mentally.

TUSK
02-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Y'all lemme know when a consensus is reached, RE: TUA v Hurts v newbies....

Thx

whosyourdawgy
02-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Maybe, just maybe Gardner is thinking past his football playing days. He is a very smart young man. Maybe he wants to get into coaching when this season is over. Does he have a better shot staying at ECU and suffering through another losing season or does he take the opportunity to be Tua’s back up under NICK SABAN and learn from the best coach in college football. Not to mention have the chance to get in the Saban/Bama coaching pool. I dont know if Gardner wants to get into coaching but i know even at Brandon under Peterson, he knew the offense iinside out and players always played hard for him as a leader of the offense. Just my hunch and it’s a smart smart move in my opinion

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Not sure I call it ?getting a ring? when you don?t play. I don?t see the personal accomplishment on riding the coattails of others.

Transfer to Arkansas, LSU, etc if he wants to play in the SEC. He?d have a chance to play at those schools.

If he wasn?t going to start at ECU, I?d see it differently

Hes not leaving ECU for no reason. Its a family issue. There is a lot more to the story that the public doesnt know

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2018, 01:06 AM
Maybe, just maybe Gardner is thinking past his football playing days. He is a very smart young man. Maybe he wants to get into coaching when this season is over. Does he have a better shot staying at ECU and suffering through another losing season or does he take the opportunity to be Tua’s back up under NICK SABAN and learn from the best coach in college football. Not to mention have the chance to get in the Saban/Bama coaching pool. I dont know if Gardner wants to get into coaching but i know even at Brandon under Peterson, he knew the offense iinside out and players always played hard for him as a leader of the offense. Just my hunch and it’s a smart smart move in my opinion

He does want to get into coaching.

BiscuitEater
02-12-2018, 05:17 AM
Do you give up being a starter at East Carolina to be Bama?s backup?

He has already left ECU .. he is going somewhere!