PDA

View Full Version : So you are in HR....

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2018, 09:53 PM
the flopper from Missouri is applying for a job. Does he even get an interview? He wouldn't from me. Anybody that would do that would defraud your company without even thinking twice.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 10:13 PM
from Missouri

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

Todd4State
02-10-2018, 10:30 PM
I'd actually be pretty impressed that he worked hard enough and had enough commitment and talent to play SEC basketball.

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2018, 10:53 PM
I'd actually be pretty impressed that he worked hard enough and had enough commitment and talent to play SEC basketball.

But he is an obvious cheat. If he would do that in that situation, he would do it to you as an employer without even thinking. He is a cheat, as is that ref.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 10:58 PM
But he is an obvious cheat. If he would do that in that situation, he would do it to you as an employer without even thinking. He is a cheat, as is that ref.

Nobody on Liverpool flops ever?

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Nobody on Liverpool flops ever?
If they do they are expected to at least get touched! Otherwise they get a yellow for a flop. Now honestly 61, are you taking the flopper from Missouri's side here?

IMissJack
02-10-2018, 11:19 PM
the flopper from Missouri is applying for a job. Does he even get an interview? He wouldn't from me. Anybody that would do that would defraud your company without even thinking twice.

So is a catcher framing an obviously outside pitch for strike 3 cheating? Serious question. It is the ref that made the call. I don't care that he flopped, I care that this is just one more symptom of the lack of good officiating in the SEC. It is obvious to me every March in the tourney that those games are called differently than SEC games.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 11:24 PM
If they do they are expected to at least get touched! Otherwise they get a yellow for a flop. Now honestly 61, are you taking the flopper from Missouri's side here?

Nope the Missouri flopper was an embarrassment to Mizzou. I just find it funny you're bitching about flopping when soccer is your favorite sport. It's like a hockey fan not hiring someone cause they got into bar fights.

https://media.giphy.com/media/60g4eFgpGUqGI/giphy.gif

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 11:27 PM
It is obvious to me every March in the tourney that those games are called differently than SEC games.

This is 100% correct. The NCAA tournament is such a breath of fresh air for SEC basketball fans. They officiate completely different in these games. Maybe if we ever get in we will benefit from it somehow though.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2018, 11:31 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TastyUnluckyBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Nope the Missouri flopper was an embarrassment to Mizzou. I just find it funny you're bitching about flopping when soccer is your favorite sport. It's like a hockey fan not hiring someone cause they got into bar fights.

You obviously know nothing about FOOTBALL ,not "soccer"". Are you actually defending the Missouri flopper? If so you are an Italian when it comes to football.

PMDawg
02-10-2018, 11:46 PM

Really dude? It's basketball. A game. If you try to judge his entire being on that one play, then you may be taking this too seriously.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 11:46 PM
You obviously know nothing about FOOTBALL ,not "soccer"". Are you actually defending the Missouri flopper? If so you are an Italian when it comes to football.

I am not defending the Missouri douche. It's soccer too btw. We have real football here in America. Everyone else plays soccer and I watch quite a bit of Premier League. I enjoy it. No commercials for 45+ minutes at a time is ****ing awesome but they flop like dolphins in soccer. It's the worst part of it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-10-2018, 11:51 PM

In Lolverpool?s defense, that Mizzou guy would be suspended for their next game because of that flop if he was in the Premier League. The L would remain, but at least there?d be some level of retribution.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 11:55 PM
In Lolverpool?s defense, that Mizzou guy would be suspended for their next game because of that flop if he was in the Premier League. The L would remain, but at least there?d be some level of retribution.

That'd be awesome but can't do that in college sports. The ref however should get booted from the SEC and he can take Teddy V with him. SEC has some shitty refs and some shitty announcers in basketball. Like really bad. I'd rather have the IVY league refs and announcers without knowing anything about them.

Liverpooldawg
02-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Really dude? It's basketball. A game. If you try to judge his entire being on that one play, then you may be taking this too seriously.

So you support what he did. Interesting.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:02 AM
I am not defending the Missouri douche. It's soccer too btw. We have real football here in America. Everyone else plays soccer and I watch quite a bit of Premier League. I enjoy it. No commercials for 45+ minutes at a time is ****ing awesome but they flop like dolphins in soccer. It's the worst part of it.

Sure they do, but they get yellows when the fake it. They even get them retrospectively on video review now. Are you seriously defending the flopper here? I know you don't like me but damn. That one was obvious.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:04 AM

Exactly. He is a scum bag cheater. I find I immensely interesting that some are taking the cheating bastard's side simply because I am against him.

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Sure they do,mans the get yellows when the fake it. They even get them retrospectively on video review now. Are you seriously defending the flopper here? In know you don't like me but damn. That one was obvious.

Liverpool I am not defending the Missouri basketball player. My feeling of unjustness starts and ends with the ref not the player.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Liverpool I am not defending the Missouri basketball player. My feeling of unjustness starts and ends with the ref not the player.

With all due respect 61, you hate me worse than any ref or opponent. You have never tried to ban an opponent as far as I know. You have routinely done that to me. The Missouri player was a blatant cheater. His cheating won the game for his side, which you obviously support.

I edited to take out something I shouldn’t have said. 61 , I appologise.

PMDawg
02-11-2018, 12:23 AM
So you support what he did. Interesting.

So you believe anyone who has ever flopped in any sport, or any offensive lineman who has ever purposely held, or any defensively player who ever intentionally crossed the line a split second early, any catcher who has ever framed a pitch, etc. etc. is a horrible human being who can't be trusted not to steal you blind? Interesting.

Todd4State
02-11-2018, 12:24 AM

Last time I checked "flopping" isn't cheating in basketball. Explain to me how the guy from Mizzou forced the official blow the whistle? Be mad at the official- sure. But at the player- I wouldn't base his job career on that play.

PMDawg
02-11-2018, 12:27 AM
With all due respect 61, you hate me worse than any ref or opponent. You have never tried to ban an opponent as far as I know. You have routinely done that to me. The Missouri player was a blatant cheater. His cheating won the game for his side, which you obviously support. You can go straight to ..

You need to calm down and cool off. It sucks we lost. It was a shitty way to lose. We got jobbed. But it happened and its over. Time to move on. Frankly, at this point, you really come off as mentally unstable. Either that or a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

Geez man, you're telling a guy to go to Hell because he doesn't hate a guy you think he should hate? This whole thread is just weird and creepy and I regret ever opening it. I hope you're alright because you seem unhinged. Sleep it off. Good night.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:30 AM
So you believe anyone who has ever flopped in any sport, or any offensive lineman who has ever purposely held, or any defensively player who ever intentionally crossed the line a split second early, any catcher who has ever framed a pitch, etc. etc. is a horrible human being who can't be trusted not to steal you blind? Interesting.

So you support the ref too.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Very interesting. I called it as even the SEC Network guys did, but because it's me, you guys are taking the anti MSU stance. Hilarious! No surprise. It confirms what I have always thought. Hail State!

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 12:51 AM
With all due respect 61, you hate me worse than any ref or opponent. You have never tried to ban an opponent as far as I know. You have routinely done that to me. The Missouri player was a blatant cheater. His cheating won the game for his side, which you obviously support. You can go straight to ..

With all due respect 61, you hate me worse than any ref or opponent.

I don't hate you Liverpool. I am a live in the moment type of person. There have been moments in the past when I hated the **** outta you very true but then two hours later I could not give a shit one way or the other about you. No offense. Things wash off my back. You should try it.

You have never tried to ban an opponent as far as I know. Dude if I could ban an opponent I would live to be 300 years old because it'd be so damn fun banning everyone I want to in sports. Cristiano Renaldo would be playing soccer in ****ing North Korea I'd ban him outta so many leagues. Lebron James would be playing basketball in New Zealand. Alabama would be playing football in the Patriot League. Oh man I could go on and on and on with this if only I could ban the opponent.

You have routinely done that to me. I banned you once Liverpool. One time. That is not the definition of "routine". I banned you back in June of last year because you refused to let something go. Same reason AP got banned. You can't continue on with the same fight for over a month with someone. People have their limitations. You want to discover them well when you continue on and on for over a month about the same issue you will discover the other person's limitations. Learn from it brother. That was half a year ago and Scooba has welcomed you back to the Poli board just recently. Next time you have an issue with someone get it all out then and there and then be done with it for good. Move on from arguments. How have you managed to have children and not learned this already??

The Missouri player was a blatant cheater. I don't view what the Missouri player did as cheating. I view what he did as doing his job. His job is to try and get a charge called on the offensive player. He did his job even though the offensive player didn't actually commit a charge. Again the unjustness I feel from the play only stems from the ref not doing his job correctly which would of been to swallow his whistle and let Peters shoot the game winner. For that I am pissed off about it but again things wash on my back so by this time tomorrow I won't really give much of a shit about it anymore. Try it.

His cheating won the game for his side, which you obviously support. This is just going off the range mentality here. I have started multiple threads on multiple boards about my disgust for the ref's lack of doing his job. You start a thread on here wanting discussion and then when you don't agree with the other poster you go full mental on them. That doesn't really make the other poster want to discuss things with you again Liverpool. People remember that they just don't necessarily keep bad feelings about it though which is good. You should try this.

You can go straight to .. I can go straight to hell? Well it's Saturday night and you can go straight to the liquor cabinet and pour yourself another whiskey neat. No bad feelings here from me to you Sir. Bury the hatchet please if you've got one towards me. Tomorrow is a new day.

Todd4State
02-11-2018, 01:24 AM
Very interesting. I called it as even the SEC Network guys did, but because it's me, you guys are taking the anti MSU stance. Hilarious! No surprise. It confirms what I have always thought. Hail State!

Actually, if you said that the official should be fired I think everyone would agree with you. In the working world not hiring that player because of that is nuts. For some reason you're not getting that connection.

Bdawg
02-11-2018, 05:18 AM
I think it was a p***y move by the player and I wouldn’t play the game that way, but it in no way would it have a bearing on a job opportunity. Do I like the way he plays the game? NO. Does it make him a bad job candidate later in life? NO. I also blame the official for falling for that garbage type play and he should be reprimanded. I know im tired of refs anticipating the call instead of just waiting to see it.

Dawgface
02-11-2018, 07:56 AM
What a dumb thead.

Mimi's Babies
02-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't even waste my time calling him for an Interview. No interest letter sent.

If you will cheat at basketball or anything else... What else will you do to embarrass yourself and your team/employer.

Potential employers check people's Facebook pages etc.... Js

gravedigger
02-11-2018, 10:10 AM

In this 'results are the only things that matter' world, you'd be considered crazy. Also, I'm not so sure he was flopping but collapsing at normal speed to keep from getting his ankles broken by Peters. It was a good basketball play on both players parts. This was the moronic call and nothing else.

gravedigger
02-11-2018, 10:27 AM
So you support the ref too.

None of these posters 'support the ref'. Man, your logic is flawed. They dont believe that the player is the focus here. He didnt 'cheat'. Making something appear to be a foul isnt cheating.

On the other hand, you need to keep in mind that just because someone doesnt agree with your argument, doesnt make them wrong or 'on the other side'. It may just mean you made a terrible argument and they cannot support the way you came to your conclusion.

Your response though is typical of the way people think these days. If someone isnt on MY side, they are definately the enemy supporting the OTHER side.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Liverpool lost two points a week ago today because of a flopper.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Actually, if you said that the official should be fired I think everyone would agree with you. In the working world not hiring that player because of that is nuts. For some reason you're not getting that connection.

My dad, an old coach, always said if you cheat in one thing you will most likely cheat at anything. That guy won’t be remembered by anybody but us. But if he was getting an interview and somebody DID happen to remember, it will hurt him.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 10:48 AM
I apologize 61, for one line I used yesterday. I shouldn’t have said that. I was mad about the call in such a critical game and you and I bring out the worst in each other, but that is no excuse. I took it the line out of that post. I still wouldn’t hire the guy though. That stands.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Players are taught to flop. He did what he was supposed to do, i.e. try to draw a foul. Had he not done so he may have been in trouble with his coach. While I hate flopping, it's now a regular part of the game. There are no rules against it, therefore it is not cheating. Ref blew the call. That's all there is to it.

PMDawg
02-11-2018, 11:05 AM
What a dumb thead.

I agree and I regret my username is in it. I would be happy if this entire idiotic thread was deleted.

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 12:09 PM
The only sport that I know of where players call fouls on themselves and don't try to get away with offenses or bend the rules is golf. And even they may do it occasionally (e.g., Tiger Woods getting the gallary to move the boulder, but even that was within the rules at the time).

Dawg61
02-11-2018, 12:41 PM
The only sport that I know of where players call fouls on themselves and don't try to get away with offenses or bend the rules is golf. And even they may do it occasionally (e.g., Tiger Woods getting the gallary to move the boulder, but even that was within the rules at the time).

Oh man if basketball played by golf rules it'd take a week to finish a game players would have to call so many penalties on themselves and each other. Except Stapleton cause nothing ever is a foul in his eyes.

RocketDawg
02-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Oh man if basketball played by golf rules it'd take a week to finish a game players would have to call so many penalties on themselves and each other. Except Stapleton cause nothing ever is a foul in his eyes.

Yeah, that's true. Same in football. I guess golf is slow enough that it doesn't really matter. Thankfully they did away with the ability of fans to call in and change the outcome (Lexi Thompson situation).

They really should be able to review calls like that in the last minute or so of the game though, I think. The situation reminded me of Morgan's game-winning shot against UConn last year ... I don't remember if that was close enough to call like yesterday or not. Regardless, it was a bad call and we got scrod in the Missouri game.