PDA

View Full Version : See ya AK (OM basketball coach)

msstate7
02-10-2018, 05:55 PM
No way he is not fired this offseason

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 06:03 PM
I hope they keep him
Lol

RougeDawg
02-10-2018, 06:04 PM

They are bad and how we lost to them is beyond unthinkable. If we finish 4-2 and done make tourney, you can thank AK.

RocketDawg
02-10-2018, 06:37 PM

If they somehow manage to beat us in Starkville in a couple of weeks they'll probably keep him on.

I've always thought he did a pretty good job for them. He's far from elite, but they aren't either. He's no Schaefer or Howland but they probably won't do better.

RocketDawg
02-10-2018, 06:37 PM
I hope they keep him
Lol

Exactly. :)

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 06:40 PM
They'll go after Kermit or Stansbury if they fire him. I think Kennedy gets extended rope there because he parties with everyone all the time and they like that but I agree with 7 in that this is his last year there. Thing is their all-out football recruiting strategy would be more successful with basketball than football where 2-3 all-world talents could carry them a whole lot farther in basketball than football. Maybe they'll go after Rick Pitino if he doesn't have a show cause.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Stands to OM- that would be soooo awesome.

msstate7
02-10-2018, 06:42 PM
They'll go after Kermit or Stansbury if they fire him. I think Kennedy gets extended rope there because he parties with everyone all the time and they like that but I agree with 7 in that this is his last year there. Thing is their all-out football recruiting strategy would be more successful with basketball than football where 2-3 all-world talents could carry them a whole lot farther in basketball than football. Maybe they'll go after Rick Pitino if he doesn't have a show cause.
For entertainment purposes here only, Stansbury would be the best thing ever. I really hope they get a lesser coach than Stansbury though

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 06:47 PM
For entertainment purposes here only, Stansbury would be the best thing ever. I really hope they get a lesser coach than Stansbury though

I'd enjoy Stansbury at OM. I'd also enjoy Pitino at OM. NCAA isn't gonna do shit so **** it let's at least watch em troll Kentucky in basketball for awhile.

BuckyIsAB****
02-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Its his contract year anyway so they prolly wont fire him, theyll just say ''both parties decided to go separate ways'' or somn like that

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-10-2018, 09:21 PM

Stans had 75% WP against OM they’d never hire him. But thank goodness we have the 4 game winning streak to erase any bad memories over the last 7 years tho!*********

Goldendawg
02-10-2018, 09:34 PM
They've had AK on a slippery slope since they built the new BB facility. With the new digs, they think AK is not a big enough name for them and they can land a big hire. Kind of like when they set their sites on a big name FB coach and end up with the late Rev. or Luke.

Jack Lambert
02-10-2018, 09:57 PM

He's not a good game X and O guy but he can recruit. How I don't know and it just might be perception. I really don't want him at Ole Miss but I don't think those arrogant pricks up north would take our throw away.

drummerdawg
02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
They'll go for Kermit.

Spiderman
02-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Sorry, but any State fan that wants Stans at OM is wanting the wrong thing. Think about it, Stans in THAT culture?

BeardoMSU
02-10-2018, 11:43 PM

C'mon, dude....they could do A LOT worse than Stans. Like a **** OF A LOT worse.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Think about it, Stans in THAT culture?

Exactly.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 11:52 PM
Sorry, but any State fan that wants Stans at OM is wanting the wrong thing. Think about it, Stans in THAT culture?

What it's like throwing Tony Montana on a giant pile of cocaine. We wanna see what happens. He might win a NIT Title and the next year blowup the Sad Pad throwing a hooker party with Freezus. We only got one life Spiderman let's see what the Rebs can do with Bury.

BeardoMSU
02-11-2018, 12:28 AM
What it's like throwing Tony Montana on a giant pile of cocaine. We wanna see what happens. He might win a NIT Title and the next year blowup the Sad Pad throwing a hooker party with Freezus. We only got one life Spiderman let's see what the Rebs can do with Bury.

Lol, good analogy...and I agree, to an extent. But I still think they could do a lot worse. I'd prefer they hire someone who can't recruit...obviously AK doesn't recruit on our level, but Stans would definitely tantalize their base...especially since OM and their Network are primed for sleezy basketball 'cruiting; they just haven't had a coach to seize the potential.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Maybe they can him, but I doubt it. He would have not survived the "international incident" at any other school in the US.

Todd4State
02-11-2018, 01:26 AM
Lol, good analogy...and I agree, to an extent. But I still think they could do a lot worse. I'd prefer they hire someone who can't recruit...obviously AK doesn't recruit on our level, but Stans would definitely tantalize their base...especially since OM and their Network are primed for sleezy basketball 'cruiting; they just haven't had a coach to seize the potential.

Oddly enough they only seem to care about football recruiting. I don't know about basketball recruiting...but we're ahead of them right now in baseball recruiting several years out and they don't seem to be panicking too much right now.