PDA

View Full Version : Carter stat line

Leeshouldveflanked
02-10-2018, 05:27 PM
0-4 1 rebound 1 assist 1 foul in 22 mins... this should have been his type of game....also not much defensive effort when he was in game ...

RougeDawg
02-10-2018, 05:33 PM
He has been pretty bad since conference play started.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Everything about his shot looks good. It just doesn't go in.

I still think he still needs gain weight because he drives to the basket pretty well for how skinny he is.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 06:49 PM
He is an SEC back-up player. Great shot but struggles against athletic guys that play in the SEC to hound him. I wish like hell he was his dad- but he isnt

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Just saw the replay of Mizzou's go ahead 3, damn Q didn't need to drop off his man to help. Nick was on him. We have to stop doing that shit.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Just saw the replay of Mizzou's go ahead 3, damn Q didn't need to drop off his man to help. Nick was on him. We have to stop doing that shit.

Q is not a good defender- but he is a good rebounder

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 06:54 PM

Yep there was no reason to double on that. Left a jump shooter wide open. Our 3 defense killed us.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Q is not a good defender- but he is a good rebounder

he should be a good defender, but he's lackadaisical at times and makes mental errors.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Not really one single play lost this game and that's the case for almost every game but we have to stop doing stupid shit like fouling 3-point shooters and getting technicals. Those are just total mental collapses we can't afford to have ever.

msstate7
02-10-2018, 06:57 PM
I think carter will be a very solid player for us before his career is over. I think he will start making a really nice jump next season and have a very good senior campaign.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 07:01 PM
he should be a good defender, but he's lackadaisical at times and makes mental errors.

and they all do it- especially Holman. Im really surprised we play as good on defense as we do considering our youth and how soft we are on the inside. The length of Ado and Holman really help out

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 07:01 PM
I think carter will be a very solid player for us before his career is over. I think he will start making a really nice jump next season and have a very good senior campaign.

It's really a shame he didn't redshirt last year because he does have potential. I know it's probably messing with his head that he played so much last year and his minutes are getting cut this year.

Ari Gold
02-10-2018, 07:02 PM
They guy was driving . Q dropped down to close out and left a guy that was 1-16 I think from behind he 3 point line .. Kid just knocked down the shot.

msstate7
02-10-2018, 07:04 PM
It's really a shame he didn't redshirt last year because he does have potential. I know it's probably messing with his head that he played so much last year and his minutes are getting cut this year.

If ever a player could have used a RS, it was carter.

OT, but I really wish we would do something different with our S&C in basketball. We seem to be thin looking vs every team we play

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Not really one single play lost this game and that's the case for almost every game but we have to stop doing stupid shit like fouling 3-point shooters and getting technicals. Those are just total mental collapses we can't afford to have ever.

The main thing that cost us was our perimeter D. They knocked down 12 3's and shot 46%. Our strategy on the screens was puzzling or maybe the players weren't doing what Howland wanted them to do.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 07:08 PM
They guy was driving . Q dropped down to close out and left a guy that was 1-16 I think from behind he 3 point line .. Kid just knocked down the shot.

We will just have to disagree. Nick was in position, in front of his man. Q dropped off and left a guy wide open in the corner and he buried it.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 07:11 PM

Also, Puryear was 10-40 on the year, not 1-16. Close though.

Ari Gold
02-10-2018, 07:35 PM
We will just have to disagree. Nick was in position, in front of his man. Q dropped off and left a guy wide open in the corner and he buried it.

Guy drivin baseline you show and help . Just like Q did. Just like ever other well coached defensive team would do. Kid just made a shot . I bet CBH would have taken that guy taking that shot every day .

Coursesuper
02-10-2018, 08:20 PM

I do not, he absolutely lacks the toughness to play in the SEC, he's just soft.

gravedigger
02-10-2018, 08:23 PM
He has been pretty bad since conference play started.

He made critical shots in the bama game.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Carter could redshirt next year- its not like he is going pro or anything.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 08:30 PM
I do not, he absolutely lacks the toughness to play in the SEC, he's just soft.

Carter has great upside. He can score a bunch of points faster than everyone but Peters. His problem is his strength. He has to hit the weights and Barnhill's buffet like his pro career depends on it. Cause it does. Rather have that problem than Renardo Sidney's.

confucius say
02-10-2018, 08:34 PM

We did it the whole game. Constantly helped off of shooters, leaving the shooter wide open. Missouri wants to shoot threes. They take the most in the league. Cant help off of shooters.

confucius say
02-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Guy drivin baseline you show and help . Just like Q did. Just like ever other well coached defensive team would do. Kid just made a shot . I bet CBH would have taken that guy taking that shot every day .

I get that is what you would normally do. Works great against Bama. Prob even Mizzou when they are on road. But we left shooters all day to help and it killed us. Adjust at some point.

I do think your point that the last guy was not a great 3 pt shooter is a valid one though. My larger point, and what marketing and I were debating in the game thread, is we helped off of shooters all day and it killed us.

Coursesuper
02-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Carter has great upside. He can score a bunch of points faster than everyone but Peters. His problem is his strength. He has to hit the weights and Barnhill's buffet like his pro career depends on it. Cause it does. Rather have that problem than Renardo Sidney's.

Toughness is a mindset, you either are or you aren't by nature. It's not something that can be taught or coached into someone. That kid just isn't. From time to time he will hit an open jumper but I just don't think he's a player we will depend on to win games for us.

Dawg61
02-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Toughness is a mindset, you either are or you aren't by nature. It's not something that can be taught or coached into someone. That kid just isn't. From time to time he will hit an open jumper but I just don't think he's a player we will depend on to win games for us.

Fair point. Carter shows me flashes of being a great offensive player. We saw him score 35 in a game this year already. That's what I see in him. Not 35 every game but that potential. He is very good at driving to the basket he just never does it. I am not saying Carter will be a pro but I won't rule it out either. Antonio Daniels was on nobody's radar anywhere ever when he was a junior in college at Bowling Green State University. Then he transformed his game over the summer and put on some muscle and blew up all the way to getting drafted #4 and having a 13 year NBA career. I see similar potential in Carter that Daniels had. Maybe a year of redshirting and hitting the weights hard is a good idea for him. Maybe it's also a good idea for Eli, Datcher and Feazell as I don't see any of those 3 getting many minutes next year. Obviously we can't redshirt 4 dudes but some of them might want to.

MarketingBully
02-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Also, Puryear was 10-40 on the year, not 1-16. Close though.

1-16 was in SEC play.

msstate7
02-10-2018, 09:12 PM
1-16 was in SEC play.

Just our luck... a guy that is a terrible 3-point shooter compared to our guys hits a game winning 3

MarketingBully
02-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Just our luck... a guy that is a terrible 3-point shooter compared to our guys hits a game winning 3

Well technically speaking, we did get it back. Peters 3 should have counted and we should have been up 1 with 2 seconds or so to go in the game. If the ref was going to call that on Peters, I really don’t understand what Peters could have done that wouldn’t of gotten that offensive charge call. He juked Geist out of his jock and Geist fell down because he was a terrible defender and couldn’t keep up with Peters stop on a dime pull up. Sucks that a shitty defender gets rewarded because he was so bad he fell down.

Goldendawg
02-10-2018, 09:19 PM
we are not getting many points from our bench.