PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear Richard Cross drop a Racial Slur today?

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I did and I can guarantee a Cajun would have knock him in the face for it. The most ironic thing about it, it was right after talking about the Ole Miss gay bashing. I don't know if he knew he said it.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
I did and I can guarantee a Cajun would have knock him in the face for it. The most ironic thing about it, it was right after talking about the Ole Miss gay bashing. I don't know if he knew he said it.

What did he say?

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
What did he say?

He told a guy to keep those Coon A** away. I know a lot of cajuns and they use it with each other but they don't really like someone else calling them that. It did not bug me because I think things get over blown but he has been on the radio and tv for a long time and you would think he would know not to use any type of slur.

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 06:45 PM
some people consider it a term of endearment, but others don't. Dumb move for sure.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
That university breeds arrogant people that have no reasons for being arrogant. I don't think Cross is a bad guy or meant any malice with what he said, but he point is that when you are totally surrounded by arrogant people that look down at everyone else, it's really easy to say stupid things.

chef dixon
10-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Cross is a major douche at times, but I think he's actually pretty talented as far as radio goes. Figured he'd know better.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-03-2013, 07:04 PM
He told a guy to keep those Coon A** away. I know a lot of cajuns and they use it with each other but they don't really like someone else calling them that. It did not bug me because I think things get over blown but he has been on the radio and tv for a long time and you would think he would know not to use any type of slur.

PC is run amok if you can't refer to LSU fans as coon asses. I assume that's what he was doing. What's next, no corndog jokes? Can't refer to northerners as Yankees? No Christopher Columbus in school texts? Ridiculous.

**sarcasm, but sort of true**

Schultzy
10-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Not a big cross fan but what is the ethnic slur correlation with coon ass? Is it French or something?

Will James
10-03-2013, 07:17 PM
PC is run amok if you can't refer to LSU fans as coon asses.

I agree.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I agree except for the christopher colombus part....

EnterpriseDawg
10-03-2013, 07:32 PM
It doesn't bother me. Coon ass is just slur for a Cajun (people that are Canadian-French). Now if it's from someone I don't really care for to begin with that might be a little different.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 08:16 PM
PC is run amok if you can't refer to LSU fans as coon asses. I assume that's what he was doing. What's next, no corndog jokes? Can't refer to northerners as Yankees? No Christopher Columbus in school texts? Ridiculous.

**sarcasm, but sort of true**

I tend to agree with you but in todays world a radio guy should be careful.

hells bells
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
A Indian cannot be called a Redskin.
A white guy can be called a Cracker.
Not proper to call a Mexican a Wetback.
From the south, Redneck.
From the north, Yankee.

Care to add on.

Bubb Rubb
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM
They will always be coonasses to me. That includes some of my relatives. I don't consider it a racial or ethnic slur.

hells bells
10-03-2013, 10:02 PM
They will always be coonasses to me. That includes some of my relatives. I don't consider it a racial or ethnic slur.

Exactly, good call.

Pollodawg
10-03-2013, 10:16 PM
The French settlers that were kicked out of Nova Scotia by the English in 1756--I think--in what was called the "Great Expulsion" settled in Louisiana, becoming modern day Cajuns. The term can be seen as an endearment or an insult.

bulldawg28
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Coonass is a cajun term it's not racist. Heck they call each other that regardless of race.

Pollodawg
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
But I've honestly never met one that was insulted by it. My wife's people are all from Louisiana and are familiar with the culture.

Will James
10-03-2013, 10:18 PM
The French settlers that were kicked out of Nova Scotia by the English in 1756--I think--in what was called the "Great Expulsion" settled in Louisiana, becoming modern day Cajuns. The term can be seen as an endearment or an insult.

Where exactly is the Coon or the Ass coming into play in that story and how could it be considered an insult, just because you are referring to a certain group?

bully99
10-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I tried to give that show a chance but I seldom listen to it. Between Dick Crosses stuttering and Matt Wyatts grunting and animal noises,it's just too Much for me. Why does Dick Cross sound like Andy Rooney. Every time he talks it's in the form of a question. Weird. Wyatts yelling and screaming just gets on my nerves.
It's little more than a 3 hour NASCAR race. The never ending shilling for the sponsors. No Thanks.

Pollodawg
10-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Where exactly is the Coon or the Ass coming into play in that story and how could it be considered an insult, just because you are referring to a certain group?

I have no clue where the name came from, man. That's just where Cajuns came from. I would say probably 90% of them don't consider it offensive.

FlabLoser
10-03-2013, 10:34 PM
South LA used to be known as Acadia. Injuns are Indians and Cajuns are Acadians.

ckDOG
10-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Tell me more about this race of Louisiana people.