PDA

View Full Version : One of those games where he hurts us a little more than helps

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Still growing into the role he has to learn to play. We will live of die by Peter's ability to not ball hog.

drummerdawg
02-10-2018, 04:32 PM
What? We wouldn't have made that comeback if it weren't for him.

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:35 PM
What? We wouldn't have made that comeback if it weren't for him.

And would not have had to come back......

The 3 at the end wasnt needed. And he was past an NBA 3.

Goldendawg
02-10-2018, 04:36 PM
If we had guarded the 3 in the entire game, we win by at least 10.

RougeDawg
02-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Peters was key in the comeback. Once he gets it all together and starts realizing, in game, that they can?t stay with him we will be tough to beat.

The fact we are even here bitching about such a hard fought close loss that has us on the bubble, is an example of how far this program has come. Have to hold serve at home and steal one or two in the road.

shoeless joe
02-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Peters ability to get to the hoop was basically our offense all game. The foul at the end was BS. Anyone that doesn't see either of those things isn't very smart

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:40 PM
That's not me saying I dont want him on the court. It just is what it is. He has improved.... but this game was a bit of a step back.

vv83
02-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Still growing into the role he has to learn to play. We will live of die by Peter's ability to not ball hog.

If you think he hurt us more than he helped this game you are either trolling or asinine

Coach34
Holy shit- Peters was the best player on the floor for us. 22 points/7 assists/4 steals. He is going to turn it over some but damn- we dont sniff staying within 10 without him.

chef dixon
This thread is so bad

Coach007
Peters was key in the comeback. Once he gets it all together and starts realizing, in game, that they can?t stay with him we will be tough to beat.

The fact we are even here bitching about such a hard fought close loss that has us on the bubble, is an example of how far this program has come. Have to hold serve at home and steal one or two in the road.

Never said he wasn't key in the come back. People need to learn to differentiate.

stalkingpoon
02-10-2018, 04:42 PM
And would not have had to come back......

The 3 at the end wasnt needed. And he was past an NBA 3.

And he drilled it. The guy sold the charge but if the ref doesn?t call it everyone is singing a different tune.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 04:43 PM
... The 3 at the end wasnt needed. And he was past an NBA 3.

and he made it. Baldy just had to step in and show people he was still on the court. SEC officials are awful

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Holy shit- Peters was the best player on the floor for us. 22 points/7 assists/4 steals. He is going to turn it over some but damn- we dont sniff staying within 10 without him.

The difference is.knowing when to kick it out instead of taking on 3 players with set feet.

I'm not arguing, I am simply saying he has growing to do if we are to compete for any kind of title. His decision making is not where it needs to be.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Peters was the only reason we were still in the game. Geez. Our 3 point defense is what killed us. I want the ball in Peters hands with the game on the line.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 04:45 PM
This thread is so bad

LOL, why are people even responding to it. Guy is clueless.

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:47 PM
and he made it. Baldy just had to step in and show people he was still on the court. SEC officials are awful

He extended his arm and elbow... it's going to be called. He had others that were In a better position to play for the tie.

He is getting better, and I am not calling for him to not play nor am I calling Howland out for anything.

I am stating facts.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2018, 04:48 PM
He extended his arm and elbow... it's going to be called. He had others that were In a better position to play for the tie.

He is getting better, and I am not calling for him to not play nor am I calling Howland out for anything.

I am stating facts.

quit while you're behind.

VandelayIndustries
02-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Dude that was a horrible call, the guy sold it. In no way was that a push off

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:52 PM
quit while you're behind.

Any team can have one guy who can take the shots and have high numbers. That does not mean that it out weighs nor offsets the negatives.

Again..... I have been squarely behind Peters. That does not mean I have to some how put blinders on.

Same with Fitz. He is breaking records.. love watching him. But he doesn't improve in the passing game, we won't take the next step.... our chances will be slimmer.

Nothing wrong with recognizing it.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 04:53 PM
If y?all watch the replay ol bald headed official had his head turned away from the play. When he got his head back around all he saw was Home boy flopping. He was in no position to make that call. They let em play physical the whole game and then call that crap? The first half drought is what lost the gsme(and not defending the 3 point). Peters kept us in it.

Coach007
02-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Dude that was a horrible call, the guy sold it. In no way was that a push off

And the call on Holman was Bs. Those happen. Doesnt negate what I am saying.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2018, 05:01 PM
And the call on Holman was Bs. Those happen. Doesnt negate what I am saying.

Naw what you're saying is dumb enough on its own merit. It doesn't need help.

msstate7
02-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Lol... iyok calling someone dumb is rare. I like you, 007, but you wrong dude

RougeDawg
02-10-2018, 05:11 PM
I?ll even raise you one and say the reason for the run the last 3 weeks is mainly because of Peters and his play. He has really turned the corner mentally and his play is doing the same. Hope he watches this tape and realizes he can get to the rim whenever he wants. This will open up a ton of easy dunks for ado and Holman if they get good position on the drives.

Coach34
02-10-2018, 05:14 PM
You can argue as to where Peters is our best player or not- some will go with Q or Nick- but you really cant dispute that Peters is our most important player.

LC Dawg
02-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Peters was not the problem today but even if he or anyone else goes 0-20 with 10 turnovers I would prefer to never see a thread started just to be negative about one of our players. It?s just a bad look in my opinion.

Lord McBuckethead
02-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Are you serious? Of all the players you chose to roast, it's Peters? Dude was making play after play out there. Bet you are huge fan of Datcher and Holman today. Note: Holman did have some good plays at the end there.

MetEdDawg
02-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Peters was great. But 2 fouls on a 3 point shooter is unacceptable. Believe that’s at least 3 straight games with a foul on a 3 point shooter by him.

He’s an insanely dynamic player. But his dumb stuff is really dumb. But here’s no denying he was the main reason we even had a chance in this game.

Sometimes it’s possible for a player to play well AND do dumb stuff. Feel like sometimes we all think it’s an either or. Not for Peters. He makes some boneheaded decisions. But he’s really good. Today he was really good, but he made a couple really boneheaded plays.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 05:19 PM

IYOK bringing the heat! Highly unusual for him, must tell you how off base those statements are.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2018, 05:21 PM
I?ll even raise you one and say the reason for the run the last 3 weeks is mainly because of Peters and his play. He has really turned the corner mentally and his play is doing the same. Hope he watches this tape and realizes he can get to the rim whenever he wants. This will open up a ton of easy dunks for ado and Holman if they get good position on the drives.

Yep, good point. When he started playing team ball instead of me ball it changed our team.

Lord McBuckethead
02-10-2018, 05:27 PM
That loss is on Howland for not adjusting to their game and continuing doubling their bigs. When we started covering we played better.

tcdog70
02-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Any team can have one guy who can take the shots and have high numbers. That does not mean that it out weighs nor offsets the negatives.

Again..... I have been squarely behind Peters. That does not mean I have to some how put blinders on.

Same with Fitz. He is breaking records.. love watching him. But he doesn't improve in the passing game, we won't take the next step.... our chances will be slimmer.

Nothing wrong with recognizing it.

What? You are full of shit on Peters and now you drag Fitz into your stupid post. Just damn