PDA

View Full Version : Mullen on Georgia

msstate7
02-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Mark schlabach @Mark_Schlabach
Dan Mullen on UGA: "Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying? In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

Mullen is barking up the wrong tree. I think smart is gonna bend him over his knee, again

RocketDawg
02-08-2018, 08:45 PM
That's pretty cocky to say the least. And "We" haven't been there 2 of the last 3 years ... it was his predecessor.

Apoplectic
02-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Who is this ?we? he speaks of

RocketDawg
02-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Was he this bad when he worked for us? Didn't seem like it, but I suppose it's just how you view things.

BrunswickDawg
02-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Was he this bad when he worked for us? Didn't seem like it, but I suppose it's just how you view things.

He is just embodying the dickishness of the UF fan base. I bet Dan gets along well with that asshole baseball coach they have too.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Florida?s been to sec championship game 2 out of last 3 years. danny boy been sitting at the house watching. Ain?t no we?ve been to it .

TrapGame
02-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Man, that guy's a prick.

I seen it dawg
02-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Mullen is a ****ing douche idiot.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 09:26 PM
He is just embodying the dickishness of the UF fan base. I bet Dan gets along well with that asshole baseball coach they have too.

I don?t know who I despise more, O?Sullivan or manieri. Yeah I bet danny boy and O?Sullivan get along fine.

Ari Gold
02-08-2018, 09:39 PM
The job that Dan really wanted.. now he has to play them every year. Good luck with that.

Cooterpoot
02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
GA saw through Danny. It’s hurts his feelings.

Westdawg
02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Wow. That?s pretty solid bulletin board material from a HC to his biggest conference rival.
He?s taking credit for something that his predecessor did the two years before he arrived.....and also got fired because UF didn?t think he was good enough for them. Danny boy ain?t gonna last long in Gator land

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
danny boy ain?t beating Kirby and in a couple years won?t beat Pruitt either, maybe even by this coming season. May not beat usce either. Heck they could be 4th in the east the next couple years.

msstate7
02-08-2018, 09:55 PM
danny boy ain?t beating Kirby and in a couple years won?t beat Pruitt either, maybe even by this coming season. May not beat usce either. Heck they could be 4th in the east the next couple years.

I think Mullen will stay 2nd best in the east. I do not think he will beat Georgia much if any and lose more than he wins vs FSU. I think Mullen will have Florida an AP 11-15 team, which is good... not good enough at Florida though

NCDawg
02-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Man, that guy's a prick.

But he was loved when he was here. Anybody that questioned anything he did on a message board was blasted by certain posters.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 10:01 PM
I think Mullen will stay 2nd best in the east. I do not think he will beat Georgia much if any and lose more than he wins vs FSU. I think Mullen will have Florida an AP 11-15 team, which is good... not good enough at Florida though

Pruitt knows how to beat danny boy offense just like nick and kirby. He?s gonna get talent at ut and I don?t think Dan will beat him. Muschamp is getting some pretty good talent at usce too. Dan gonna have to hustle to keep up,

RougeDawg
02-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Anybody check the Rant for comments on the yankee?s comments about Georgia?

Apoplectic
02-08-2018, 10:07 PM
GA saw through Danny. It’s hurts his feelings.

It?s not like Stricklin had a choice. He missed on everyone he wanted and when the heat got too hot he knew old dirk Mullen would be there.

-Grow up...-Scooba

maroonmania
02-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Guess Mullen had to leave for UF so he could claim he was the HC of a program that had recently been to the SEC championship game.

Doggie_Style
02-08-2018, 10:28 PM
One year ago people on this board would crucify you if you didn’t kiss Don’s arse...geesh

bluelightstar
02-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Mullen is pretty good at trash-talking a school's biggest rival and then losing to them when the chips are down. He'd better not cost UF an outside chance at the playoffs, a Sugar Bowl, or a Citrus Bowl by losing to FSU/UGA like he did here with Ole Miss.

msstate7
02-08-2018, 11:36 PM
One year ago people on this board would crucify you if you didn’t kiss Don’s arse...geesh

I love all our current coaches. I may be critical as heck of them at times, but I stand with them while they are here. Once they leave, frick em... my loyalties are to state, not a coach

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 11:43 PM
I love all our current coaches. I may be critical as heck of them at times, but I stand with them while they are here. Once they leave, frick em... my loyalties are to state, not a coach

Same here(accept for Jackie). I love the Kang!

Todd4State
02-09-2018, 12:12 AM
The thing is Dan has to make the SEC Championship Game to even come close to the standards that Florida has.

I seriously think Dan lacks common sense while at the same time thinking he is smarter than everyone else. It's an incredibly dangerous combination.

Ultimately how I think this will play out at Florida is after about two years and completely whiffing in recruiting and losing battles to FSU and Miami as well as maybe Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee at times they're going to demand changes and Dan will get pouty. After he gets his ass handed to him by FSU and Georgia at least twice the next three years he will be on the hot seat if not fired and then he will probably go back to Urban Meyer as his OC again.

I think Pruitt will have Tennessee at least as good as Dan because he will out recruit Dan. Georgia will be a lot better. South Carolina will give them some tough games but I could see Dan beating them. FSU I think will beat him as well.

Commercecomet24
02-09-2018, 12:53 AM
danny boy now trying to explain to the uf faithful why they won?t have a full 85 on scholarship this season. Says it by design! Lol sound familiar

ScoobaDawg
02-09-2018, 12:58 AM
Dan Mullen on UGA: "Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying? In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

Mullen is barking up the wrong tree. I think smart is gonna bend him over his knee, again

EXACTLY... can you say 65-7 if he is lucky? Kirby knows Dan's system and it's not going to change.

Commercecomet24
02-09-2018, 01:00 AM
EXACTLY... can you say 65-7 if he is lucky? Kirby knows Dan's system and it's not going to change.

Yep Kirby and Pruitt both,

BuckyIsAB****
02-09-2018, 01:05 AM

Hes doing the same thing he did here against OM. Remember the shit talking swag having dan we all loved?

The one that said we are never losing to OM again? The one that got on the mic and said one program is def on the rise in this state?

If they get that Dan they will be hell

Todd4State
02-09-2018, 01:38 AM
danny boy now trying to explain to the uf faithful why they won?t have a full 85 on scholarship this season. Says it by design! Lol sound familiar

"It's not that I can't recruit...we meant to miss on all those offensive line recruits."

Todd4State
02-09-2018, 01:46 AM
Hes doing the same thing he did here against OM. Remember the shit talking swag having dan we all loved?

The one that said we are never losing to OM again? The one that got on the mic and said one program is def on the rise in this state?

To be fair- if I'm not mistaken the "we're never losing to Ole Miss again" speech was in the locker room and I think one of the player recorded it on their phone and put it on the Internet. It wasn't meant for public consumption.

I don't mind talking shit as long as you can back it up. Or it at least if you don't back it up- you come out harder the next year and beat their ass. Dan's problem was after he lost to Ole Miss he tucked his tail like a bitch and as soon as we lost the countdown clock came down (he put back up later) and all of a sudden "well, we've moved on from them". The fact of the matter is as long as Ole Miss is operating and the federal government doesn't shut them down for a prostitution ring for football recruits- we're not "moving past" them even if we beat them 100 times in a row while becoming a superpower while they become Vandy. To be crystal clear- what I mean is beating their ass is and always will be a priority. Some State fans may be scared to embrace the rivalry for what it is and don't want to look "obsessed"- but instead of ignoring it I think the best way to handle it is to embrace it and then dominate their ass on the field.

Pollodawg
02-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Smart will own Dan.

msbulldog
02-09-2018, 07:18 AM
I don?t know who I despise more, O?Sullivan or manieri. Yeah I bet danny boy and O?Sullivan get along fine.

Manieri for sure, but it's a damn close race.

msbulldog
02-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Wow. That?s pretty solid bulletin board material from a HC to his biggest conference rival.
He?s taking credit for something that his predecessor did the two years before he arrived.....and also got fired because UF didn?t think he was good enough for them. Danny boy ain?t gonna last long in Gator land

Probably doesn't sit well with all those Georgia HS potential recruits, Danny ain't the brightest bulb on the tree.

msstate7
02-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Going ahead and calling it now... in 3 years, Lane kiffin or josh heupel replace Mullen.

mparkerfd20
02-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Also calling it now. Dan will not be a head coach anywhere in 4-5 years and then may never be a head coach again.

Indndawg
02-09-2018, 08:39 AM

Can one bar contain all that hubris?

TrapGame
02-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Going ahead and calling it now... in 3 years, Lane kiffin or josh heupel replace Mullen.

I concur. Dan took a shit in his cereal by going to FL. He'll be the HC at Hoffstra in four years and Megan will have to drive to New Jersey to shop for groceries.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Whatever happened to the nine UF players suspended the entire 2017 season? That is about a 10% scholarship reduction right there (assuming they were one scholarship to begin with). Kinda hard for Mullen to cover that hole in one recruiting class.

msstate7
02-09-2018, 10:02 AM
I concur. Dan took a shit in his cereal by going to FL. He'll be the HC at Hoffstra in four years and Megan will have to drive to New Jersey to shop for groceries.

Lol... I do not think dan will completely flop. In fact, I think he will do pretty well. I just think taggert and smart will recruit too well for Mullen to beat them, which is a death sentence for a Florida coach

Commercecomet24
02-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Whatever happened to the nine UF players suspended the entire 2017 season? That is about a 10% scholarship reduction right there (assuming they were one scholarship to begin with). Kinda hard for Mullen to cover that hole in one recruiting class.

They are gonna be down as much as 11 schollies. They needed to sign 30 in this class to cover their roster issues and they signed 19. Dan says they have some grad transfers and such coming so who knows(he never used that very well here), but they'll probably down a minimum of 7.

TrapGame
02-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Lol... I do not think dan will completely flop. In fact, I think he will do pretty well. I just think taggert and smart will recruit too well for Mullen to beat them, which is a death sentence for a Florida coach

Yep, 9-3 every year at State gets you a statue but it gets you a pink slip at Florida.

Commercecomet24
02-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Yep, 9-3 every year at State gets you a statue but it gets you a pink slip at Florida.

Yep he will win 8 or 9 every year consistently, well I mean at least the 3 years he's there lol

desotodawgz
02-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Mullen was a good coach.... a great coach for Mississippi State at the time he was hired
He did a good job with our program w/ the exception to losing to Ole Miss too many times and the DC hire in 2016. We are talking about winnning the SEC west out of one side of our mouth with the team he built and bad mouthing him out the other. It remains to be seen if Mullen is a "good enough" coach for Florida. Mullen will be a head coach somewhere as long as he wants to be. The job he did at Mississippi State and his ability to develop quarterbacks will always get him a rebuild job somewhere. His stupid comments about GA deserve a thread but the more we talk bad about him the more we look like Ole Miss (players and coaches great until they are gone; then they always sucked) and the more we look like the dumped boyfriend who says he's glad the girlfriend's gone but constantly talks about her.

West Houston Dog
02-09-2018, 11:05 AM
!!!!!

BrunswickDawg
02-09-2018, 11:15 AM

I think there is a difference here. When Dan came here, he was an unknown quantity to our fanbase. He need to right a ship and fire up a fan base that had no swagger. To UF, Dan is a known quantity. So known, that they had a firedanmullen.com going his last year on staff. UF fans will hold this against him starting about 7:00 pm October 27th, after Kirby waxes their asses at the Cocktail Party.

Turfdawg67
02-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Looks like they are trying to say that this was actually a jab at UF and not UGA.

msbulldog
02-09-2018, 01:36 PM

Dan already reinstated some of them, I think that there is only 1 or 2 that are gone for good.

msbulldog
02-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Mullen was a good coach.... a great coach for Mississippi State at the time he was hired
He did a good job with our program w/ the exception to losing to Ole Miss too many times and the DC hire in 2016. We are talking about winnning the SEC west out of one side of our mouth with the team he built and bad mouthing him out the other. It remains to be seen if Mullen is a "good enough" coach for Florida. Mullen will be a head coach somewhere as long as he wants to be. The job he did at Mississippi State and his ability to develop quarterbacks will always get him a rebuild job somewhere. His stupid comments about GA deserve a thread but the more we talk bad about him the more we look like Ole Miss (players and coaches great until they are gone; then they always sucked) and the more we look like the dumped boyfriend who says he's glad the girlfriend's gone but constantly talks about her.

I tend to agree with you for the most part, but his stealing and attempting to steal our players is not helping my feelings for him.

Lord McBuckethead
02-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Smart will own Dan.

If I could, I would help Smart in defeating Dan. Matter of fact, if your defense maintains gap responsibility and know that anything on 2nd and 15+ will be a run play and 3rd and 7 or less will be a run play. Also, if he does run a trick play, it will fail.

There you go smart.

msstatelp1
02-12-2018, 11:10 AM
To UF, Dan is a known quantity. So known, that they had a firedanmullen.com going his last year on staff. UF fans will hold this against him starting about 7:00 pm October 27th, after Kirby waxes their asses at the Cocktail Party.

I don't think it'll take that long. If they lose before that (say to us) it'll start. The younger UF fans that don't remember his time as OC are sorta happy he came back, most of the ones that remember his OC time seem to be indifferent at best

Turfdawg67
02-12-2018, 11:32 AM
If I could, I would help Smart in defeating Dan. Matter of fact, if your defense maintains gap responsibility and know that anything on 2nd and 15+ will be a run play and 3rd and 7 or less will be a run play. Also, if he does run a trick play, it will fail.

There you go smart.

Smart has owned Dan’s O for 9 years running... he knows how to stop him.

TrapGame
02-12-2018, 11:38 AM
I don't think it'll take that long. If they lose before that (say to us) it'll start. The younger UF fans that don't remember his time as OC are sorta happy he came back, most of the ones that remember his OC time seem to be indifferent at best

Looking at some UF fan posts on SDS articles about Mullen they think he will win the East next year and beat Smart. They think Mullen rolls us on Sept. 29th easily. It's gonna be a wake up call when we beat the shit outta them in DWS.

RocketDawg
02-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Dan already reinstated some of them, I think that there is only 1 or 2 that are gone for good.

Those suspensions might be the main reason McElwain was fired. I don't know if Mullen would have let them get away with what they did, but I'd think a lot of the fanbase was willing to look the other way since they were star players.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-12-2018, 06:51 PM

So the old we are a young team, lack of depth, and development program argument.

Bully13
02-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Those suspensions might be the main reason McElwain was fired. I don't know if Mullen would have let them get away with what they did, but I'd think a lot of the fanbase was willing to look the other way since they were star players.

What was all that shit about? I forget.

RocketDawg
02-12-2018, 07:37 PM
What was all that shit about? I forget.

Something about basically stealing electronics from the school bookstore, maybe using a school credit card for athletes (never knew there was such a thing, but maybe there is or I'm just 'misremembering').

I seen it dawg
02-12-2018, 09:12 PM
One year ago people on this board would crucify you if you didn?t kiss Don?s arse...geesh

Not everyone...

dawgday166
02-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Not everyone...

Agreed.

Coach34
02-12-2018, 09:40 PM
One year ago people on this board would crucify you if you didn?t kiss Don?s arse...geesh

Whatttttttttt? I was constantly accused of having "an agenda" against Mullen because I told everyone he was looking to leave Sville. As usual- I'm proved to be the one with the correct info in the end. The haters end up choking on their own bullshit

Todd4State
02-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Not everyone...

Insert picture of Kermit sipping tea here.

dawgday166
02-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Whatttttttttt? I was constantly accused of having "an agenda" against Mullen because I told everyone he was looking to leave Sville. As usual- I'm proved to be the one with the correct info in the end. The haters end up choking on their own bullshit

So I never said you had an agenda and agreed with you about 95% of the time but .. right before OM game I did think you were full of it. I was wrong on that one FWIW.

I still don't understand Don leaving for either TN or FL. Expectations are unrealistic in both places. TN has to play Bama every year, and now Don has to play GA every year. I actually thought he was smarter than that. He could've piddled around winning 6 - 8 games a year with his CC boys in Starkville forever.

Keenum must've ripped him a new one ... and maybe Cohen was on him some too.

TrapGame
02-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Keenum must've ripped him a new one ... and maybe Cohen was on him some too.

This is what I've heard. Keenum wanted the job whoring to end and the country club broken up. Cohen is way smarter than Loafers and has much bigger balls. Mullen couldn't push him around. He also told Mullen to pick it up in recruiting. Mullen saw the writing on the wall. The free ride was over. He was actually going to be held accountable. He switched agents to move on.

dawgday166
02-12-2018, 11:13 PM
This is what I've heard. Keenum wanted the job whoring to end and the country club broken up. Cohen is way smarter than Loafers and has much bigger balls. Mullen couldn't push him around. He also told Mullen to pick it up in recruiting. Mullen saw the writing on the wall. The free ride was over. He was actually going to be held accountable. He switched agents to move on.

Glad he picked up Sexton for an agent. We might step up another notch now. Maybe we can beat OM when we have 8 or more wins going into that game too.

Todd4State
02-12-2018, 11:19 PM

From what I heard it actually started before Cohen became the AD. Keenum basically told him to stop being a bitch and either stay and stop looking for jobs or go- but if he stayed he needed to get his ass in gear and start recruiting better and beat Ole Miss. Stricklin kind of defended Dan and Keenum basically told him that if Dan didn't straighten up they were both gone.

Dan wears shorts and loses to South Alabama- and about 2-3 weeks later Stricklin is suddenly at Florida.

Dan did switch agents after 2015 like you said- he was essentially "gone" at that point. Of course, he ****ed up 2016 and no one would hire him because everyone thought he rode Dak to success until this year. He finally landed a job to his satisfaction after being down the list of both Tennessee and Florida. Ironically the guy Tennessee hired wanted our job really bad- probably worse than he wanted the Tennessee job.

Todd4State
02-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Glad he picked up Sexton for an agent. We might step up another notch now. Maybe we can beat OM when we have 8 or more wins going into that game too.

Or maybe we can actually have a 9-10 win season and go to a NY6 bowl without having Ole Miss ruin it in part because our coach has his head up his ass. Followed up by the AD literally begging me to go to the Belk Bowl after we pitifully lose to Ole Miss and cost ourselves a Sugar Bowl bid.

Turfdawg67
02-14-2018, 06:07 PM
From what I heard it actually started before Cohen became the AD. Keenum basically told him to stop being a bitch and either stay and stop looking for jobs or go- but if he stayed he needed to get his ass in gear and start recruiting better and beat Ole Miss. Stricklin kind of defended Dan and Keenum basically told him that if Dan didn't straighten up they were both gone.

Dan wears shorts and loses to South Alabama- and about 2-3 weeks later Stricklin is suddenly at Florida.

Dan did switch agents after 2015 like you said- he was essentially "gone" at that point. Of course, he ****ed up 2016 and no one would hire him because everyone thought he rode Dak to success until this year. He finally landed a job to his satisfaction after being down the list of both Tennessee and Florida. Ironically the guy Tennessee hired wanted our job really bad- probably worse than he wanted the Tennessee job.

Dude,for the last time...Stricklin may have had a come to Jesus meeting, but the guy doubled his salary by going to UF. He was far from being run off.