PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Made...The Numbers tell the Truth

CarolinaDawgs
02-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Maybe a bit long winded, but it makes me sick to hear the Mississippi Made shit coming from those asshats up north.
It took me MAYBE 20 minutes to take a look at some interesting statistics and see who really gets the top talent instate. I also saw a tweet from one the low life assistants on the staff that said 43% of 4stars and 5stars from MS starting in 2010 have inked with TSUN. I was baffled by that number, so I did some research.

This table breaks down the how many 4* and 5* recruits have come from MS since 2010 (according to 24/7 sports)

YEAR
5*
4*

TOTALS

Out of the 69 (nice :cool:) total recruits 30 of them have ended up in Starkville and 23 have been caught eating cold chicken fingers in the chode, sorry I meant grove.
Thats 43% to the good guys and 33% to the Bad guys. Im no math wiz, but Mississippi Made should be used by the team with a higher %. Looks like us.

For Shits and Gigs I have the % of the remaining croots and schools.

FSU-1
LSU-5
Bama-4
Awbarn-2
Oklahoma-1
USM-1
UT-1
There is one person missing from this list that is now playing at a JUCO (Eastern Arizona) although he was originally committed to state I didn't add him to our numbers.

I certainly enjoy being from the school that is actually Mississippi Made and I hope yall do too.
Hail State!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-08-2018, 05:27 PM
I think some people are a little too concerned about the Mississippi Made thing.

CarolinaDawgs
02-08-2018, 05:40 PM
I think some people are a little too concerned about the Mississippi Made thing.

Thank you for adding insightful commentary to a post that broke down numbers. You sir, are a real trailblazer.
This goes far beyond the "Mississippi Made thing" and hints at the narrative that they spread and usually win public perception on, which greatly matters imo. Kinda like when I tell ppl around the country that I went to Mississippi State and they say "Ole Miss?"
Kind of a bigger picture, but I didnt really expect you to derive anything from it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Thank you for adding insightful commentary to a post that broke down numbers. You sir, are a real trailblazer.
This goes far beyond the "Mississippi Made thing" and hints at the narrative that they spread and usually win public perception on, which greatly matters imo. Kinda like when I tell ppl around the country that I went to Mississippi State and they say "Ole Miss?"
Kind of a bigger picture, but I didnt really expect you to derive anything from it.

Sensitive are we? .....Again I say, I think some people are a little too concerned about the Mississippi Made thing.

Activated Alpha
02-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Sensitive are we? .....Again I say, I think some people are a little too concerned about the Mississippi Made thing.

What does it matter to you whst he's concerned about? He took their narrative and broke it down by numbers to expose it as false. Were you saying the same thing to Ole Miss people when our coach used the term TSUN? He has made a valid post

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Take a look at the student bodies.

Homedawg
02-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Actually, they are trying to say they are the school who is mississippi made. That's a damn lie. Recruitsread that shit. They need to be told the truth. Nobody is sensitive just being factual. It's a big deal. If you can't see that, you are stupid. That's not sensitive it's the truth.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 07:35 PM
The reason we are sensitive is they basically took that from us. We have billed ourselves as the university of choice for Mississippians for decades. The numbers back us up too.

tireddawg
02-08-2018, 09:59 PM

So

msbulldog
02-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Mississippi is going to be bursting at the seams with football talent for the 2019 recruiting cycle. This is a pre-emptive strike by TSUN PR machine to get in the heads of these kids that they need to sign with them.

Turfdawg67
02-09-2018, 08:27 AM

You seem to have to say that a lot, maybe you just say douchie things and people call you on them??

FISHDAWG
02-09-2018, 08:42 AM
You seem to have to say that a lot, maybe you just say douchie things and people call you on them??

I swear he's the most negative poster on this board ... he brings very little but cynicism

Irondawg
02-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Ok, here's some slightly different numbers that I hope we use in recruiting as well.

Number of players signed from MS (HS or JUCO) in last 4 classes:

MSU - 55

Ole Miss - 29

That's a huge difference we should broadcast.

SailingDawg
02-09-2018, 01:38 PM
BUT IT'S ABOUT MATT