PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Beltran

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Goes deep again. 3-0 Cards in the 3rd. Beltran is now tied with Ruth for postseason HR and is 1st All-Time in HR per postseason AB. Beltran is a HOF imo.

missouridawg
10-03-2013, 05:12 PM
So nice to see him do this for us instead of against us like he did with HOU and NYM. The NLCS he had against us with HOU was so ridiculous.

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Yea he turned that postseason into a $120 mill deal with the Mets. He's been very good for a long time now. Great hitter!

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Wow 7-0 just like that

Todd4State
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I met Carlos Beltran when he was playing for Wichita, the Royals then AA team. He was contantly working on his game or working out- quite possibly the hardest working baseball player I have ever been around. I instantly knew he was going to be a very good MLB player just being around him in five minutes. He was absolutely destroying the Jackson Generals and I told my uncle that they needed to move Damon to LF and bring Beltran up. My uncle told me- "We don't think he's ready- this after a game where Beltran homered from both sides of the plate, made some spectacular plays in the outfield and was hitting around .350 at that time. I told my uncle- "What the hell else does he have to do?" They did indeed finally bring him up in September and he his a solid .276 and then won Rookie of the Year next year.

So, I'm a huge Beltran fan even though he absolutely used to KILL the Cardinals in the postseason- save for Adam Wainwright striking him out to end the 2006 NLCS. But he doesn't have HOF numbers- if MLB ran their HOF like the NBA, then yes, he would get in.

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
But he doesn't have HOF numbers- if MLB ran their HOF like the NBA, then yes, he would get in.

I think switch hitters should be viewed differently. He's top 5 All-Time switch hitter and his length of high play and post season success plus his speed puts him in the HOF in my book plus he did it during the steroid era without a hint of doubt.

messageboardsuperhero
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm a huge Beltran fan. One of the best hitters in postseason history.

Todd4State
10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I think switch hitters should be viewed differently. He's top 5 All-Time switch hitter and his length of high play and post season success plus his speed puts him in the HOF in my book plus he did it during the steroid era without a hint of doubt.

He's a HOF in my book as well- but sadly the one that matters probably will say no.