PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Bracket prediction

bullygrowl
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
So far this "bracketology" seems to be the most accurate from seeding to bubble.

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

confucius say
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Good find. What I?ve been seeing is first four out or next four out. Lunardi isn?t high on us, but he also has uga right on cut line and a lot of brackets, like the one you linked, have them as mid seed NIT.

Look at bracketmatrix.com for all 104 brackets. 6 have us in.

RougeDawg
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Good find. What I?ve been seeing is first four out or next four out. Lunardi isn?t high on us, but he also has uga right on cut line and a lot of brackets, like the one you linked, have them as mid seed NIT.

Look at bracketmatrix.com for all 104 brackets. 6 have us in.

As the ESPN guys were saying last night, Lunardi has Nebraska in the tourney and not us even though we have two quality wins that they don?t. They used a different wording like Square 1 wins or something close.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-08-2018, 10:17 PM
If we had played some of those nobody teams at nuetral sights(Tupelo, Southaven, coast) would it have helped our Rpi?

msudawg1200
02-09-2018, 08:39 AM
As the ESPN guys were saying last night, Lunardi has Nebraska in the tourney and not us even though we have two quality wins that they don?t. They used a different wording like Square 1 wins or something close.

Quadrant 1 is what you're looking for. It is home wins vs RPI 1-30, Road 1-75, and Neutral 1-50. Quadrant 2 wins are Home 31-75, Road 76-135, and Neutral 51-100, Quadrant 3 is home wins 76-160, Road 136-240, and Neutral 101-200, and then Quadrant 4 is Home 161-plus, Road 240-plus, and Neutral 200-plus. Right now we are 2-5 in Quadrant 1(wins Missouri and at USCe), and 3-1 in Quadrant 2(wins Arkansas, Bama, and UGA).

MetEdDawg
02-09-2018, 08:59 AM

I really like this website: http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/team-predict-schedule?team=Mississippi-State

Shows the wins by Tier, which I think helps us determine what is a quality win, a quality loss, and shows the RPI's of every team we have played and are going to play. We are 8-9 against Group 1 and Group 2 teams. Not bad, but we need some more wins against these teams.

Thing that stinks for us is that our Georgia win may very well turn into a Group 3 win if they don't pick it up. But if we get 4-5 more wins we will be in.

smootness
02-09-2018, 10:45 AM
These next 3 will make us or break us, I think. Win them all and I think we probably get in. Lose 1 and I doubt we're able to get in. Lose 2 and we're definitely out.

msstate7
02-09-2018, 10:49 AM
These next 3 will make us or break us, I think. Win them all and I think we probably get in. Lose 1 and I doubt we're able to get in. Lose 2 and we're definitely out.

Think it matters which combination... if we somehow beat mizzou and aTm (doubtful) on the road, we probably make it in assuming we hold home court in rest

Bulldog1
02-09-2018, 10:55 AM
We don’t need to lose to Vandy or OM

Coach34
02-09-2018, 10:55 AM

totally disagree. Win the next 3 and we are a damn 9 seed. We have to get to 10 wins and Tennessee has to be one of them. 5-2 and 11 SEC wins no doubt gets us in.

smootness
02-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Think it matters which combination... if we somehow beat mizzou and aTm (doubtful) on the road, we probably make it in assuming we hold home court in rest

Losses to Vandy and LSU would kill us in that scenario.

I think we have to beat Vandy and likely need to beat LSU as well. A loss to A&M doesn't hurt us nearly as much as losses to those two, and I don't think beating A&M would be enough to offset one of those losses.

We're not going to get in on great wins, that's just not going to happen because we don't and won't have them. So we're going to have to get in on an overall solid resume and no bad losses. The Ole Miss loss is hurting us right now and we can't afford anything else close to that. I think we have to finish at least 5-2 to get in. So yes, your scenario could get us to 5-2, but even then I'm not entirely sure.

smootness
02-09-2018, 10:57 AM
totally disagree. Win the next 3 and we are a damn 9 seed. We have to get to 10 wins and Tennessee has to be one of them. 5-2 and 11 SEC wins no doubt gets us in.

Well, to feel good about going 5-2, we need to win the next 3. That's my point. Can't count on a road win over A&M or a home win over Tennessee.

And I think winning the next 3 would probably put us on that 9-10 line...but we would need a little wiggle room from there if we finished 2-2 after that. I'm not saying that winning the next 3 gets us in no matter what or that losing any of the 3 means we can't get in. I'm just saying that more than likely, if we get in, it will be through winning these next 3.

I just don't think we'll get in unless we're firmly in the field. If we're on the bubble, our lack of big wins and an OOC schedule riddled with crap teams will sink us.

Ari Gold
02-09-2018, 10:59 AM
10 wins and beat Tenn .. that’s the magic number and game.

smootness
02-09-2018, 11:03 AM
10 wins and beat Tenn .. that’s the magic number and game.

I think that might get us in...or we need 11 wins if we don't get that one. But I'm not even completely sold that 11 SEC wins gets us in, no doubt. If we only get to 10 SEC wins, especially if Tennessee is one of the 4 from here on out, that would mean going 3-3 against Missouri, Vandy, OM, A&M, SC, and LSU. That wouldn't go over well no matter who the 3 losses were to specifically.

So 10 conference wins, I think it's really dicey.
11 conference wins, I think we're probably in, but still wouldn't necessarily feel great about it, depending on where the losses came.
12 conference wins, I think everyone is in agreement we're clearly in.