PDA

View Full Version : Was at Bama game last nite

Reunion Dog
02-08-2018, 12:20 AM
1st time I have been to a game since Kentucky beat us Rick's last year....

Excited about this team now and the future... Need to go get a Big Juco guy for the middle. We lack that desperatly. I know we have Perry coming in ... but he will be a freshman... and we need a Big Banger with some experience more than high school...

Was amazed of how physical that game was last night... No way 3 Referees can call a Div 1 game now.. so many missed calls.. but so damn physical...

Can someone tell me how in the hell the guy in the pony tail from the Bama bench can walk the entire length of the court during a time out then stop and shake hands with the referees at the free throw line in front of the Bama bench and converse with them for 3 minutes.... If you were at the game.. then you know what i am talking about...

Now the negatives...

the Lighting in the Hump is past ridiculous... i now know why I have to put my tv on Vivid setting... becasue it's so damn dark. I counted 5 TV lights that weren't ever working from the ceiling... not a good look...

The worst:

The music played during the game.. before the game, during time outs... halftime ect.... It was nothing more than ghetto rap trash at the loudest level... I don't mean that in a racist way... But even at NBA games.. they don't play that trash... I can see why season ticket holders don't go to the game... I wouldn't take a child to a game there becasue of the 17 music... I have a call into Cohen just to tell him my thoughts on what embarrasing trash music that was played... I have been to every SEC arena and there is no one even close to as bad as what i heard last night...

They need to seriously rethink that crap... cause I won't be back until it's changed... Yall can hate on me and this post... but I was embarressed by that 17 $*#t storm of music last night and the University letting it get to that level... You can say well that's all the players want to hear... i say 17 that! better start making it an enjoyable atmoshphere for the folks paying the money and donating the money to the University. There is NO WAY IN HELL that crap goes on at Kentucky because I have been there to several games...

Again... go ahead a bash me all you want... But if I were AD.... that would never happen again...

99jc
02-08-2018, 12:50 AM
I'm with you on the music 100 %.

SmokeyDawg
02-08-2018, 01:35 AM
If you were AD hopefully you?d make it to more than 1 basketball game in 7 years. There?s your bash. I agree it?s bad, should have come during OOC play, the echoing silence balances it out.***

DawgFromOxford
02-08-2018, 01:46 AM
I can understand the music complaint if its not your thing, but as a student, the music they play is whats on the radio right now and helps hype up the whole student section during down time. Whats most frustrating to me is the lack of replays shown on the jumbotron. Every game this year where a call has been reviewed by officials, Richard Schwartz pops up on the screen and then cuts to a MSU logo without ever showing a single angle of a replay. Just a pure 4 minutes of a MSU logo rotating on the screen.

bluelightstar
02-08-2018, 01:57 AM
every college arena is playing the same music -- pop/rap/hip-hop songs that have made appearances in the Billboard Top 50 over the past 5 years.

Dawg61
02-08-2018, 02:15 AM
Teddy Valentine is the clown ref that thinks he's the reason everyone shows up. He is I am guessing who was talking to the pony tail Bama guy. Teddy V is the worst ref in the world in any sport. Saw during an Auburn game earlier this year where he talked to Pearl the entire timeout. He is a total shit show and needs to be removed from SEC officiating permanently.

As far as the music goes it is exactly the same stuff Kentucky plays and every other SEC school plays. We copy other schools here we aren't the trendsetters on shitty music. If it's popular and getting played elsewhere we are poaching the playlist. Not the other way around.

Reunion Dog
02-08-2018, 02:19 AM
why in the hell r we letting Richard Swartz advertise on anything MSU? He is so pro confederate plantation guy.... Huge bag man there..... we were discussing that last night when he came on... Hell i know a couple of MSU guys that should be up there..... Just don't take his damn money.. go sell it to someone else... 17 riduculous... another reason the Athletic Department is clueless to what's going on in Jackson.... If it isn't happening in Oktibbeha county... they don't know it... cause the bulldong club folks stay at their desks all damn day long... The BC needs to be blown up...

Reunion Dog
02-08-2018, 02:22 AM
If you were AD hopefully you?d make it to more than 1 basketball game in 7 years. There?s your bash. I agree it?s bad, should have come during OOC play, the echoing silence balances it out.***

I have bought season tickets since I graduated in the 80's. So I pay my bills up there... but when The male cheerleader from jackson prep got hired and ruined the sport... haven't been since... until last night.

BeastMan
02-08-2018, 07:52 AM
So it’s your first game in years but you won’t be back because of music? Lol. You’re right that ref Teddy Valentine is awful but I think there were 45 fouls called. To me, it wasn’t about missed calls, it was too damn many whistles. And give Ado another year in the weight room. Dude is a freshman who didn’t grow up playing bball. He’s gotten better every game and I think he’ll end up being a monster.

msstate7
02-08-2018, 08:16 AM
why in the hell r we letting Richard Swartz advertise on anything MSU? He is so pro confederate plantation guy.... Huge bag man there..... we were discussing that last night when he came on... Hell i know a couple of MSU guys that should be up there..... Just don't take his damn money.. go sell it to someone else... 17 riduculous... another reason the Athletic Department is clueless to what's going on in Jackson.... If it isn't happening in Oktibbeha county... they don't know it... cause the bulldong club folks stay at their desks all damn day long... The BC needs to be blown up...

Bulldogs need the convenience of only making one call to become rich too

msstate7
02-08-2018, 08:18 AM
So it’s your first game in years but you won’t be back because of music? Lol. You’re right that ref Teddy Valentine is awful but I think there were 45 fouls called. To me, it wasn’t about missed calls, it was too damn many whistles. And give Ado another year in the weight room. Dude is a freshman who didn’t grow up playing bball. He’s gotten better every game and I think he’ll end up being a monster.

Do not let ado train with Holman and carter this offfseason. They just cannot seem to add a pound.

HaggardDawg
02-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Ted Valentine is the CB Buckner of college basketball. Completely unqualified to be an official. Richard Williams basically said the same thing on the radio broadcast. YouTube his name and listen to Dan Dakich roast him during a live broadcast

shannondawg
02-08-2018, 08:42 AM
On top of it all the dirtbag Swartz has on a MSU uniform. If we got enough money according to 61 to let folks in for free, we don't need his damm money thats for sure.

Pipedream
02-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Is this a joke? A real human? When was the last NBA game you went to? Every NBA team has a house DJ that plays almost exclusively rap because the NBA is mostly populated by African American ball players. Same with college basketball. I go to about 2 NBA games a year. Been to Memphis, Atlanta, Nola, Dallas, Houston and its 90% loud rap or techno type music. The only time they play anything else is when there's a gimmick in a commercial break. The Hump music had to be updated. We were still playing "You Dropped a Bomb On Me" up until a few years ago. That song is 35 years old. You either evolve or you get left behind.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2018, 09:18 AM
1st time I have been to a game since Kentucky beat us Rick's last year....

Excited about this team now and the future... Need to go get a Big Juco guy for the middle. We lack that desperatly. I know we have Perry coming in ... but he will be a freshman... and we need a Big Banger with some experience more than high school...

Was amazed of how physical that game was last night... No way 3 Referees can call a Div 1 game now.. so many missed calls.. but so damn physical...

Can someone tell me how in the hell the guy in the pony tail from the Bama bench can walk the entire length of the court during a time out then stop and shake hands with the referees at the free throw line in front of the Bama bench and converse with them for 3 minutes.... If you were at the game.. then you know what i am talking about...

Now the negatives...

the Lighting in the Hump is past ridiculous... i now know why I have to put my tv on Vivid setting... becasue it's so damn dark. I counted 5 TV lights that weren't ever working from the ceiling... not a good look...

The worst:

The music played during the game.. before the game, during time outs... halftime ect.... It was nothing more than ghetto rap trash at the loudest level... I don't mean that in a racist way... But even at NBA games.. they don't play that trash... I can see why season ticket holders don't go to the game... I wouldn't take a child to a game there becasue of the 17 music... I have a call into Cohen just to tell him my thoughts on what embarrasing trash music that was played... I have been to every SEC arena and there is no one even close to as bad as what i heard last night...

They need to seriously rethink that crap... cause I won't be back until it's changed... Yall can hate on me and this post... but I was embarressed by that 17 $*#t storm of music last night and the University letting it get to that level... You can say well that's all the players want to hear... i say 17 that! better start making it an enjoyable atmoshphere for the folks paying the money and donating the money to the University. There is NO WAY IN HELL that crap goes on at Kentucky because I have been there to several games...

Again... go ahead a bash me all you want... But if I were AD.... that would never happen again...

You talking the same University of Kentucky that allowed Drake (a rapper) to dress with the team and participate in their midnight madness?

shoeless joe
02-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Is this a joke? A real human? When was the last NBA game you went to? Every NBA team has a house DJ that plays almost exclusively rap because the NBA is mostly populated by African American ball players. Same with college basketball. I go to about 2 NBA games a year. Been to Memphis, Atlanta, Nola, Dallas, Houston and its 90% loud rap or techno type music. The only time they play anything else is when there's a gimmick in a commercial break. The Hump music had to be updated. We were still playing "You Dropped a Bomb On Me" up until a few years ago. That song is 35 years old. You either evolve or you get left behind.

What's funny is if you've seen or know who the "house DJ" is for the hump...

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Ted Valentine is the CB Buckner of college basketball. Completely unqualified to be an official. Richard Williams basically said the same thing on the radio broadcast. YouTube his name and listen to Dan Dakich roast him during a live broadcast

lol I love the Bucknor comp. Bucknor has to be the worst umpire in baseball. Just absolutely horrible. He's equally as bad behind the plate or on the bases. Valentine and Hess are the 2 worst basketball refs i've ever seen outside of jr high.

shoeless joe
02-08-2018, 10:35 AM
lol I love the Bucknor comp. Bucknor has to be the worst umpire in baseball. Just absolutely horrible. He's equally as bad behind the plate or on the bases. Valentine and Hess are the 2 worst basketball refs i've ever seen outside of jr high.

Y'all must not remember Gerald "look at me" Boudreaux

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Y'all must not remember Gerald "look at me" Boudreaux

And the list continues to grow lol! Yeah he sucked as bad as Hess and Valentine.

lawdawg
02-08-2018, 10:58 AM
bro, do you even swag surf?

HaggardDawg
02-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Ted Valentine was one of the officials during the 2010 SEC Tourney Championship game where Erik Bledsoe intentionally missed a free throw and John Wall ran up from behind and committed a lane violation that went uncalled. John wall got the rebound and fished it to Demarcus Cousins who laid it up to send the game into overtime. Kentucky won the game.

Dee Bost also committed a less noticeable lane violation and had they both been called, it would have been a double violation with the possession arrow in favor of us.

Stansbury complained to the league office and no other than Boudreaux who was hen head of officials stood by his guys.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Ted Valentine was one of the officials during the 2010 SEC Tourney Championship game where Erik Bledsoe intentionally missed a free throw and John Wall ran up from behind and committed a lane violation that went uncalled. John wall got the rebound and fished it to Demarcus Cousins who laid it up to send the game into overtime. Kentucky won the game.

Dee Bost also committed a less noticeable lane violation and had they both been called, it would have been a double violation with the possession arrow in favor of us.

Stansbury complained to the league office and no other than Boudreaux who was hen head of officials stood by his guys.

I'll never forget that. Cost us the championship. Totally botched by the officials. I have a hard time determining which are worse, SEC football or basketball officials. It's close lol

shoeless joe
02-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I'll never forget that. Cost us the championship. Totally botched by the officials. I have a hard time determining which are worse, SEC football or basketball officials. It's close lol

I'll make it easy for you...it's baseball umpires.

But to your point they're all pretty bad. The system isn't set up to attract or keep high quality officials. The result is the garbage we see on game days.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2018, 12:30 PM
I'll make it easy for you...it's baseball umpires.

But to your point they're all pretty bad. The system isn't set up to attract or keep high quality officials. The result is the garbage we see on game days.

Yeah i was debating on including the umpires but felt they were just a little better than football and basketball who I think are total garbage. I guess to me the umpire trash is just a little less smelly than the basketball and football trash lol. They all stink though.