PDA

View Full Version : New Dudy Noble pics on Twitter

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2018, 09:52 PM
https://twitter.com/icm_llc/status/961357180497743877

Awesome.

Homedawg
02-07-2018, 10:18 PM
I love the new dude. But there is one thing that I don't get from the ones that didn't have seats before and don't have them now, how is it better for you? It's not. No bleachers, yes, but less room for ga seats. The lounge overall I think will have more room but not enough to matter. The grandstands will be for seat holders and visitor fans. So in most weekends some of those seats will be available. Other than that, the ones that complained before are going to be complaining more now.

msstatelp1
02-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Yep. Sounds like those of us that don't have season tickets are being told to sit our ass in the grass (or maybe bring your own chair). Not sure how that helps fill the grandstand. If they want a full grandstand then put a ticket exchange in place that rewards season ticket holders when their tickets are used and penalizes them when they aren't. I can only make a few games a season but I'd gladly buy reserved seats for a reasonable price.

Choctaw Dawg
02-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Considering more non season ticket holders attend most of those games, they should be more friendly to those folks and realize as soon as the first inning ends and there is not a lot of people in the Grandstands, let people in. Looks bad for TV when the Grandstands empty while the bleachers were full last year.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Have they sold all the seating rights for chairbacks? I tried to find out and couldn't locate anything on the bulldog club website.

Homedawg
02-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Have they sold all the seating rights for chairbacks? I tried to find out and couldn't locate anything on the bulldog club website.

Last I saw a couple of weeks ago is there were about 30 left. Of course if you bought one now it wouldn't help this year but it would protect you from 19 on.

drummerdawg
02-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Should have at least chairbacked where the tiered berms are. They told us that they did things this way so that it doesn't look as empty for midweek games and such, but I don't really see how that's possible. Let people who want premium seating have premium seating in special places like sky boxes, club levels, and lounges; but make the majority of the grandstand general admission. GA tickets would fill that thing up every game. If it's money they're worried about, just raise the grandstand general admission price a little. Instead of $10 a ticket, make it $15 or $20 to sit in the grandstands. People would still buy them at the gate. I think we're going to find out that most people don't like sitting on grass or on a slope. I really think this is going to be a bigger problem than most might think. We keep talking about equal or more room in the outfield but I'm not so sure about that. Yes it will have better access and walkways but at the same time the "rigs" are smaller. When you see those large crowds on tv in the lounge areas, it's mostly...or at least half general admission people hanging out on rigs with friends. Now those spots are only going to hold like 6-8 people each when they used to hold 15-20. Where are those others going to go if they can't get on a rig? I don't think the berms will hold everybody, at least not comfortably. Also, it got me thinking the other day when it was raining, that's going to be a mess out there during or after a rain when hundreds or even thousands of people have been out there in the grass. It's going to be a muddy mess. I wen't to the A&M game last year and their stadium is similar with the double decks and berms. I sat in the grandstand but I remember seeing the people on the berms and thinking how miserable they looked being packed in there sitting on the ground with the hot sun out. I think this is one area that Baum, Founders, Alex Box, and even Swaze will have us beat. Those are much more fan friendly than ours which caters to premium ticket holders.

Howboutdemdogs
02-08-2018, 10:05 AM
I like the new Dude. We have 2 chair backs, and still retained the same location as our trailer. We lose over half of our seating from the "Redneck Skybox" due to it was 2 story. Plus, I just noticed that the centerfield wall is gonna to create a blind spot for us looking at the fence in right and right center. We will adjust, and move on,,,, not a big deal compared to the overall big picture.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Just called the ticket office. The chairbacks have all been sold. Sad.

MedDawg
02-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Should have at least chairbacked where the tiered berms are. They told us that they did things this way so that it doesn't look as empty for midweek games and such, but I don't really see how that's possible. Let people who want premium seating have premium seating in special places like sky boxes, club levels, and lounges; but make the majority of the grandstand general admission. GA tickets would fill that thing up every game. If it's money they're worried about, just raise the grandstand general admission price a little. Instead of $10 a ticket, make it $15 or $20 to sit in the grandstands. People would still buy them at the gate. I think we're going to find out that most people don't like sitting on grass or on a slope. I really think this is going to be a bigger problem than most might think. We keep talking about equal or more room in the outfield but I'm not so sure about that. Yes it will have better access and walkways but at the same time the "rigs" are smaller. When you see those large crowds on tv in the lounge areas, it's mostly...or at least half general admission people hanging out on rigs with friends. Now those spots are only going to hold like 6-8 people each when they used to hold 15-20. Where are those others going to go if they can't get on a rig? I don't think the berms will hold everybody, at least not comfortably. Also, it got me thinking the other day when it was raining, that's going to be a mess out there during or after a rain when hundreds or even thousands of people have been out there in the grass. It's going to be a muddy mess. I wen't to the A&M game last year and their stadium is similar with the double decks and berms. I sat in the grandstand but I remember seeing the people on the berms and thinking how miserable they looked being packed in there sitting on the ground with the hot sun out. I think this is one area that Baum, Founders, Alex Box, and even Swaze will have us beat. Those are much more fan friendly than ours which caters to premium ticket holders.

Like you, I personally wouldn't want to sit on the berms, but it's a good option for families with kids or people who simply prefer to stretch out on a blanket.

The new concourse will be open around the entire field for general admission, including in the shade under the grandstand. They will also still have the thing where you can move to unoccupied chairbacks after the 4th inning. I do wish they would make that after the 2nd inning.

I have no doubt that LFL can seat as many or more as before. The total square footage is greater--parts of left/center/right field that didn't have rigs before have the built-ins now, and there is no wasted space between or behind rigs like before. What used to be a few to several feet between rigs is now a few inches (one rail), and what used to be wasted space behind rigs is now a general admission open concourse (and I believe there is a second outfield concourse behind the second row of built-ins). Also, I don't see any reason why each built-in couldn't have shoulder-to-shoulder SRO in their new LFL space if they want. They don't have to have just six people sitting there.

The main new LFL problem will be people in crowded built-ins bumping into people in the next built-in--there's only that low rail separating them. If there are frat boys on either side, no problem. However, in some spots there will probably be older fans on one side of the rail sitting in a built-in seat and frat boys standing in the next built-in leaning over the side rail into the older fan's personal space. There will be some complaining about that, and probably a school notice to stay within your own built-in space.

02-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Considering more non season ticket holders attend most of those games, they should be more friendly to those folks and realize as soon as the first inning ends and there is not a lot of people in the Grandstands, let people in. Looks bad for TV when the Grandstands empty while the bleachers were full last year.
I think this is 100% untrue, if you take out the Left Field Lounge folks.

02-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Just called the ticket office. The chairbacks have all been sold. Sad.
Those people paid a lot of money to have those seats for 10 years. They are not just going to skip. You do not seem to realize how big of a sweetheart deal those lifetime tickets were on the old stadium, and how many sons/daughters of lifetime seats were keeping up the tab. There was no financial incentive for them to come, except the price of the ticket.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 10:31 AM

It was the empty bleachers they wanted to get rid of, and they did. They do let people move mid week, and always have.

02-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Yep. Sounds like those of us that don't have season tickets are being told to sit our ass in the grass (or maybe bring your own chair). Not sure how that helps fill the grandstand. If they want a full grandstand then put a ticket exchange in place that rewards season ticket holders when their tickets are used and penalizes them when they aren't. I can only make a few games a season but I'd gladly buy reserved seats for a reasonable price.
No, you just need to come to games that won't be as crowded. Pre-conference, weekday, the off-weekend Sunday SEC games.

If you wanted to have a seat during regionals and SBW, you should have bought season tickets. It is as simple as that.

Homedawg
02-08-2018, 10:45 AM

There is one major problem w your plan- $. There is a premium paid to have the seats plus a season ticket. It's guaranteed money. Your way won't generate enough to help pay for the stadium. And that's part of how it's being funded.

drummerdawg
02-08-2018, 11:09 AM
There is one major problem w your plan- $. There is a premium paid to have the seats plus a season ticket. It's guaranteed money. Your way won't generate enough to help pay for the stadium. And that's part of how it's being funded.

Oh the stadium will definitely make its money back. We're already going to make so much more than previous years by raising the price of the lounges, having a lot more sky boxes, and getting rid of lifetimer seats. The number I gave was just to throw an idea out there. We could definitely change the price structure around. But those other stadiums I listed have general admission seats. You can go to an om game and buy a GA ticket and have a nice chair back. You can have a small berm if you really want it for people to stretch out on if you want, but is that something people are really demanding? I know people that buy season tickets but only go to a few games a year, or others that buy tickets for the grandstands but sit in the outfield, leaving empty grandstand seats. This has to be fixed somehow.

02-08-2018, 11:20 AM
I know people that buy season tickets but only go to a few games a year, or others that buy tickets for the grandstands but sit in the outfield, leaving empty grandstand seats. This has to be fixed somehow.
No, you USED TO KNOW people that did this. There will be much less of it now that we got rid of the lifers, who essentially were getting tickets with zero BC donation. Everybody now has to pay.

Will some people still do it? Yes. That is just a price we pay at this point. Go sit in that empty seat after the 5th inning.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 11:54 AM
No, you USED TO KNOW people that did this. There will be much less of it now that we got rid of the lifers, who essentially were getting tickets with zero BC donation. Everybody now has to pay.

Will some people still do it? Yes. That is just a price we pay at this point. Go sit in that empty seat after the 5th inning.

It won’t change a thing. They did this at the Hump and it got worse, even before the product collapsed. The lifers attended more than the big money and corporates will.

drummerdawg
02-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Just sucks other top stadiums in our conference have better seating options for the regular fan than we do. Nothing wrong with wanting to buy a ticket and getting a decent seat. "Hey there's plenty of places for you to stand" doesn't sound appealing to me or other non season ticket holders. Before you tell me I should just buy season tickets, I'm not able to make that many games so buying season tickets aren't for me. But when I do go to 5 or so games, I'd like decent seats and not 17ing grass or having to stand.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 11:57 AM

The “premium” unless I’m mistaken is your BDC donation. Since most of those are existing already.....

Homedawg
02-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Just sucks other top stadiums in our conference have better seating options for the regular fan than we do. Nothing wrong with wanting to buy a ticket and getting a decent seat. "Hey there's plenty of places for you to stand" doesn't sound appealing to me or other non season ticket holders. Before you tell me I should just buy season tickets, I'm not able to make that many games so buying season tickets aren't for me. But when I do go to 5 or so games, I'd like decent seats and not 17ing grass or having to stand.

Which brings me back to my original point, the new dude isn't better for those that were complaining before because they don't have a spot to go to, matter of fact, its probably worse. The person with a ga ticket has a berm to sit on or stand, thats it, up until they open up the grandstand after whatever inning, if its not full. There will be some seats available for sale in the grandstand in 19 because we have some saved for opposing teams when we host regionals etc..

02-08-2018, 12:26 PM
The ?premium? unless I?m mistaken is your BDC donation. Since most of those are existing already.....
Nope you have to pay extra for every sport. You can't apply your football contribution to baseball. Pretty obvious you don't buy tickets, but you are good at complaining.

If by "existing" you mean someone pays it every year already, IT IS STILL MONEY. No matter if the donor is used to it.

Unbelievable that you think the school should cater to the commoner who wants a great GA ticket for cheap, rather than the folks who are willing to pony up to help the school.

Keep the faith, dreamer.

02-08-2018, 12:29 PM
But when I do go to 5 or so games, I'd like decent seats and not 17ing grass or having to stand.
So you are telling me we should spend another 10 million in stadium costs for a guy like you, who admits he feels he is entitled to a "decent seat" for his cherry-picked 5 games he attends every year?

02-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Which brings me back to my original point, the new dude isn't better for those that were complaining before because they don't have a spot to go to, matter of fact, its probably worse. The person with a ga ticket has a berm to sit on or stand, thats it, up until they open up the grandstand after whatever inning, if its not full. There will be some seats available for sale in the grandstand in 19 because we have some saved for opposing teams when we host regionals etc..
Do other stadiums have general admission areas in the grandstand?

02-08-2018, 12:34 PM
It won?t change a thing. They did this at the Hump and it got worse, even before the product collapsed. The lifers attended more than the big money and corporates will.
Valid point but you could argue that the product killed basketball more than the reseating. I do not think we know the truth of this yet.

drummerdawg
02-08-2018, 12:36 PM
So you are telling me we should spend another 10 million in stadium costs for a guy like you, who admits he feels he is entitled to a "decent seat" for his cherry-picked 5 games he attends every year?

You're not this stupid are you? First off, it wouldn't cost $10 million extra. The other thing is, there are THOUSANDS of others like me who only get to go to a handful of games each year. It's not about revolving around me or my situation. So you'd rather cater to people that don't show up or would you rather have people fill the grandstands? You should really go to Alex Box, or Baum, or Founders, or even 17ing om and attend a game. You can walk up, get a ticket and have a great seat/experience at those places. Nobody in those places are made to sit on grass or stand unless all the seats are literally taken....Like I said earlier, you can raise the GA grandstand seating price if you want. That's not a big deal. I'd rather pay $25 and get a good seat than $10 and stand.

Political Hack
02-08-2018, 12:45 PM
New Dude looks great. The LFL is a travesty though. I hate that it?s gone. It won?t be the same. It?ll be commercial and stuffy and concrete and unwelcoming.

MaroonBelle
02-08-2018, 12:46 PM
You're not this stupid are you? First off, it wouldn't cost $10 million extra. The other thing is, there are THOUSANDS of others like me who only get to go to a handful of games each year. It's not about revolving around me or my situation. So you'd rather cater to people that don't show up or would you rather have people fill the grandstands? You should really go to Alex Box, or Baum, or Founders, or even 17ing om and attend a game. You can walk up, get a ticket and have a great seat/experience at those places. Nobody in those places are made to sit on grass or stand unless all the seats are literally taken....Like I said earlier, you can raise the GA grandstand seating price if you want. That's not a big deal. I'd rather pay $25 and get a good seat than $10 and stand.

This comes directly from the Athletics Website:

What will the capacity be in the new Dudy Noble?
For 2018, Dudy Noble will have an approximate capacity of 9,000, which is sufficient to host post season games. Plans for 2018 include 3,200 chair back seats, berm seating areas in the right field corner (the left field berm will not be completed for 2018), the Left Field Lounge boxes, the right field plaza and the standing room areas in the outfield.

How much will season tickets cost for 2018?
General Admission Chair Back Season Tickets will cost $99 and will include 20 home games. These tickets WILL NOT INCLUDE SUPER BULLDOG WEEKEND. The General Admission Chair Back season ticket will entitle season ticket holders admission into the chair back seats but not a specific seat assignment. 2,500 GA Chair Back season tickets will be available. Those who purchase General Admission Chair Back season tickets will have priority access to the chair back seats provided they arrive prior to the grandstand seating being opened to the public. Once the grandstand seating is opened to the public and no longer protected by stadium staff, any customer with any type of ticket may sit in the chair back seats and no one will have priority to the chair back seats.

So if there are 3200 chairbacks and only 2500 chairbacks are season tickets that leaves 700 chairbacks for per game purchase during this season. And this is for this season only. THERE WILL BE GENERAL ADMISSION CHAIRBACKS OPEN IN THE UPPER LEVEL IN 2019.

This season there is no assigned seating except that if you have season tickets you need to get there early because you will have your choice of seats.

drummerdawg
02-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Yes

02-08-2018, 12:58 PM
So if there are 3200 chairbacks and only 2500 chairbacks are season tickets that leaves 700 chairbacks for per game purchase during this season. And this is for this season only. THERE WILL BE GENERAL ADMISSION CHAIRBACKS OPEN IN THE UPPER LEVEL IN 2019.
So Liverpooldawg, Homedawg and drummerdawg are wrong? There will be general admission seating (specifically 2019 and beyond, we all know 2018 is GA only)?

Upon reading Homedawg's original post that started this discussion, it seems the issue is that there are simply LESS chairback general admission seats now than the bleachers before, but those seats are definitely BETTER than bleachers.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Some are just going to complain. Seems the "experience" drummerdawg wants will be better than before, there will be a chairback seat for him, he will just have to order it early and get there early. Price you pay for being an MSU baseball fan I guess.

MaroonBelle
02-08-2018, 01:04 PM
So Liverpooldawg, Homedawg and drummerdawg are wrong? There will be general admission seating (specifically 2019 and beyond, we all know 2018 is GA only)?

Specifically anyone who says there are no chairbacks for GA that are not season tickets in 2018 are wrong. The athletics website says there are. It is my understanding from what I have read and listened too in interviews that there WILL BE GA seating in 2019 in the chairbacks in the upper deck. If they are doing it for a 2018 season in which there are so few seats to be had it also only stands to reason that there will be chairbacks available in 2019 when the seating capacity of chairbacks will in fact double.

02-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Specifically anyone who says there are no chairbacks for GA that are not season tickets in 2018 are wrong. The athletics website says there are. It is my understanding from what I have read and listened too in interviews that there WILL BE GA seating in 2019 in the chairbacks in the upper deck. If they are doing it for a 2018 season in which there are so few seats to be had it also only stands to reason that there will be chairbacks available in 2019 when the seating capacity of chairbacks will in fact double.
So, at the end of the day, the "casual fan" has absolutely no reason to complain.

However, here at MSU, we have fans that think they should be able to waltz up and grab a chairback seat on Super Bulldog Weekend, 5 minutes before first pitch.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Nope you have to pay extra for every sport. You can't apply your football contribution to baseball. Pretty obvious you don't buy tickets, but you are good at complaining.

If by "existing" you mean someone pays it every year already, IT IS STILL MONEY. No matter if the donor is used to it.

Unbelievable that you think the school should cater to the commoner who wants a great GA ticket for cheap, rather than the folks who are willing to pony up to help the school.

Keep the faith, dreamer.
I don?t buy season tickets now. I did for over 25 years. Back then it was the same. Glad to hear they changed it. I think you are extrapolating some other posts on mine.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 01:20 PM
I don?t buy season tickets now. I did for over 25 years. Back then it was the same. Glad to hear they changed it. I think you are extrapolating some other posts on mine.

One more thing. I really don’t care what they do at Dudy Noble. I rarely go to baseball games, and when I do it’s usually the lessor attended ones. I don’t mind standing or sitting or what ever. Season ticket holders SHOULD get the best seats. For basketball and football I can usually get tickets if I want them. If I can’t that’s the price I pay for getting old and not wanting to go to all of them anymore. At least I didn’t hold on to my tickets and not use them half the time like a lot do. I DO wish we could come up with a easy ticket resale scheme, just to get butts in the seats. If it’s not easy, it won’t be used.

Randolph Dupree
02-08-2018, 01:23 PM
So, honest question here. Priority seating for 2018 is sold out, but will there be additional priority seating sold for 2019 once all seats are available?

MaroonBelle
02-08-2018, 01:24 PM
So, at the end of the day, the "casual fan" has absolutely no reason to complain.

However, here at MSU, we have fans that think they should be able to waltz up and grab a chairback seat on Super Bulldog Weekend, 5 minutes before first pitch.

The early bird gets the worm and all that! Judging by all the games I have attended since I moved to Starkville 2 years ago and got my season ticket (and by all the games I mean just about every midweek game and weekend series except a few days when I was sick and one weekend when I was moving) they didn't even check seating for non conference midweek games and they allowed fans to move from the bleachers to the chairbacks after about the 4th or 5th inning on weekends (even during SEC).

Homedawg
02-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Honestly don't know. Can't answer.

Joethedawg1
02-08-2018, 01:43 PM
We had a trailer in the LFL on the fence. Our new spot will actually have more room and a nice spot for the grill. The whole outfield will accommodate some 8,000 people. I'm excited about it and think it will be a super experience. If there is one thing I really like is it will be so much safer than those old rigs out there. Maybe not have the character of the old, but should be fun.

MaroonBelle
02-08-2018, 01:45 PM
So, honest question here. Priority seating for 2018 is sold out, but will there be additional priority seating sold for 2019 once all seats are available?

I don't know exactly how it works for the deposits or “gift premiums” as the BDC calls them. On the website it says there are 18 chairbacks left in the the Ten Year seating rights. Whether that includes ALL season tickets as Ten Year or just some they specifically set aside….? I don't know if all the reserved tickets for 2019 are already covered by deposits. You basically had to put a deposit down to reserve a chairback. Some people who have already put deposits down for a seat in the completed Dude probably still didn't get season tickets this year because there are only so many season tickets to go around this year. They went as usual by BDC # but with only 2500 to go around there were bound to be people that didn't get them.
Best policy is to call the BDC and ask. And do it as soon as possible if you have any interest in reserved seats next season.

louisvilledawg
02-08-2018, 02:32 PM
I don't know exactly how it works for the deposits or “gift premiums” as the BDC calls them. On the website it says there are 18 chairbacks left in the the Ten Year seating rights. Whether that includes ALL season tickets as Ten Year or just some they specifically set aside….? I don't know if all the reserved tickets for 2019 are already covered by deposits. You basically had to put a deposit down to reserve a chairback. Some people who have already put deposits down for a seat in the completed Dude probably still didn't get season tickets this year because there are only so many season tickets to go around this year. They went as usual by BDC # but with only 2500 to go around there were bound to be people that didn't get them.
Best policy is to call the BDC and ask. And do it as soon as possible if you have any interest in reserved seats next season.

Could you PM that link? I want to purchase two

MaroonBelle
02-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Could you PM that link? I want to purchase two

sent

Tbonewannabe
02-08-2018, 03:00 PM
One more thing. I really don?t care what they do at Dudy Noble. I rarely go to baseball games, and when I do it?s usually the lessor attended ones. I don?t mind standing or sitting or what ever. Season ticket holders SHOULD get the best seats. For basketball and football I can usually get tickets if I want them. If I can?t that?s the price I pay for getting old and not wanting to go to all of them anymore. At least I didn?t hold on to my tickets and not use them half the time like a lot do. I DO wish we could come up with a easy ticket resale scheme, just to get butts in the seats. If it?s not easy, it won?t be used.

This is one of the most important things in sports right now. It is way too easy to stay at home and watch it. It is also very expensive to get tickets through scalpers usually. Most people don't want to go to the game and hope to get a ticket there, they want to know they have a ticket before leaving the house.

Percho
02-08-2018, 03:27 PM
This is one of the most important things in sports right now. It is way too easy to stay at home and watch it. It is also very expensive to get tickets through scalpers usually. Most people don't want to go to the game and hope to get a ticket there, they want to know they have a ticket before leaving the house.

why can't that be done with something like, Mobile Entry?

Percho
02-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Could not the school sell tickets as a physical ticket that also has a duplicate E ticket. If the holder is not going then he could sell the E ticket to someone else via text messaging and or E mail.

Percho
02-08-2018, 03:35 PM
You would think universities would at the head of the line relative to progress.

bulldogsmsu
02-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Can you remind me again what is the timeline for left field lofts? Or is this out now?

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Can you remind me again what is the timeline for left field lofts? Or is this out now?

I believe they will start on them after the season and be ready for next year when the stadium is done.. if not they are starting after the stadium is complete...

RocketDawg
02-08-2018, 06:45 PM
What is the reason for the inset jog in far right field? Looks like there's plenty of room have just have it be a normal straight line.

And ... I understand this remodel is costing around $55M (not sure if that includes the lofts or not). Recently, there have been efforts here in Madison to build a new - not a remodel - AA minor league stadium. Concept drawings look pretty nice, and capacity is in the ballpark of the Dude. Why the big cost difference?

MaroonBelle
02-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Season Ticket chair backs for 2019 now sold out according to BDC

Tbonewannabe
02-09-2018, 01:18 PM
why can't that be done with something like, Mobile Entry?

You would think that it wouldn't be that hard since tickets have bar codes.

MagicDawg
02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
I wish this thread had a different title.

EDIT: Thanks to whomever edited it! :D