PDA

View Full Version : Lol...Mullen and Hev at it again!

bulldawg28
02-07-2018, 07:12 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/football-recruit-picks-florida-mom-wearing-vols-and-ba-1822811454/amp#ampshare=https://deadspin.com/football-recruit-picks-florida-mom-wearing-vols-and-ba-1822811454

Mom is so upset that her son picked Florida she walks out on him during signing letter of intent. Damn Mullen! I guess she wasn't impressed with the Jordan shoes you wore to the house.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2018, 07:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVeMQ8hUMAAmgUJ.jpg:large

Coach34
02-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Whats crazy is that he finally won a hat battle. Mom was obviously pissed her high paying Bama job was no longer happening

Commercecomet24
02-07-2018, 07:15 PM
I saw the video. That was brutal. I felt really bad for that kid. Should?ve been his big day and Mom gets up and walks out on national tv. That was cold.

bulldawg28
02-07-2018, 07:16 PM
I saw the video. That was brutal. I felt really bad for that kid. Should?ve been his big day and Mom gets up and walks out on national tv. That was cold.

Cold blooded. She obviously missed a big payday.

bulldawg28
02-07-2018, 07:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVeMQ8hUMAAmgUJ.jpg:large

He's consistent no doubt about that.

Homedawg
02-07-2018, 07:36 PM
They finished 14 th in the country and 4th in the league. That's not bad considering. Now he's never going to recruit at Saban Level. But fla will be ok. It recruits itself.

msstate7
02-07-2018, 07:53 PM
They finished 14 th in the country and 4th in the league. That's not bad considering. Now he's never going to recruit at Saban Level. But fla will be ok. It recruits itself.

Florida will recruit itself enough to finish 2nd in the east, 3-4 overall in the sec, and 2nd in the state to taggert at FSU. Unfortunately for Mullen, he cannot lose to Georgia, FSU, and not make the sec championship. He has to get better recruiters to last at Florida imo

msudawglb
02-07-2018, 07:57 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/football-recruit-picks-florida-mom-wearing-vols-and-ba-1822811454/amp#ampshare=https://deadspin.com/football-recruit-picks-florida-mom-wearing-vols-and-ba-1822811454

Mom is so upset that her son picked Florida she walks out on him during signing letter of intent. Damn Mullen! I guess she wasn't impressed with the Jordan shoes you wore to the house.

If she?s mad now just wait til Gonzales coaches her son for a year or two.

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 09:10 PM
That video is a perfect portrait of what college sports recruiting really is...it’s so bad that we are pitting parents versus their own children on a regular basis.

Tee Shepherd comes to mind and this must be pretty common every year for many recruits. The only upside for the recruit is getting a full ride to any of these schools is a good deal.

But the bottom line is that vid is a major indictment of NCAA enforcement in general and the result of their own malfeasance.

Jarius
02-07-2018, 09:18 PM
That video is a perfect portrait of what college sports recruiting really is...it’s so bad that we are pitting parents versus their own children on a regular basis.

Tee Shepherd comes to mind and this must be pretty common every year for many recruits. The only upside for the recruit is getting a full ride to any of these schools is a good deal.

But the bottom line is that vid is a major indictment of NCAA enforcement in general and the result of their own malfeasance.

We aren’t doing anything. Terrible parents are being terrible parents because they are terrible people. Stressful situations doesn’t build character, it reveals it.

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 09:31 PM
We aren’t doing anything. Terrible parents are being terrible parents because they are terrible people. Stressful situations doesn’t build character, it reveals it.

“We” being our general culture of college sports recruiting. And the parents may be bad but the whole impermissible benefits industry is generated by those persuing the recruits.

If I were a parent of a talented kid and being offered a six-figure job to get my kid to sign w/your school you can damn well bet I’d be swaying my child; and so would you.

RocketDawg
02-07-2018, 09:49 PM
“We” being our general culture of college sports recruiting. And the parents may be bad but the whole impermissible benefits industry is generated by those persuing the recruits.

If I were a parent of a talented kid and being offered a six-figure job to get my kid to sign w/your school you can damn well bet I’d be swaying my child; and so would you.

Somebody posted (jokingly, I assumed) that the mother was angry with her son because he had screwed up her job at Alabama. Has that morphed into the job offer being a done deal? Seems a little over the top to me. They're not Ole Miss ....

msstate7
02-07-2018, 09:51 PM
I feel terrible for that kid. His big moment, and he ends up having to answer questions about his mom

HereComesTheSpiral
02-07-2018, 09:52 PM
That would make an excellent"out" gif

dawgday166
02-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Somebody posted (jokingly, I assumed) that the mother was angry with her son because he had screwed up her job at Alabama. Has that morphed into the job offer being a done deal? Seems a little over the top to me. They're not Ole Miss ....

Yes they are. There just better at it and Bama sells. Largest fan base. And rest of country will tune in just hoping they'll get beat. Bama won't get busted while Saban is there.

Fader21
02-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Mom: ?later gator?
Son: ?after while crocodile?

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Buddy of mine was at the UGA big donors signing party tonight in Athens with the coaching staff. Said a couple of the coaches were laughing about how with Richt and Mullen in Florida now the gates are wide open to pick the State clean.

Jarius
02-07-2018, 10:21 PM

I know who you are referring to when you say “we”. I don’t give a shit what someone has offered you. When your child is on national tv and you do what that idiot mother did today you are a piece of trash. You can try to sway your child before that moment, but don’t ruin his once in a lifetime moment by being an idiot on national tv.

Homedawg
02-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Buddy of mine was at the UGA big donors signing party tonight in Athens with the coaching staff. Said a couple of the coaches were laughing about how with Richt and Mullen in Florida now the gates are wide open to pick the State clean.

Yeah Miami had a terrible year recruiting and ga always had bad years when richt was there.****Mullen will have to prove he can recruit, but that wasn't MR problem he did fine at ga. They sound cocky. Which I guess they've earned at present.

graddawg
02-07-2018, 10:24 PM
?We? being our general culture of college sports recruiting. And the parents may be bad but the whole impermissible benefits industry is generated by those persuing the recruits.

If I were a parent of a talented kid and being offered a six-figure job to get my kid to sign w/your school you can damn well bet I?d be swaying my child; and so would you.

Nah. I already have a six-figure job.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 10:29 PM

No- Bama isn’t OM. They are much better. Parents at Bama get 6 figure jobs on the reg

msstate7
02-07-2018, 10:30 PM

I have a 7... 12,000.00 a year

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Again,and obviously as stated in my post, I was speaking in general and not of this specific recruitment or it being a done deal. But if you don?t think job offers for parents being attached to their signature (LOI) to play ball is a common practice then you?re just being naive.

Bama isnt signing 4 of the last 5 recruiting classes ranked #1 on name alone, either. They?re just not going to get scrutinized as much bc of their historical success in football.

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Yeah Miami had a terrible year recruiting and ga always had bad years when richt was there.****Mullen will have to prove he can recruit, but that wasn't MR problem he did fine at ga. They sound cocky. Which I guess they've earned at present.

Well, UGA pulled 2 4* CB from Miami, a 5* CB from Ft. Laudersale, and Dalvin Cooks’ 4* Athlete little brother from Miami- and I don’t ever recall UGA getting that much at one time out of South Florida.

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 10:42 PM

I assumed you did but also assumed you understood that most recruits household incomes did not reach it,

Coach34
02-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Again,and obviously as stated in my post, I was speaking in general and not of this specific recruitment or it being a done deal. But if you don?t think job offers for parents being attached to their signature (LOI) to play ball is a common practice then you?re just being naive.

Bama isnt signing 4 of the last 5 recruiting classes ranked #1 on name alone, either. They?re just not going to get scrutinized as much bc of their historical success in football.

Setting up a parent with a 6-figure job is actually not against NCAA rules. Paying money to visit or sign is. That’s why the big dawgs keep grabbing their prizes.

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 10:45 PM

I assumed you did but also assumed you understood that most household incomes of recruits did not.

Schultzy
02-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Setting up a parent with a 6-figure job is actually not against NCAA rules. Paying money to visit or sign is. That’s why the big dawgs keep grabbing their prizes.

Interesting, seriously had no idea that was the case. In this era of multi million dollar budgets why wouldn’t you employ or get a booster to employ a parent of a recruit in leu of a contribution to the university?

It’s certainly the smart way to recruit.

tireddawg
02-07-2018, 10:58 PM

We need to start offering jobs. I'll help with that fund, & I'm sure graddawg could spare some coin.