PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

BuckyIsAB****
07-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Hampton is a joke. Him getting that job over Chris jones was laughable.

Meridian is close to becoming a JPS school if they dont tighten it up

msu15
07-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Meridian is close to becoming a JPS school if they dont tighten it up

I feel that it has already become one

Hambone
07-06-2018, 09:05 AM
BSR has an interview up with Emery. Hope you guys know what y’all are talking about because Emery is saying otherwise.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-06-2018, 09:12 AM
?? Not sure what you heard...He said we are still his top school. Complimented Huff and Moorhead. Only coach mentioned by name except Knox at Florida, who has been recruiting him for years.

Once he takes his visits I bet he picks "MState" as he called us. #RPOlife

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Emery said it's between State and UGA. Around 8:45 mark.

I hope Huff stays for a few years...

Hambone
07-06-2018, 09:25 AM
In his opening statement State is not mentioned. At all. Once someone points us out THEN he talks about state.

Covercorner2
07-06-2018, 09:40 AM
In his opening statement State is not mentioned. At all. Once someone points us out THEN he talks about state.

That is regurgitated from an article and interview conducted like 3-4 days ago. Here is the link:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/elite-rb-john-emery-jr-and-uga-and-mississippi-state-theres-a-lot-to-get-to-here

It's very much slanted in UGA's favor and conducted by a UGA writer.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Allow your attention span to hold tight for a few minutes past the opening 30 seconds.

Ari Gold
07-06-2018, 10:35 AM

Chill...

Bothrops
07-06-2018, 10:46 AM

That may not mean anything, but still makes me nervous.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 11:16 AM
BSR has an interview up with Emery. Hope you guys know what y’all are talking about because Emery is saying otherwise.

I’m not worried

msbulldog
07-06-2018, 11:58 AM
If IYOK is not worried neither am I.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-06-2018, 12:21 PM

You are overthinking this. It's all good

msu15
07-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Poor ole MSU

Ari Gold
07-06-2018, 01:09 PM
I’m more confident about Emery now than I was 2 months ago when I said we would land him..

msu15
07-06-2018, 03:49 PM
I’m more confident about Emery now than I was 2 months ago when I said we would land him..

Thumbs up

Pit Bull
07-06-2018, 05:28 PM
We are supposed to win most of the in state battles with an out of state school. We don't beat them for top players in Alabama.

And one bone to pick: We lost Raekwon because Hevesy convinced Mullen he was an Offensive lineman. Therefore, Hevesy was the lead recruiter.....

BAMA is not just ANY out of state school.....or have you figured that out yet? If they really want a player bad enough, they can go anywhere from Barrow, Alaska to Guam to the Canary Islands and take whoever they want. Even in our own state of Mississippi.....I am very thankful when we win a head to head recruiting battle vs them.

msstate7
07-06-2018, 07:41 PM

Nice

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Martin Emerson Commits

https://twitter.com/martymargg1/status/1015636679678464001?s=12

https://247sports.com/Player/Martin-Emerson-Jr-46043261/

SandlotDawg
07-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Great get. They just keep coming.

Bothrops
07-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Like they say he committed. Welcome home!! Hailstate!

jacksondawg
07-07-2018, 02:28 PM
What position are we projecting him to play CB/SS/FS?

Ari Gold
07-07-2018, 02:32 PM
T Buck really likes this kid..

KOdawg1
07-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Derrick Hall tweeted and said to watch the news at 6. Is he on commitment watch, or is this just a feature on him on the news?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Derrick Hall tweeted and said to watch the news at 6. Is he on commitment watch, or is this just a feature on him on the news?

Just a feature

Lord McBuckethead
07-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Hope it features him in Maroon and White.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-07-2018, 03:43 PM
So that's it for DBs right? Unless we could somehow flip Turnage?

jumbo
07-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Most likely

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2018, 04:00 PM

I think we take 2 more DB’s. Another CB & another Safety.

Ari Gold
07-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Turnage is a take no matter what ...might go juco route at CB / S

SmokeyDawg
07-07-2018, 05:02 PM
How are we looking with Derick Hall? Seems like he's leaning toward more of a DE prospect.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2018, 05:10 PM
How are we looking with Derick Hall? Seems like he's leaning toward more of a DE prospect.

Auburn has a slight lead & they’re recruiting him as an OLB. Similar to Gerri Green spot last year in the 3-4.

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Auburn has a slight lead & they’re recruiting him as an OLB. Similar to Gerri Green spot last year in the 3-4.

Auburn is making hay in East/South MS this year.

Gotta find a way to pull Hall

maroonmania
07-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Auburn is making hay in East/South MS this year.

Gotta find a way to pull Hall

AL and Aub both coming heavy into MS this year while we are going way less into Alabama than we have the past few years. Outside of James down on the AL coast we don't seem to really be targeting much of any AL prospects like we have been.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-07-2018, 08:42 PM
AL and Aub both coming heavy into MS this year while we are going way less into Alabama than we have the past few years. Outside of James down on the AL coast we don't seem to really be targeting much of any AL prospects like we have been.

Hopefully the "problems" at Auburn will be resolved soon

MetEdDawg
07-07-2018, 09:09 PM

Alabama is weird this year. 5 of the Top 7 kids in Alabama are OL and QBs. Those never leave the state. Plus the WR in the Top 5 is a Hoover kid. Those types almost always go to Bama.

It's also not a highly ranked defensive class in Alabama this year but it's got a little depth in that low 4 Star to high 3 Star range. Check these commits out:

According to 24/7 state of Alabama ranking:

1) Pitt has a commit from the 21st best player in the state
2) LSU has a commit from the 22nd and 27th best players in the state
3) Vandy has a commit from the 23rd best player in the state
4) Clemson has a commit from the 26th best player in the state
5) We have a commit from the 28th best player in the state
6) Florida has a commit from the 32nd best player in the state

The elite DL and RB aren't there this year. But there's a lot of those in that 86 to 91 range that have a ton of potential. I'm gonna see a lot of these guys this year and saw a lot of them last year. There are only about 8 or 9 day 1 SEC starter type guys in the state this year and only one of them is a DL or LB. Very very odd year.

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Hopefully the "problems" at Auburn will be resolved soon

What exactly is the problem?

Amazing how Alabama schools always have people working for them in Mississippi yet we never have those same people in Alabama.

Why is that?

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Alabama is weird this year. 5 of the Top 7 kids in Alabama are OL and QBs. Those never leave the state. Plus the WR in the Top 5 is a Hoover kid. Those types almost always go to Bama.

It's also not a highly ranked defensive class in Alabama this year but it's got a little depth in that low 4 Star to high 3 Star range. Check these commits out:

According to 24/7 state of Alabama ranking:

1) Pitt has a commit from the 21st best player in the state
2) LSU has a commit from the 22nd and 27th best players in the state
3) Vandy has a commit from the 23rd best player in the state
4) Clemson has a commit from the 26th best player in the state
5) We have a commit from the 28th best player in the state
6) Florida has a commit from the 32nd best player in the state

The elite DL and RB aren't there this year. But there's a lot of those in that 86 to 91 range that have a ton of potential. I'm gonna see a lot of these guys this year and saw a lot of them last year. There are only about 8 or 9 day 1 SEC starter type guys in the state this year and only one of them is a DL or LB. Very very odd year.

Just our luck that the best defensive class in Mississippi history is the same year Alabama produces no defensive players. Crazy

MetEdDawg
07-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Just our luck that the best defensive class in Mississippi history is the same year Alabama produces no defensive players. Crazy

My thoughts exactly. And the state of Georgia is deep and getting raided by a lot of people. They have 37 4 and 5 Star recruits. 20 of those are already committed out of state.

Auburn and Alabama are having to move around this year more than normal because in state isn't as elite and Georgia is getting raided from all over.

Goldendawg
07-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Ari, IYOK, or another of you guys with good info, with only 8 slots left at this time, who do you consider our top remaining targets and our standing with them? I appreciate your insight. Not looking for any info that does not need to be discussed at this time. The free site on 24/7 still has Greg Knox as lead recruiter on some targets. Thanks.

Todd4State
07-08-2018, 02:41 AM

As long as we're pulling guys from Louisiana like we are I'm fine with that. I'd rather compete with LSU- especially when they are down- than I would with Alabama and Auburn. LSU is probably going to get 20 or so of the top players in Louisiana. Alabama and Auburn probably are going to get probably the top 35 as Alabama recruits nationally.

We would be less likely to get four star guys like Key, Whop, and Emery from Alabama IMO just because of the options and numbers in each state.

Todd4State
07-08-2018, 02:48 AM
Ari, IYOK, or another of you guys with good info, with only 8 slots left at this time, who do you consider our top remaining targets and our standing with them? I appreciate your insight. Not looking for any info that does not need to be discussed at this time. The free site on 24/7 still has Greg Knox as lead recruiter on some targets. Thanks.

I'm not answering your question- but I have a feeling that we are going to make some big moves at Big Dawg Camp this year with some guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have some more Dannis Jackson type surprises this year. We'll see what happens- I think there are a few guys that are waiting and seeing how Moorhead does with us. He's off to a great start but a 10 win season may sway some guys like Mingo, Dean, Hall, Cross, and Turnage. If Ole Miss has a down year it could be even better because Joe will actually take advantage of it unlike Dan. It seems to me like our staff is a little bit more unpredictable to a lot of our recruiting experts on the web sites to a degree- like Pickering committing earlier than originally thought and Dannis Jackson committing when it didn't appear as if there was any interest at all. And I just think it's because it's a new staff.

I guess my point is it's difficult for really anyone to predict at this point.

Covercorner2
07-08-2018, 09:30 AM
What exactly is the problem?

Amazing how Alabama schools always have people working for them in Mississippi yet we never have those same people in Alabama.

Why is that?

There is apparently someone within the MS HS coaching ranks pushing kids to AU. This made the rounds on both State and Ole Miss message boards. Word is that issue has been resolved.

To answer your other question, I would venture to say it?s because those schools, especially Bama just simply have a larger fan base, especially nationally.

Ari Gold
07-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Some things will be a little more clear after BDC on some guys
The season will ha e a HUGE factor as well

Me and IYOK said months ago this 2019 class is going to be a rollercoaster. Patience is best way to handle it

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Me and IYOK said months ago this 2019 class is going to be a rollercoaster. Patience is best way to handle it

Not really that bold of a prediction. Everyone was saying this. Predicting drama in a recruiting class, wow that's bold...considering it happens every year.

KOdawg1
07-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Not really that bold of a prediction. Everyone was saying this. Predicting drama in a recruiting class, wow that's bold...considering it happens every year.

*eye roll*

Ari Gold
07-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Bold prediction??? I just said patience and this class will be all over the place which they have been and it’s just July...
Not sure where you got bold prediction from that.. maybe you should read more and post less.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Bold prediction??? I just said patience and this class will be all over the place which they have been and it?s just July...
Not sure where you got bold prediction from that.. maybe you should read more and post less.

Maybe I can post as much as I want to...Not talking about the patience...I'm talking about saying you and IYOK was saying this class was going to be a roller coaster like that's some kind of great thing. I think everyone knew that. And let me guess...when we lose out on some of the recruits we will get the " well we said it would be a roller coaster" Seems like an easy out.

SmokeyDawg
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Maybe I can post as much as I want to...Not talking about the patience...I'm talking about saying you and IYOK was saying this class was going to be a roller coaster like that's some kind of great thing. I think everyone knew that. And let me guess...when we lose out on some of the recruits we will get the " well we said it would be a roller coaster" Seems like an easy out.

Do you ever bring reliable information to the board? And did someone piss in your boots?

msbulldog
07-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Hey 'Fresh as Hell' on 247, you are a dick over there and you are a dick over here! You bring nothing to either site and you bring nothing but criticism for MSU! I am here to call you out as a troll and I call out the Enforcer to expose you!

Bully13
07-08-2018, 03:42 PM

So what are the odds JT Ginn makes it to MSU?

sscjr1
07-08-2018, 03:55 PM
So you don't feel like you're getting your money's worth?

I seen it dawg
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM

I'm getting tired of your act. It's old and tired. Provide something of substance instead of shit like this.

KOdawg1
07-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Do you ever bring reliable information to the board? And did someone piss in your boots?
The answer to your first question is No, he doesn't.

Easily one of the top 5 worst posters on this board. Which is saying something

Cooterpoot
07-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm not answering your question- but I have a feeling that we are going to make some big moves at Big Dawg Camp this year with some guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have some more Dannis Jackson type surprises this year. We'll see what happens- I think there are a few guys that are waiting and seeing how Moorhead does with us. He's off to a great start but a 10 win season may sway some guys like Mingo, Dean, Hall, Cross, and Turnage. If Ole Miss has a down year it could be even better because Joe will actually take advantage of it unlike Dan. It seems to me like our staff is a little bit more unpredictable to a lot of our recruiting experts on the web sites to a degree- like Pickering committing earlier than originally thought and Dannis Jackson committing when it didn't appear as if there was any interest at all. And I just think it's because it's a new staff.

I guess my point is it's difficult for really anyone to predict at this point.

Don?t be surprised if Dannis is on a few visits s. Might go soft on his commitment. I still believe he signs with us in the end but he?s going to bounce around a little. He wants to see the offense in action. And OM is selling him the ?next NFL WR? pitch. Kid just wants the ball in his hands. I still believe he signs with us if our offense is more diverse. And it will be.
Don?t be surprised if Bama and Young part ways down the road. He?s not going to like what they?re doing. He?s a little hung up on the big names but he?s going to figure it out I believe.

I spent the last couple weeks checking out collegiate summer ball from the Midwest to the east coast. Was surprised at the number of solid Juco guys I saw. Won?t be surprised if we pick up a couple next round. Saw several small school guys that could play in the SEC too. Parity in college baseball is still growing.

Bully13
07-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Don?t be surprised if Dannis is on a few visits s. Might go soft on his commitment. I still believe he signs with us in the end but he?s going to bounce around a little. He wants to see the offense in action. And OM is selling him the ?next NFL WR? pitch. Kid just wants the ball in his hands. I still believe he signs with us if our offense is more diverse. And it will be.
Don?t be surprised if Bama and Young part ways down the road. He?s not going to like what they?re doing. He?s a little hung up on the big names but he?s going to figure it out I believe.

I spent the last couple weeks checking out collegiate summer ball from the Midwest to the east coast. Was surprised at the number of solid Juco guys I saw. Won?t be surprised if we pick up a couple next round. Saw several small school guys that could play in the SEC too. Parity in college baseball is still growing.

Yep. Our performance this season will play a pivotal role come early Feb. So far a lot of heavyweights are believing in us though as evidenced by our current commit list.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Hey 'Fresh as Hell' on 247, you are a dick over there and you are a dick over here! You bring nothing to either site and you bring nothing but criticism for MSU! I am here to call you out as a troll and I call out the Enforcer to expose you!

Oh no you figured out my name on other sites!!! I'm wizard on sps too!!!! Wow!!!!..smh. By the way it is FreshAsHail...get the name right. Here we go again with the Enforcer. It's been done before dumbass and it was verified that I was in fact a State fan. But please try again.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Oh no you figured out my name on other sites!!! I'm wizard on sps too!!!! Wow!!!!..smh. By the way it is FreshAsHail...get the name right. Here we go again with the Enforcer. It's been done before dumbass and it was verified that I was in fact a State fan. But please try again.

Clean up the attacking act that tends to provoke same or just stay on those other sites.

bigplayslay
07-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Zach Edwards decommitted from LSU. Are we going after him?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Zach Edwards decommitted from LSU. Are we going after him?

No time soon

Doggie_Style
07-10-2018, 10:20 PM
No time soon

I hear you....but he would be the highest rated LB that we have committed/lead on...unlikely we get Dean or Hall so who?s it gonna be?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2018, 10:26 PM
I hear you....but he would be the highest rated LB that we have committed/lead on...unlikely we get Dean or Hall so who?s it gonna be?

That ranking is likely to drop. We’re still right there for Hall.

Doggie_Style
07-11-2018, 12:52 PM
That ranking is likely to drop. We?re still right there for Hall.

Well ya know RoseBowl has Hall CB'd to Auburn so it's probably a done deal ***

Ari Gold
07-11-2018, 01:19 PM

This isn’t Mullen and The CC recruiting .. Edwards may end up in this class in the end but Moorhead and company will land a big time LB

Bully13
07-11-2018, 01:23 PM
That ranking is likely to drop. We’re still right there for Hall.

What's Hall's first name? Couldn't find him on our LB offer list.

Ari Gold
07-11-2018, 01:48 PM
What's Hall's first name? Couldn't find him on our LB offer list.

Derick..
and they may him listed as WDE is why you can’t find him

Bully13
07-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Derick..
and they may him listed as WDE is why you can’t find him

thanks. IYOK says we're still in it but others are saying not likely. who you thinking will be our "big time" LB?

Ari Gold
07-11-2018, 02:36 PM
thanks. IYOK says we're still in it but others are saying not likely. who you thinking will be our "big time" LB?

I still think we land Hall. Have a great shot at flipping Black and still in the game with Dean
There will be a new name Or 2 that will surface later ( out of state ) and we may see these at BDC

somebodyshotmypaw
07-11-2018, 08:07 PM
We are definitely keeping the line of communication open with Edwards, because good staffs don't burn bridges and always have a plan B. But I don't believe at all that Edwards has a commitable offer at this time.

Bully13
07-11-2018, 08:21 PM
I still think we land Hall. Have a great shot at flipping Black and still in the game with Dean
There will be a new name Or 2 that will surface later ( out of state ) and we may see these at BDC

Gracias para wool.

https://s33.postimg.cc/l43b1chpb/Wool_heavy.jpg

sscjr1
07-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Buy/sell John Emery is next to commit

SandlotDawg
07-12-2018, 08:28 AM
I don’t know about next, but I’m buying he definitely commits. I think Moorhead is going to try and find a Saquan type player in each class from here on out. Emery is that guy.

Doggie_Style
07-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Buy/sell John Emery is next to commit

My guess is Hubbard is our next commit during or after BDC. Emery probably just after that with a chance of picking up Cross, Bell and Burdine before September. after that it will be wait until December for a couple more.

SmokeyDawg
07-12-2018, 11:32 AM
My guess is Hubbard is our next commit during or after BDC. Emery probably just after that with a chance of picking up Cross, Bell and Burdine before September. after that it will be wait until December for a couple more.

Hubbard has really jumped in the ratings. We finish with those 3 OL and it'll be the best OL class we've brought in on paper.

Cooterpoot
07-12-2018, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970121] Cross, Bell and Burdine before September. QUOTE]

Not happening

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Emery is now a 5 star

Ifyouonlyknew
07-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Emery is now a 5 star

He’s a 247 5* not quite a Composite 5*

I seen it dawg
07-12-2018, 12:51 PM
This is not your mamas country club crootin

bostondawg
07-12-2018, 12:57 PM

While the composite was cool when it started, the face that 247 is 10000x ahead of the other recruiting sites is starting to make it obsolete. 247 is out-innovating their own product.

Doggie_Style
07-12-2018, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970121] Cross, Bell and Burdine before September. QUOTE]

Not happening

stellar post***

sscjr1
07-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Marcus Murphy was a composite 3* last year. Need I say more?

Cooterpoot
07-12-2018, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;970159]

stellar post***

Well, you can wait around and be disappointed. I tried to warn you.

Doggie_Style
07-12-2018, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970194]

Well, you can wait around and be disappointed. I tried to warn you.

Oh my Mr. Vag. Flatulance...please enlighten us so that we can temper our ?poor Ole Mittippi tate? expectations!

Goldendawg
07-12-2018, 08:10 PM
He?s a 247 5* not quite a Composite 5*

Why has Montravious Richardson's rating fallen?

Ari Gold
07-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Why has Montravious Richardson's rating fallen?

Odds are he won’t be in the class anyway

Cooterpoot
07-12-2018, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;970253]

Oh my Mr. Vag. Flatulance...please enlighten us so that we can temper our ?poor Ole Mittippi tate? expectations!

We’re third at best on Cross’s list. Maybe 4th now. Hall is a maybe. Burdine is a plan B guy. Lose some guys and we might take him.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Nm

Ifyouonlyknew
07-12-2018, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970324]

We?re third at best on Cross?s list. Maybe 4th now. Hall is a maybe. Burdine is a plan B guy. Lose some guys and we might take him.

We disagree on a couple things. I think we?re probably 2nd on Cross. We?d take Burdine now if he wanted to come.

Cooterpoot
07-12-2018, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;970352]

We disagree on a couple things. I think we?re probably 2nd on Cross. We?d take Burdine now if he wanted to come.

With the new offers, Cross dropped us down the line. I was told Burdine was behind someone but you know more than me on him. Cross isn’t coming unless he gets dropped by a couple schools. Was told that by a family member. Could be her opinion, could be fact. Either way, he’s not committing to us by Sept.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-12-2018, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=Ifyouonlyknew;970354]

With the new offers, Cross dropped us down the line. I was told Burdine was behind someone but you know more than me on him. Cross isn’t coming unless he gets dropped by a couple schools. Was told that by a family member. Could be her opinion, could be fact. Either way, he’s not committing to us by Sept.

I agree about the September part. I hear he’s going to take more time & wait longer. That plays to our advantage imo.

Todd4State
07-12-2018, 10:33 PM

Again, I wish 247 would do away with the composite ranking.

Bdawg
07-13-2018, 10:05 AM
So, is K Jones, GA OL, committing this weekend? He said he has his mind made up and has informed coaches of his decision. Said he really loves Johnson and is like a father figure. Are we i the hunt? Think the crystal balls say AU.

Big4Dawg
07-13-2018, 10:15 AM
So, is K Jones, GA OL, committing this weekend? He said he has his mind made up and has informed coaches of his decision. Said he really loves Johnson and is like a father figure. Are we i the hunt? Think the crystal balls say AU.

It's Auburn. Don't get your hopes up.

Doggie_Style
07-13-2018, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970324]

We?re third at best on Cross?s list. Maybe 4th now. Hall is a maybe. Burdine is a plan B guy. Lose some guys and we might take him.

So we're saying Hev is going to out recruit us on OL?....BTW Hud is on Cross and he's currently #2 in the nation in recruiting......and yea we would take Burdine in a heart beat if he decides to come here.

Bdawg
07-13-2018, 10:19 AM
It's Auburn. Don't get your hopes up.

10/4

Cooterpoot
07-13-2018, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;970352]

So we're saying Hev is going to out recruit us on OL?....BTW Hud is on Cross and he's currently #2 in the nation in recruiting......and yea we would take Burdine in a heart beat if he decides to come here.

1. It's not Hev and FL. They're behind us- Way behind.
2. I'm just telling you what someone related to Cross said.
3. You might take Burdine. Doesn't mean State will. And I'll defer to FYOK on that one. He probably has better info on that deal than me.

OneArmSteve
07-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Ari, IYOK, anyone else....reading on the other board that Dannis Jackson may flip to OM soon. I know you guys have been saying this recruiting year will be a rollercoaster of sorts, but do yall think we hang on to him? Will he flip soon, and we still have a chance to get him back?
Definitely feel better about situations like these with JoMo and the new staff.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Ari, IYOK, anyone else....reading on the other board that Dannis Jackson may flip to OM soon. I know you guys have been saying this recruiting year will be a rollercoaster of sorts, but do yall think we hang on to him? Will he flip soon, and we still have a chance to get him back?
Definitely feel better about situations like these with JoMo and the new staff.

That’s speculation based off a Yancy post no real evidence. It will be a very tough battle to keep him but I’ve heard nothing suggesting he’s flipping in a couple weeks. He may but I haven’t heard anything & think it’s more guessing on our fans part than anything based off intel.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2018, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Doggie_Style;970447]

1. It's not Hev and FL. They're behind us- Way behind.
2. I'm just telling you what someone related to Cross said.
3. You might take Burdine. Doesn't mean State will. And I'll defer to FYOK on that one. He probably has better info on that deal than me.

Who you have leading for Cross FSU? I assume you have OM 2nd?

Cooterpoot
07-13-2018, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;970457]

Who you have leading for Cross FSU? I assume you have OM 2nd?

Yes, FSU. I'd give OM a slight edge on us but nothing major. There's rumor he's about to pull another offer though. Not sure about the AU offer he's got because they didn't mention it. I took that to mean it wasn't a serious option, but that was an assumption.
And I'll tell yall what I tell everybody. None of this is 100%. I just pass along what I hear.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2018, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=Ifyouonlyknew;970468]

Yes, FSU. I'd give OM a slight edge on us but nothing major. There's rumor he's about to pull another offer though. Not sure about the AU offer he's got because they didn't mention it. I took that to mean it wasn't a serious option, but that was an assumption.
And I'll tell yall what I tell everybody. None of this is 100%. I just pass along what I hear.

That’s what the board is for. I think him delaying his decision is a positive for us. FSU has his attention right now but I think they’ll sort of fade as time goes on. If the battle ends up OM/MSU I like our chances.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2018, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ifyouonlyknew;970468]

I appreciate your info. There's no way to be 100% on any of this unless it's your own kid. Keep bringing the info

Johnson85
07-13-2018, 03:36 PM

So are we going to get at least 4 decent OL prospects? At some point, we've got to have a full OL class and really need a big one to make up for the last two years.

Thank goodness we should have Eiland and Reese for three more years. If we hadn't hit on them we'd be scrambling bad.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2018, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ifyouonlyknew;970354]

So are we going to get at least 4 decent OL prospects? At some point, we've got to have a full OL class and really need a big one to make up for the last two years.

Thank goodness we should have Eiland and Reese for three more years. If we hadn't hit on them we'd be scrambling bad.

I think we’ll sign 5 OL this class. We have 2 very solid SEC OL so far in Washington & Cunningham. We add Hubbard that would give us 3 good OL. Then we have to find 2 more. We need to find a way to close on Cross. I think Cross would be the best OL we’d sign this year. I really like him. That 5th slot could go a # of directions. I know they’re growing on Coker Wright from Brookhaven. We’re looking at him as a Center. He had a good June camp & a good Big Dawg camp may be enough to seal the deal. Laquinston Sharp will be around late if need be also.

Goldendawg
07-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Guys with good info: expect any commits during or after Big Dawg Camp? BTW: UNM now has 24 commits/13th in nation, so with Ealy turning down baseball, Black staying, and only 1 spot left no more recruiting competition from them right?** "Shirley", they wouldn't show a lack of loyalty to these young men and process some between now and the two signing days!****

SmokeyDawg
07-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Am I confused or do they not have 3 or 4 less scholarships this year?

Hambone
07-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Ealy won’t get drafted until next year??? How did he turn it down already?

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2018, 08:38 PM
Ealy won’t get drafted until next year??? How did he turn it down already?

Ealy will go in the first round. He’ll never see a college football field.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2018, 09:12 PM

This. Ealy was never gonna see a college campus. Foregone conclusion.

Todd4State
07-14-2018, 01:55 AM

Isn't his Dad a baseball scout or something like that too?

It seems to me like a lot of times athletes that come from a baseball background seem to choose baseball.

Todd4State
07-14-2018, 01:57 AM
Am I confused or do they not have 3 or 4 less scholarships this year?

What they are trying to do is keep their rating up for hype purposes with the hopes of replacing one of the 17 offensive line commits with a bunch of 4-5 stars down the line based on the hype and buildup.

It won't work.

Todd4State
07-14-2018, 01:58 AM

Four would be an improvement over what we typically have been doing. And thank T-Buck for Reese.

preachermatt83
07-14-2018, 01:20 PM
As expected, K Jones committed to auburn

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-14-2018, 01:38 PM

Regardless, I feel like OL is in good hands after Jones' interview where he listed Johnson as the #1 reason he'd come here. Gotta believe he'll consistently get solid guys year after year if he keeps building those kind of relationships

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2018, 01:52 PM

Definitely expected but I'm proud of our coaches to get a hat at the table.

If you're in the running, you never know what might happen. Maybe we have a great year and blow out Auburn. Maybe Gus has the every 3 year debacle that has been the trend of Auburn and he gets fired.

Point is, you never know what will happen. If you're in the running, you never know how things may change.

Ari Gold
07-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Yeah was really hoping Jones would have waited till after BDC and pushed back his decision.. there are no trophies for finishing second in recruiting but it’s damn sure an upgrade from the last 9 years of OL recruiting . This staff gets it and OL recruiting will continue to improve under Coach Johnson

99jc
07-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Yeah was really hoping Jones would have waited till after BDC and pushed back his decision.. there are no trophies for finishing second in recruiting but it?s damn sure an upgrade from the last 9 years of OL recruiting . This staff gets it and OL recruiting will continue to improve under Coach Johnson

Nm

preachermatt83
07-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Definitely expected but I'm proud of our coaches to get a hat at the table.

If you're in the running, you never know what might happen. Maybe we have a great year and blow out Auburn. Maybe Gus has the every 3 year debacle that has been the trend of Auburn and he gets fired.

Point is, you never know what will happen. If you're in the running, you never know how things may change.

Lots of truth

preachermatt83
07-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Yeah was really hoping Jones would have waited till after BDC and pushed back his decision.. there are no trophies for finishing second in recruiting but it’s damn sure an upgrade from the last 9 years of OL recruiting . This staff gets it and OL recruiting will continue to improve under Coach Johnson

No doubt!!

BuckyIsAB****
07-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Ealy will go in the first round. He?ll never see a college football field.

I know its a difference but people said the same thing about Ginn

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 12:58 PM
I know its a difference but people said the same thing about Ginn

True but Ginn is a right handed pitcher, of which there are many while Ealy is a much rarer talent.

Todd4State
07-16-2018, 03:40 PM
True but Ginn is a right handed pitcher, of which there are many while Ealy is a much rarer talent.

Especially in this era where offense is at a premium.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Especially in this era where offense is at a premium.

Well, the draft is about 60/40 pitchers over hitters.

If you look through the Major League Baseball, you can find quality right handed pitchers & pitching in general in different areas of the draft, but most all of the better position players come from the top 2 rounds. Throw that in with a him having ceiling of Andrew McCutchen or Rick Henderson, & he's going to go really high.

I'll put it this way. Kyler Murray went 9th overall this year & Ealy is better with a similar profile

SouthMSDog
07-17-2018, 07:59 AM
Kyler Murray went 9th overall this year & Ealy is better with a similar profile

And he will be playing college football this year. I understand your point, I just thought it had a bit of irony to it.

Ari Gold
07-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Ok let’s close the discussion on Ealy and the mlb draft .

Bothrops
07-17-2018, 11:57 PM
Since we aren't getting a RB from the '18 class, now, are we going to open a spot for a second RB? Is the optimism for beating out Georgia for Emery still there?

Ari Gold
07-18-2018, 06:58 AM
Since we aren't getting a RB from the '18 class, now, are we going to open a spot for a second RB? Is the optimism for beating out Georgia for Emery still there?

No unless it’s someone we can’t turn down
And Yes Emery all good he has been all good

Cooterpoot
07-18-2018, 08:28 AM
Looks like we're losing another recruit to Arkansas.

Uncle Ruckus
07-18-2018, 09:07 AM
Brooks?

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-18-2018, 09:07 AM
Gregory Brooks? Ah the promise of early playing time...you'll start here at Arky bc all our upperclassmen are trash!

Ari Gold
07-18-2018, 09:33 AM

Not saying Brooks doesn’t end up at Arky, but what is this Based on.?

Doggie_Style
07-18-2018, 09:40 AM

What is the basis for this post......sheesh

Cooterpoot
07-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Not saying Brooks doesn’t end up at Arky, but what is this Based on.?

Wilfong shot it out there. I have no idea if he flips or not. Just passing along what I saw on social.

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Wilfong shot it out there. I have no idea if he flips or not. Just passing along what I saw on social.

That's not what you posted though. You posted that it looked like we were losing him to Arkansas.

I realize what you meant, but your word choice was below average

Cooterpoot
07-18-2018, 10:50 AM
That's not what you posted though. You posted that it looked like we were losing him to Arkansas.

I realize what you meant, but your word choice was below average

Are rumors no longer encouraged here??? I said it "looks like". I never said it was fact or done and he had committed. You guys need to get your vags off your shoulders. This site has gone way too soft since C34 left.

civildawg
07-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Are rumors no longer encouraged here??? I said it "looks like". I never said it was fact or done and he had committed. You guys need to get your vags off your shoulders. This site has gone way too soft since C34 left.

Amen. Jesus people, it?s a message board

preachermatt83
07-18-2018, 11:55 AM

Rep given

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2018, 12:20 PM
I've heard Brooks is fine. We'll see if that changes but right now he's fine.

Doggie_Style
07-18-2018, 12:50 PM

I think it is very informative to say "Wiltfong and others are now CB'ing Brooks to Arky" But saying we "may lose a commit" without providing context is not. It's not that hard.

Ari Gold
07-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Saying we are losing a commit , and a GUY on 24/7 crystal balls him elsewhere is totally different
He may end up in Fayetteville in the end but just because he got a crystal ball means very little
Hell if that’s the case OM gonna get everyone..

Bully13
07-18-2018, 01:16 PM

There is absolutely no reason other than wanting to be counter productive by posting this.

msbulldog
07-18-2018, 06:30 PM
If you watch 247 closely like I do you will see that predictors will flip often.

Goldendawg
07-18-2018, 07:32 PM
If you watch 247 closely like I do you will see that predictors will flip often.

I put very little faith in crystal ball predictions unless Ari, IYOK, and a few other of you guys concur. I have also noticed 24/7 still has Greg Knox as the lead recruiter on some of our targets so my trust factor is very low at times.

msu15
07-19-2018, 07:29 AM

Loser post

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-19-2018, 10:33 AM
I put very little faith in crystal ball predictions unless Ari, IYOK, and a few other of you guys concur. I have also noticed 24/7 still has Greg Knox as the lead recruiter on some of our targets so my trust factor is very low at times.

Back when I was a subscriber Paul said that he would often email admin's to correct the depth chart and other errors like that. Not sure why it still has Greg Knox...it's only been 7 MONTHS

Bothrops
07-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Well let's hope we hold on to Brooks. He's a very talented player.

Cooterpoot
07-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Cross picked up that new offer I was mentioning last week. You guessed it- Arkansas.

Bully13
07-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Cross picked up that new offer I was mentioning last week. You guessed it- Arkansas.

I'm beginning to think you may be Cross' agent.

Irondawg
07-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Still thing biggest potentially issue with Cross now is FSU. You do have to feel good about a staff that offered Cross before 3 other SEC teams and a powerhouse ACC team did. Speaks well of talent evaluation, even if he was in-state.

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Still thing biggest potentially issue with Cross now is FSU. You do have to feel good about a staff that offered Cross before 3 other SEC teams and a powerhouse ACC team did. Speaks well of talent evaluation, even if he was in-state.

Sure, but there is no reward for 2nd place

yjnkdawg
07-19-2018, 12:45 PM
What is the basis for this post......sheesh

Don't know. We heard the same thing from another poster concerning our 2018 class losing a recruit to ARK, and that player is currently on our team.

yjnkdawg
07-19-2018, 12:52 PM

You aren't going to win every recruiting battle, Even Nick Saban knows that.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-19-2018, 01:17 PM

The fact you can't win every single battle doesn't detract from the importance of talent evaluation. If we did a good job evaluating Cross, then it bodes well for our recruiting going forward, even if Cross himself doesn't sign

Turfdawg67
07-19-2018, 02:10 PM

I didn't guess it.

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2018, 03:22 PM
When is big dawg camp?

Turfdawg67
07-19-2018, 03:44 PM
When is big dawg camp?

Next week!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2018, 04:19 PM

I'm hoping these new offers make him decide to slow the process down. Give us more time to work on him. If not he'll be committed to FSU before the summer over.

Irondawg
07-19-2018, 04:57 PM
I'd feel better if Cross was coming to Big Dawg

preachermatt83
07-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Jarrian Jones wavering?

Cooterpoot
07-19-2018, 09:52 PM
Nope

Bully13
07-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Jarrian Jones wavering?

maybe now.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Jarrian Jones wavering?

No. Guys stay off Twitter & trying to read 16-17yr old kids minds.

BeardoMSU
07-19-2018, 10:18 PM

This^

I don't know how many times you and Ari are going to have to say it...

preachermatt83
07-19-2018, 11:27 PM

Didn't know it was from twitter, just had a friend text and ask me if I'd heard anything about him wavering. I said no but I would ask. Why jump to conclusions?

Johnson85
07-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Didn't know it was from twitter, just had a friend text and ask me if I'd heard anything about him wavering. I said no but I would ask. Why jump to conclusions?

Is it a bad sign for our baseball team that your avatar makes me want to punch you. Not sure how much your posts are influencing that impulse and how much is just the picture itself.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2018, 08:37 AM
I don't understand for a second why grown men follow recruits.

99.9% of what they say is BS anyway that means absolutely nothing.

msstate7
07-20-2018, 09:14 AM
Is it a bad sign for our baseball team that your avatar makes me want to punch you. Not sure how much your posts are influencing that impulse and how much is just the picture itself.

I thought you reserved these feelings for the political board haha

Bully13
07-20-2018, 09:14 AM

LOL Johnson. BTW, Is that a pic of Lemonis while still at Indiana? Trying to understand your hate.

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 10:24 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1lasnuCVsrja/giphy.gif

bostondawg
07-20-2018, 11:02 AM
KJ Jefferson (dual-threat QB from North Panola) adds his 4th star on 247.

Bully13
07-20-2018, 11:28 AM
KJ Jefferson (dual-threat QB from North Panola) adds his 4th star on 247.

Committed to UPIG?

Johnson85
07-20-2018, 11:48 AM
LOL Johnson. BTW, Is that a pic of Lemonis while still at Indiana? Trying to understand your hate.

I assume it's a pic of Lemonis just b/c it's a large guy wearing indiana gear on a baseball field getting interviewed. Don't know why it triggers me. The goofy hat? Maybe I hate fat people (but I liked Bert)? Maybe I hate Indiana and didn't know it? Maybe I just hate preachermatt83 and didn't realize it? Whatever it is, the impulse is strong.

Bully13
07-20-2018, 12:08 PM
I assume it's a pic of Lemonis just b/c it's a large guy wearing indiana gear on a baseball field getting interviewed. Don't know why it triggers me. The goofy hat? Maybe I hate fat people (but I liked Bert)? Maybe I hate Indiana and didn't know it? Maybe I just hate preachermatt83 and didn't realize it? Whatever it is, the impulse is strong.

This is indeed troublesome.

Hey Preach, would you consider changing your Lemonis Pic? Can you find one where he's in MSU gear? Just asking. thank you sir.

bostondawg
07-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Committed to UPIG?

Yep. Not sure I'd take him over Schrader but Arky is getting a good one.

Cooterpoot
07-20-2018, 12:28 PM
I'm not as impressed with Jefferson. I think he's really really raw. He's put together and athletic, but I'm not sold he'll be a great SEC QB.

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 01:00 PM

Ya worrying me Johnson!! I'm gonna change it and see if that helps any.

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Ok Johnson, test post.. is the impulse any less now?

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Alright ari, iyok, and others. I read the 247 article yesterday regarding our top 10 targets remaining. They said they were

Kaamar Bell
Ishmael Burdine
Charles cross
Nakobe dean
John emery
Derrick Hall
Jaquay Hubbard
Raydarrious Jones
Brandon turnage
Jonathan Mingo

First of all is this accurate... is this in fact our top 10 remaining targets? And if so.. what's our change percentage wise that you would give of us landing each? Thanks guys.

Johnson85
07-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Ok Johnson, test post.. is the impulse any less now?

Much better.

Doggie_Style
07-20-2018, 03:27 PM
It's interesting that since 2013 we've signed 10 guys who did not qualify and ended up at JUCO.....of those 10 only 2 ever made it to State, 3 if M. Richardson signs this year. So if you don't qualify you face long odds of making it to State...

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2018, 04:28 PM
It's interesting that since 2013 we've signed 10 guys who did not qualify and ended up at JUCO.....of those 10 only 2 ever made it to State, 3 if M. Richardson signs this year. So if you don't qualify you face long odds of making it to State...

I said this about Patterson and got roasted for it

Ari Gold
07-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Alright ari, iyok, and others. I read the 247 article yesterday regarding our top 10 targets remaining. They said they were

Kaamar Bell
Ishmael Burdine
Charles cross
Nakobe dean
John emery
Derrick Hall
Jaquay Hubbard
Raydarrious Jones
Brandon turnage
Jonathan Mingo

First of all is this accurate... is this in fact our top 10 remaining targets? And if so.. what's our change percentage wise that you would give of us landing each? Thanks guys.

That’s a list of the uncommitted prospects still have a handful of committed guys we are on Turnage , young, Black , handy ect ..
I will have a better break down for ya after BDC

msbulldog
07-20-2018, 05:46 PM

I like it better Pastor, I'd rather see MSU than IU. Rep Given.

msbulldog
07-20-2018, 05:47 PM

Bully13
07-20-2018, 07:19 PM
That’s a list of the uncommitted prospects still have a handful of committed guys we are on Turnage , young, Black , handy ect ..
I will have a better break down for ya after BD C

Greatly Appreciated Ari, look forward to it. . Than You Sir. And Thank You Preach for Posting both the 1st AND 2nd names.

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Good deal!!

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Thanks bud.

Okrastar1
07-23-2018, 09:38 AM

So Ari with our numbers do you even sign a guy like Ealy(Baseball) or Black(Academic) who you worry about never touching foot in Starkville being that the spots are so restricted now, and some of the glaring deficiencies the CC boys left us(OLine)? I’ll hang up and listen.

Big4Dawg
07-23-2018, 10:20 AM
So Emery to LSU now? I knew us getting a 5* RB out of LA was to good to be true. ****

civildawg
07-23-2018, 10:21 AM
LSU people are confident as of late it seems

Bully13
07-23-2018, 10:22 AM
So Emery to LSU now? I knew us getting a 5* RB out of LA was to good to be true. ****

Where's "Emery to LSU" coming from?

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Emery to LSU

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-23-2018, 10:25 AM
They are trying to keep him from coming to Big Dawg Camp...they know he will commit to State

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Just from the tweets, it looks like he's about to commit to LSU this week. Oh well, no RB this class.....lost one last class....better get back on our 2nd option (think I saw last week we were already, which should've been an indicator I guess).

Big4Dawg
07-23-2018, 10:31 AM
Where's "Emery to LSU" coming from?

Steve said it's turning south and should commit to LSU any day now

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:31 AM
They are trying to keep him from coming to Big Dawg Camp...they know he will commit to State

It appears it's over.

He had no interest in LSU, skipped their camp, but something must have recently happened. Extremely odd to me that everything that was wrong with LSU & right about MSU completely changed during a dead period.

Extremely odd

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Steve said it's turning south and should commit to LSU any day now

I wonder what happened though. He hasn't visited LSU & it's been the dead period.

Extremely odd that it would turn this quickly for no real reason

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-23-2018, 10:33 AM
If anyone can turn this around it is Charles Huff. Man, they must've recruited Emery hard during THE DEAD WEEK haha

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:35 AM
If anyone can turn this around it is Charles Huff. Man, they must've recruited Emery hard during THE DEAD WEEK haha

Maybe. What is Huff's track record of landing these recruits?

bostondawg
07-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Landing a 5* running back out of Louisiana would have probably been the biggest recruiting win in MSU history, right? Of course that was too good to be true. Here's hoping Huff can connect on a hail mary.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Landing a 5* running back out of Louisiana would have probably been the biggest recruiting win in MSU history, right? Of course that was too good to be true. Here's hoping Huff can connect on a hail mary.

I wouldn't count on it.

With half of the top Mississippi players looking to go out of state & Emery now lost, this class is sputtering & could be a huge missed opportunity.

Not to mention, we don't even know who will flip

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-23-2018, 10:46 AM
It's not over. Wait till he sees JoeMo's offense compared to Steve Ensminger's this fall. It's only July

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 10:47 AM
Losing Webb and not having a RB this next class is a pretty damn big hole in our recruiting.

bostondawg
07-23-2018, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

With half of the top Mississippi players looking to go out of state & Emery now lost, this class is sputtering & could be a huge missed opportunity.

Need Jarrian Jones to fix this.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Need Jarrian Jones to fix this.

We got big problems if we are relying on Jarrian Jones to recruit

bostondawg
07-23-2018, 10:50 AM
It's not over. Wait till he sees JoeMo's offense compared to Steve Ensminger's this fall. It's only July

I feel like when you're recruiting to MSU, it's all about early momentum. You want all of your high 4* kids in the boat early to try to keep that rolling to other commits. Hell, I wouldn't even mind the OM strategy of taking commitments from kids who aren't serious/aren't gonna qualify just to bolster the recruiting ranking. It's all about perception.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 10:51 AM

If the style or production of the offense had anything to do with it, he'd be committed to MSU.

I don't think that has the slightest thing to do with it

BeardoMSU
07-23-2018, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

Jeez... just replace your text with the 'sad tuba' sound from the price is right, why don't you...

msu15
07-23-2018, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

Lol

Bully13
07-23-2018, 11:00 AM
https://s33.postimg.cc/vhpkrfe0v/Tweet_Sky_is_Falling.jpg

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Losing Webb and not having a RB this next class is a pretty damn big hole in our recruiting.

We'll sign a RB this class.

TrapGame
07-23-2018, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

You need some Midol.

Captain Falcon
07-23-2018, 11:11 AM

It is July... We have five months until Signing Day. Calm down. We are going to sign at least one RB in this class, maybe two.

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

I have to more or less agree.....we definitely have some ice forming on our wings.....we are asking some very talented kids to commit to a program with a head coach with no experience as a DI head coach and it looks like some of them aren't buying it.....Moorhead is going to have to light it up this fall to show people that we are legit...

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 11:25 AM
It is July... We have five months until Signing Day. Calm down. We are going to sign at least one RB in this class, maybe two.

care to supply two names with your prediction? It looks to me like we'll have to flip someone.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Are there any 4 stars left on the board that we lead for?

Seems to me we are tapped out unless we change the momentum with some guys

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Are there any 4 stars left on the board that we lead for?

Seems to me we are tapped out unless we change the momentum with some guys

Eric Gray out of Memphis maybe.....but he's a Michigan commit

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 11:38 AM

That would mean we don't lead for him

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 11:39 AM

I was stating a fact. Nothing more. I'll be anxious to see who we jump on now. I know there's been contact with Gray.

KOdawg1
07-23-2018, 11:39 AM

He's who everyone thought we would get before all the Emery talk.. Ann Arbor is a longgg way from Memphis. Just saying

I don't think it's over with Emery, but he's a 5 star guy out of Louisiana.. LSU doesn't just let those go

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-23-2018, 11:43 AM
We'll sign a RB this class.

Got any names we've been on? Gray, Emery, and the Cali kid are all I've heard and they're all long shots now. who else is on the board?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Got any names we've been on? Gray, Emery, and the Cali kid are all I've heard and they're all long shots now. who else is on the board?

I wouldn't say they're long shots.

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 11:46 AM

big drop off if we don't get Emery or Gray....I think like Thompson out of Callaway....wow

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 11:49 AM
In checking around as best I can, looks like Gray is not so settled on Meechican.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 12:14 PM
big drop off if we don't get Emery or Gray....I think like Thompson out of Callaway....wow

We're not recruiting him.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 12:15 PM
In checking around as best I can, looks like Gray is not so settled on Meechican.

He's not at all. I also think this Emery to LSU talk is premature. We'll see but I don't see him committing this week.

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 12:16 PM
you mean we 'weren't' recruiting him....don't think we can afford to go two years without a RB

Ari Gold
07-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Holy shit .. everyone chill out a ****in second... there is some momentum to LSU right now just like there was to Uga a few weeks ago . I still like our chances . Emery may commit to LSU soon he may not .. it’s July
Let’s see what happens this weekend if he comes to TDC and even if he doesn’t it’s not over by a long shot

Rose bowl talks to a LSU Insider that gives him info and he runs with it... I bet the 24/7 board got a lot of clicks and views this morning ..,

msbulldog
07-23-2018, 12:25 PM
He's not at all. I also think this Emery to LSU talk is premature. We'll see but I don't see him committing this week.

I agree IYOK, been a lot of noise about Emery wanting to be the sole running back in a class and LSU has a 4 star commit Tyrion Davis and they are pursuing another highly regarded back.

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Get Gray or Emery and we're good.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 12:31 PM

Good for what?

Emery and Gray aren't close to same caliber of player.

Are we trying to get to Atlanta?

I'm all for Gray but let's not act like him and Emery are equals

Jarius
07-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Holy shit .. everyone chill out a ****in second... there is some momentum to LSU right now just like there was to Uga a few weeks ago . I still like our chances . Emery may commit to LSU soon he may not .. it?s July
Let?s see what happens this weekend if he comes to TDC and even if he doesn?t it?s not over by a long shot

Rose bowl talks to a LSU Insider that gives him info and he runs with it... I bet the 24/7 board got a lot of clicks and views this morning ..,

Rosebowl is talking to Emery's dad.

preachermatt83
07-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Rosebowl is talking to Emery's dad.

Correct

preachermatt83
07-23-2018, 12:43 PM
Good for what?

Emery is special but Gray is one heck of a backup plan though.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Emery is special but Gray is one heck of a backup plan though.

Yes, a backup plan

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Good for what?

Nobody is saying they're equal but you acting like Eric Gray isn't the same caliber of back as a Kylin Hill is just as big an overreaction. Kylin Hill is good enough to get MSU to Atlanta at RB & so is Eric Gray.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Yes, a backup plan

Isn't that what good recruiters do have quality backup plans? I can understand being disappointed if IF we lose out on Emery but to act like a kid who's rated the #1 All purpose RB in the country is trash you're bugging.

Irondawg
07-23-2018, 12:55 PM
Look even if Emery did commit to us I’m nervous until signing day. Even the big schools have guys flip last minute. We just need to hold what we have until the season starts and then produce on the field and let the rest take care of itself

Ari Gold
07-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Look even if Emery did commit to us I’m nervous until signing day. Even the big schools have guys flip last minute. We just need to hold what we have until the season starts and then produce on the field and let the rest take care of itself

There ya go ... let’s see what happens ..
did I think Emery would already be in the boat ? Yes
Did I think he would shut down his recruitment if he was ? No
Everyone relax a little..
This staff is head and shoulders above what we had here with CDM

99jc
07-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Yes, a backup plan

combined. Are you their illegitimate love child?

Pit Bull
07-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Steve Robertson reporting Emery will announce for the LSU Tigers in the next few days. Guess we need to activate that backup plan.

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Good for what?

He's freaking good. Gray is committed to Michigan. He's legit.

Captain Falcon
07-23-2018, 02:04 PM
If our “backup plan” is the number three all-purpose back in the country, we have come a really freaking long way as a program. If we end up signing Gray instead, that’s the best plan B we could possibly ask for.

Bothrops
07-23-2018, 02:14 PM

Gray is good, Emery is great.

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 02:26 PM
Gray is good, Emery is great.

Meh. Little difference. Not enough to moan and complain about. Remind me the last time we flipped Michigan commits. They're pretty damn few and far between.

Bothrops
07-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Meh. Little difference. Not enough to moan and complain about. Remind me the last time we flipped Michigan commits. They're pretty damn few and far between.

I'm all for wanting Gray. I suspect if we can work on him for a while, we can handle this. At the same time, it would take a lot of work and focus while leaving us in a vulnerable spot for one kid again, only closer to Feb.

Maybe, just maybe Emery will figure this out.

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm all for wanting Gray. I suspect if we can work on him for a while, we can handle this. At the same time, it would take a lot of work and focus while leaving us in a vulnerable spot for one kid again, only closer to Feb.

Maybe, just maybe Emery will figure this out.

We've been talking to him and he's been talking to us. Getting him to flip would in no way hurt us. I doubt we move until Emery does, but I prefer to have Gray available. I'm not going to ignore him because he's committed. That would be crazy. And honestly, we've held off on everybody because of Emery already. That should end if he commits somewhere.

Bully13
07-23-2018, 03:03 PM
LSU Nation is still punch drunk from losing Dak to us. They're prolly in freak out mode scared to lose another LA Great to MSU.

Turfdawg67
07-23-2018, 03:55 PM
Jeez... just replace your text with the 'sad tuba' sound from the price is right, why don't you...

No shit... this dude lives for bad recruiting news. Suddenly our class is crap... ha!

Turfdawg67
07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
I have to more or less agree.....we definitely have some ice forming on our wings.....we are asking some very talented kids to commit to a program with a head coach with no experience as a DI head coach and it looks like some of them aren't buying it.....Moorhead is going to have to light it up this fall to show people that we are legit...

Absolute shocker that you agree. **