PDA

View Full Version : EPL 2018 Thread

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Been a while since we've done one of these, so thought I'd start one.

City running away with the league, although they've looked somewhat mortal the last couple of weeks. ManU is the best of the pack fighting for spots 2-4. Chelski is in a really bad run of form. Liverpool are Liverpool - Up and down, not a lot of consistency. Sp*rs are Sp*rs, although they're getting healthy and could make a run. Arsenal looked really good against Everton after adding Mkhitaryan and Aubamayeng during the January transfer window. We'll know a lot more about them after the North London Derby over the weekend.

Leicester look like a lock for a Europa league spot. Watford looking a little better lately. And you always gotta keep an eye out for Burnley & Bournemouth. Newcastle is struggling after a hot start, but don't seem to be in relegation danger. Huddersfield is playing well and looks set to stay in the PL. Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, and Stoke are garbage. Going to be a tough slog to avoid relegation and a couple of "bigger" clubs will go down, I think.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Been a while since we've done one of these, so thought I'd start one.

City running away with the league, although they've looked somewhat mortal the last couple of weeks. ManU is the best of the pack fighting for spots 2-4. Chelski is in a really bad run of form. Liverpool are Liverpool - Up and down, not a lot of consistency. Sp*rs are Sp*rs, although they're getting healthy and could make a run. Arsenal looked really good against Everton after adding Mkhitaryan and Aubamayeng during the January transfer window. We'll know a lot more about them after the North London Derby over the weekend.

Leicester look like a lock for a Europa league spot. Watford looking a little better lately. And you always gotta keep an eye out for Burnley & Bournemouth. Newcastle is struggling after a hot start, but don't seem to be in relegation danger. Huddersfield is playing well and looks set to stay in the PL. Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, and Stoke are garbage. Going to be a tough slog to avoid relegation and a couple of "bigger" clubs will go down, I think.

I never see these threads because I never come to this board.

Newcastle has been steadily inching towards the relegation zone since about October and I think we finally fall into it this weekend. Whether we get out or not will pretty much be dependent on if Islam Slimani hits the ground running for us. He had decent stats at Leicester but was obviously never going to usurp Vardy in the starting role, so its hard to tell what we?re getting. There were talks about Mike Ashley finally selling the club and things were looking up from about September to November, then the takeover fell through and its back to the same old stuff. Rafa needed 2-3 good players to hopefully keep us up and wanted them by Jan 15 so they would be ready for crucial games against Burnley and Crystal Palace in late January...Ashley gets 2 players on loan, neither in time for the Burnley match, one in time for the CP match. Rafa is what?s keeping the Newcastle fans tame, I can?t imagine him staying after this season unless takeover talks pick back up, and once he?s gone Newcastle fans will be back to fulfilling all the negative stereotypes they?re known for.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Besides Newcastle, this season has been thoroughly entertaining. The difference between like 9th place and 19th place is only 7 points right now and was even tighter 2 weeks ago. Its one of the unique aspects of non-American sports that I?ve really come to appreciate: that the teams that aren?t competing for the title have just as much, if not more, to play for as the teams at the top of the table. If the EPL was set up like any American sports league, there would only be 6 teams playing for anything at all right now, and there would probably be 2-3 teams at the bottom of the table tanking on purpose.

War Machine Dawg
02-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I never see these threads because I never come to this board.

Newcastle has been steadily inching towards the relegation zone since about October and I think we finally fall into it this weekend. Whether we get out or not will pretty much be dependent on if Islam Slimani hits the ground running for us. He had decent stats at Leicester but was obviously never going to usurp Vardy in the starting role, so its hard to tell what we?re getting. There were talks about Mike Ashley finally selling the club and things were looking up from about September to November, then the takeover fell through and its back to the same old stuff. Rafa needed 2-3 good players to hopefully keep us up and wanted them by Jan 15 so they would be ready for crucial games against Burnley and Crystal Palace in late January...Ashley gets 2 players on loan, neither in time for the Burnley match, one in time for the CP match. Rafa is what?s keeping the Newcastle fans tame, I can?t imagine him staying after this season unless takeover talks pick back up, and once he?s gone Newcastle fans will be back to fulfilling all the negative stereotypes they?re known for.

It's a shame how poorly Newcastle is run. I empathize, as Hull has been in the same boat for a few years. The owners want to sell but are greedy and keep asking for more than anyone is reasonably willing to pay for the club and refuse to invest any further in it since they're selling. Now they're trying to avoid being relegated from the PL and the Championship in consecutive seasons. It's a shitty situation for everyone.

Sucks that you didn't land Sturridge. He'd have been a nice attacking upgrade for you. Hopefully you can stave off relegation, get the club sold, keep Rafa, and upgrade in the summer.

KOdawg1
02-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Chelsea has been a disappointment to say the least. Lots of rumors of Conte leaving

War Machine Dawg
02-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Chelsea has been a disappointment to say the least. Lots of rumors of Conte leaving

#WengerOut, #ConteIn

Seriously, I'd kill for Arsenal to hire Conte if Chelsea fires him. The dude is one hell of a coach. One of the elites in world football, imo. He'd solve so many of the problems Arsenal have right now. I just hope Chelsea is stupid enough to sack him. So he's pissed at the board for criticizing them for not supporting him in the transfer market? Get over it and let the dude do his job. He's earned some support considering he won the league and had a shot at the double in his first year in the EPL.

Seven hells, I'd do whatever it takes to bring him to Arsenal.

KOdawg1
03-02-2018, 12:34 PM
#WengerOut, #ConteIn

Seriously, I'd kill for Arsenal to hire Conte if Chelsea fires him. The dude is one hell of a coach. One of the elites in world football, imo. He'd solve so many of the problems Arsenal have right now. I just hope Chelsea is stupid enough to sack him. So he's pissed at the board for criticizing them for not supporting him in the transfer market? Get over it and let the dude do his job. He's earned some support considering he won the league and had a shot at the double in his first year in the EPL.

Seven hells, I'd do whatever it takes to bring him to Arsenal.

yup they'd be dumb to let him go. In other news, there's talk of Chelsea making a run at Christian Pulisic this summer. I think that would be freaking awesome. Need to fight off others for Hazard and Willian though

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2018, 02:36 PM
What little I have watched of EPL, I seemed to gravitate to Arsenal. Not sure if it is just purely because of the badass cannon on their logo or what but I have kept up with them a little more than the others. For someone who isn't a big soccer fan, what is the best EPL team to follow for an attacking style? I like to watch more of the fast break type rather than a team that is more defensive minded. Also what is the difference in how they coordinate their players? Is it similar to having more strikers instead of defenders is kind of like going 5 wide in football vs the I formation?

I have now went to my first soccer game when I went and watched Atlanta United. It is a great atmosphere and I had a blast. I would just like to learn more and I know MLS is kind of like watching A ball vs MLB level. EPL I know is a big step up.

War Machine Dawg
03-09-2018, 11:31 AM
What little I have watched of EPL, I seemed to gravitate to Arsenal. Not sure if it is just purely because of the badass cannon on their logo or what but I have kept up with them a little more than the others. For someone who isn't a big soccer fan, what is the best EPL team to follow for an attacking style? I like to watch more of the fast break type rather than a team that is more defensive minded. Also what is the difference in how they coordinate their players? Is it similar to having more strikers instead of defenders is kind of like going 5 wide in football vs the I formation?

I have now went to my first soccer game when I went and watched Atlanta United. It is a great atmosphere and I had a blast. I would just like to learn more and I know MLS is kind of like watching A ball vs MLB level. EPL I know is a big step up.

It just depends on what you want, honestly. Managers change so much now that no team tends to keep a style for very long. Right now the best pure attacking teams in the EPL are Man City and Liverpool. Chelsea and Man U are more defensive oriented right now. The Sp*rs are somewhere in the middle, a good balance. Arsenal is a ****ing mess and will be until Wenger goes. Man City now is what Arsenal used to be 10-20 years ago. If you like Atlanta United (I do too!), then I'd recommend following City or Liverpool. City might have the best team in the history of the EPL right now, which pains me to say as an Arsenal fan.

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2018, 12:29 PM

What you described is Liverpool.

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2018, 12:30 PM
It just depends on what you want, honestly. Managers change so much now that no team tends to keep a style for very long. Right now the best pure attacking teams in the EPL are Man City and Liverpool. Chelsea and Man U are more defensive oriented right now. The Sp*rs are somewhere in the middle, a good balance. Arsenal is a ****ing mess and will be until Wenger goes. Man City now is what Arsenal used to be 10-20 years ago. If you like Atlanta United (I do too!), then I'd recommend following City or Liverpool. City might have the best team in the history of the EPL right now, which pains me to say as an Arsenal fan.

Best single year team in the EPL era (only goes back to the early 90s) were the Untouchables of Arsenal. That isn't debatable. They did not lose a game.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Well that sucked.

Liverpooldawg
03-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Wow, the scenes at West Ham. They hate their ground and this has been brewing for a while.

Liverpooldawg
03-18-2018, 12:21 AM
FOUR for the King of Egypt on the snowey Fields of Anfield Road today. If we can keep him, and I like what I'm hearing on that front, the future is bright.

DudyDawg
03-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Best single year team in the EPL era (only goes back to the early 90s) were the Untouchables of Arsenal. That isn't debatable. They did not lose a game.

This city team is, and will finish, better. They will break every record arsenal set. One loss doesn?t change that.

War Machine Dawg
03-19-2018, 02:41 PM
This city team is, and will finish, better. They will break every record arsenal set. One loss doesn?t change that.

I may be an Arsenal fan, but I'm man enough to admit this City team is better than Wenger's Invincibles. I think it'd be one hell of a match if they played, but City probably just edges the Invincibles. They're deeper than the Arsenal unbeaten squad, although I think the Invincibles would have the edge in physicality. Probably comes down to the managers, Wenger in his prime & Pep in his.

Liverpooldawg
03-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Except they lost a league game. THAT record is beyond them. Oh, and Arsenal did it without a megarich sugar daddy playing with his toys either.

DudyDawg
03-24-2018, 07:43 AM
Except they lost a league game. THAT record is beyond them. Oh, and Arsenal did it without a megarich sugar daddy playing with his toys either.

This City team is better than that arsenal team.

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2018, 11:33 AM
This City team is better than that arsenal team.

But they lost a game.

DudyDawg
03-25-2018, 10:07 AM
But they lost a game.
That doesn?t change a thing

Liverpooldawg
03-25-2018, 11:15 AM
That doesn?t change a thing

Yes it does.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 05:07 AM
Yes it does.

If city beat Everton Sunday they will be the first team to beat every team in the league since 1892.

Liverpooldawg
03-26-2018, 11:18 AM
If city beat Everton Sunday they will be the first team to beat every team in the league since 1892.

But they still lost a game.

DudyDawg
03-26-2018, 03:51 PM

And City have played 8 less games and won the same amount as the Invincibles (not ?untouchables? BTW just to show you don?t know what you speak of), scored more goals, conceded less, and drawn 3 when arsenal drew 12. Youre wrong flat out but I?m not going to argue anymore. Check the table and statistics. This is a far better team. Agree to disagree w people like you who ignore facts in the face of overwhelming evidence

Dawg61
03-26-2018, 06:26 PM

Isn't City way ahead of that Arsenal team points wise? Best round ever in golf can still have a bogey on the scorecard.

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2018, 11:40 AM
And City have played 8 less games and won the same amount as the Invincibles (not ?untouchables? BTW just to show you don?t know what you speak of), scored more goals, conceded less, and drawn 3 when arsenal drew 12. Youre wrong flat out but I?m not going to argue anymore. Check the table and statistics. This is a far better team. Agree to disagree w people like you who ignore facts in the face of overwhelming evidence
You have a point, I know the statistics......but they still lost a game, and that Arsenal team didn't. You keep ignoring that fact just like I'm ignoring yours.

They were referred too as both (Invincibles/Untouchables) at the time I believe.

I don't have a dog in that hunt other than I detest City, for the same reason I detest Chelski.

Liverpooldawg
04-04-2018, 05:51 PM
YNWA. Yes, I'll take that. Lots of work to do on the second leg though. One goal there would be immense.

Liverpooldawg
04-06-2018, 11:32 PM
YNWA. Yes, I'll take that. Lots of work to do on the second leg though. One goal there would be immense.

Oh, the Power of Anfield is still intact. Whatever happens in Manchester Tuesday that night is legend, a legend among many though. It wasn't a singular occurrence. Anfield under the lights in Europe puts Tiger stadium or any other "Death Valley" to shame, Alezz!

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 01:08 PM
This Manchester Derby is something else. Much better than the snoozer in the Merseyside version this morning. Mission accomplished for Liverpool though; a needed point, nobody hurt, and some key men were rested a bit.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Make that two losses for the "greatest team ever" (sic).

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2018, 06:20 PM
I see Liver is talking to himself. Solid win for Arsenal this morning. Got chippy the last 20 minutes with each team having a player sent off. Momentum maintained, some players rested, and Reiss Nelson finally got some EPL action. 60 minute debut from the kid.

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 02:35 PM
I see Liver is talking to himself. Solid win for Arsenal this morning. Got chippy the last 20 minutes with each team having a player sent off. Momentum maintained, some players rested, and Reiss Nelson finally got some EPL action. 60 minute debut from the kid.

Not really, you at least looked. ;)

We are never going to survive this. 1-0 to City @ half. How it's only 1-0 I have no idea. It's been all City except for one good chance at the stroke of halftime. Unless we poach a road goal, City will overturn it.

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Got it! 1-1. Wh have a shot now!

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 03:26 PM
2-1 LIVERPOOL. 84th minute. At the moment Roma are up on Barca by the away goals rule.

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 03:31 PM
We’ve conquered all of Europe
We’re never gonna stop
From Paris down to Turkey
We’ve won the 17ing lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly
The Fields of Anfield Road
We are loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool
Allez Allez Allez

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 03:34 PM
1-2 on the night. 1-5 on aggregate. YNWA!

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Roma just knocked out Barca.

I don't follow Italian football much, but Roma is my favorite if I have one there.

DudyDawg
04-10-2018, 06:58 PM
I?m a Real fan and live in England right now. I was watching the reds/city game and saw it was two nil Roma. Pulled that one up on my phone since i couldn?t change the Liverpool game here and almost creamed my pants when roma got the third. About time barca got a taste of their own medicine and UEFA didn?t hand them the semis like against PSG. Hell of a game by Roma.

As an aside, i went to the Real/Atl?tico Madrid game at the bernabeu on Sunday. It was absolutely euphoric and an amazing experience. I have friends who are Liverpool fans so I hope Real don?t draw them so we don?t have to knock them out, but if we don?t win it I hope they do.

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 07:23 PM
I?m a Real fan and live in England right now. I was watching the reds/city game and saw it was two nil Roma. Pulled that one up on my phone since i couldn?t change the Liverpool game here and almost creamed my pants when roma got the third. About time barca got a taste of their own medicine and UEFA didn?t hand them the semis like against PSG. Hell of a game by Roma.

As an aside, i went to the Real/Atl?tico Madrid game at the bernabeu on Sunday. It was absolutely euphoric and an amazing experience. I have friends who are Liverpool fans so I hope Real don?t draw them so we don?t have to knock them out, but if we don?t win it I hope they do.

Awesome game to go to! I've only been to one game over there, Newport County at Southend United in the League Cup back in August. We were in London and I had had someone tell me once that Roots Hall was a classic English football experience, a throwback of sorts. We loved it (even though the home side lost and the ground was only half full) I'd love to go to a EPL game.

DudyDawg
04-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Loved it. I went to spurs/arsenal at wembley a couple months ago as well. Highest attendance ever for the premier league. That was great as well. But the quality was no where near this weekend in Madrid. Cool thing was as well, both stadiums are around the same amount (about 10,000 more at wembley) and I had almost the exact same seat, but at wembley it felt like I was miles from the pitch. In Madrid, the tiers are so steep that sitting in the corner in the 3rd tier, you can?t see the corner flag bc it?s almost literally underneath you. It was unreal. A true cathedral of the sport.

Liverpooldawg
04-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Roma vs Liverpool, Bayren Munuch vs Real Madrid.

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Arsenal drew Atletico in the Europa League semis. Kinda hoping we'd avoid them until the finals, assuming we actually get that far. But might as well play them now, honestly. With our shoddy away form and D, getting them for one leg at The Emirates is an advantage.

Still hoping by some miracle we can win Europa AND get rid of Wenger, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm fully prepared to be pissed when we get embarrassed by Atletico and Wenger stays another year while we fall further behind the other members of the Top 6. How do I always pick teams with shitty ownership?

Liverpooldawg
04-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Wolves promoted.

DudyDawg
04-14-2018, 07:38 PM
I will eat my own dick if arsenal advance against Atleti.

DudyDawg
04-14-2018, 07:44 PM
As for the champs league..... not scared of Bayern. They are easily the second best team on paper in it behind Real, but we?ve really dominated them recently and assuming full health I expect to meet Liverpool in the final. But they are dangerous and at this level of football, anything can happen.

I find the English press and PL bias funny. I understand ppl backing the reds to knock out roma, but they are barely behind Real in the odds to win it. Other than Salah, not a single Liverpool player would make the first 11 for Real or Bayern. So I think the obsession is crazy and has so much to do w the media wanting an English finalist/champion, for obvious reasons. But, if Real can?t do the unthinkable in this era and win 3 in a row, I?m behind the reds.

Liverpooldawg
04-14-2018, 11:01 PM
As for the champs league..... not scared of Bayern. They are easily the second best team on paper in it behind Real, but we?ve really dominated them recently and assuming full health I expect to meet Liverpool in the final. But they are dangerous and at this level of football, anything can happen.

I find the English press and PL bias funny. I understand ppl backing the reds to knock out roma, but they are barely behind Real in the odds to win it. Other than Salah, not a single Liverpool player would make the first 11 for Real or Bayern. So I think the obsession is crazy and has so much to do w the media wanting an English finalist/champion, for obvious reasons. But, if Real can?t do the unthinkable in this era and win 3 in a row, I?m behind the reds.

Liverpool is better than you think, and Madrid is as far back as we are in their league. The Reds have surprised me, and I'm an admitted total homer where they are concerned. Since the acquisition of Van Dyke. (Spelling?) they have reached another level. Be glad Real doesn't have to face them at Anfield. Anfield in Europe is something special. I still think we are a year or two away, but a cup run isn't beyond us, especially in Europe.

DudyDawg
04-15-2018, 06:50 AM
Liverpool is better than you think, and Madrid is as far back as we are in their league. The Reds have surprised me, and I'm an admitted total homer where they are concerned. Since the acquisition of Van Dyke. (Spelling?) they have reached another level. Be glad Real doesn't have to face them at Anfield. Anfield in Europe is something special. I still think we are a year or two away, but a cup run isn't beyond us, especially in Europe.

Don?t get me wrong. Liverpool can absolutely win it. But them almost being favored before the draw even happened was insane. The point stands about only Salah getting into the best XI for Bayern/Real. But that doesn?t mean they can?t win and the game isn?t played on paper.

As far as Anfiel goes, its special yes but nothing Real Madrid would be afraid of. I would?ve rather drawn Liverpool in the semis than final bc I think depth and quality rises to the top over two legs moreso than a one off. And I would like to see us in Anfield again. Worked out well in the group stage a few years ago. All that being said, Roma and Bayern could very well both progress to the final. Going to be very interesting.

BrunswickDawg
04-20-2018, 07:33 AM
Rejoice Arsenal fan - Wenger out at the end of the season.

Liverpooldawg
05-02-2018, 06:17 PM
YNWA! On to Kiev!

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Stoke relegated.

Liverpooldawg
05-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Cardiff City promoted.

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2018, 06:23 PM
West Brom and Swansea relegated. Tottenham assured of a Top 4 finish. If Liverpool get a point Sunday so are they. Chelski have to win and hope Liverpool lose.

DudyDawg
05-10-2018, 01:54 PM
And city set the record for points..... and goals..... and wins

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2018, 05:55 PM
And city set the record for points..... and goals..... and wins

But didn't make the Semis of the Champion's League. :p

DudyDawg
05-10-2018, 08:19 PM
But didn't make the Semis of the Champion's League. :p

For that I commend you. But I wish you no luck whatsoever a week from Saturday ;)

Liverpooldawg
05-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Liverpool will be in the UCL next year, Chelski won't. ;)

Liverpooldawg
05-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Promotion playoff final: Fulham vs Aston Villa.

War Machine Dawg
05-17-2018, 11:17 AM
I swear Arsenal is going to wind up hiring Arteta. It might be a great hire, but I think it's 1000 times more likely he's a flop. But if we make that move, I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Still think we should go all in on Allegri.

DudyDawg
05-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Luis Enrique would be a better choice. Could continue and grow the possessive attacking style Wenger instilled.

War Machine Dawg
05-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Luis Enrique would be a better choice. Could continue and grow the possessive attacking style Wenger instilled.

Enrique never excited me. I feel like all his success came with the best attack money could buy. It's not real hard to win with MSN. Plus he wanted Wenger money and a ?200M transfer budget. No way Silent Stan Kroenke was hiring someone like that. Plus apparently Sanllehi said he was difficult to work with.

What Arsenal needs is someone to solidify the D. I think Allegri is more than capable of that and still playing good attacking football. Piss on style anyway, just win.

It's all a moot point, though. Looks like Arteta will be announced as "head coach" sometime next week. Time for the ol' puke and rally.

DudyDawg
05-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Unai emery would be a good fit for what you?re asking then. Don?t see allegri going to arsenal and don?t like the arteta hire because of the lack of experience

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2018, 08:03 PM
Well, that came out of nowhere. Unai Emery to be the new Arsenal coach. Mixed emotions on this one. Seems like he crashed and burned at PSG because Neymar is an egomaniac who destabilized what Emery was trying to do. But I'm not sure he's the guy to come in and change the comfort mentality that's set in at Arsenal, either. Sucks for Arteta, seems like Gazidis & Co got cold feet at the last second out of fear over fan reaction. Either you believe in your candidate or you don't. Pulling out over something like that is ridiculous.

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Well, that came out of nowhere. Unai Emery to be the new Arsenal coach. Mixed emotions on this one. Seems like he crashed and burned at PSG because Neymar is an egomaniac who destabilized what Emery was trying to do. But I'm not sure he's the guy to come in and change the comfort mentality that's set in at Arsenal, either. Sucks for Arteta, seems like Gazidis & Co got cold feet at the last second out of fear over fan reaction. Either you believe in your candidate or you don't. Pulling out over something like that is ridiculous.

He won't be able to just go out and buy a championship like he did at PSG. Arsenal have a LOT of money, but it takes more to buy a title in England. Man City are the only English club that can do that at the moment, and it's not easy even for them.

DudyDawg
05-22-2018, 12:59 PM
He won't be able to just go out and buy a championship like he did at PSG. Arsenal have a LOT of money, but it takes more to buy a title in England. Man City are the only English club that can do that at the moment, and it's not easy even for them.

It was pretty damn easy this year for city.

As for emery, he will stabilize the team and hold people accountable. He?s a really good coach and has had good success in a young career. I think it?s a good hire but not a homerun. Definitely better than an unknown arteta.

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2018, 01:14 PM

As for emery, he will stabilize the team and hold people accountable. He?s a really good coach and has had good success in a young career. I think it?s a good hire but not a homerun. Definitely better than an unknown arteta.

If it was easy they would have won it last year as well.

War Machine Dawg
05-22-2018, 08:07 PM

After doing a lot of reading the last 24 hours, I agree, Dudy. Known for meticulous preparation, developing players, and being a disciplinarian. Sounds like a perfect fit for what we need. Especially with a stingy ownership that won't spend enough money.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Fulham up 1-0 on Aston Villa @ half.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 12:56 PM
10 man Fulham hang on, Fulham 1 Aston Villa 0. Fulham promoted.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Dirty play took Sallah out. Absolutely deliberate. Ramos is a pure thug.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 02:27 PM
That is how you break a collarbone. It was deliberate and well executed. Pure scum.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 02:58 PM
What was our keeper doing? Holy crap. That being said he was offside to begin with.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:01 PM
mANE!

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Just have to clap. What a goal for Bale.

TheRef
05-26-2018, 03:14 PM
RELIVE IT IN ALL OF ITS GLORY

https://twitter.com/FutbolBible/status/1000469177226924034

TheRef
05-26-2018, 03:15 PM
This game is so much fun. SO MUCH FUN

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:29 PM
We fought hard with a depleted squad but Ramos won it when he took Mo out. Any real chance we had went with him. Karious didn't help our cause. We need a keeper. Without those two blunders ........ nah. No Mo. YNWA!

TheRef
05-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Oh no...not like this Liverpool. Not like this.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:36 PM
This game is so much fun. SO MUCH FUN

No fun at all. Ramos should play for Ole Miss. I would advise him never to take an Egyptian vacation.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Oh no...not like this Liverpool. Not like this.

Like what exactly? I'm not the only one saying it. Ramos deliberately took Mo out.

TheRef
05-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Like what exactly? I'm not the only one saying it. Ramos deliberately took Mo out.

What Ramos did was shitty. I was moreso referring to Karius

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 03:43 PM
What Ramos did was shitty. I was moreso referring to Karius

Sorry I misunderstood. He had two howlers. I think that probabaly ends the debate about whether we need a new keeper. You can't do what he did on that stage. Other than that I thought we played well. When Mo was still in we looked very good.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Today was my third European Cup Final as a Red. It's a cool competition, I've seen them win one and lose two. Since I've been a Red I've seen them win every competition they are ever eligible for but one. Today hurt........but I want THE title, the only one that really matters.

Liverpooldawg
05-26-2018, 10:23 PM
I'll state it again....if the info on Mo coming from Liverpool is correct Ramos better not ever set foot in Egypt. Islamic fanaticism is NOTHING compared to the Egyptian Ultras. There is NO doubt what he did was deliberate,

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Interesting news over the last few days on Real Madrid's hitman. The move he put on Mo is a banned Judo move.....seriously. Now it emerges that he gave the Liverpool keeper a concussion just before the first goal.

DudyDawg
06-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Good lord do you realize how stupid you sound. He did a judo move? At full sprint? While making a tackle and winning the ball w his left foot? He would literally be a judo master if he grabbed Salahs right arm and intentionally hurt his left shoulder. Oh, and Salah grabbed his arm first. Ramos won the ball and brought Salah down. It is unfortunate Salah was injured, but it was far from malicious. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jtnnuv&s=9#.WxbsFxZOmEc

As for Karius, it?s hard to tell. There is only one grainy video from 70 yards away. It appears VVD shoved Ramos in the back on his run, as he was falling, he hit Karius. No way to tell, from that angle, anything conclusive regarding intent so I have no judgement on that.

I understand your a Liverpool fan so you?ll never change your opinion, but look at how ridiculous you sound right now.

In more important news, Zidane stepped down unexpectedly. No idea who will be the next Real coach, rumors from Pochettino to Wenger and all over in between. We will see.

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2018, 08:53 PM
I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I'm convinced Ramos intentionally tried to injure Salah. The dude is a dirty SOB and has been for his entire career. Now I agree with Dudy that he didn't use any judo move. That's crazy talk. But the dude has a rep for being a bastard.

As for Karius, who knows? All that really matters is that he was concussed and it probably had an effect on the game. I think Real probably still wins, but the way Liverpool, specifically Karius, completely melted down sucked.

I'd love to see Wenger get the Real job. I think he'd be a good fit and it would take a lot of pressure off him to be able to just focus on coaching. Use them to go get that European trophy missing from his CV. #WengerIn for Real. :)

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Double post. Shitty wifi. Ugh.

DudyDawg
06-05-2018, 10:22 PM
I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I'm convinced Ramos intentionally tried to injure Salah. The dude is a dirty SOB and has been for his entire career. Now I agree with Dudy that he didn't use any judo move. That's crazy talk. But the dude has a rep for being a bastard.

As for Karius, who knows? All that really matters is that he was concussed and it probably had an effect on the game. I think Real probably still wins, but the way Liverpool, specifically Karius, completely melted down sucked.

I'd love to see Wenger get the Real job. I think he'd be a good fit and it would take a lot of pressure off him to be able to just focus on coaching. Use them to go get that European trophy missing from his CV. #WengerIn for Real. :)

Haha. I don?t want Wenger. I want either Pochettino, or Guti out or the top names so far.

For Ramos, he is fiery and does cross the line sometimes. And I do think he meant to be physical w Salah and maybe even bring him down. Defenders are taught, from day 1, the ball or the man can beat you. Not both. Defenders bring down forwards countless times a game, but I think it?s a bit irrational to think he?s good enough to bring down Salah by pinning his right arm in an attempt to hurt his left. Just seems a bit silly. But I won?t argue anymore. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on that stuff. And arguing won?t change any I suppose

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Good lord do you realize how stupid you sound. He did a judo move? At full sprint? While making a tackle and winning the ball w his left foot? He would literally be a judo master if he grabbed Salahs right arm and intentionally hurt his left shoulder. Oh, and Salah grabbed his arm first. Ramos won the ball and brought Salah down. It is unfortunate Salah was injured, but it was far from malicious. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jtnnuv&s=9#.WxbsFxZOmEc

As for Karius, it?s hard to tell. There is only one grainy video from 70 yards away. It appears VVD shoved Ramos in the back on his run, as he was falling, he hit Karius. No way to tell, from that angle, anything conclusive regarding intent so I have no judgement on that.

I understand your a Liverpool fan so you?ll never change your opinion, but look at how ridiculous you sound right now.

In more important news, Zidane stepped down unexpectedly. No idea who will be the next Real coach, rumors from Pochettino to Wenger and all over in between. We will see.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/european-judo-union-mma-analyst-criticise-sergio-ramos-illegal-takedown-mo-salah

https://twitter.com/europeanjudo/status/1000741984590553088

I wasn't making it up. That Twitter is from the verified official account of the European Judo Union. Read the comments as to why its the right arm and the left shoulder. That's the whole point of what he did... and why it's banned. Go argue with them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-goalkeeper-loris-karius-12646783

I wasn't making it up about the keeper either. Read the physician statement. Now if you want to argue with a Mass General neurologist then have at it. I'm sure his number is obtainable through Mass General.

Now who is stupid? It's not me. I'm just going by what the experts have said. Are you an expert in both fields? If not do you know how ridiculous you sound now? You won't change because you are a Real fan. You will defend Ramous despite the overwhelming evidence given by experts, just like UM did with the dudes that took out Fitz.

DudyDawg
06-06-2018, 01:00 PM
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/european-judo-union-mma-analyst-criticise-sergio-ramos-illegal-takedown-mo-salah

https://twitter.com/europeanjudo/status/1000741984590553088

I wasn't making it up. That Twitter is from the verified official account of the European Judo Union. Read the comments as to why its the right arm and the left shoulder. That's the whole point of what he did... and why it's banned. Go argue with them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-goalkeeper-loris-karius-12646783

I wasn't making it up about the keeper either. Read the physician statement. Now if you want to argue with a Mass General neurologist then have at it. I'm sure his number is obtainable through Mass General.

Now who is stupid? It's not me. I'm just going by what the experts have said. Are you an expert in both fields? If not do you know how ridiculous you sound now? You won't change because you are a Real fan. You will defend Ramous despite the overwhelming evidence given by experts, just like UM did with the dudes that took out Fitz.

I never once said Karius wasn?t concussed.