PDA

View Full Version : Unlike some members of this board...

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2018, 11:12 AM
I can admit when I'm wrong. And guys, I was flat wrong about this basketball team and Howland. They look like a lock to make a postseason tournament, whether that's the Big Dance or the NIT. Obviously a lot can still change with 7 games left, but the way we're playing gives me the confidence to say we're going to play into March. My hat is off to Howland for coaching 'em up over the course of the season and to the players for busting their butts and listening.

msugolf
02-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Throw me in the boat with ya!

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
https://i.giphy.com/media/vW4CAqsDRM0RW/giphy.webp

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2018, 11:49 AM
I will say a lot of our guys were young at the start of the season and as they have gotten experience, we have gotten better. We really missed IJ being that coach on the floor to begin with and now the guys are settling down. I think we would hold onto those leads we lost at the beginning of the year if we were in the same situation now. We have a lot more confidence.

RougeDawg
02-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Not sure you are wrong about anything, the team we see playing now does not resemble the team we saw playing at Cincy or the first few weeks in conference. No one has disputed the talent we signed on paper. Everyone was tryin got figure out why our paper tiger talent was not translating to on field success.

Calling a spade a spade is not being wrong. We weren?t playing well In Early January. we didn?t know how to finish and win. Had we continued the same path and not progressed throughout the season we would still all be sitting here head scratching. No one can really predict a team gelling or not. Most of us hoped for the best and hoped the perceived talent would translate into positive results but that is impossible to predict.

The previous 6-7 years of B-ball had most people hesitant to get their hopes up and that?s human nature. I think the attendance is a prime example of that mindset across the fan base. The product we?ve put on the court the last 2-3 weeks has begun changing those mindsets and trajectory of the program. The program wasn?t run into the ground over night and it won?t be brought back overnight either. The wasted Rick Ray years were faint attempts to relight the burnt out dumpster.

shannondawg
02-08-2018, 08:54 AM
I would give credit to Howland, he said on the postgame radio interview, that its the first time he hasn't put defense first, has started putting Offense first. It's almost like night and day, it has completely has turned this team around.

I won't say what I was thinking before the turn around.

NYDawg
02-08-2018, 08:54 AM
As painful as some of the early season was, it?s good to finally see a team that improved as we moved into February. That?s been a very long time coming.

parabrave
02-08-2018, 11:33 AM
This is a different team from the one we saw earlier in the season really up to the OM game. In the last 5 games they have started playing team ball with a semblance of an offense gameplan instead of just jacking up 3s and hoping they go in/ We have gone from shooting over 55% of our shot selection being threes to 30%. The spoons are taking it to the basket more. LP is now getting the ball to his playmakers and Ado has been much improved on the offense side. We still need to tone down on the tunrovers and to improve our 3 pt percentage because it still sucks.