PDA

View Full Version : I feel vindicated for pumping sunshine since the Nebraska loss...

MCsMGs
02-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Hail State and welcome aboard!

PS If I'm being an a$$, chalk it up to game thread emotion! I didn't take any shots in there...

chef dixon
02-06-2018, 10:06 PM
You must have just seen that halftime report where they said Nebraska is NCAA tournament bound

MCsMGs
02-06-2018, 10:22 PM
You must have just seen that halftime report where they said Nebraska is NCAA tournament bound

No, I didn't. Did they show it on the scoreboard in the Hump?

I was in the Hump for that game against Nebraska and tried to convince a bunch of guys on this board Nebraska was not a "shitty" team, but the melt ensued and continued...

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Just for the record they were 17-8 going into tonight. I looked it up because I haven't kept up with basketball much outside the SEC in years. I think that's about to change!

Coach34
02-07-2018, 12:09 AM
wtf are you guys talking about? We havent played Nebraska. What am I missing?

MarketingBully
02-07-2018, 12:12 AM

It was idiots that were saying “Aw, we suck again” because we got beat in an exhibition game without playing Ado.

MarketingBully
02-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Just for the record they were 17-8 going into tonight. I looked it up because I haven't kept up with basketball much outside the SEC in years. I think that's about to change!

Just please never say again we don’t have talent. It just makes you look like you don’t know what you are talking about even though I think you do have basketball knowledge. Our problems this year have always been because our players didn’t buy in and hadn’t accepted their roles. It’s never been a talent issue. Now we are accepting our roles, buying in, and playing for each other and we have drive and want to win. That’s the sign of a great team. I think the rest of this year should be a lot of fun and there’s no reason we can’t have 10.5 k at the Hump for the Ole Miss game.

Quaoarsking
02-07-2018, 12:27 AM

Sure we did: http://hailstate.com/news/2017/10/22/mens-basketball-nebraska-holds-off-msu-for-exhibition-win.aspx

Exhibition game, and Howland and our team may have approached it differently than they would had it been a game that counted.

MarketingBully
02-07-2018, 12:31 AM
Sure we did: http://hailstate.com/news/2017/10/22/mens-basketball-nebraska-holds-off-msu-for-exhibition-win.aspx

Exhibition game, and Howland and our team may have approached it differently than they would had it been a game that counted.

That’s exactly correct and it was for charity and we played it without our best post player....

MCsMGs
02-07-2018, 01:07 AM

I can't believe you missed the meltdown here about how much we sucked because we lost to a "shitty" Nebraska team. The naysayers latched onto it and brought it up in numerous basketball threads.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 01:35 AM
Hail State and welcome aboard!

PS If I'm being an a$$, chalk it up to game thread emotion! I didn't take any shots in there...

You aren't being an ass. You deserve to gloat as you haven't wavered one bit on the team all year. I'm just grateful you of all the posters are the one that gets to gloat here.

MarketingBully
02-07-2018, 01:56 AM
You aren't being an ass. You deserve to gloat as you haven't wavered one bit on the team all year. I'm just grateful you of all the posters are the one that gets to gloat here.

I give Msstate7 shit sometimes for being too negative but at least he understands we are talented and he has been very positive as well while we have straightened out the issues every young team has to go through that have no seniors. This turnaround has been when and not if IMO. It was always predecated on our players listening to Howland, buying in, and accepting their roles on the team. Now that we have a taste of winning in this four game winning streak it just reinforces to the kids Howland knows what he was talking about and keeps us working harder. Going to be a fun rest of the year and I think from here on out we will be a tough out home or away.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Yes we have. LOL.