PDA

View Full Version : Gut punch to the Stands Cult

Coach34
02-06-2018, 09:18 PM
1st time since 2008 we have won 4 SEC games in a row- in the best SEC its been in 15 years

civildawg
02-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Please do not feed the troll guys. Just ignore him and he will go away

DogsofAnarchy
02-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Just like I said in an earlier thread. This team is young and they are getting better. Just don’t put the pressure on them to do the impossible. Let them grow and get better and they are going to make us proud!!

Dawgface
02-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Stans will always be the best. :)

Todd4State
02-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Just like I said in an earlier thread. This team is young and they are getting better. Just don’t put the pressure on them to do the impossible. Let them grow and get better and they are going to make us proud!!

All I'm asking for is for them to beat Ole Miss in Starkville and make the NIT. If they make the NCAA- even better. They're well on their way to that.

Dawg61
02-06-2018, 09:49 PM
We are so close to the NCAA's now that is all I want. 5 more wins before selection Sunday should do it but we'll be a nervous wreck that day. 6 will put us safely in I think. This includes SECT wins.

msstate7
02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
We are so close to the NCAA's now that is all I want. 5 more wins before selection Sunday should do it but we'll be a nervous wreck that day. 6 will put us safely in I think. This includes SECT wins.

Really need South Carolina to stop losing. They are our only road win

shoeless joe
02-06-2018, 09:54 PM
I like and appreciate everything stans did for us...def not a hater...but were there actually folks that think/thought he's a better coach than howland?!?!?!

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 10:02 PM
I like and appreciate everything stans did for us...def not a hater...but were there actually folks that think/thought he's a better coach than howland?!?!?!

I'm a thinking there were. Even though the game has passed him by, I'm a thinking Howland may still have a rabbit or 2 up his sleeve ****

DogsofAnarchy
02-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Ben Howland is the best coach we have had in 50 years if we would just let the man have time. It is beyond time to get behind this team and support them!!!

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Please do not feed the troll guys. Just ignore him and he will go away

Can't be said enough.
We have a good team finally. Let's all embrace that.

Great win tonight.

SDDawg
02-06-2018, 10:16 PM
1st time since 2008 we have won 4 SEC games in a row- in the best SEC its been in 15 years

Work 'em over.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2018, 10:17 PM
The potential is there. He has an amazing history and it's finally looking to show in the results. Who knows what this team can do... Could they get on fire in the sec tournament? We will see. Either way. The goal of post season is happening and very possibly a ncaa bid. That's nothing to sneeze at with this young team.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2018, 10:35 PM
The potential is there. He has an amazing history and it's finally looking to show in the results. Who knows what this team can do... Could they get on fire in the sec tournament? We will see. Either way. The goal of post season is happening and very possibly a ncaa bid. That's nothing to sneeze at with this young team.

And there is more talent coming in next year....

tcdog70
02-06-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm a Stans Fan. But I've been on the Ben Train since He got Here. The only thing I have ever questioned is why he doesn't play a zone sometimes. Don't some of you Stans haters claim to have not been real critical of Ben. I like them both.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Can't be said enough.
We have a good team finally. Let's all embrace that.

Great win tonight.

I’m on board for that. That was a monumental win tonight.

fishwater99
02-06-2018, 11:09 PM
It's time for the stans supporters to get on board or to give their tickets away. this is beyond ridiculous that we cannot pack out the hump.
The future is bright for Coach Howland and our men's basketball team.up

MarketingBully
02-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Ben Howland is the best coach we have had in 50 years if we would just let the man have time. It is beyond time to get behind this team and support them!!!

Yeah, he’s the best Coach resume wise we have ever hired. The key has always been players buying in and accepting roles and actually listening to him. He’s an elite recruiter and great coach. He has been responsible for putting over 20 players in the NBA and those players have a cumulative contract worth of over $900 million. Very impressive. He has a couple of players on this team that could get to the NBA (mainly Nick W and Lamar). They just need to keep working and getting better. I agree with Shane Power that from here on out until he retires he will have us in the tourney and making a deep run once in a while as well. People who wanted him gone will look like complete and total bafoons.

CJDAWG85
02-07-2018, 08:15 AM
You know what they say... Winning cures everything.

Bully13
02-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Regardless of what anybody says, that's an interesting stat 34 brings up.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2018, 08:56 AM
It's time for the stans supporters to get on board or to give their tickets away. this is beyond ridiculous that we cannot pack out the hump.

I don’t think that’s the problem. There are multiple problems. The biggest is that most of the best seats are held by big donors and corporations who aren’t local. Those tickets just aren’t going to be used most games, weekend or not. They will for big games in the weekend and huge games any time. In order to qualify as huge or big WE are going to have to be consistently contending. I honestly don’t know what the solution is other than to have a tip top level team. There may not be one other than that or building a new building with enough suites to hold the non-local $$$$ boys.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Yeah, he’s the best Coach resume wise we have ever hired. The key has always been players buying in and accepting roles and actually listening to him. He’s an elite recruiter and great coach. He has been responsible for putting over 20 players in the NBA and those players have a cumulative contract worth of over $900 million. Very impressive. He has a couple of players on this team that could get to the NBA (mainly Nick W and Lamar). They just need to keep working and getting better. I agree with Shane Power that from here on out until he retires he will have us in the tourney and making a deep run once in a while as well. People who wanted him gone will look like complete and total bafoons.

This. I was toying with wanting him gone early this season I’ll admitt. Then I thought about the FACT that if THIS guy fails just who could we get with a better proven record. It just wouldn’t happen because guys like that go to the blue bloods. Schools like MSU rarely hire a Howland.

shannondawg
02-07-2018, 10:14 AM

I'm now confused, did we stop buying tickets or are we buying tickets not to show up? Seems to be some disagreement among you guys. Lets work it out and be consistent.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm now confused, did we stop buying tickets or are we buying tickets not to show up? Seems to be some disagreement among you guys. Lets work it out and be consistent.

You still go to games so not sure why you always think these posts are directed towards you specifically.

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 10:37 AM

You are by far the worst poster on this board.

MCsMGs
02-07-2018, 10:48 AM

how does a statement of fact make 34 the worst poster on the board?

Surely you could have found a better example than that if you're trying to make a credible case.

Bully13
02-07-2018, 10:49 AM

what's wrong with pointing this out? I find the stat interesting and think it should be pointed out. big accomplishment no matter what your take on Stands is.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-07-2018, 11:37 AM

And remember, the 2011-12 squad had four NBA level talents on it and Stans could only get a 1 and done in the NIT with that group.

shoeless joe
02-07-2018, 11:44 AM
And remember, the 2011-12 squad had four NBA level talents on it and Stans could only get a 1 and done in the NIT with that group.

Umm...who were those 4?

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 11:45 AM
what's wrong with pointing this out? I find the stat interesting and think it should be pointed out. big accomplishment no matter what your take on Stands is.

Stating the four game win streak is awesome. Leading with "gut punch to the Stands Cult" makes it a troll job from the worst poster on the board. I mean he's doing exactly what was pointed out in the other thread: the only ones posting about Stans are the Stans-haters.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 11:47 AM
how does a statement of fact make 34 the worst poster on the board?

Surely you could have found a better example than that if you're trying to make a credible case.

He's just mad because it shows his hero wasnt as good at the end as they all want to believe

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
He's just mad because it shows his hero wasnt as good at the end as they all want to believe

Absolute garbage. And exactly why your troll post shows why you are the worst of the worst. Nobody is talking about the guy, so you desperately have to try and bring him up. Sad.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Absolute garbage. And exactly why your troll post shows why you are the worst of the worst. Nobody is talking about the guy, so you desperately have to try and bring him up. Sad.

Do you really think your post is going to change anything with him... He's be doing the same thing for over 10 years concerning Stans.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pLyobNsBDHI/hqdefault.jpg

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Do you really think your post is going to change anything with him... He's be doing the same thing for over 10 years concerning Stans.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pLyobNsBDHI/hqdefault.jpg

Maybe if more people called out his stupidity, he'd do it less.

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Umm...who were those 4?

Bost - spent time with the Jazz, and the D League, still playing in Europe
Hood - still with the Jazz
Moultrie - 2 seasons with Philly
Sidney - an NBA talent who never was

Coach34
02-07-2018, 12:09 PM

No- you and your guys are the garbage. We had to listen in November and December avout how we are never going to get the program back to how it was during Stands last season. You guys didnt mind beating that drum then. Time to take your medicine now. We have won 4 SEC games in a row for the 1st time in not only 6 since Stands left- but TEN years. In what is now a better SEC

As has always been the case since we started all this on Sixpack in 2004- make sure you can take when you dish it out.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 12:09 PM

the epitome of Stands doing less with more

drunkernhelldawg
02-07-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure there's a "Stans Cult," but this thread is proof that there's an Anti-Stans Cult. We don't need cults.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure there's a "Stans Cult," but this thread is proof that there's an Anti-Stans Cult. We don't need cults.

There's no anti-Stans cult. The argument really has nothing to do with Stansbury the man from my side it's between the people that try to protect Stansbury and those of us that want our basketball program to make it past the first weekend in March.

drunkernhelldawg
02-07-2018, 12:37 PM
There's no anti-Stans cult. The argument really has nothing to do with Stansbury the man from my side it's between the people that try to protect Stansbury and those of us that want our basketball program to make it past the first weekend in March.

Then why is this thread in existence? I mean, damn, we have a four game winning streak and we know that we can play with anybody. Halleleua! Something truly special is happening. That's where my mind is. Stansbury is not just gone. He's LONG GONE.

shoeless joe
02-07-2018, 12:39 PM

As I said earlier...not a stans "fan boy" and I felt it was time for him to go BUT the same reasons that have kept all but one of those guys from being successful in the NBA are somewhat to blame for that team not meeting potential.

Now that I fully recall that team it was an extremely disappointing season

turkish
02-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Get that crap out of here. If the anti-Stans cult were the Clinton administration, you would be Monica Lewinsky.

coastdoglover
02-07-2018, 01:00 PM

Stan?s supporters were also MSU supporters and if you think they are not supporters, then you are an idiot

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 01:03 PM
As I said earlier...not a stans "fan boy" and I felt it was time for him to go BUT the same reasons that have kept all but one of those guys from being successful in the NBA are somewhat to blame for that team not meeting potential.

Now that I fully recall that team it was an extremely disappointing season

Dee Bost is a known locker room cancer
Moultrie Knee couldn't stop smoking weed and failing drug tests
Renardo Sidney refused to run up the court and got into a fight in Hawaii on national TV while watching a game

These were 3 of our 4 best players talent wise. The bench had a guy go mentally insane for smoking fake weed. Deville Smith our backup PG almost died from smoking gas station dirt fake weed.

shoeless joe
02-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Renardo Sidney refused to run up the court and got into a fight in Hawaii on national TV while watching a game

These were 3 of our 4 best players talent wise. The bench had a guy go mentally insane for smoking fake weed. Deville Smith our backup PG almost died from smoking gas station dirt fake weed.

And on the flip side stans deserves some blame for recruiting those type guys and fostering that environment

Coach34
02-07-2018, 01:08 PM

Sidney also tried to use cocaine as a diet plan before the season. Thats why his ass was sent to work with John Lucas

All of this is why Stands was fired. Not what he did on the court. Our program was a shitshow

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Get that crap out of here. If the anti-Stans cult were the Clinton administration, you would be Monica Lewinsky.

Not sure why some of you are so hellbent on protecting Stansbury. He clearly wasn't looking out for MSU when he was allowing the Thug N Drug squad to ruin the basketball program.

shannondawg
02-07-2018, 01:21 PM
On the same token, why are you guys so hellbent on degrading him, he was coach 7 years ago and still acting like it was yesterday.

I for one have moved on, and looking forward to the Howland era, and enjoying the hell out of Vic's success. I think all the Stansbury supporters feel the same way, but you and yours won't let it die.

I have friends that got pissed about the reseating and not coming back, but not a one of my friends that liked Stansbury stayed away because of him leaving, they stayed away because of the shitshow on the floor.

Further more, that looney tunes idea of open seating, you want a shit show, just try that and see what happens.

Oh and welcome back Geezer, good to have you back, been missing you.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Further more, that looney tunes idea of open seating, you want a shit show, just try that and see what happens.

Why are you so against trying something different? When a restaurant is struggling because they reserve all the tables for people that don't show up and turn away the walk-ins wanting tables right then do they wait to go outta business before scrapping the reservation book? The atmosphere in the Hump IS ****ING DEAD and it's because they keep selling all the good seats to assholes that don't show up. PERIOD. That has been going on for 6 years now so nobody around Starkville wants to go to a game anymore cause the athletic department kissed all the assholes asses that haven't been coming to the games. Takes all of one game to be sitting in the rafters and looking at the hundreds of open seats that you aren't allowed to sit in to say to yourself you'll never go to another game at the Hump again. I certainly would never go to a restaurant that turned me away despite 3/4th of it being totally wide open and I wouldn't expect basketball fans to take that bullshit either. It doesn't matter that we are allowing them to sit down there after ten minutes now. The damage has already been done. Quit protecting your right to be an asshole and only show up to 5 games outta your season ticket allotment.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Better than being the dress.

turkish
02-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Better than being the dress.
He seems to enjoy the role.

basedog
02-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Why are you so against trying something different? When a restaurant is struggling because they reserve all the tables for people that don't show up and turn away the walk-ins wanting tables right then do they wait to go outta business before scrapping the reservation book? The atmosphere in the Hump IS ****ING DEAD and it's because they keep selling all the good seats to assholes that don't show up. PERIOD. That has been going on for 6 years now so nobody around Starkville wants to go to a game anymore cause the athletic department kissed all the assholes asses that haven't been coming to the games. Takes all of one game to be sitting in the rafters and looking at the hundreds of open seats that you aren't allowed to sit in to say to yourself you'll never go to another game at the Hump again. I certainly would never go to a restaurant that turned me away despite 3/4th of it being totally wide open and I wouldn't expect basketball fans to take that bullshit either. It doesn't matter that we are allowing them to sit down there after ten minutes now. The damage has already been done. Quit protecting your right to be an asshole and only show up to 5 games outta your season ticket allotment.

Ok 61, you talking about a great Bulldog who has given way more than most. Not only that you are calling out my friend.

Don't piss me off calling out shannondawg as you really don't have a clue about him!

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
No- you and your guys are the garbage. We had to listen in November and December avout how we are never going to get the program back to how it was during Stands last season. You guys didnt mind beating that drum then. Time to take your medicine now. We have won 4 SEC games in a row for the 1st time in not only 6 since Stands left- but TEN years. In what is now a better SEC

As has always been the case since we started all this on Sixpack in 2004- make sure you can take when you dish it out.

If 61 is Monica, 34 is the cigar.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Ok 61, you talking about a great Bulldog who has given way more than most. Not only that you are calling out my friend.

Don't piss me off calling out shannondawg as you really don't have a clue about him!

He needs calling out. Stop protecting people that don't show up to sit in their season tickets. Shannondawg is protecting these people.

shannondawg
02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Most of the people on the lower level have donated thousands of dollars for the rights to those seats. You think they will be happy sitting in the upper level on a first come basis, and still contributing those dollars?

Why aren't I willing to try what you suggest? Cause I know what it would do to the bulldog club.

There are lots of blue hairs sitting down there, that remember being called up and begged to buy tickets to both football and basketball to help ends meet. I venture some buy seats just in a way of contributing, but I'm sure that is declining and the ones not coming may be waiting for a winning product on the floor. Don't think winning brings the fans out? 10,750+ fans Monday night and thats for a ladies game.

basedog
02-07-2018, 02:12 PM
He needs calling out. Stop protecting people that don't show up to sit in their season tickets.

Well let me ask you, how many season tickets did you buy, how much money did you give the Bulldog Club, and how many games did you attend this year? On day Cow***** u will be 80 years old and I wonder if you can walk the walk and talk the talk shannondawg has for Msu!

Being an internet supporter of Msu isn't the same 61. Find someone like yourself to judge, not a big time donor!

Again you have not a clue!

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Most of the people on the lower level have donated thousands of dollars for the rights to those seats. You think they will be happy sitting in the upper level on a first come basis, and still contributing those dollars?

Why aren't I willing to try what you suggest? Cause I know what it would do to the bulldog club.

I don't speak for the BDC but MSU made over $40 mill from the SECN alone last year. Time for those holding the atmosphere hostage to learn how to notify if they are coming to a game or not. They can buy tickets just like everyone else in a first come first serve situation and if they are donating money to the BDC they will get access to purchase the best tickets first before the rest do but make no mistake if they don't buy a ticket each game they won't have a seat cause the next guy will get to buy it instead. That's how life works in 2018.

basedog
02-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Btw 61, I have a few friends who buy multiple season tickets for all sports, they send extra tickets to me and others all the time!

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Btw 61, I have a few friends who buy multiple season tickets for all sports, they send extra tickets to me and others all the time!

That's awesome. Butts in seats

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2018, 02:27 PM
I'm no expert - and I'm a 9 hour drive from Starkville so I'm not a season ticket holder and don't have a dog in this fight- but....

I think 61 has lumped 2 issues in together that shouldn't be. The individual donors and the corporate donors. The individual donors (if they aren't coming) need to be encouraged to get their tickets in the hands of people who come to games or give them back to the school. They do deserve the ability to reserve the best seats because those fans are the lifeblood of the programs. However, there should be a priority set up for where those seats are based on attendance. The corporate sponsors are a big issue for the continued no shows. Corporate seats need to be in the lower rows of the upper bowl and not in prime areas - or could be solved by the addition of suites (which is what corporate sponsors really want and we do not have). The corporations - in some cases - are only in it for the access and the politics and their needs should not be placed ahead of the fans.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 02:40 PM
I'm no expert - and I'm a 9 hour drive from Starkville so I'm not a season ticket holder and don't have a dog in this fight- but....

I think 61 has lumped 2 issues in together that shouldn't be. The individual donors and the corporate donors. The individual donors (if they aren't coming) need to be encouraged to get their tickets in the hands of people who come to games or give them back to the school. They do deserve the ability to reserve the best seats because those fans are the lifeblood of the programs. However, there should be a priority set up for where those seats are based on attendance. The corporate sponsors are a big issue for the continued no shows. Corporate seats need to be in the lower rows of the upper bowl and not in prime areas - or could be solved by the addition of suites (which is what corporate sponsors really want and we do not have). The corporations - in some cases - are only in it for the access and the politics and their needs should not be placed ahead of the fans.

My address could use a little better seasoning but the point is very simple. There are way too many "reserved seats" in the Hump. ESPN showed our attendance on Saturday as being almost 8,000. There was maybe 4,000 actual bodies there. That is a gigantic problem.

drunkernhelldawg
02-07-2018, 02:40 PM
I don't speak for the BDC but MSU made over $40 mill from the SECN alone last year. Time for those holding the atmosphere hostage to learn how to notify if they are coming to a game or not. They can buy tickets just like everyone else in a first come first serve situation and if they are donating money to the BDC they will get access to purchase the best tickets first before the rest do but make no mistake if they don't buy a ticket each game they won't have a seat cause the next guy will get to buy it instead. That's how life works in 2018.

That seems harsh to people who were there when we needed them.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 02:41 PM
I firmly believe the lack of Butts in the seats is related to the product that has been put on the court for the past 7 years.
Yes people can be pissed at those lower section people for not showing. but the people not showing up are not showing up because the product hasn't been good not because of their seat location.

We keep this winning streak going..it will get better. We make the NCAA's this year and it will really pick up come SEC time next year.

fishwater99
02-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Some Stans supports are still buying tickets but refuse to go to games or give their tickets away. This is a problem, IMO..

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
My address could use a little better seasoning but the point is very simple. There are way too many "reserved seats" in the Hump. ESPN showed our attendance on Saturday as being almost 8,000. There was maybe 4,000 actual bodies there. That is a gigantic problem.

"Reserved" seats means a season ticket has been sold. That's not a bad problem to have...Whether someone is in that seat or not every game is a different issue.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 02:46 PM

We need the suites. If you move Corporate seats from the best they can get from right now you will lose them..and we can't afford that

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Some Stans supports are still buying tickets but refuse to go to games or give their tickets away. This is a problem, IMO..

Do you REALLY think this is still happening... if it is, it can't be that many.. that's just silly. Especially now that we are winning.

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Are you saying that Stans supporters are intentionally having empty seats in the Hump to make MSU look bad? Honestly this sounds a little crazy but some people have more money than sense.

drunkernhelldawg
02-07-2018, 02:48 PM

I've heard this before. It's hard for me to believe. Is the number of these people in the one figure, two figure, or three figure range? I think's it's probably just something one guy spouted off six or seven years ago. Maybe it is an organized campaign against MSU. Terrible if true, but is it true? I'm extremely skeptical.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 02:49 PM
He needs calling out. Stop protecting people that don't show up to sit in their season tickets. Shannondawg is protecting these people.

Shannondawg has pumped alot of money into the program over the years- as has Geezer. Hard to be mad at them about some things. Just have never understood the Stands Cult

Coach34
02-07-2018, 02:51 PM
We need the suites.

100% agree

MCsMGs
02-07-2018, 02:53 PM
I understand why shannondawg supports Stans...They are longtime personal friends and friends should stand by friends. I also know that he has a long history of supporting MSU basketball way beyond what most seem to realize...I was part of a group that he reached out to put together a program to support Howland and the current program, It's not accurate to say he doesn't/hasn't supported Howland & Co. I have even sat in his seats, so I know that he is a caring and sharing supporter. He has earned a free pass from me.

However, there are plenty of "supporters" that are living in the past and continue to perpetuate a myth that continues to undermine our current program by spewing nonsense and constantly dragging down the present by comparing it to the past.

MadDawg
02-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Do you REALLY think this is still happening... if it is, it can't be that many.. that's just silly. Especially now that we are winning.

I find that hard to believe too. Especially now 6+ years removed. If I knew someone doing that, I'd tell them to get a life and give their tickets to a real fan.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Shannondawg has pumped alot of money into the program over the years- as has Geezer. Hard to be mad at them about some things. Just have never understood the Stands Cult

Shannondawg isn't the issue. He supports the basketball team and goes to games when he buys season tickets. He just keeps protecting those that ARE the issue. He keeps thinking I am talking about him when I am saying the seating and reserved tickets need updating. I am not talking about Shannondawg.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2018, 03:33 PM
I was a season ticket holder for many years with my dad til his health stopped him from going. I got out of the habit and still haven’t got back in it. I do not hold season tickets and haven’t in a while. The attendance problem, esp on week nights isn’t new, nor did it start with Stans or whoever. It’s always beeen a problem really. We had seats around us down low in the lower deck that almost never had anyone in them. One in particular I know bought them just to “support the program” but rarely came. This was during the better Richard Williams days. We still have a lot of that going on. If you want to fill the lowers bowl, and that’s the main objective, make it mostly students and general admission. If you want to keep it as is, and I understand the reason just as I understand 61’s general admission scheme, then empty seats are always going to be a problem, esp on weeknights and early season games. One idea might be to make the season ticket packages SEC only and make the early season general admission. Just a thought. I know when they do that over the holidays it’s a totally different crowd. There are a lot of kids and younger folks and it’s mostly locals. That’s the crowd you need to target if you want butts in the seats in a regular basis. Another idea might be to take BDC points away for season tickets not used. We scan now so that would be easy to keep track of. It might stop people from buying tickets they have no intention of using except when UK and UM come to town.

Bullmutt
02-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Not being a frequent poster, I hardly feel qualified to join the discussion and my suggestion may be totally unworkable. But, given the electronic age in which we now live, is there any reason why season ticket seat holders could not be required to notify the ticket office no later than one-to-two hours before tipoff as to whether their seats for that game will be used and, if not, the ticket office could then sell them as general admission? Just a thought.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Not being a frequent poster, I hardly feel qualified to join the discussion and my suggestion may be totally unworkable. But, given the electronic age in which we now live, is there any reason why season ticket seat holders could not be required to notify the ticket office no later than one-to-two hours before tipoff as to whether their seats for that game will be used and, if not, the ticket office could then sell them as general admission? Just a thought.

It's not the crazyiest idea..but tell me one other thing you pay to have a ticket and have to check in for besides travel.
People paid for a ticket. Not everyone even in this day in age is technological sound. You want to tell some of our older lifetime fans who are still supporting us, they can't just show up with their paper tickets they get delivered at the start of the year for the game tonight?

Coach34
02-07-2018, 05:28 PM
I find that hard to believe too. Especially now 6+ years removed. If I knew someone doing that, I'd tell them to get a life and give their tickets to a real fan.

5+ years. This is season 6 without Stands the Great. He was fired in April, 2012.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 05:30 PM

It's illegal to double sell seats

drunkernhelldawg
02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
It's not the crazyiest idea..but tell me one other thing you pay to have a ticket and have to check in for besides travel.
People paid for a ticket. Not everyone even in this day in age is technological sound. You want to tell some of our older lifetime fans who are still supporting us, they can't just show up with their paper tickets they get delivered at the start of the year for the game tonight?

They could set up a voluntary program. Maybe earn a few points by participating.

MCsMGs
02-07-2018, 05:37 PM

Something like this is what Howland has been pushing for...we got the attendance bonus program in place this year and I believe we will see more progress in the future. I'm pretty sure he was behind the invitations at the 10 minute mark to move to the lower level to ant open seat. He knows winning will put people in the seats, but he is active with other ideas. He wants those seats filled more than anybody!

It is hard to believe that with today's technology something like you describe would be difficult to execute.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 05:42 PM
They could set up a voluntary program. Maybe earn a few points by participating.

The school tried to do something kind of like this a few years back... the allowing of people to turn in tickets that wouldn't be used. It wasn't used much and was a logistics headache. The ticket office is already busy enough without that process in which they make no money. As is, the school is happy to have every seat sold, especially season tickets which require additional revenue in order to buy.

Bullmutt
02-07-2018, 05:48 PM

Your point is well taken, Scooba, but even if only 20-30% of ticket holders were willing to do it, it would increase the "butts in the seats", no? Also, if some knew days or even weeks ahead of time they would not be attending, they could advise the ticket office well in advance.

Bullmutt
02-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Thanks, C34. Had no idea that was the case. Suppose there's no way that non-attending ticket holders would allow the office to give away their seats for that one game.

basedog
02-07-2018, 06:24 PM
Just send the tickets to 61, he would be great distributing*****

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 06:33 PM

It's not illegal to resell a seat when you print on the tickets you'll do so if they don't notify you they are coming. Doesn't matter though as there's probably less than 200 season ticket holders that don't know how to work a cellphone or laptop by now. Identify whose those people are and allow them to keep on doing what they've been doing. They are officially grandfathered in as the "Bulldogs who have earned the right to do whatever the **** they want club". Now for other 4-5000 season ticket holders they can log into an app or respond to a text message with a "yes I am coming" button or a "go ahead and resell my seat" button. Takes literally 1 second of time and it can be done by computers so the ticket office isn't burdened one bit.

Or 2nd idea. You can sell two types of season tickets. 1 like they always have been sold. Buy them and you get tickets for the whole year in the same exact seat. These cost 5x as much as the 2nd type of "seasonal" ticket where the buyer doesn't have an assigned seat each game till they log in and assign it themselves. This gives all of the seasonal ticket holders the opportunity to get the best seat in the house each game dependent on when they log in to claim it. If they claim a seat and don't use it they will have to wait a day or two the next time before being able to claim their seat again stopping people from claiming the best seats if they aren't coming.

Or 3rd idea. Build a really ****ing nice club level area that is not in view of the TV camera for all the season ticket holders to go and hang out in for the games. Make it super nice. Like the nicest ****ing thing on campus. Leather couches, free food, the best beer in the world, alcohol, smoking hot servers, with huge flatscreens and everything nice ever. Have former players be bartenders for a game etc... all of the people that never come but buy season tickets right now can buy these club level season tickets and feel like the baddest mother****er walking the planet during each game. Really wine and dine them. Then I bet they will start coming to the games cause literally nothing is better than this 2-3 hour experience.

Problem solved. Season ticket holders can keep buying their tickets just like always and never go to a game just like always and it won't matter cause the rest of the Hump is filled with general admission holders or seasonal ticket holders.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2018, 06:49 PM
It's not illegal to resell a seat when you print on the tickets you'll do so if they don't notify you they are coming. Doesn't matter though as there's probably less than 200 season ticket holders that don't know how to work a cellphone or laptop by now. Identify whose those people are and allow them to keep on doing what they've been doing. They are officially grandfathered in as the "Bulldogs who have earned the right to do whatever the **** they want club". Now for other 4-5000 season ticket holders they can log into an app or respond to a text message with a "yes I am coming" button or a "go ahead and resell my seat" button. Takes literally 1 second of time and it can be done by computers so the ticket office isn't burdened one bit.

Or 2nd idea. You can sell two types of season tickets. 1 like they always have been sold. Buy them and you get tickets for the whole year in the same exact seat. These cost 5x as much as the 2nd type of "seasonal" ticket where the buyer doesn't have an assigned seat each game till they log in and assign it themselves. This gives all of the seasonal ticket holders the opportunity to get the best seat in the house each game dependent on when they log in to claim it. If they claim a seat and don't use it they will have to wait a day or two the next time before being able to claim their seat again stopping people from claiming the best seats if they aren't coming.

Or 3rd idea. Build a really ****ing nice club level area that is not in view of the TV camera for all the season ticket holders to go and hang out in for the games. Make it super nice. Like the nicest ****ing thing on campus. Leather couches, free food, the best beer in the world, alcohol, smoking hot servers, with huge flatscreens and everything nice ever. Have former players be bartenders for a game etc... all of the people that never come but buy season tickets right now can buy these club level season tickets and feel like the baddest mother****er walking the planet during each game. Really wine and dine them. Then I bet they will start coming to the games cause literally nothing is better than this 2-3 hour experience.

Problem solved. Season ticket holders can keep buying their tickets just like always and never go to a game just like always and it won't matter cause the rest of the Hump is filled with general admission holders or seasonal ticket holders.

Wanna know how I know you have no responsibility running any kind of business? Geez.. don't know where to start.
You want to drive off your most steady financial givers by telling them, you want the same thing you have had and everyone else in the college world gets..that will be 5x the cost. Congrats the hump is now empty except for students.

Coach34
02-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Our attendance problems go back to 1871. Putting our school in the middle of nowhere is still a problem 150 years later. Driving to Starkville on a Tuesday night for most people in Mississippi aint happening- especially when the game is on TV or the internet. End of story.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Wanna know how I know you have no responsibility running any kind of business? Geez.. don't know where to start.
You want to drive off your most steady financial givers by telling them, you want the same thing you have had and everyone else in the college world gets..that will be 5x the cost. Congrats the hump is now empty except for students.

Just buy the seasonal tickets then. They are much more wallet friendly. Oh and that's EXACTLY what Tennessee does right now.

Dawg61
02-07-2018, 08:05 PM

The Vol Pass, which is on sale now, is the most affordable and flexible season-ticket option for Tennessee basketball. For just $99, pass holders receive the opportunity to select their seat location to every men’s home game from the best available seating options. Pass holders also have the opportunity to add on tickets each game. http://www.citizentribune.com/sports/local/vol-basketball-announces-schedule-details/article_a2d7687c-a84b-11e7-9080-172e3787e80d.html

http://www.tennesseefund.org/lib/image/thumbs/VolsBasketball-Donation-Chart_1697_2076.jpg http://www.tennesseefund.org/season-tickets/mens-basketball-tickets/

Type type type away on that apology letter today

RougeDawg
02-07-2018, 11:18 PM
This may be abnormal but my two section 101 tickets have been used every home sec game but one. And I live 4.5 hours away. There are ways to get your tickets to people. Just takes effort.

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2018, 10:59 AM
http://www.citizentribune.com/sports/local/vol-basketball-announces-schedule-details/article_a2d7687c-a84b-11e7-9080-172e3787e80d.html

The Vol Pass, which is on sale now, is the most affordable and flexible season-ticket option for Tennessee basketball. For just $99, pass holders receive the opportunity to select their seat location to every men’s home game from the best available seating options. Pass holders also have the opportunity to add on tickets each game.

http://www.tennesseefund.org/season-tickets/mens-basketball-tickets/

Based on the VERY limited info that can be found about the Vol Pass I can't say that is a good or bad idea. But thanks for sharing it. So they offer you the option to buy a vol pass for $99 (I see nothing about any donation requirements so none likely). Then what, I would assume you pay the ticket price for the section for that single game. But why pay a Vol Pass when you can go to their website and buy single game tickets in the lower section for $30 as is. Not sure.
Further why are they tickets available in the lower sections, do they reserve a certain amount for single game sales, or are they returned tickets. If they are, It would be interesting to see the economic results put into it because that's losing out on 2,500-500 per seat. Is there a savings for season tickets vs individual tickets.

All interesting questions at least to me. It's an interesting thought.. but lots of questions.

But going back to Option 1. You can't set different requirements for tickets without causing a huge uproar. If you sent out a notice that next year you have the opt in or out on going to digital tickets and having to respond to CONFIRMING you were coming to the game. I don't think anyone would not Opt out of that requirement.

Option 2 - You are discussing the Vol Pass idea. From what I can find online, they open the Vol Pass option up a couple days before the game. No idea if there is any penalty for not coming.

Option 3 isn't happening to that extent...as mentioned the best you can hope for is suites. and that may or may not happen at the current hump. That would free up some lower level seating for either more season ticket holders or maybe some other solution.

Dawg61
02-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Based on the VERY limited info that can be found about the Vol Pass I can't say that is a good or bad idea. But thanks for sharing it. So they offer you the option to buy a vol pass for $99 (I see nothing about any donation requirements so none likely). Then what, I would assume you pay the ticket price for the section for that single game. But why pay a Vol Pass when you can go to their website and buy single game tickets in the lower section for $30 as is. Not sure.
Further why are they tickets available in the lower sections, do they reserve a certain amount for single game sales, or are they returned tickets. If they are, It would be interesting to see the economic results put into it because that's losing out on 2,500-500 per seat. Is there a savings for season tickets vs individual tickets.

The $99 Vol Pass gets you a ticket for every home game. You don't have to pay anything else besides $99. So if you go to every game it ends up costing you like $5 a game on average for a seat in TBA. For shit games you can get very nice tickets close to the court because not as many people go. For the Kentucky type games you'll be in the rafters because people that buy individual game tickets get priority to pick before the Vol Pass fans do. If you don't want to be in the rafters for the best games you have to also buy a ticket for that game if it means that much to you to get a better seat. The people that want the same seat for every game have to buy the season tickets not the Vol Pass. Those are much more expensive because you have to give a donation first and then you buy the season ticket. Like I said it's as much or more than 5x the price of a Vol Pass to get a reserved seat for every game.

The problem here with you and I on this issue is you keep trying to make MSU as much money as possible and I just want to fill the Hump as much as possible. You are taking the stance that MSU has been taking for the last forever. Sell as many reserved seats as possible and keep all the donors as happy as possible. You see where that's gotten our atmosphere to become. I on the other hand am fed up with that approach because it has destroyed the Hump's atmosphere. I just want as many fans as possible to go to the games. I want a sellout for every single game. That is my goal. Not to make MSU as much money as possible.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2018, 10:08 PM
The $99 Vol Pass gets you a ticket for every home game. You don't have to pay anything else besides $99. So if you go to every game it ends up costing you like $5 a game on average for a seat in TBA. For shit games you can get very nice tickets close to the court because not as many people go. For the Kentucky type games you'll be in the rafters because people that buy individual game tickets get priority to pick before the Vol Pass fans do. If you don't want to be in the rafters for the best games you have to also buy a ticket for that game if it means that much to you to get a better seat. The people that want the same seat for every game have to buy the season tickets not the Vol Pass. Those are much more expensive because you have to give a donation first and then you buy the season ticket. Like I said it's as much or more than 5x the price of a Vol Pass to get a reserved seat for every game.

The problem here with you and I on this issue is you keep trying to make MSU as much money as possible and I just want to fill the Hump as much as possible. You are taking the stance that MSU has been taking for the last forever. Sell as many reserved seats as possible and keep all the donors as happy as possible. You see where that's gotten our atmosphere to become. I on the other hand am fed up with that approach because it has destroyed the Hump's atmosphere. I just want as many fans as possible to go to the games. I want a sellout for every single game. That is my goal. Not to make MSU as much money as possible.

We do the exact same thing but we don't allow you to pick your seats from what was avaiable. I forget the name of it but I had it last year. It was good for all the ticketed sports last year. They did it only for football and basketball (both)this year and they divided football and basketball this year. You found out where your seats were 24-12 hours prior to the game. Tickets were mobile phone only. I gave it up because of two reasons, one logical and one not. I didn't like not having any control over where the seats were for football. I'd rather have upper deck west side, which are almost always available except for Bama, than random dregs elsewhere. The illogical reason is if I buy season football tickets we always have a losing season. It looney but nevertheless true. :D. For basketball I just got out of the habit, and if I ain't all in with basketball I ain't in, when it comes to going to the games. I only went to a very few last year, and most of those were women's games.

ScoobaDawg
02-09-2018, 12:56 AM

Can you show me somewhere where it states you get tickets to every game for $99, that's a heck of a deal if so..as you say for someone who doesn't care where they sit.
And not true, the very limited i could find I saw a poster saying he could get lower level tickets for every sec game.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/282026-post-jdancoffey-bought-99-vol-pass-past.html

Now, I strongly disagree with you here because, I don't believe it's an issue with pricing or location of seats that keep us from having better attendance.... It's been our team put on the floor. that won't change overnight either. Look at our football stadium which has been reseated several times and we still have sellouts because..we have a winning tradition now.

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Can you show me somewhere where it states you get tickets to every game for $99, that's a heck of a deal if so..as you say for someone who doesn't care where they sit.
And not true, the very limited i could find I saw a poster saying he could get lower level tickets for every sec game.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/282026-post-jdancoffey-bought-99-vol-pass-past.html
Now, I strongly disagree with you here because, I don't believe it's an issue with pricing or location of seats that keep us from having better attendance.... It's been our team put on the floor. that won't change overnight either. Look at our football stadium which has been reseated several times and we still have sellouts because..we have a winning tradition now.

Maybe, but we only sold out one game last year for football, and that was Alabama. You can't always get tickets for the lower bowl at the Hump this year unless you go to the secondary market, but you can almost always move down eventually.

Dawg61
02-09-2018, 01:29 AM

You get a ticket to every game you just have to go in and pick your seat for every game. Most games you can get an excellent seat.

The Vol Pass, which is on sale now, is the most affordable and flexible season-ticket option for Tennessee basketball. For just $99, pass holders receive the opportunity to select their seat location to every men's home game from the best available seating options. Pass holders also have the opportunity to add on tickets each game.

http://utsports.com/news/2017/9/28/mens-basketball-schedule-details-announced-for-unc-other-non-conference-games.aspx