PDA

View Full Version : Question about one of our Ladies Dawgs...

Jack Lambert
02-06-2018, 09:18 AM
I didn't want to put her name in the title. Here is my question:

Does McCowan get rattle when something doesn't go her way, she make a mistake and it effects her play? At times she looks all WNBA and other times she looks like she shouldn't be on the floor.

TheRef
02-06-2018, 09:22 AM
The main reason she seemed not as impactful in the first half was because she was afraid of getting quick fouls. She had to maintain her presence without getting fouls so that we could keep the matchups going. You saw her unleash everything in the 4th when she only had 2 fouls and knew she could make it the rest of the way all-out.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2018, 09:32 AM
The main reason she seemed not as impactful in the first half was because she was afraid of getting quick fouls. She had to maintain her presence without getting fouls so that we could keep the matchups going. You saw her unleash everything in the 4th when she only had 2 fouls and knew she could make it the rest of the way all-out.

This is it exactly. She was coached to play the way she did last night. When A’ja Wilson is involved it’s smart. She gets 19 out of 20 calls made around her.

shoeless joe
02-06-2018, 09:35 AM
She does let her frustration show. But it doesn't seem to effect her effort. As long as she's bustin tail and competing that's all that matters. I'm sure she's been told to try to control her body language but sometimes that's tuff when ur super competitive and hold yourself to a high standard.

Fader21
02-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I think ref hit it on the head. I was worried at first with her play, but I then started to think that Vic wanted to save her for the 2nd half and she started to turn it up in the 4th quarter and it showed as we dominated them in the 4th.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2018, 09:45 AM
I thought she had an awful game vs Mizzou just missing easy point blank shots at the basket and she did! But then you look at the stats after the game and she had 17 pts and 17 rebounds!! Then again last night she missed several just easy shots that if she makes makes the game a little more lopsided. Then ya look at the stats and she had TWENTY rebounds! I don’t know if she’s just thinking too much trying to shoot it or what but she is struggling putting the ball in the basket. But as long as she stays out of foul trouble, scores a little, and rebounds like she is, that’s what we need from her. Hopefully the shots start to fall for her again! Ha. Which means i hope She starts shooting almost 70 percent from the field again and not 55 percent!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Simple. She is good when she is playing against 6'2" post scrubs. When she plays against talented posts her weaknesses are amplified. She does have a bit of an attitude problem too when things don't go her way. That is immaturity and I had hoped she had gotten passed that by now but she hasn't. After the OM game, a game in which she struggled, when kids were calling her over to get autographs, she rolled her eyes and wouldnt smile

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2018, 10:03 AM
I didn't want to put her name in the title. Here is my question:

Does McCowan get rattle when something doesn't go her way, she make a mistake and it effects her play? At times she looks all WNBA and other times she looks like she shouldn't be on the floor.

I thought this was going to be about Morgan William. When she doesn't have it going, it is so obvious and she can't seem to ever get it going again.

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2018, 10:07 AM
I thought she had an awful game vs Mizzou just missing easy point blank shots at the basket and she did! But then you look at the stats after the game and she had 17 pts and 17 rebounds!! Then again last night she missed several just easy shots that if she makes makes the game a little more lopsided. Then ya look at the stats and she had TWENTY rebounds! I don’t know if she’s just thinking too much trying to shoot it or what but she is struggling putting the ball in the basket. But as long as she stays out of foul trouble, scores a little, and rebounds like she is, that’s what we need from her. Hopefully the shots start to fall for her again! Ha. Which means i hope She starts shooting almost 70 percent from the field again and not 55 percent!

Also note that when the refs wouldn't even let her pivot on her pivot foot on the block, making moves after getting the ball down low becomes tough. That and when they give Aja 3 steps and dribbling with both hands.....Aja looks like she is putting some moves on our girls. I bet McC would look awesome if you gave her 3 steps to do it, or maybe just let her pivot.

MadDawg
02-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Simple. She is good when she is playing against 6'2" post scrubs. When she plays against talented posts her weaknesses are amplified. She does have a bit of an attitude problem too when things don't go her way. That is immaturity and I had hoped she had gotten passed that by now but she hasn't. After the OM game, a game in which she struggled, when kids were calling her over to get autographs, she rolled her eyes and wouldnt smile

Couldn't disagree more. Sure she's dominant when playing a 6'2" scrub. But she's pretty damn good going against the better players too. And who doesn't get an attitude when things don't go their way? Just tell your kid he/she will get an autograph eventually.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Couldn't disagree more. Sure she's dominant when playing a 6'2" scrub. But she's pretty damn good going against the better players too. And who doesn't get an attitude when things don't go their way? Just tell your kid he/she will get an autograph eventually.

rolling eyes at them though? pretty immature.

But she's pretty damn good going against the better players too She didn't look too dominant against Wilson last night.

MadDawg
02-06-2018, 10:20 AM
rolling eyes at them though? pretty immature.

She didn't look too dominant against Wilson last night.

9pts and 20 rebounds against the best player in the country. Yeah, that's horrible.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Exactly Med. And she also played much better D in the 2nd half. Wilson scores a bunch on hustle and rebounding. After the first qtr, Big T ended that and rebounded the hell out of the basketball. If she just makes her yearly percentage shooting last night she would’ve had 15 pts and 20 rebounds. I just hope this missing gimmies thing ended last night and she gets back to normal shooting it