PDA

View Full Version : Tide Insider is the latest in on the BearSharks and the NCAA

Coach34
10-03-2013, 01:44 PM
saying they had received a letter from the NCAA

Then you had Jay Barker saying that on the radio in Alabama this morning- I'm sure he got it from the TI

Apparently it's not a just an EliteDawg Conspiracy anymore. Flabby and I have enlisted the help of other schools now to make things up**

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2013, 01:51 PM

Then you had Jay Barker saying that on the radio in Alabama this morning- I'm sure he got it from the TI

Apparently it's not a just an EliteDawg Conspiracy anymore. Flabby and I have enlisted the help of other schools now to make things up**

Bout time y'all delegated some of the work out. A conspiracy that big is just too much for a two man operation. Since LSU is in town this weekend see what kind of help you can get from them since they are their real rival and all.

maroonmania
10-03-2013, 01:59 PM

I can see it now, the Bears will release a statement saying they have indeed received a letter from the NCAA which read as follows: "This letter is being sent to commend you for your strict adherence to all NCAA recruiting rules and guidelines. Your university is a shining star in the area of NCAA compliance."

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I can see it now, the Bears will release a statement saying they have indeed received a letter from the NCAA which read as follows: "This letter is being sent to commend you for your strict adherence to all NCAA recruiting rules and guidelines. Your university is a shining star in the area of NCAA compliance."

I think what they will say "We lawyered up, nothing to see here".

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Nah... they'll probably just deny reporters' rights to FOIA the letter like they did the emails and complaints they got when Freeze requested info of them cheating.

hells bells
10-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Nah... they'll probably just deny reporters' rights to FOIA the letter like they did the emails and complaints they got when Freeze requested info of them cheating.

If this is the fact that the letter arrived, it is a heck of a lot sooner than I thought. Must be some serious flames behind that smoke.

Dash Riprock
10-03-2013, 02:29 PM
I was told by a high white horse souse that 17 schools turned them in for recruiting violations involving last years class, but we were not one the 17.

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I was told by a high white horse souse that 17 schools turned them in for recruiting violations involving last years class, but we were not one the 17.

I fairly certain that Bama, UGA, UT, UT, Auburn, FSU, A&M, & Vandy we're probably among that group. I've heard they've interviewed over 40 people from 2 or 3 sources now too. Be interesting to see what happens and if Freezus survives.

Homedawg
10-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I fairly certain that Bama, UGA, UT, UT, Auburn, FSU, A&M, & Vandy we're probably among that group. I've heard they've interviewed over 40 people from 2 or 3 sources now too. Be interesting to see what happens and if Freezus survives.

You can add Clemson.

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
You can add Clemson.

not sure how I forgot Clemson...

SignalToNoise
10-03-2013, 02:55 PM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lsvqIW_1glA/UkSpSMzIbYI/AAAAAAAAbaA/mFNNETYPiWY/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.jpg

Bully13
10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;59805]I fairly certain that Bama, UGA, UT, UT, Auburn, FSU, A&M, & Vandy we're probably among that group. I've heard they've interviewed over 40 people from 2 or 3 sources now too. Be interesting to see what happens and if Freezus survive

This post and the entire thread is the best News of the week

DawgInMemphis
10-03-2013, 03:01 PM

You can't believe anything a horse tells you.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Never trust a monkey either.

Dash Riprock
10-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Showing my age. That's a quote on live TV from a reporter during Watergate...

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Never trust a monkey either.

more importantly, NEVER trust a black bear... even if they're a preacher.

AlSwearengen
10-03-2013, 03:25 PM
as the story about the play picks up steam, olemiss will lose any sympathy from the media (other than theirs) and reporters will be interested in just how seedy the olemiss culture is. Or am I just hoping?

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 03:55 PM
as the story about the play picks up steam, olemiss will lose any sympathy from the media (other than theirs) and reporters will be interested in just how seedy the olemiss culture is. Or am I just hoping?

it's still coming.

slickdawg
10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I was in Costco talking with a UT fan in line the Sunday after Ole Miss beat them, joked with him about hiring Freeze, and basically got a "hell no, he's pissed off the wrong people". Was there some recruit they got that Texas wanted?

Jack Lambert
10-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I was in Costco talking with a UT fan in line the Sunday after Ole Miss beat them, joked with him about hiring Freeze, and basically got a "hell no, he's pissed off the wrong people". Was there some recruit they got that Texas wanted?

He might have eaten all the wood moulding in the locker room.

engie
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM

Yes. In the upcoming class, he "picked up" a LIFELONG Texas fan and lean from Dallas... There was discussion on Texas pay sites from paid insiders screaming foul about it to the heavens. They claimed, even then, to know details of exactly what happened...

Bo Darville
10-03-2013, 04:36 PM
When Freeze was on his rant about "if you think we did something wrong then let's see it", I sent proof of a violation to their compliance department. It involved illegal recruiting tactics and 2 signees (both now playing), but did not involve impermissable benefits. After repeatedly following up, I finally received an email from their compliance department acknowledging the violation and stating that they were handling it in accordance with the NCAA directive. Keep in mind that the violation was not a major violation. After reading an article about the great and wonderful Freeze in the Clarion Ledger, I notified Talty and sent him my documentation, along with the email from Ole Miss Compliance Department. The violation was not major, but it did prove that Freeze was lying about "we are perfectly clean". Talty never reported it in the paper or on his twitter feed. However, Talty did report multiple times about Bielema accidently tweeting a recruit's name (also a minor violation). You think Talty protects certain folks?

Technetium
10-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Care to post the info here?

Political Hack
10-03-2013, 04:44 PM
When Freeze was on his rant about "if you think we did something wrong then let's see it", I sent proof of a violation to their compliance department. It involved illegal recruiting tactics and 2 signees (both now playing), but did not involve impermissable benefits. After repeatedly following up, I finally received an email from their compliance department acknowledging the violation and stating that they were handling it in accordance with the NCAA directive. Keep in mind that the violation was not a major violation. After reading an article about the great and wonderful Freeze in the Clarion Ledger, I notified Talty and sent him my documentation, along with the email from Ole Miss Compliance Department. The violation was not major, but it did prove that Freeze was lying about "we are perfectly clean". Talty never reported it in the paper or on his twitter feed. However, Talty did report multiple times about Bielema accidently tweeting a recruit's name (also a minor violation). You think Talty protects certain folks?

Talty would seemingly be part of this story then. When you stop being a reporter and start being a part of the story, there's a problem. You should send this and the emails along with Talty's coverage of other similar incidents to more independent reporters. At this point, it's mostly blogs that actually give a damn about truth in reporting. the regular news media is looking for shock and awe, and don't really give a damn about the truth.

engie
10-03-2013, 05:04 PM
You think Talty protects certain folks?

Talty is NAFOOM at this point, I can assure you...

Knowing a little background, I can see why he wouldn't have printed it without it being VERY substantial. OM doesn't stand idly by and allow writers to rip them apart in articles...and Talty had probably just written the Marlon Humphrey/racism article...

K9 Avenger
10-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Especially when he's high...glad to see Dash Riprock here

slickdawg
10-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Yes. In the upcoming class, he "picked up" a LIFELONG Texas fan and lean from Dallas... There was discussion on Texas pay sites from paid insiders screaming foul about it to the heavens. They claimed, even then, to know details of exactly what happened...

Was that the Kincade kid from Dallas?

Rick Danko
10-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Was that the Kincade kid from Dallas?

Pretty sure tho not positive he is talking about the d lineman from Texas that committed to them earlier this year... Supposedly a Longhorn from birth that made that one visit and just had to have him some Ole Miss

AlSwearengen
10-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Pretty sure tho not positive he is talking about the d lineman from Texas that committed to them earlier this year... Supposedly a Longhorn from birth that made that one visit and just had to have him some Ole Miss

It was this guy. He is a senior in h.s. right now. There was some serious hell raising coming out of texas when he committed to olemiss. Supposedly the media over there was claiming shenanigans.

msstate7
10-03-2013, 06:53 PM
It was this guy. He is a senior in h.s. right now. There was some serious hell raising coming out of texas when he committed to olemiss. Supposedly the media over there was claiming shenanigans.

Come on man. Who would choose Austin, Tx, over oxford,ms?**

PassInterference
10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
What Tide Insider stuff? Links? Copy/paste?