PDA

View Full Version : Bibby had a great game.

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2018, 12:14 AM
Her best game of her career, hands down. Seems like she was involved in a ton of defensive stops, got some key rebounds, committed fouls that kept points off the floor, and was putting a body on Aja for most of the game. Great effort by the redhead.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:16 AM
I thought she played just ok against Mizzou. She's just a frosh so didn't concern me too much. Hostile environment may have gotten to her some there too.

She played really well tonight. She ever starts knocking down shots a little more consistently she'll be pretty darn good.

AlmostPositive
02-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Up until tonight she usually looked pretty tentative. I would like to see her hit a few more open shots, and I think that will come.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Up until tonight she usually looked pretty tentative. I would like to see her hit a few more open shots, and I think that will come.

I agree. I'm thinking she may turn out to be a taller version of Blair.

Cloak
02-06-2018, 12:53 AM
Agreed. She played TOUGH tonight and was huge on the defensive side of the ball. She didn't look as polished before this game, hoping she took a leap forward.

mstatefan91
02-06-2018, 01:00 AM
When I saw her reaction in the 2nd quarter, we were in the process of storming back, I knew she'd be a pivotal player in this game. She's gonna develop into a player that's nationally recognized. Doubt me if you want.. but I believe it

msstatelp1
02-06-2018, 07:43 AM
When I saw her reaction in the 2nd quarter, we were in the process of storming back, I knew she'd be a pivotal player in this game. She's gonna develop into a player that's nationally recognized. Doubt me if you want.. but I believe it

No need to doubt you. She's developing into a great player as she gets experience. She and the other players on the bench will get better and better as they play more so I'm not worried about next year.

curmudgeon
02-06-2018, 10:14 AM
She had a Euro step against Mizzou that would impress Vivians. She just missed the shot.

AlmostPositive
02-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Let's put it this way: If Vic Shaefer thinks a freshman should play 29 minutes against an elite team like SC, that freshman is already pretty darn good. We may have even lost last night without her, as odd as that may sound. And she is clearly obviously getting better.

MadDawg
02-06-2018, 10:45 AM
She played a big part on A'ja not being as effective in the 2nd half.

tcdog70
02-06-2018, 11:37 AM
I thought she played just ok against Mizzou. She's just a frosh so didn't concern me too much. Hostile environment may have gotten to her some there too.

She played really well tonight. She ever starts knocking down shots a little more consistently she'll be pretty darn good.

if just ok means--you come into a game that is going South in a hurry and all of a sudden you hold Mizzou to a 6 point quarter then i guess She did OK?

drunkernhelldawg
02-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Perhaps the biggest non star factor in the game. Great performance.

curmudgeon
02-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Chloe Bibby is the women's version of Branden Vincent on the men's 2004 SEC Championship team.

Guy could completely take over a game and only have 5 points. He was my favorite. Now a principal in Birmingham.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Chloe Bibby is the women's version of Branden Vincent on the men's 2004 SEC Championship team.

Guy could completely take over a game and only have 5 points. He was my favorite. Now a principal in Birmingham.

She's pretty good. Wouldn't quite put her in that category yet tho.

Bullsy
02-06-2018, 02:34 PM
She has a smooth natural shot. She’s going to gain confidence and be one of the premier shooters in the country before she is done

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2018, 04:32 PM

Exactly perfect description. Bibby did a lot of little things well during the game that do not show up anywhere near the stat line. For instance, Aja had the ball at the elbow and started to back McC down. Instead of letting her turn to put up the shot with her left hand, Bibby got right up into her body. Aja missed the shot because she didn't get "her shot". That little help defense kept 2 off the board. It happened like 5 times throughout the game.